PDA

You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum.  For the full version follow the link below.

View Full Version : The Utah "Resturant Wish-List" Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Boiseguy
Apr 30, 2008, 6:59 PM
I just noticed that a Boise neighborhood has its own thread as well as a thread/poll regarding a garage in Boise. Perhaps we should discuss this excessiveness as well...

from my count, I only see 8 threads for all of idaho on the first page.. that includes every metro which is 3, boiseplace thread, veterans park thread(which is actually a project) an idaho state thread and a poll asking for opinions.. and that last is photos by sawtooth...
there certainly is excessiveness but it is not boise or idaho..othe cities may be to blame...so please don't instigate a tiff between boise and salt lake based on your assumption...:tup:

mobius42
May 1, 2008, 4:12 AM
from my count, I only see 8 threads for all of idaho on the first page.. that includes every metro which is 3, boiseplace thread, veterans park thread(which is actually a project) an idaho state thread and a poll asking for opinions.. and that last is photos by sawtooth...
there certainly is excessiveness but it is not boise or idaho..othe cities may be to blame...so please don't instigate a tiff between boise and salt lake based on your assumption...:tup:

I do believe it is boise forumers coming on to utah threads to complain about the necessity of utah threads. Boiseguy, I like you and I think you make good points in general, but you have to admit that a thread for utah restaurants is no more excessive than a thread for the Veterans Park neighborhood in Boise. Besides a lot of the complaints stem from Utah project threads. By the way I counted 11 threads for all of Utah on the first page not including the pointless threads started only because of this brouhaha. That doesn't seem that excessive to me considering Idaho has 8. Additionally, it appears that there are fewer Utah threads than Phoenix or Denver. Interesting that the total thread count correlates with the relative size of the metros, yet some argue that Utah has too many threads.

Boiseguy
May 1, 2008, 5:53 AM
I do believe it is boise forumers coming on to utah threads to complain about the necessity of utah threads. Boiseguy, I like you and I think you make good points in general, but you have to admit that a thread for utah restaurants is no more excessive than a thread for the Veterans Park neighborhood in Boise. Besides a lot of the complaints stem from Utah project threads. By the way I counted 11 threads for all of Utah on the first page not including the pointless threads started only because of this brouhaha. That doesn't seem that excessive to me considering Idaho has 8. Additionally, it appears that there are fewer Utah threads than Phoenix or Denver. Interesting that the total thread count correlates with the relative size of the metros, yet some argue that Utah has too many threads.

well I never said anything about the restaurant threads.. I only spoke out about those new useless threads that you're referring to.. so don't accuse me of bagging on anyone specific... and you're right I think it is a big problem in the entire mountain west forum.. frankly I don't really pay much attention to denver or phoenix because I never go there and don't know much about it.
Lets just not throw petrol on the fire ok?

wrendog
May 1, 2008, 4:57 PM
Back to restaurant talk.. Apparently Five Guys Burgers and Fries will be entering the Utah market soon. Five Guys is to the East Coast as In N Out is to the West Coast.

Props
May 1, 2008, 5:25 PM
Any more details or just a rumor at this point? It's lunch time and I'm hungry - Five Guys sounds pretty good right now.

You know, as much as I like to see these regional chains become available in my neck of the woods, it kind of has a bad effect on me. I travel a lot and I notice that I never go to Sonic anymore now that they're everywhere, and that used to be one of my regular stops when I was traveling in their region. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen with In-n-Out etc. as they expand. The novelty is gone even if the food is still (hopefully) just as good. I guess there's a trade-off with everything.

wrendog
May 1, 2008, 5:30 PM
Someone told me that there is a billboard up on I-15 saying that five guys is coming soon. Another source says it's true and up to 30 will open in Utah.