PDA

View Full Version : Request bldg: UNIP Paraiso Tower - Sao Paulo

M.K.
Feb 6, 2007, 1:52 AM
Please insert that building in Sao Paulo city. I would be happy and glad. :) :tup:

Building Request Form

------------------------
Official sources: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=198845
Unofficial sources:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=130787

Building Name: UNIP Campus Paraíso A
Native Name: UNIP Tower
Other Names: Universidade Paulista - Unidade Paraíso
Address: Rua Vergueiro, 1211 - Paraíso Tel.: +55 (0)11 2166-1000
City: São Paulo - SP
Postal Code: CEP 01504-000
State/Province: São Paulo
Official Building Website URL: http://www5.unip.br/default.aspx
Skyscrapers.com (Emporis.info) URL: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=198845
Architect:
Interesting Facts/Records (in own words): Antenna on the top of building with same high as building

Heights--

PLEASE PROVIDE SOURCES FOR HEIGHTS, OTHERWISE WE WILL ASSUME THEY ARE ESTIMATES.
- antenna: 87,5m- spire:
- roof: 87,5m
- top floor:
- other heights: 175m total

Current Building Status (Built, Proposed, Canceled, Destroyed, etc...): Built

Construction Dates--
- started: 2001
- finished: 2004
- destroyed:

Above ground floors: 25
Below ground floors:
Floor-to-floor height: 3,5m
Gross Floor area:
Elevator count:
Unit count:

Structure Type(s):
Building Use(s): University/School
Building Style(s): Modern
Building Materials: Concrete, Glass, Steel
------------------------
Photo during construction without antenna yet.
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/7793/P8280010.jpg

Building Request Form

------------------------
Official sources:
Unofficial sources:

Building Name: Edifício Santa Rosa
Native Name:
Other Names:
Address: Al. Casa Branca 844 x Al. Lorena
City: São Paulo - SP
Postal Code: CEP 01408-000
State/Province: São Paulo
Official Building Website URL:
Skyscrapers.com (Emporis.info) URL:
Architect: Ubirajara Ribeiro, Walter Maffei Arquitetos
Interesting Facts/Records (in own words): Art Panel at entrance building mad by cooperation with Iolanda Akamine

Heights--

PLEASE PROVIDE SOURCES FOR HEIGHTS, OTHERWISE WE WILL ASSUME THEY ARE ESTIMATES.
- antenna:
- spire:
- roof: 48,8m
- top floor:
- other heights:

Current Building Status (Built, Proposed, Canceled, Destroyed, etc...): Built

Construction Dates--
- started: 1967
- finished: 1970
- destroyed:

Above ground floors: 14
Below ground floors: 1
Floor-to-floor height: 3,2m
Gross Floor area:
Elevator count: 2
Unit count: 28 appartments + Keeper Appartment

Structure Type(s):
Building Use(s): Residential
Building Style(s): Modern
Building Materials: Concrete, Glass, Alumnium

LMich
Feb 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
For the first one, I can not find the source for the heights, so I listed them as estimates until you can find me exactly where any of the sources you posted show the height of the tower and mast.

And, for the second request, you didn't post any source(s) for the information at all. Really, this is one of the basic requirements for a request.

M.K.
Feb 7, 2007, 10:54 PM
Dear LMich,

thanks for inserting the first one. The heights for the UNIP tower are estimated as I do not found in net. As I am now in Sao Paulo I went personally to the bldg making photos and there I asked to people that told me the heights. Also comparing to other structures in city is like that. So please include the heights if possible. I just would consider putting the use as mixed one as it is educational as university in building and communication on the top with the antenna for radio, mobil phones and tv proposes. :tup:

The second one, as I lived in it for 25 years I know the building like my hands. So please insert it, even it does not have a source in internet as it is residential and was built in 1970. Thanks also. :tup:

Apropo, did you know when I will have access as editor for Brazil cities and including diagrams??????? Did Mr. Dylan answered you about that??????? I would like much to be an editor for Brazil to include and correct many buildings information. Thanks also. :whip:

LMich
Feb 8, 2007, 1:11 AM
A few things...

1. When you have heights that are estimates, you must label them as such.

2. I can add the second building, but only the most basic of data (floor count and year completed) since you don't have a source for the information. After this, I will add nothing that doesn't have a source. It doesn't have to be an internet source, but it must be a brochure or other data, and you have to give the name.

3. For UNIP, the primary usage of the tower is education, it just so happens to include a large communication mast. The only way it'd be listed at mixed use is if half the floors of the tower were also devoted to communications. It is not, so communications will remain a side usage.

M.K.
Feb 8, 2007, 2:40 AM
A few things...

1. When you have heights that are estimates, you must label them as such.

2. I can add the second building, but only the most basic of data (floor count and year completed) since you don't have a source for the information. After this, I will add nothing that doesn't have a source. It doesn't have to be an internet source, but it must be a brochure or other data, and you have to give the name.

3. For UNIP, the primary usage of the tower is education, it just so happens to include a large communication mast. The only way it'd be listed at mixed use is if half the floors of the tower were also devoted to communications. It is not, so communications will remain a side usage.

Ok, I am happy.:)
1- Next time I will say height as estimated when none written is given.
2- It is quite difficult to find sources in Brazil as many bldgs built more than 20 years, there are an ocean of them, it is quite not listed anywhere, as it is not a commercial propose and it is not good organized as USA, unfortunatly. The maps were not keept. today is difficult to collect data retroative up of them. I expect and hope your tolerance in compreehension to this fact. Only few new ones to be sold as business offices have more directional internet sources or brochures from constructors. I lived in Sao Paulo city for more than 25 years and know very well histories about bldgs there constructed. Well, I will try in future to find more precise information from architect or old plans of that bldgs.
3- It is Ok that UNIP tower is completely use for educational reasons. The communication tower on it its third rent for several uses, but I am happy with your explanations as the all bldg is educational, you are right.
Thanks BTW. :tup: