PDA

You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum.  For the full version follow the link below.

View Full Version : Cops Television Program in Boise Idaho

Coy911
Feb 6, 2007, 2:36 PM
Not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but the television show "Cops" will be showing a segment from Boise starting February 17th at 7pm mountain time on Fox 12. Many more segments to follow with great footage. Our city is finally getting attention! Check out their website www.cops.com

glowrock
Feb 6, 2007, 5:35 PM
"Potato theft from the local Albertson's supermarket. Film at 11!"

:haha:

Aaron (Glowrock)

Cottonwood
Feb 6, 2007, 5:52 PM
Not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but the television show "Cops" will be showing a segment from Boise starting February 17th at 7pm mountain time on Fox 12. Many more segments to follow with great footage. Our city is finally getting attention! Check out their website www.cops.com

Boise has been gaining attention over the past decade so a trashy tv show that decides to film a segment here is not that flattering. COPS?? oh great, now we join the ranks of Reno, Detroit, Denver...
Maybe they will arrest a crack ho from Garden City?

nobody
Feb 6, 2007, 6:19 PM
Yeah I'm a little lost on why this would be considered good press for Idaho. The only parts that'll be on the show would be the slums (or as close to slums as we have). We've been getting awesome press for our job market and the livability of the area, I think I'll stick with that.

Also as far as the potato theft joke, man that is fresh!

jard
Feb 6, 2007, 6:30 PM
One thing is they typically have a few shots of the skyline at night, and it is kind of a fun show to watch (at least I think so) I've seen spokane on there a few times.

glowrock
Feb 6, 2007, 6:33 PM
Yeah I'm a little lost on why this would be considered good press for Idaho. The only parts that'll be on the show would be the slums (or as close to slums as we have). We've been getting awesome press for our job market and the livability of the area, I think I'll stick with that.

Also as far as the potato theft joke, man that is fresh!

Come on, you know it was just a little joke... ;)

Aaron (Glowrock)

nobody
Feb 6, 2007, 6:35 PM
Come on, you know it was just a little joke... ;)

Aaron (Glowrock)

So was my response. Group hug!

SLC Projects
Feb 6, 2007, 10:32 PM
There's crime in Boise? LOL.......JK.

wrendog
Feb 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
"Bad Boys(ie), Bad Boys(ie), watcha gonna do when they come for you"?

glowrock
Feb 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
So was my response. Group hug!

:hug:

Aaron (Glowrock)

Evo5Boise
Feb 7, 2007, 12:10 AM
Every city in the nation has crime. So I don't really feel like its a blow to our city to be shown on COPS.

Boisebro
Feb 7, 2007, 12:24 AM
oh come on guys. COPS in boise isn't a bad thing.

it might be the only time Boizean will be on national television!
;)

Northernlad
Feb 7, 2007, 12:28 AM
For a city its size, Boise seems pretty mellow and safe to me when I visit and since downtown is so tidy and clean I never feel intimidated walking at night from or to my hotel. But I have never stayed in a hotel outside of downtown.
My co workers who live and work in Boise always joke about how the cops are bored and spend too much time pulling over speeding motorists.

Coy911
Feb 7, 2007, 4:33 PM
For a city its size, Boise seems pretty mellow and safe to me when I visit and since downtown is so tidy and clean I never feel intimidated walking at night from or to my hotel. But I have never stayed in a hotel outside of downtown.
My co workers who live and work in Boise always joke about how the cops are bored and spend too much time pulling over speeding motorists.

Not to be rude, but your friend must be from a much larger city. Boise definitely has crime. I'm sure everyone here will be surprised of the footage the program shows. And the officers are certainly not bored; they bust their rear going from call to call.

GeorgeLV
Feb 8, 2007, 4:13 AM
Not to be rude, but your friend must be from a much larger city. Boise definitely has crime. I'm sure everyone here will be surprised of the footage the program shows. And the officers are certainly not bored; they bust their rear going from call to call.

Well, the website describes exactly what footage it will be...and it's a downer: domestic violence. :(

What's worse is that it's set to follow what should a quite comical segment of a hobo midget climbing up a utility pole on the Las Vegas strip.

jerremyl
Feb 9, 2007, 10:22 PM
Cops used to film here in Lakewood, Pierce County area (Tacoma) for years before 2004. They filmed with the Lakewood precinct of the Pierce County Sheriff's department. After Lakewood formed its own police department in September 2004, the city stopped participating. City officials said they were concerned that people from outside the region who might move to Lakewood might instead move to other nearby cities that do not have a reputation from the COPS program (but that have similar or higher crime rates).

Lakewood is not that large of a city only about 60,000 people, and yes it does have a reputation but not as bad as its neighbor Tacoma. I hope Boise fairs better :)

Boizean
Feb 11, 2007, 4:43 AM
I wouldn't consider this a compliment to Boise.

it might be the only time Boizean will be on national television!
:notacrook:

boi2socal
Feb 11, 2007, 4:30 PM
My guess is there will be a heavy emphasis on white trash. This will simply reinforce most of the country's view of Boise and Idaho.

I try to explain to people that Boise is an up and coming city. Most people don't believe me till I take them there. Then they're like, "Oh, it is nice here."

Mr.Boisean
Feb 11, 2007, 6:34 PM
My guess is there will be a heavy emphasis on white trash. This will simply reinforce most of the country's view of Boise and Idaho.

I try to explain to people that Boise is an up and coming city. Most people don't believe me till I take them there. Then they're like, "Oh, it is nice here."

Well, considering Boise's racial diversity - or complete lack thereof - we already know that its going to be about white trash. I've had the same experience with my Californian friends (I'm originally from the OC myself). They hate the idea of liking Boise, but when the get here they go loopy over how nice it really is.

Sawtooth
Feb 11, 2007, 6:41 PM
Speaking of white trash, I was amazed at how much white trash live in the seattle area. I was there a few weeks ago visiting a friend and was blown away by the WT. I have been there before of course, but never really paid attention. But it makes sense that the larger a city is, there is going to be more white trash that will inhabit that city.

b-s
Feb 11, 2007, 9:40 PM
There's crime in Boise? LOL.......JK.

Maybe not, but I heard they had a hanging of a horse thief last week.

b-s
Feb 11, 2007, 9:45 PM
Speaking of white trash, I was amazed at how much white trash live in the seattle area. I was there a few weeks ago visiting a friend and was blown away by the WT. I have been there before of course, but never really paid attention. But it makes sense that the larger a city is, there is going to be more white trash that will inhabit that city.

That surprises you?

It depends on the region and the city. Do you believe that lakefront Chicago or Manhattan has hundreds of thousands of "white trash" chillin' on their stoops? (Maybe you do. I don't know.)

I don't know why some people think new school, Johnny-come-lately, over-hyped pseudo-cities like Seattle are something they're not. Geographical ignorance.

Please do not think just because a place is larger that it's more "white trash" -- and the racial slurs aren't too cool either. Ridiculous.

Cottonwood
Feb 11, 2007, 10:07 PM

Don't think so. In Boise, it would more like an SUV or BMW thief:haha: Maybe there are horse thiefs in the deep South:shrug:

Mr.Boisean
Feb 11, 2007, 10:22 PM
That surprises you?

It depends on the region and the city. Do you believe that lakefront Chicago or Manhattan has hundreds of thousands of "white trash" chillin' on their stoops? (Maybe you do. I don't know.)

I don't know why some people think new school, Johnny-come-lately, over-hyped pseudo-cities like Seattle are something they're not. Geographical ignorance.

Please do not think just because a place is larger that it's more "white trash" -- and the racial slurs aren't too cool either. Ridiculous.

Geographical ignorance - catchy and topical, I like that. But Seattle definitely isnt a "psuedo-city"...whatever you meant by that. Sorry to say though, after having lived in Seattle for quite some time myself, I can confirm Sawtooth's initial impression from visiting - there does seem to be an inordinate number of what many people would consider to be "white trash". Think Burien, Renton, Kent, etc, not Bellevue, Green Lake, or Redmond.

You consider "white trash" a racial slur? That's a bit of a stretch. If you called somebody "white-trash" to their face, they wouldnt be upset because you pulled out some sort of race card - "oh my god, did he just call me WHITE trash!?" - no, no...they'd be upset because you just called them classless, uncultured, and poor. Its the "trash" in "white trash" thats the real insult, not "white".

Every city has its fair share of individuals stuck on a lower rung of the socio-economic latter. C'est la vie. The bigger the city, the more of these people there are - not nessicarily proportionally more, but relatively more, you bet. Common sense really.

Anyway, all of that is really inst superjacent to this thread. Boise has its fair share of white trash and you can bet your bottom dollar the episodes of Cops filmed here will be centered around them in places like the Boise Junction area and Garden City, not Southeast Boise or the North End.

Mr.Boisean
Feb 11, 2007, 10:26 PM

Dat der crim' nal was my pappi:dead: He stole a horse so he could ride it to work at the pototo farm.

:sly:

b-s
Feb 11, 2007, 10:28 PM
double post

b-s
Feb 11, 2007, 10:36 PM
There's need to get so emotional, man.

Geographical ignorance - catchy and topical, I like that. But Seattle definitely isnt a "psuedo-city"...whatever you meant by that. Sorry to say though, after having lived in Seattle for quite some time myself, I can confirm Sawtooth's initial impression from visiting - there does seem to be an inordinate number of what many people would consider to be "white trash". Think Burien, Renton, Kent, etc, not Bellevue, Green Lake, or Redmond.

I never said Seattle wasn't full of "white trash."

I did say that [90% white, boomtown, suburban density, over-hyped] Seattle was a pseudo-city though. You can quote me on that.

You consider "white trash" a racial slur? That's a bit of a stretch. If you called somebody "white-trash" to their face, they wouldnt be upset because you pulled out some sort of race card - "oh my god, did he just call me WHITE trash!?" - no, no...they'd be upset because you just called them classless, uncultured, and poor. Its the "trash" in "white trash" thats the real insult, not "white".

Any insult, with reference to someone's color, is considered inappropriate in the civilized world.

Every city has its fair share of individuals stuck on a lower rung of the socio-economic latter. C'est la vie. The bigger the city, the more of these people there are - not nessicarily proportionally more, but relatively more, you bet. Common sense really.

You're confused.

You didn't understand my post.

There is not the same "white trash" to non-"white trash" ratio in every place, every city, every region. You need to get out more, and I'm not talking the same Portland-Seattle-Boise triangle that you Mormons and Neo-Nazis love.

Anyway, all of that is really inst superjacent to this thread. Boise has its fair share of white trash and you can bet your bottom dollar the episodes of Cops filmed here will be centered around them in places like the Boise Junction area and Garden City, not Southeast Boise or the North End.

I didn't know Boise was big enough to have different sections. That's cute!

Sawtooth
Feb 11, 2007, 10:45 PM
:previous: Seattle is a great city and I always enjoy visiting there. Seattle is one of the greatest cities in this country and I am not stating this just because I live in the Northwest.
And yes B-s, I would imagine there are a lot of wealthy white trash who live in large eastern cities. And I didn't see any racial slurs being thrown around either. It sounds like to me that somebody who has allowed themselves to get too brainwashed on all of the political correct propoganda we are exposed to in this nation, is invading this thread because he is maybe unhappy and trying to prove his point??
All of us "rural city people" are hilarious:notacrook:
You b-s must be one of those incredibly naive, uptight and hilarious "unrural city people"

b-s
Feb 11, 2007, 10:47 PM
:previous: Seattle is a great city and I always enjoy visiting there. Seattle is one of the greatest cities in this country and I am not stating this just because I live in the Northwest.
And yes B-s, I would imagine there are a lot of wealthy white trash who live in large eastern cities. And I didn't see any racial slurs being thrown around either. It sounds like to me that somebody who has allowed themselves to get too brainwashed on all of the political correct propoganda we are exposed to in this nation, is invading this thread because he is maybe unhappy and trying to prove his point??
All of us "rural city people" are hilarious:notacrook:
You b-s must be one of this incredibly naive, uptight and hilarious "unrural city people"

An Idaho person calling someone else naive and uptight. That's cuter!

(Let me guess, you're Mormon.)

Sawtooth
Feb 11, 2007, 11:04 PM

It is so fun when a naive person continues to prove just how naive he or she is. First this person accused us of racial slurs when there were not any going around, and NOW this person is trying to label us as a certain religion. :daz:

IdahoMountainBoy
Feb 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
this is BS :rolleyes:

jard
Feb 11, 2007, 11:39 PM

Don't get out much do you? The pacific north west is THE least religous region in the United States. Not that I think there is anything wrong with the mormans.

The Pacific Northwest is the least church-going part of English-speaking North America; this is most pronounced on the part of the region west of the Cascades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Northwest

jard
Feb 11, 2007, 11:43 PM

Looks like there is a lot you don't know.

Cottonwood
Feb 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
Any insult, with reference to someone's color, is considered inappropriate in the civilized world.

You're confused.

You didn't understand my post.

There is not the same "white trash" to non-"white trash" ratio in every place, every city, every region. You need to get out more, and I'm not talking the same Portland-Seattle-Boise triangle that you Mormons and Neo-Nazis love.

This b-s character is an ass and a confused hyprocrite.

Sawtooth
Feb 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
B-s sent me some pretty colorful, threatening, and vulgar PM's. If you guys are interested let me know and I will copy and paste them here so you can read them:tup:

InlandEmpire
Feb 12, 2007, 2:15 AM
The sweeping generalizations b-s seems to like to toss around are fun to read, but don't appear to have much basis in reality. Either way, unproductive comments like that have no place in this forum.

Seattle does have it's share of.... I hesitate to say... "white trash" although you would be hard pressed to find a city composed of only the well educated elite anywhere. I'm not sure where everybody is seeing this though... maybe I don't get out of Bellevue often enough? ;) But then, when did this thread become about Seattle?

I doubt these episodes of COPS will tarnish Boise's image much if at all. If some of the more serious issues you have to deal with are domestic disputes, count yourselves as lucky. Not that I'm discounting issues at home, but I doubt there are many gang wars brewing in the City of Trees.

Does anybody even watch that anymore anyway?? I think it's time has passed.

Cirrus
Feb 12, 2007, 2:23 AM
b-s, you are clearly trolling. Some of your posts in other threads follow the same pattern. Learn to behave or you will not be welcome here much longer.

Everyone else: Don't let him draw you into a flame war. It won't matter who started it.

SLC Projects
Feb 12, 2007, 3:16 AM
Wow what on earth happen to this thread? :shrug:

Anyways back to the Cops in Boise...When is the show going to be on air? or has it already?

Mr.Boisean
Feb 12, 2007, 3:37 AM
Yikes b-s, untwist your knickers a bit, eh?

logicskier
Feb 12, 2007, 4:47 AM
Wow what on earth happen to this thread? :shrug:

Anyways back to the Cops in Boise...When is the show going to be on air? or has it already?

I believe it will air Saturday, February 17, 2007, on your local Fox station.

Ute_City
Feb 12, 2007, 5:11 AM
In before the lock...:sly:

BoiseAirport
Feb 12, 2007, 7:13 AM
b-s,

Want a tip? Just stop. It's not like anyone will ever agree with you and think you're the good guy in this situation. It's not like what you're saying is demographical fact. It's not like your insults make you better than us. The only person you're shunning is yourself. You're making a complete fool of yourself. You are truly embarassing yourself, and you should pray that none of your SSP "friends" read that, because if they do, say good-bye to respect. Even if they agree with you, it's not like you're truly going to have a great impact on our lives. So what if you call Boise a "cute" wanna-be city, who honestly gives a damn about what you're saying? It aint like you're going to have a profound impact on the beliefs of anybody about Boise.

Anthony

IdaBoi
Feb 12, 2007, 4:40 PM
double post.

IdaBoi
Feb 12, 2007, 4:41 PM
There isn't even a Mormon chapel in the downtown area of Boise. The closest would be the institute church at BSU and other than that the nearest is clear out on Warm Springs Avenue or way up on Bogus Basin Road. Every other major Christian denomination has a church in the Downtown/Northend area. The Mormon church is the minority in Boise except for some of the suburban areas.
B-s is full of BS.

boi2socal
Feb 13, 2007, 1:47 AM
There isn't even a Mormon chapel in the downtown area of Boise. The closest would be the institute church at BSU and other than that the nearest is clear out on Warm Springs Avenue or way up on Bogus Basin Road. Every other major Christian denomination has a church in the Downtown/Northend area. The Mormon church is the minority in Boise except for some of the suburban areas.
B-s is full of BS.

Well, there is a heavy presence West of Downtown. I went to school in West Boise and I would say nearly half of my peers were Mormon.

As far as Seattle goes, Downtown and the Eastside are great minus the weather. I lived South of the 405 and it wasn't cute. I was gone in five months. Cost of living still wasn't worth it for me in those nice areas so I moved to SoCal.