PDA

View Full Version : Cochin highrises, pictures and projects - II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

puppuli
Apr 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
Asset Thottekkat Opp Maharajas College

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1976/thottekkateq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PLUS
Apr 10, 2008, 12:56 PM
Service to grow 30% at Cochin airport

This means from the present 3.8 million passengers per annum during 07-08
the traffic will jump to 5 million during 08-09. thats only a shade less
than the present traffic at Hyderabad !!

This is the Kochi story in a nut-shell - well on its way to be the next metro
after Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad

Busy days ahead for Cochin airport

A Correspondent

Summer schedule from today

NEDUMBASSERY: The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will register a 30 per cent growth in weekly aircraft movement during the six-month summer schedule, which will come into force on Sunday.

Two new daily direct flights by Air India, one each to Delhi and Mumbai, is one of the highlights of the schedule. Both the services will begin operations on Sunday.

The Delhi flight is scheduled to depart from here at 7.30 a.m. and reach Delhi at 10.30 am. In the return direction, the flight will leave at 5.30 p.m. and reach here at 8.30 pm.

The Mumbai flight scheduled for 9.15 p.m. departure is predominantly aimed at passengers bound to take Air India’s non-stop Mumbai-New York flight, which is operated daily at 12.45 a.m.

As per the new schedule announced by Shriram Bharath, managing director of the airport company, the number of flight movement stands at 451- 256 domestic and 195 international services.

This is in comparison to 346 movements – 195 in the domestic and 151 in the international sector – during the just concluded winter schedule.

With enhanced flight movements, the airport will remain connected to key Indian cities, including the national capital.

The frequency of daily flight services to these cities has gone up with nine services to Mumbai, two to Delhi, 11 to Bangalore and seven flights to Chennai.

In the international sector, 16 foreign airlines operate out of Kochi. Apart from West Asia destinations, Kochi stays connected to Singapore and Colombo.

Besides, most of these airlines offer onward connection to various U.S. and European destinations as well as to Far East destinations. http://www.thehindu.com/2008/03/30/stories/2008033054690600.htm

PLUS
Apr 10, 2008, 2:20 PM
Tender invited for four-laning of of NH-17 starting from Edappally

I hope someone can post the link to the Malayalam news or a screenshot of it.

I would love to get information on the following projects.

## RDS project at Kakkanad - supposed to be under construction

Can anyone get a perspective or some photos

## Ozone has a big project coming up at Nedumbassery on 300 acres.
More info needed.

## Locations of Parsvnath, Elbit projects

puppuli
Apr 10, 2008, 7:24 PM
Area - 20 acres
Five star hotel,multiplex,shopping mall

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5121/citylagoonio4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

viperpaul22
Apr 10, 2008, 9:18 PM
Area - 20 acres
Five star hotel,multiplex,shopping mall

Mate, you might want to check up older posts to avoid repeats..

elm07
Apr 10, 2008, 10:35 PM
Woods township

http://www.tercel.in/projects.htm

Highlights

Serene landscape spread over an area of 6.3 acres.
Common area of 2 acres.
1.8 kms off proposed airport – seaport road.
900 meters off Aluva – Perumbavoor private bus route.
16.5 kms off Cochin airport.
4 kms off Aluva railway station and KSRTC bus stand.
5.5 kms off Kinfra electronic park.
6 kms off co-operative medical college.
6 kms off kinfra zone (bio-tech park, gems and jewelry park, convention and exhibition park).
10 kms off CUSAT.
14.5 kms off smart city and Info Park.

PLUS
Apr 11, 2008, 6:48 AM
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7793/picture1elevationofnitevp4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Courtesy: skyscrapercochin.blogspot.com

This project has been launched. It has more than 2000,000 sq ft built up area
as I mentioned.

Nitesh Wimbledon Gardens in Kakkanad, Kochi is one of South India’s largest urban mixed used development covering 2 million square feet of homes, retail, office and service apartments. Located strategically on the Airport-Seaport Road, this project comprises 9, 00,000 sq. ft. of superbly planned residential area, in this rapidly developing IT hub.

I got confused by the above rendering - thought they modified the project.
But its just a different view, you see the image below.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6793/nitesh1ve0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

viperpaul22
Apr 11, 2008, 7:32 AM
Rs.34-crore tourism projects proposed

Under urban renewal mission programme

Detailed Project Report being prepared

Rs.6.94-crore projects for urban local bodies

KOCHI: Seventeen tourism proposals costing Rs.34.70 crore have been included in the first phase of the preparation of a Detailed Project Report (DPR) under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) programme being implemented in Kochi Corporation.

The share of urban local bodies in these projects will be Rs.6.94 crore. A presentation elaborating the project proposals was made at the Corporation council hall on Thursday.

The Centre for Heritage, Environment and Development (CHED) under the Corporation will prepare the DPR.

Rajan Chedambath, Director, CHED, said Rs.10 crore had been allocated for developing and maintaining public space in the Cochin urban region.

He said land had to be identified for the project. ‘Hershells walk’ project at Fort Kochi and ‘People’s walk’ project at Palluruthy could be part of this project, he said.

Other projects and funds proposed in the first phase: renovation of Durbar Hall ground (Rs.20 lakh); construction of a tourism complex at Edappally (Rs.50 lakh); renovation of the Bastian bungalow at Fort Kochi (Rs.20 lakh); landscaping Palm avenue project from Thevara junction to BOT bridge (Rs.1 crore); integrated tourism proposal and management programme for Fort Kochi and Mattancherry tourism zone (Rs.10 crore); strengthening the Grahsthali programme (Rs. 5 crore); Kunnara Park improvement (Rs.30 lakh); P.J. Antony memorial cultural centre improvement (Rs.50 lakh); Pallathuraman Cultural Centre improvement (Rs.20 lakh); water–edge walkway from Thoppumpady to Kamalakkadadvu (Rs.5 crore); natural history museum (Rs.50 lakh); martial arts centre (Rs.10 lakh); Kannakatt-Veliakulam tourism project (Rs.50 lakh); Nehru park (Rs.10 lakh); Mehboob park (Rs.10 lakh); and Mahakavi G Memorial (Rs.50 lakh).

Dr. Chedambath said he DPR would be completed within six months. He said a total of 28 projects (17 in the first phase) in the tourism sector have been identified in Kochi Corporation, as part of the JNNURM programme. The total project cost is Rs.152.23 crore.

The share of urban local bodies is approximately Rs.15 crore.

Proposals to be considered in the second phase include beautification of M.G. Road from Mattancherry to North Overbridge (Rs.1 crore); Padmasarovaram landscape project (Rs.15 crore); Queen of Arabian Sea project (Rs.50 crore); Subhash Park improvement (Rs.50 lakh); establishing Kerala village at Thanthonnithuruthu (Rs.6 crore); Cochin brand film fest (Rs.72 lakh); water sports centre at Chilavannur lake (Rs.10 crore); Poonthuruthy island development (Rs.50 lakh); IMAX theatre (Rs.4 crore); organising festivals and fairs, including boat races (Rs.10 lakh); and development of planetarium and science society (Rs.10 crore).

A meeting of core group members from various local bodies and technical experts representing CHED will be held from April 18 to 24 to chalk out steps regarding the successful completion of the DPR.

puppuli
Apr 11, 2008, 9:10 AM
Hi friends,

what about shwas homes aquacity project?
Have they launched the project?

Recently i read in a newspaper that shwas homes have cheated so many customers including actress navya nair by taking almost 50% of total amount even without getting the building approval.
The strange thing is that navya booked 13th floor and shwas homes doesnt have the approval to go beyond 7 floors.

I dont know what will happen to their aquacity project?

How they will be able to sell a such a huge project under this circumstances?

Builders like shwas homes are spoiling the real estate sector of kochin:(

Lets see what the court says now...

PLUS
Apr 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hi friends,

what about shwas homes aquacity project?
Have they launched the project?

Recently i read in a newspaper that shwas homes have cheated so many customers including actress navya nair by taking almost 50% of total amount even without getting the building approval.
The strange thing is that navya booked 13th floor and shwas homes doesnt have the approval to go beyond 7 floors.

I dont know what will happen to their aquacity project?

You know what... I was expecting you to say something like this... and you did.

Actually Shwas Homes has completed Phase I of Mystic Heights and fully sold out
Phase II which is under construction. See photos

http://www.shwashomes.com/uploadmain/mhp1.jpg http://www.shwashomes.com/uploadmain/mhp2.jpg

Both are 18 storeys high.

Phase III is also on sale and suddenly Corporation denied permission. It is quite
understandable that builder was caught unaware. The actress who bought had
approached court but the case was settled out of court. Did you hear that ?

All these were reported in Manorama two-three weeks back and 10 days ago.
And the construction has started. See their website please.
There was a big ad in many papers including Manorama of the launch of Aquacity
on the day of Bhoomipuja for construction.

Aquacity has already had a good prelaunch sale.

Either you did not read all these or you pretend you did not.

BTW, it will be also good to stop posting old projects from old pages of Cochin forum
here as if you were unaware of them.

Santhosh
Apr 11, 2008, 1:44 PM
All

Please dont use word like "rapidly developing IT hub"... Kochi is not even near Coimbatore or Mangalore for the IT. It is not in the top 20 IT destination also. Govt of Kerala is always against any IT development in Kerala. So forget these kind of words for Kochi or TVM.

viperpaul22
Apr 11, 2008, 5:11 PM
All

Please dont use word like "rapidly developing IT hub"... Kochi is not even near Coimbatore or Mangalore for the IT. It is not in the top 20 IT destination also. Govt of Kerala is always against any IT development in Kerala. So forget these kind of words for Kochi or TVM.

I think the Cochin forum has been defaced enough. Forumers are requested to discourage such trolling by refusing to reply to such posts. This thread is to project the development of Cochin. Yes, maybe the govt hasn't been trying to promote Cochin well, but there's a better way to express that.

puppuli
Apr 11, 2008, 5:39 PM
You know what... I was expecting you to say something like this... and you did.

Actually Shwas Homes has completed Phase I of Mystic Heights and fully sold out
Phase II which is under construction. See photos

Both are 18 storeys high.

Phase III is also on sale and suddenly Corporation denied permission. It is quite
understandable that builder was caught unaware. The actress who bought had
approached court but the case was settled out of court. Did you hear that ?

All these were reported in Manorama two-three weeks back and 10 days ago.
And the construction has started. See their website please.
There was a big ad in many papers including Manorama of the launch of Aquacity
on the day of Bhoomipuja for construction.

Aquacity has already had a good prelaunch sale.

Either you did not read all these or you pretend you did not.

BTW, it will be also good to stop posting old projects from old pages of Cochin forum
here as if you were unaware of them.

My dear,
I read the news in keralakaumudi,according to their report she booked a flat in thripunithura not in vyttila.but according to their site they have only villa project in thripunithura,right?who is wrong ther?

i was unaware about that it settled out in court,but its quite natural and expected,thats business.

BTW my dear friend i am not copying the project photos from the older pages and pasting it.

I searched on the net for a long time and found some good projects and pasted here...not like u said copy and paste.

you people have been doing a wonderful job and me too want to contribute as much i as can.

I think i reposted lagoon project only...I am a new member it happens sometimes..

Even if you cant support a new member..its ok..but dont spoil his spirit..

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 11, 2008, 11:16 PM
Latest figures from the Airports Authority of India reveal that sanity appears to be prevailing at long last in the Indian domestic market. In both December 2007 and January 2008 domestic traffic growth was less than 15% which compares with an average of 30% for the whole of 2007 and over 40% in 2006.

Among India’s busiest airports only Cochin (+39.8%) and Jaipur (+38.2%) achieved domestic growth of over 20% in January. At Coimbatore and Ahmedabad domestic traffic even fell slightly.

International traffic growth which had been running at between 15% and 20% for most of 2007 also showed signs of maturity as growth in December 2007 and January 2008 was recorded at 11.6% and 10.6% respectively. In January the two largest international airports, Mumbai and Delhi grew by just 4.9% and 6.6% respectively. Star performer in this category was Ahmedabad whose international traffic was up almost 90%.

No carrier has more than 25% of domestic market
The domestic market remains highly competitive despite recent consolidation. No single airline currently has more than 25% of the available capacity though combining Kingfisher and Air Deccan would give them 27% of the market and combining Jet Airways with its JetLite subsidiary would yield an almost 29% capacity market share.

Last month saw the opening of the new Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad while the new Bengaluru International Airport serving Bangalore is scheduled to open on 11 May.
http://cochinoverseasfundsociety.blogspot.com/2008/04/cochin-number-one-in-indias-domestic.html#links

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
Kochi, Apr 9: A three-member Ericsson team from Sweden visited the Cochin Port here to discuss the preparations for the Indian stopover of the Volvo Ocean Race here.

The team, led by Managing Director Richard Brisius, held discussions with Port Chairman N Ramachandran and officials of Kerala Tourism, official sources said.

Ericsson was sponsoring two teams in the premier offshore ocean marathon, which would have stopover at Cochin Port in December this year.

Scheduled to start at Alicante in Spain on October four, the race would cover a total of 39,325 nautical miles before finishing in July 2009 in St. Petersburg in Russia.

The other stopover ports for the race include Cape Town, Singapore, Qingdao, Rio de Janeiro, Boston, Galway, Gothenborg and Stockholm.

The seven yachts participating in the race would stay berthed here for ten days, before starting the next leg to Sentosa Island in Singapore.

--- UNI

http://visittraveltourincochinkeralaindia.blogspot.com/2008/04/ericsson-team-visits-cochin-port-to.html#links

puppuli
Apr 12, 2008, 11:11 AM
:cheers: :cheers:

Smart City work will start in October

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?articleType=Malayalam+Home&contentId=3839688&tabId=0&contentType=EDITORIAL&BV_ID=@@@

:banana: :banana:

elm07
Apr 14, 2008, 9:54 PM
http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=lmnu1&subLeft=1&autono=320124&tab=r

India's pioneer of low-cost carriers GR Gopinath is in talks with Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL), India's first privately operated airport, to set up a joint venture for dedicated cargo facilities across the country.

Sources in CIAL said these cargo facilities will be set up on a hub-and-spoke model. Nagpur or Hyderabad will act as cargo hubs and other small facilities across the country will be set up as the spokes with warehousing facilities. Several unused airstrips in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh are being considered for the smaller facilities.

"Cargo facilities are something we are definitely looking at. While Gopinath will select the land, we will handle the operations of the airport," said S Bharat, CIAL managing director.

viperpaul22
Apr 15, 2008, 5:30 AM
Kochi city to be tidied up to welcome Volvo Ocean racers

http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/15/stories/2008041552410300.htm

KMC
Apr 15, 2008, 12:49 PM
Did any one saw Unitech Project site near Forum , they are expanding the site , damn its really huge plot now.

Bhasiddd , hope you wud have noticed . I just happened to be in Kochi for a few days ,

bhasidali
Apr 16, 2008, 4:05 AM
Did any one saw Unitech Project site near Forum , they are expanding the site , damn its really huge plot now.

Bhasiddd , hope you wud have noticed . I just happened to be in Kochi for a few days ,

Yes..i noticed...expanding to back side.... its a huge plot now...:tup:

PLUS
Apr 16, 2008, 5:08 AM
HDIL is continuing with construction activities at Cybercity site. High court
on friday rejected the request to block construction activies at the site.
I guess they are carrying out the land preparation works.

abhilash
Apr 16, 2008, 5:59 AM
Yes..i noticed...expanding to back side.... its a huge plot now...:tup:

What's there Master Plan In this site?
Did they get SEZ status?
Some one kindly Update?

PLUS
Apr 16, 2008, 6:10 AM
What's there Master Plan In this site?
Did they get SEZ status?
Some one kindly Update?

I guess KMC and Bhasid are talking about Unitech's mall project at Maradu. It is awaiting
Environ clearance. It is over a million sq ft in size

bhasidali
Apr 16, 2008, 8:00 AM
Brigade Group recruiting for KOCHI project...

http://www.brigadegroup.com/aboutus/career_eng_kochi.htm

abhilash
Apr 16, 2008, 8:11 AM

What's It???
Is it a Hotel Project or Residential Township

KMC
Apr 16, 2008, 12:42 PM

This I guess is a hotel project close to Vaikom . If you look at technically, this may fall under Kottayam district . though it is less than 25 km frm Kochi , much nearer than nedumbassery by distance.
But I guess they may be branding it as Kochi project , though not sure.

KMC
Apr 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
Dewa Projects started construction at Marine drive..
I was driving from Bolghatty to Marine drive when I saw piling happening at Dewa's site . I drove past that site just to see if they have put some hoardings. But a very interesting thing caught my sight.

Guys , did any one manage to drive past DEWA''s project site towards chittoor. There is a very huge plot getting fenced right next to DEWA project site . What is this site ????? Its very huge site man.

Bhasid ??? have you noticed that , if not , pls drive pass that site , you can see a huge plot .. Its surprising that we people in cochin doesnt know whats happening around us.

PLUS
Apr 16, 2008, 1:08 PM
Dewa Projects started construction at Marine drive..
I was driving from Bolghatty to Marine drive when I saw piling happening at Dewa's site . I drove past that site just to see if they have put some hoardings. But a very interesting thing caught my sight.

Guys , did any one manage to drive past DEWA''s project site towards chittoor. There is a very huge plot getting fenced right next to DEWA project site . What is this site ????? Its very huge site man.

Bhasid ??? have you noticed that , if not , pls drive pass that site , you can see a huge plot .. Its surprising that we people in cochin doesnt know whats happening around us.

Was it their residential buildings ? Dewa's construction tender was posted here.
That was for residential buildings.

Alas, this time I did not go to Ernakulam. Else I could have taken a few photos.

Abt the other land, part of it belongs to Puravankara - a big chunk, in fact. I guess you are
referring to the land near which the road takes a sharp right turn.

KMC
Apr 16, 2008, 1:29 PM
Abt the other land, part of it belongs to Puravankara - a big chunk, in fact. I guess you are
referring to the land near which the road takes a sharp right turn.

you got it buddy , yes its Puravankara .

Its Purva Heaven

some one has updated in wikimapia.. Damn its hugeeee.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=9.997845&lon=76.274107&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2

PLUS
Apr 16, 2008, 1:43 PM
you got it buddy , yes its Puravankara .

Its Purva Heaven

some one has updated in wikimapia.. Damn its hugeeee.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=9.997845&lon=76.274107&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2

I hope the updater was sure about the name "Heaven" :P

KMC

Here is Dewa's construction tender posted earlier by me. Is it the
same thing that you have seen. Or have they started construction of
the commercial segment too ?

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8850/20080206ag007102pb1.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20080206ag007102pb1.jpg)

KMC
Apr 16, 2008, 1:58 PM
I hope the updater was sure about the name "Heaven" :P

KMC

Here is Dewa's construction tender posted earlier by me. Is it the
same thing that you have seen. Or have they started construction of
the commercial segment too ?

This will be residential , tats why its constructed towards end of the site , close to Puravankara project boundry. Its an unbeleivable rate they are quoting , above 10K , if roumours are right. But this needs verification.

So another Massive project in the pipeline . Hope this is the site which may carry Purva's 5 star hotel. what a waterfront project this is gonna be!!!

Just cant imagine hou marine drive will look once these biggies rise from the floor..

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 16, 2008, 6:12 PM
Dubai, April 16 : India's national carrier Air India is planning to increase its services between Oman's capital Muscat and Kochi in Kerala from the current thrice-a-week to daily within two months.

The airline is also planning to introduce services between Muscat and Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram soon, Abhay Pathak, regional manager for Middle East and Africa of the National Aviation Company of India (NACIL) told the Oman Tribune.

A large number of the 500,000-strong expatriate Indian community in Oman hails from Kerala.

Air India's Oman country manager Aditya Mathur, speaking at an annual agents award function in Muscat, said the airline witnessed a 51 percent increase in passenger traffic and 44 percent increase in revenues in the year 2007-2008.

He added that the airline now had 24 flights a week from Muscat to India. It had also recently begun daily non-stop flights to New Delhi with connections to all major north Indian destinations.

The airline also connects Muscat with Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Chennai.

--- IANS

http://cochinoverseasfundsociety.blogspot.com/2008/04/air-india-to-start-daily-muscat-cochin.html#links

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 16, 2008, 7:54 PM
KOCHI, Kerala: SmartCity Kochi, a self-sustained township for knowledge-based industry here, held its first meeting of the Board of Directors.

Speaking to mediapersons after the meeting, Kerala Fisheries and Registration Minister S Sarma, who is also the Chairman of SmartCity Kochi project, said the construction work of the project will start in October end.

He said four firms were short listed after calling global tenders for the master planners. Negotiations with two firms were in progress for the project, he said.

The signing of the lease agreement for an additional 11.79 acres land was not done today, he said.

Recently the Board for Approval for SEZ at the Centre had accorded SEZ status for 136 acres of land for the project. Necesary steps have already been initiated to obtain the formal SEZ status for the remaining 100 acres of land, which had accorded the SEZ status in principle by the Board.

The Board has also decided to induct Anirudha Damkey, Director of Finance TECOM Investments and Dr Ajay Kumar, Secretary, Information Technology, Department, Kerala, as Board Members of SmartCity Kochi, he said. MORE PTI TKK SmartCity Kochi, to be developed by Dubai-based SmartCity, the joint venture company promoted by TECOM Investments and Sama Dubai, in partnership with the Government of Kerala, will be one of India's largest business parks. The project has an employment generation potential of over 90,000 jobs.
http://cibercitycochinindia.blogspot.com/2008/04/smartcity-kochi-inducts-two-new-board.html#links

elm07
Apr 16, 2008, 8:18 PM
As a more private airport CIAL should make itself competitive in all aspects, hopefully these problems are only temporary ...

http://www.livemint.com/2008/04/17001452/SpiceJet-GoAir-pulling-out-of.html

Mumbai: Two low-fare carriers—SpiceJet and GoAir—are pulling out of Kerala’s Kochi airport, citing high ground-handling fees, planned repair works on the runway and non-availability of slots in Mumbai to reschedule operations, even as the airport’s operator is considering concessions on the fees.
While SpiceJet withdrew from the airport on 14 April, GoAir plans to suspend operations from May.
S. Bharat, managing director of Cochin International Airport Ltd (Cial), said the company is examining the difficulties faced by the airlines and that it may consider a special package for all carriers. He wouldn’t elaborate.
The Kochi airport, India’s first airport built by a private sector firm, is charging a ground-handling fee of Rs35,000 while international airports of Bangalore and Mumbai are charging Rs18,000 and Rs2,500, respectively, for every single flight.

abhilash
Apr 17, 2008, 3:25 AM
Govt. to go ahead with Metro Rail Project
Posted: 16 Apr 2008 06:02 AM CDT

AJ: State Law and Sports Minister M Vijaya Kumar said the state government would go ahead with the proposed Kochi Metro Rail Project, despite a demand for change in the original project. He talking to reporters, the government had asked the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, the implementing agency of the project, to review the project in the wake of the demand from a section of shop owners in the area for a change in the alignment. The DMRC had dismissed the demand on technical and financial grounds, minister said, it had no other option and would go ahead with the original proposal. The shop owners wanted the project to be realigned through Shanmugham Road rather than the M G Road...

For complete coverage, visit http://www.my-kerala.com/n/index.shtml

PLUS
Apr 17, 2008, 4:26 AM
As a more private airport CIAL should make itself competitive in all aspects, hopefully these problems are only temporary ...

http://www.livemint.com/2008/04/17001452/SpiceJet-GoAir-pulling-out-of.html

Spice jet has not withdrawn. Check the status today. Flight Status (http://www.cochin-airport.in/flightstatus/status.aspx?type=DEPARTURE&linkIdLvl2=10&linkId=10)

Ground handling is not a big issue now. Otherwise, they would have flown to
other two AAI airports of Kerala which has small fee. But they chose to fly Kochi.
The point is almost all of domestic traffic from Kerala is from Kochi.
So ground handling is not a big issue, whatever difference remains will go away in a
matter of few months when CIAL takes over ground handling from AI whose contract
ends this financial year.

Go Air has only 2 services from Cochin. Spice has 3 or 4. They are considering
temporary withdrawal not only because of runway maintainence but also for the
reason that the Aug-Dec is a lean season for them. Now that runway maintainence
period has been reduced to 4 months (with 8 hours a day) they will be back soon.
But those with more services are actually increasing their services - domestic service
has jumped by 32% in the new schedule.

As per the new schedule announced by Shriram Bharath, managing director of the airport company,
the number of flight movement stands at 451- 256 domestic and 195 international services.

This is in comparison to 346 movements – 195 in the domestic and 151 in the international sector – during
the just concluded winter schedule. http://www.hindu.com/2008/03/30/stories/2008033054690600.htm

PLUS
Apr 17, 2008, 5:00 AM
Big perspective of Sahara Grace

Just think, this is Sahara's first ever project in South India - and what a way to start - real crown for Kochi

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8303/2008041688251ti9.th.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7265/2008041688251oj3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

puppuli
Apr 17, 2008, 9:16 AM
:previous: :previous: :previous:

Mr.Plus,I think this project is posting here for the 3rd timeIt can be consider as a repost right?

Hope you wont post the bigger perspective when its available in future.

PLUS
Apr 17, 2008, 9:49 AM
This will be residential , tats why its constructed towards end of the site , close to Puravankara project boundry. Its an unbeleivable rate they are quoting , above 10K , if roumours are right. But this needs verification.

Yes, you got it right :) That is their residential project.
BTW, 10 K is high, but only a shade higher than present rates in the locality.

So another Massive project in the pipeline . Hope this is the site which may carry Purva's 5 star hotel. what a waterfront project this is gonna be!!!

Just cant imagine hou marine drive will look once these biggies rise from the floor..

That's interesting observation. You are most likely right. There are going to be
two five star business hotels in Kochi from Puravankara. Where is the other one
going to be, Edappally ?

Real estate major Purvankara has also announced plans to develop a total of five properties, two of which will be in Bangalore and Kochi each and one in Coimbatore. To be developed at a total investment of around Rs 1,000 crore, the projects will be financed through debts and internal accruals. According to its director Ashish Puravankara, it already has land banks that can be converted into properties. http://www.expresshospitality.com/20080415/management01.shtml

abhilash
Apr 17, 2008, 10:28 AM
Dubai-based Phoenix Group Global is also planning its venture into the smaller cities. Says Priti Chand, its director (PR & Communication), "Phase II of our expansion plans in India will focus on tier II cities. We are looking at developing properties in Ahmedabad, Cochin and Jaipur apart from Chennai and Hyderabad. Our research shows immense potential arising from these cities." The group, which is a multinational conglomerate promoted by investors in the Middle East, has already made its presence in the Indian hospitality sector. It currently has three properties in India under franchise agreements with Carlson Hospitality.

elm07
Apr 17, 2008, 3:53 PM
Big perspective of Sahara Grace

Just think, this is Sahara's first ever project in South India - and what a way to start - real crown for Kochi

Absolutely PLUS, this should be a signature landmark for Kakkanad to go along with all its tech zones. Cant wait for this to be complete. :tup:

elm07
Apr 17, 2008, 4:08 PM
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Kochi-Metro-likely-to-be-ready-by-2011-end/297898/

The elevated light rail Kochi Metro is scheduled to be ready for public use within three years from starting of the work. Since only 26 hectares of land is needed, (as the transport is on elevated rail structures), less than 16 acres needs to be acquired. So work on the metro rail is under way. As per the present indications, the rail is expected to be functional by end of 2011.

Not only that, Mr E Sreedharan has agreed to continue with DMRC for some more time, which is good news for Kochi metro rail.

elm07
Apr 17, 2008, 4:09 PM
Cochin Port sets record for hosting largest number of cruise ships

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Cochin_Port_sets_record_for_hosting_largest_number_of_cruise_ships/articleshow/2959004.cms

By hosting 43 cruise ships between April 2007 and March 2008, Cochin Port has set a unique record of handling the largest number of such ships in a year in India.

In 2002-03, the Port hosted 11 cruise ships and followed it up with 18 in 2003-04. In 2004-05 it was 19, while in 2005-06 it was 22. In 2006-07, 38 cruise ships arrived in the port.

Some of the world's famous and most sought after ships that called at the port included the Queen Victoria, the Crystal Symphony of Bahamas, the SeaBorn Sprit of Bahamas, the Nautica of Marshal Island, the Aurora of Hamilton and the Seven Seas Voyager of Bahamas.

Till now, over 22,000 travelers and over 10,000 crew members have visited Cochin Port. In 2006-2007, there were 16,000 travelers.

elm07
Apr 17, 2008, 4:12 PM
Jewelry Spurs Rise in Exports at Cochin SEZ

http://www.diamonds.net/news/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=21217

RAPAPORT... India's gem and jewelry products were the main catalyst for the sharp rise in exports from the Cochin Special Economic Zone (CSEZ) in the year ending March 31, 2008.

The CSEZ’s export earnings more than tripled to INR 4,652 crore ($1.16 billion) in the fiscal year 2007-08, from INR 1,037.52 ($259.54 million) the previous year.

According to local media reports, CSEZ Development Commissioner C J Mathew said gem and jewelry exports accounted for approximately 77 percent of the total at INR 3,600 ($900.56 million.)

The CSEZ, which initially emphasized areas such as rubber and rubber products exports and electronics hardware, is designed to facilitate foreign direct investment and is run by the government of India.

Santhosh
Apr 18, 2008, 3:30 AM
See this article on Kerala CM's attitude towards SEZ in Kerala.

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/mmonline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&programId=1073753761&articleType=Malayalam%20News&contentId=3861597&BV_ID=@@@

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 4:14 AM
How many SEZs kerala requires man. GoK canno simply go and give permit to all SEZ request. Most of the SEZ request are pending because of inadequate details. You must know that space is still available It parks like inforpark and technopark. Its not fully occupied. GOK is building 2 5lakhs SQFT buildings in both IT parks. Also 2 pvts IT Building are comeing up in Kochi within a yr and one tvm. Then other infrstructure projects like Smart city etc.
This forum has become virtually Anti VS forum. better we change the name of the thread..

Santhosh
Apr 18, 2008, 5:04 AM
Nothing wrong in accepting the PVT SEZ.. All other States are accepting pvt SEZ and Kerala Govt is always making Govt Buildings that will take years to complete.

PLUS
Apr 18, 2008, 5:41 AM
See this article on Kerala CM's attitude towards SEZ in Kerala.

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/mmonline.dll/portal/ep/malayalamContentView.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&programId=1073753761&articleType=Malayalam%20News&contentId=3861597&BV_ID=@@@

This is out right corruption - not "ideology". Many had raised suspicion that
there is underhand support for TECOM. While TECOMs application was forwarded
others who got formal approvals 2 years ago are blocked.

Even CIAL is not given - CIAL has more govt stake than Smart City. That
tells you that it is not "ideology" but outright nepotism behind this delay.

See, Sutherland is an IT company - who had plans for 25,000 jobs in Kochi.
Their application is also blocked !!

Santhosh
Apr 18, 2008, 5:50 AM
Our CM is blocking all the IT developments in Kochi based on the smart city project. This smart city project is like a another Govt project and its growth is very slow compared to other IT projects in other states.

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 7:04 AM
This is out right corruption - not "ideology". Many had raised suspicion that
there is underhand support for TECOM. While TECOMs application was forwarded
others who got formal approvals 2 years ago are blocked.

Even CIAL is not given - CIAL has more govt stake than Smart City. That
tells you that it is not "ideology" but outright nepotism behind this delay.

See, Sutherland is an IT company - who had plans for 25,000 jobs in Kochi.
Their application is also blocked !!

Sutherland never applied for SEZ with require land with them. They just send a notice saying that they will be develiping SEZ in 25 acres. They were planning to invest 120 crores. and do u think with 120 crores, u can give employment to 25000 people? :haha: :haha: They wanted GoK to provide the required land to them (on cheap rates). Most of the other SEZ request has not provided required details, thats Y they only got in princapal aproval suggesting them to resubmit with all the details and state govt sanctions. None of them provided any details. And for CIAL . they dont have fund for it and for funds they need to go public. Thats needs a policy from GoK as govt may loose shares and the controlling authority over the airport.

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 7:10 AM
Our CM is blocking all the IT developments in Kochi based on the smart city project. This smart city project is like a another Govt project and its growth is very slow compared to other IT projects in other states.

When VS opposed Smart City agreement, du u know what his opponents were telling? VS opposes Smart city since he is against development. Now with smart city is in pipeline (with better conditions), now the same opponents barking like maniacs. Just want to remind u that, with Ummen chandy's smart city agreements, no IT projects shud not have planned from alappey to calicut, wanted to tranfer of Infopark to Smart city etc ......just dont forget those things. Now Infopark itself is developing into separate IT park, we can see a lot of investment IT sector. U dont need convert entire kochi into SEZ to get jobs for entire keralites....

pramodusnair
Apr 18, 2008, 7:37 AM
TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!

KTM, either contribute to this forum or get lost. The forumites have right to criticize anyone whose actions are detrimental to developement of cochin. VS is one of them. fYI, KTM................Majority of the SEZ developers of India doesn't have funds/liquidity. Most of them are planning to raise money through FCCBs, ipo's, VCs,banks etc--DLf,Emaar,parsvnath included. If they were denied the right to construct sezs on these gorunds....then sezs in India won't take off even by 2020s. So cut the crap and and crawl back to the ditch you came from let us forumers "post" in peace.

PS;- VS is antidevelopment and a bloody fool and a modern day Tughlaq. May be he is better off as a talior in Akkkathethra,Palakkad. What else can we expect from a person without high school graduation.

Santhosh
Apr 18, 2008, 8:05 AM
We should block this KTM. I cannot understand how come a person who supports VS, who is always against development, browsing websites like this that are for development.

KTM BOY, please go and read some websites that are against the development of Kerala.

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 9:10 AM
TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!

KTM, either contribute to this forum or get lost. The forumites have right to criticize anyone whose actions are detrimental to developement of cochin. VS is one of them. fYI, KTM................Majority of the SEZ developers of India doesn't have funds/liquidity. Most of them are planning to raise money through FCCBs, ipo's, VCs,banks etc--DLf,Emaar,parsvnath included. If they were denied the right to construct sezs on these gorunds....then sezs in India won't take off even by 2020s. So cut the crap and and crawl back to the ditch you came from let us forumers "post" in peace.

PS;- VS is antidevelopment and a bloody fool and a modern day Tughlaq. May be he is better off as a talior in Akkkathethra,Palakkad. What else can we expect from a person without high school graduation.

If VS was anti development, how come he is real force behind smart city and metro rail projects

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 9:21 AM
We should block this KTM. I cannot understand how come a person who supports VS, who is always against development, browsing websites like this that are for development.

KTM BOY, please go and read some websites that are against the development of Kerala.

Thats what i said, this forum is an anti VS forum. Not a cochin dev thread.

ktm_boy
Apr 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
Guys, i dont want ruin this thread and i know you guys are doing wonderful job. But like to request you to keep aside political inclination within ur personal boundary. Like to add that If someone opposes the development of cochin or tvm or clt or any other city, its none other than the locals only. Now you know who opposes metro rail,ciber city etc. And you why the smart city, ICTT @ vallarpadom is delaying like anything. its only the local people(a section) who opposes these projects for personal benfits.

KMC
Apr 18, 2008, 10:33 AM
Guys, i dont want ruin this thread and i know you guys are doing wonderful job. But like to request you to keep aside political inclination within ur personal boundary. Like to add that If someone opposes the development of cochin or tvm or clt or any other city, its none other than the locals only. Now you know who opposes metro rail,ciber city etc. And you why the smart city, ICTT @ vallarpadom is delaying like anything. its only the local people(a section) who opposes these projects for personal benfits.

Let us not ruin the thread further with politics. .
Its ultimately the youth in kerala to descide whether they want to work like donkeys in other cities or rise against the political manipulators.
future seems so bleak for the next gen and will remain so ..

puppuli
Apr 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
How many SEZs kerala requires man. GoK canno simply go and give permit to all SEZ request. Most of the SEZ request are pending because of inadequate details. You must know that space is still available It parks like inforpark and technopark. Its not fully occupied. GOK is building 2 5lakhs SQFT buildings in both IT parks. Also 2 pvts IT Building are comeing up in Kochi within a yr and one tvm. Then other infrstructure projects like Smart city etc.
This forum has become virtually Anti VS forum. better we change the name of the thread..

Mr.KTM
Some of your points are absolutely wrong
Can you show me the available space in Technopark?

Last week also we had been to technopark seeking space for our company
Its fully occupied and the no of companies seeking space and land is increasing day by day

Lookk at the links for example

http://technopark.org/landr.htm

http://technopark.org/spacer.htm

Whats happening?there are this much requests and our much beloved govt is doing nothing.VS believes smartcity is enough,he still lives in the 70's.

This is not a anti VS forum,this thread belongs to the devolopment of kochin

Now you can decide who is wrong,
People like me dreaming about a better tomarrow n city or the people lives in yestedays.....

PLUS
Apr 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
Let us not ruin the thread further with politics. .
Its ultimately the youth in kerala to descide whether they want to work like donkeys in other cities or rise against the political manipulators.
future seems so bleak for the next gen and will remain so ..

This has been a beaten track. The other ministers and even CPI(M) policy
document from their recent party congress at Coimbatore has endorsed
IT SEZs. Chief minister has endorsed it
Then why are the SEZ applications not forwarded ?
Mind you, state govt has no power to approve an SEZ. It is the
BoA that gives sanction. Stae govt can only forward the application.
If there is any discrepancy in the application it will be rejected by BoA.

Sutherland already got formal approval along with Unitech and Parsvnath.
This means that their application has fulfilled all criteria !! Just the notification
is remaining - which needs state govt to forward their application. This has not
come for 2 years !! If there is any problem with the application CM must reject it.
But he does not do that also !! He plays hide-and-seek. No word about it - no
transparancy in functioning.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3853/20080418af006102036lq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Malayala Manorama today

Lets hope that there will be a positivie decision on SEZs.

PLUS
Apr 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
Rakindo township at Kochi

Rakindo is committed to invest $ five billion in India over the next five years and will on a conservative estimate build about 50 million sq ft. It has several integrated township projects in the pipeline. These include 500 plus acre project at Hosur, 1,000 acre at Gurgaon, 450 acre at Cochin, 250 acre in Trichy and 500 acre in Madurai. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Commercial/Rakindo_to_set_up_15-bn_integrated_township_in_TN/articleshow/2960723.cms

puppuli
Apr 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
Mall mania is set to get a leg-up down South, with mall developers focusing on Markets such as Kochi, Chennai, Calicut, Trivandrum and Bangalore in the next two years.

As for Kochi, while the 2.20-lakh sqft Kshitij Mall is getting ready for the fourth quarter of 2008, the 10-lakh sqft LuLu Mall is coming up for the fourth quarter of 2009. The 1.25-lakh sqft Abad Mall is being launched in the fourth quarter of 2008

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Mall-mania-raises-retail-heat-in-South-India/298299/

PLUS
Apr 19, 2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Mall-mania-raises-retail-heat-in-South-India/298299/

Numbers in this news are totally incorrect.

Kshitij (The Summit) is 450,000 sq ft with total built area of 650,000 sq ft.
Lulu has a total built-up area of 1.6 million sq ft. Abad and Grand has
about 200,000 sq ft each. Oberon set to open next month has 350,000 sq ft.

Smart City promotion launched

Kerala’s IT city promoted at Outsource World London

Thiruvananthapuram, April 18 (IANS) The proposed Rs.15-billion Smart City project at Kochi had its first marketing event at Outsource World London, a premier business trade platform, the company said here Friday. Outsource World London brought top executives, who are looking to outsource business services, face-to-face with exhibitors. The expo was held in London Wednesday and Thursday.

“Our participation served to raise awareness and interest about Smart City among local, regional and international audiences and at the same time engage stakeholders. This will further enhance credibility and awareness of Smart City locations,” a company press release said.

It added that Fareed Abdulrahman, CEO of Smart City and a board member of Smart City, Malta and Smart City, Kochi, made a presentation.

Smart City is based on the successful models of Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and Dubai Knowledge Village and provides state-of-the-art infrastructure, environment and support systems that promote the growth of knowledge-based companies.

Smart City hopes to create a global network to assist companies to tap into various markets, opportunities and talent.

Work on the project at Kochi, being built by Dubai Internet City, is to begin in October.

Smart City Kochi will offer a host of business support services as well as residential, hospitality, retail and recreational facilities. The project has an employment generation potential of over 90,000 jobs.

The project was cleared last May, nearly three years after it was first mooted. When complete, it would have 8.8 million square feet of building, of which 70 percent would be for IT and IT-enabled services.
News source (http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sci-tech/keralas-it-city-promoted-at-outsource-world-london_10039465.html)

PLUS
Apr 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
New Cochin Housing Project
Saturday April 19 2008 11:23 IST

Express News service

KOCHI: APPLE a Day properties have launched a new project, `New Cochin: The real metro.’ Spread over 54 acres of land just 20 km from Vyttila and 12 km from Aroor NH bypass,New Cochin will be a waterfront residential township that boasts of 6-m wide roads and more than 100 common amenities, including shopping centres, indoor stadium, modern security systems, health club, centralised gas supply etc.

Residential plots of 5 and 10 cents are ready for sale at Rs 5 and Rs 15 lakh respectively. In the first phase of the project, New Cochin will also feature state-of-the-art villas and studios. The second phase will have 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments. The project will be complete in the third phase with added attractions like commercial area, business centres and service apartments. http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEX20080419010148&Page=X&Title=Kochi&Topic=0&

Is this not the same project ? The name "New Cochin" township is the same as mentioned in the newspaper adv below.
It also mentions that all clearances are expected by April/May. This looks like the phase I of this mega project. Can anyone get the details ?

I'm afraid all I have with me now is my phone's cam, and its clarity isn't exactly what you call terrific. I tried photographing the text, but it appears blurred, so I just took a shot of the full section. You can see the tower mentioned clearly however.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7256/image009nx1.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image009nx1.jpg)(Click for a larger resolution)

Key highlights of the project are:
*International architecture and design
*Total plan outlay of Rs.3,500 crore.
*10,000 units (?) proposed to be constructed
*6 lane road-connectivity throughout the proposed development area of 99 acres.
*Star hotels, malls, amusement centres, multi-speciality hospitals also part of the project.
*Tower with around 99 stories, which would be the largest in South India.
*The company expects to get required clearances before December 2008, when it will officially launch the project.
*Once launched, the company expects to finish the construction within 5 years.

All the hype aside, I'm rather skeptical as to how Apple-a-day can finance such a project. Let's wait and see how it materialises...

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 19, 2008, 8:42 PM
A project wherein the private sector set up IT infrastructure in a Government-operated Special Economic Zone could be a trendsetter, say the developers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. J. Punnathara

A novel experiment at setting up IT infrastructure by the private sector in a Government-operated Special Economic Zone has proved to be a resounding success.

“Within six to seven months of completing the project, all the 3.5 lakh sq.ft area at the Muthoot Technopolis found occupancy. But what is even more heartening about the whole project is that clients who had already occupied space are clamouring for more,” Mr George Muthoot, Managing Director of Muthoot Pappachan Group, says.

The uniqueness of the project lies in the fact that it came up in the government-run multi-speciality Cochin Special Economic Zone and was the first of its kind in a government-run SEZ, he adds. The project, started in 2004, was completed in 20 months. Muthoot Technopolis today houses some of the country’s top IT majors, such as Cognizant, Sutherland and Wipro. The availability of state-of-the-art facility was a major draw for Sutherland and Cognizant to make their maiden foray into Kerala, according to Mr Muthoot.

There are tremendous advantages to setting up such infrastructure in a SEZ — the cost of construction dips by 20-30 per cent on account of the reduced taxes on common building materials such as cement and steel. And the company has passed on these cost advantage to the clients, Mr Muthoot says. Sadly, constraint of space is already blocking expansion possibilities at CEPZ.

Advantage clients

The advantages to clients arise from other avenues as well. “With around 80 engineering colleges in and around Kochi, the city is indeed a rich reservoir of entry-level talent. While the availability of mid-level and high-level talent continues to pose a challenge, we see a growing number of Keralites increasingly keen to return to the State and settle down in a fast-growing city like Kochi, which is highly cosmopolitan, well-connected nationally and internationally, and offers a great standard of living. The attrition rate here is low. In addition, by virtue of Kochi being a landing point in India for the submarine cable, connectivity is good and is a major marketing advantage for IT companies operating out of here,” Mr T.P. Vincent, Assistant Vice-President and Head of Kochi Operations of Cognizant, says.

Tapping into places offering a good talent pool and creating opportunities for broad-based and diversified growth have always been an important part of Cognizant’s growth strategy, say company sources. Because of its educational infrastructure, the availability of skilled resources, and favourable real-estate options, Kochi has become an ideal destination for IT companies looking to enhance their return on investment.

More importantly, “expanding our presence across smaller towns helps us become more inclusive and take the benefits of our growth to more people,” the sources said.

Mr Vincent adds, “We are happy with our experience in Kochi.” The response time from government officials and the support offered by the Cochin Special Economic Process Zone (CSEZ) authorities have been a big support, he says.

Muthoot Technopolis offers the best of plug-and-play facilities and a secure environment. Such infrastructural and location advantages have prompted majors such as Larsen and Toubro to set up similar facilities in Kochi, he says.

http://cibercitycochinindia.blogspot.com/2008/04/muthoot-technopolis-model-that-clicks.html#links

PLUS
Apr 20, 2008, 9:40 AM
A project wherein the private sector set up IT infrastructure in a Government-operated Special Economic Zone could be a trendsetter, say the developers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. J. Punnathara

A novel experiment at setting up IT infrastructure by the private sector in a Government-operated Special Economic Zone has proved to be a resounding success.

“Within six to seven months of completing the project, all the 3.5 lakh sq.ft area at the Muthoot Technopolis found occupancy. But what is even more heartening about the whole project is that clients who had already occupied space are clamouring for more,” Mr George Muthoot, Managing Director of Muthoot Pappachan Group, says.

The uniqueness of the project lies in the fact that it came up in the government-run multi-speciality Cochin Special Economic Zone and was the first of its kind in a government-run SEZ, he adds. The project, started in 2004, was completed in 20 months. Muthoot Technopolis today houses some of the country’s top IT majors, such as Cognizant, Sutherland and Wipro. The availability of state-of-the-art facility was a major draw for Sutherland and Cognizant to make their maiden foray into Kerala, according to Mr Muthoot.

There are tremendous advantages to setting up such infrastructure in a SEZ — the cost of construction dips by 20-30 per cent on account of the reduced taxes on common building materials such as cement and steel. And the company has passed on these cost advantage to the clients, Mr Muthoot says. Sadly, constraint of space is already blocking expansion possibilities at CEPZ.

Advantage clients

The advantages to clients arise from other avenues as well. “With around 80 engineering colleges in and around Kochi, the city is indeed a rich reservoir of entry-level talent. While the availability of mid-level and high-level talent continues to pose a challenge, we see a growing number of Keralites increasingly keen to return to the State and settle down in a fast-growing city like Kochi, which is highly cosmopolitan, well-connected nationally and internationally, and offers a great standard of living. The attrition rate here is low. In addition, by virtue of Kochi being a landing point in India for the submarine cable, connectivity is good and is a major marketing advantage for IT companies operating out of here,” Mr T.P. Vincent, Assistant Vice-President and Head of Kochi Operations of Cognizant, says.

Tapping into places offering a good talent pool and creating opportunities for broad-based and diversified growth have always been an important part of Cognizant’s growth strategy, say company sources. Because of its educational infrastructure, the availability of skilled resources, and favourable real-estate options, Kochi has become an ideal destination for IT companies looking to enhance their return on investment.

More importantly, “expanding our presence across smaller towns helps us become more inclusive and take the benefits of our growth to more people,” the sources said.

Mr Vincent adds, “We are happy with our experience in Kochi.” The response time from government officials and the support offered by the Cochin Special Economic Process Zone (CSEZ) authorities have been a big support, he says.

Muthoot Technopolis offers the best of plug-and-play facilities and a secure environment. Such infrastructural and location advantages have prompted majors such as Larsen and Toubro to set up similar facilities in Kochi, he says. http://cibercitycochinindia.blogspot.com/2008/04/muthoot-technopolis-model-that-clicks.html#links http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/iw/2008/04/20/stories/2008042050841700.htm

Cognizant has had several professionals moving to Kochi in the recent
past. The comments of Mr T.P. Vincent, Assistant Vice-President
testifies that the comments against Kochi by one Satyam executive
recently was a shameless display of cheap parochial bias against Kochi
and it is an isolated incident (in fact, the only such instance).

PLUS
Apr 20, 2008, 9:47 AM
Bahrain Air's first Indian flight is to Kochi

Bahrain Air set to launch India flights
Manama: Sat, 19 Apr 2008

Bahrain Air, Manama-based low-cost airline on Saturday announced plans to launch flights to India with Kochi as its first destination.

Bahrain's second national carrier will start its inaugural Bahrain-Kochi service on May 26. The airline will fly thrice a week - Monday, Tuesday and Friday - for the entire summer season, and then launch its daily service starting from October, said a top airline official.

----------

"Monday flights will take off at 10:40am from Bahrain airport and arrive at Cochin International Airport at 5:30pm, local time on the same day. The Tuesday and Friday flights will depart Bahrain at 7pm and arrive at Kochi in the early hours of Wednesdays and Saturdays at 02:30am," he said.

“Bahrain Air passengers to Kochi will eventually be able to fly onward to other Indian destinations with the use of a domestic airline, with whom we are in the process of finalising the code sharing arrangements,” he added.

Kochi is the largest commercial hub in the beautiful South Indian state of Kerala and is also a gateway to the other cities with the same state and others. Kochi is also renowned for special Ayurvedic spas and treatment centers.
http://www.tradearabia.com/news/TTN_142039.html

PLUS
Apr 20, 2008, 9:56 AM
Jet's single-most number of its Gulf services are from Kochi.
They had announced plans to have CIAL as their base. Has anyone noticed
Jet flights parked at CIAL ?

Jet Airways launches Kochi-Doha flight
Sunday April 20 2008 11:39 IST

ENS

NEDUMBASSERY: Jet Airways has commenced its daily direct flights from Kochi to Doha on Friday.

The Airport director ACK Nair has inaugurated the service, in the presence of Jet Airways vice-president Hariharan, general manager Ravichandar, emigration superintendent of police VG Babu and Jet Airways Kerala area manager Andrews Parakkal.

With the new launching, Doha will be the fourth destination of Jet Airways from Kochi to Gulf region. Jet Airways flight to Doha will depart from Kochi airport at 10:25 p.m..

With the commencement of these new flights, India- Gulf sector would witness large volumes of traffic. Due to the increase in passengers on these sectors, the airline had decided to connect Kochi-Doha with daily direct flights, said Jet Airways chief executive Wolfgang Prock-Schauer.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IER20080420011820&Page=R&Title=Kerala&Topic=0

puppuli
Apr 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
Cognizant has had several professionals moving to Kochi in the recent
past. The comments of Mr T.P. Vincent, Assistant Vice-President
testifies that the comments against Kochi by one Satyam executive
recently was a shameless display of cheap parochial bias against Kochi
and it is an isolated incident (in fact, the only such instance).

PLUS,
The strange thing is that after saying all these Cognizant is also in Trivandrum seeking land for their Development Centre:shrug:

PLUS
Apr 20, 2008, 10:38 AM
PLUS,
The strange thing is that after saying all these Cognizant is also in Trivandrum seeking land for their Development Centre:shrug:

Cognizant has no such plans, nor has this been reported anywhere.
That's why it is sounding strange to you probably - we call them
junk rumours.

Until you have something to substantiate, its better not to post such things,
at least not in cochin forum.

Within six to seven months of completing the project, all the 3.5 lakh sq.ft area at the Muthoot Technopolis found occupancy. But what is even more heartening about the whole project is that clients who had already occupied space are clamouring for more,”

PLUS
Apr 20, 2008, 11:15 AM
Volvo race needs 5000 hotel rooms !!

Sure that upcoming 5 and 7 star deluxe hotels will be filled in no time.
One will need at least between 30 and 40 such hotels with capacity of
250 suites in Kochi to meet the demand of the immediate future

Volvo Ocean Race: A big opportunity for business community
Sunday April 20 2008 12:03 IST

Express News Service

KOCHI: The Kochi stopover of the Volvo Ocean Race will offer a big opportunity for the business community, especially the tourism sector, said N Ramachandran, chairman of the Cochin Port.

He was making a presentation at the discussion session on `Volvo Ocean Race- Business Opportunities’ organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) on Friday.

“CEOs and other top business leaders of sponsor brands visit the stopover ports to witness the race and cheer up their team. Ericsson, one of the major sponsors of the race, alone will bring a 500- member team of corporate guests.

The corporate world will be looking to Kochi during the days of stopover. In addition to the global exposure, the race provides a platform for the business community to interact with the leaders of major brands and networking,” the chairman said.

Since the race is being held with international standards, we have to arrange all infrastructure here, he said.

“It is expected that around 5,000 hotel rooms will be needed during the days of the race. At present we don’t have this capacity. It is expected that this shortage can be filled by using houseboats and by setting up more homestays. Restaurants and eateries are another sector. http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEX20080420014210&Page=X&Title=Kochi&Topic=0&

puppuli
Apr 20, 2008, 5:53 PM
Cognizant has no such plans, nor has this been reported anywhere.
That's why it is sounding strange to you probably - we call them
junk rumours.

Until you have something to substantiate, its better not to post such things,
at least not in cochin forum.

My dear friend
I got this news from the reliable sources
More details i cant reveal now..
Its not needed tat it shuould be published by some media
This is the fact man,try to understand that
I dont want to post this anywhere,just saw a reply relating to that and just quoted
Come to reality man...

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 5:05 AM
My dear friend
I got this news from the reliable sources
More details i cant reveal now..
Its not needed tat it shuould be published by some media
This is the fact man,try to understand that
I dont want to post this anywhere,just saw a reply relating to that and just quoted
Come to reality man...

I have a more reliable friend - an executive at Cognizant - who told me that such rumours are
total nonsense. You are not the first to say such nonsense and such wishful rumours
have been posted at many forums more than a year ago, and my friend at Cognizant had rubbished
it then and there.
Now you have heard from Cognizant Assistant Vice-President Mr.T.P. Vincent about
what he thinks. You can post your nonsense anywhere else, but stop doing it here.

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 5:15 AM
Paramount adds more service to Cochin

Jet Airways is also starting daily service to Dubai and AbuDhabi soon.
This was announced during the launch of Kochi-Doha flight. Jet now has
4 international services from Kochi and 2 international services from Calicut
total of 6 from Kerala.

Paramount to operate 9 more flights in South
21 Apr, 2008, 0025 hrs IST, TNN

CHENNAI: Paramount Airways will introduce nine new daily flights. The four flights would operate between Chennai and Cochin, besides Hyderabad and Chennai routes. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Transportation/Airlines__Aviation/Paramount_to_operate_9_more_flights_in_South/articleshow/2966487.cms

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 5:18 AM
Has anybody got information on this project ?

New Cochin Housing Project
Saturday April 19 2008 11:23 IST

Express News service

KOCHI: APPLE a Day properties have launched a new project, `New Cochin: The real metro.’ Spread over 54 acres of land just 20 km from Vyttila and 12 km from Aroor NH bypass,New Cochin will be a waterfront residential township that boasts of 6-m wide roads and more than 100 common amenities, including shopping centres, indoor stadium, modern security systems, health club, centralised gas supply etc.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEX20080419010148&Page=X&Title=Kochi&Topic=0&

Is this not the same project ? The name "New Cochin" township is the same as mentioned in the newspaper adv below.
It also mentions that all clearances are expected by April/May. This looks like the phase I of this mega project. Can anyone get the details ?

I'm afraid all I have with me now is my phone's cam, and its clarity isn't exactly what you call terrific. I tried photographing the text, but it appears blurred, so I just took a shot of the full section. You can see the tower mentioned clearly however.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7256/image009nx1.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image009nx1.jpg)(Click for a larger resolution)

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 6:45 AM
Half a dozen Container freight stations and FTZs under construction
at Kochi

As Vallapadam project construction gets underway many more transnational firms
are lining up at Kochi.

From today's Mathrubhumi
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8278/contnrap2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

puppuli
Apr 21, 2008, 11:13 AM
I have a more reliable friend - an executive at Cognizant - who told me that such rumours are
total nonsense. You are not the first to say such nonsense and such wishful rumours
have been posted at many forums more than a year ago, and my friend at Cognizant had rubbished
it then and there.
Now you have heard from Cognizant Assistant Vice-President Mr.T.P. Vincent about
what he thinks. You can post your nonsense anywhere else, but stop doing it here.

I know dear You are the king here and only you have the right to post rubbish and nonsense in a bigger perspective

Just wait dear...i have nothing else to say...

Some of you people think that you only love kochin but by closing your eyes and ears

When anybody raises a point on reality...it goes like this...

Keep doing your work all d best..

Anyway i am leaving this forum,no more posts n all...

There is no difference between our politicians and you people...

Bye guys...thanx for your support(???):slob:

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 12:29 PM
CIAL's full length taxitrack and the expansion of terminals can be seen this
March 29, 2008 video. I could spot 4 functional aerobridges. Have they installed
the 5th or I just mised it ?

DeiNg4W51sg

Source : Mayank Khanna (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiNg4W51sg)

elm07
Apr 21, 2008, 3:20 PM
Jet's single-most number of its Gulf services are from Kochi.
They had announced plans to have CIAL as their base. Has anyone noticed
Jet flights parked at CIAL ?

I am curious as to what Jet means by a "base", would that be like a hub or a minor-hub? Or is it a service maintenance base? If its a hub, that would be great news for CIAL. I am hoping atleast one of the airlines would establish CIAL as a hub - domestic would be good, international would be perfect. :)

PLUS
Apr 21, 2008, 3:30 PM
I am curious what a "base" means, would that be like a hub or a minor-hub? Or is it a service maintenance base? If its a hub, that would be great news for CIAL. I am hoping atleast one of the airlines would establish CIAL as a hub - domestic would be good, international would be perfect. :)

I meant base for Gulf operation. To my understanding they station the aircrafts here.
If the maintainence is available that is also done at the base. CIAL is already constructing
the hangar and MRO.

Some of the big private airlines will base their domestic and/or international operations
in Kochi - this is certain. There are many interested now Jet, Kingfisher and Paramount have
made this public. Soon it will be clear who all will base here.

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 21, 2008, 7:38 PM
TRIPUNITHARA: THE Cochin Devaswom Board, the custodian of nearly a thousand temples, is least bothered about the assets owned by the temples.

As the mystery surrounding the missing gold makutam from Sree Poornathrayeesa temple deepens, concerned special officers like the Pandam Pathram Special Officer who is responsible for the ornaments and utensils of the temple, are still clueless about the stock of gold and silver at various temples.

The concerned officer came to know about the old makutam weighing about 500 grams of gold when the devotees asked for stocktaking of ornaments inside the strong room.

Along with movable properties, immovable properties like land and buildings have now started to disappear from the stock registers.

Several acres of land owned by various temples under the Board remain abandoned at various places in and around the city which include North Fort Gate in Tripunithura and Bypass Junction in Vyttila. The land in other prime locations remains exposed to encroachments.

On Tuesday when a team headed by the tahasildar tried to reassess the 1.89 acres of land owned by the Maradu Ayini Siva temple a clash ensued between the encroachers and the temple advisory committee members.

In several cases, temple committees played a major role in recovering the temple land from private parties and government departments.

Nearly an acre of land owned by the Poornathrayeesa temple was recovered from the illegal custody of the PWD after the timely intervention of the Sree Poornathrayeesa Seva Sangham.

The `oottupura’ owned by the Kannankulangara Siva temple was recovered from the illegal custody of the Khadi Board by Kannankulangara Thiruvathira Committee. Ernakulam Siva Kshethra Kshema Samithi was able to recover the prime land situated next to the temple where it started a traditional Kshethra Kala Peedham.

Though most of the temple committees are ready to support the Devaswam Board in recovering the land owned by several temples, the Board is reluctant to act. Though the High Court has appointed an ombudsman for a detailed study of corruption and irregularities in the Board, the ombudsman’s duty is limited to studying the matter and submitting a report. Lack of execution power has virtually made the ombudsman a helpless witness to the irregularities.
http://cochinoverseasfundsociety.blogspot.com/2008/04/encroachers-thrive-but-cochin-devaswom.html#links

PLUS
Apr 22, 2008, 5:44 AM
Silverlining on SEZs

State PSUs on comeback trail: Karim

Special Correspondent

Says 27 of the 42 public sector units have earned profit in 2007-08

KOCHI: Industries Minister Elamaram Karim has claimed that the State public sector undertakings (PSU) are on a comeback trail.

He said there were 17 private special economic zone applications pending with the government and of these, a dozen which owned their own land would be forwarded to the Centre for clearance.

Mr. Karim pointed out that the annual review of the PSUs’ performance was a great success as it enabled the government to set the goals for the future and also to create a synergy among government companies. http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/22/stories/2008042254260400.htm

PLUS
Apr 22, 2008, 6:24 AM
Paramount adds more service to Cochin

Paramount to operate 9 more flights in South
21 Apr, 2008, 0025 hrs IST, TNN

CHENNAI: Paramount Airways will introduce nine new daily flights. The four flights would operate between Chennai and Cochin, besides Hyderabad and Chennai routes. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Transportation/Airlines__Aviation/Paramount_to_operate_9_more_flights_in_South/articleshow/2966487.cms

Apart from the earlier posted Kochi-Chennai sevice Paramount has also started
Kochi-Bangalore service. Now it is clear that if Go Air suspends Kochi operation
it is not due to high-costs. Because all the airlines that operate on time gets more passengers
and increase their service to Cochin. Spice Jet has made it clear that they are definitely back
after the runway maintainence.

The runway will be closed for 10 hours every day for six months from NovemberSpiceJet Ltd’s chief financial officer Partha Sarathi Basu said the airline is withdrawing its flights in view of the airport’s closure for repairs. “Once the airport stabilizes, we will be operating out of Kochi,” he said. SpiceJet operates flights from Kochi to Mumbai and Banglore, twice a day. http://www.livemint.com/2008/04/17001452/SpiceJet-GoAir-pulling-out-of.html

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8743/20080422af006102023sy4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PLUS
Apr 22, 2008, 1:10 PM
Finally Infopark gets a CEO

For one year, requests of many top global firms who wanted space at
Infopark were left unattended. Hope things will be better now.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7751/infpwo8.jpg

One Tejomaya video
MoZR_fwbEO8

elm07
Apr 22, 2008, 7:37 PM
Kochi-Dubai flights

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/04/22/stories/2008042250910700.htm

The lucrative Dubai route could be opened for Jet Airways, its subsidiary JetLite and Air Deccan by the end of the week.

Official sources told Business Line that the request of these airlines to fly to Dubai will be taken up at the air services talks between the Government’s of Dubai and India scheduled to be held here later this week. At the moment, Air India is the only carrier which is allowed to fly to Dubai from India.

While Jet Airways has sought permission to operate 56 weekly services including a daily service from Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai by July this year, it has also sought permission to increase the frequency of the Mumbai flight to a double daily service from October next year. It also plans to start a daily flight from Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Bangalore from October next year.

The low cost airline, Air Deccan, which plans to operate 70 weekly flights to Dubai has sought permission to launch a twice-a-day flight from Mumbai from summer this year. In addition, the airline plans to operate a daily service from Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi.

The airline also plans to launch a daily flight from Chennai Goa, Mangalore, Pune during the winter schedule 2008 which traditionally runs from October till the end of March the following year.

JetLite has sought permission to operate 28 weekly flights including a daily from Jaipur, Amritsar, Hyderabad and Nagpur.

At the moment, Jet Airways is the only Indian private sector airline that has received Government permission to operate flights to the East Asia and operates regular services to Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha, Kuwait and Muscat.

PLUS
Apr 23, 2008, 7:45 AM
Maritime Univ for Kochi :cheers:

Central govt agress to set up maritime univ in Kochi

Maritime univ row blows over, 5 on govt agenda

Sat, Apr 19 01:00 AM

A DISPUTE within the ruling alliance over the location of the country's first maritime university seems to have been resolved. The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Transport and Tourism on Thursday recommended the setting up of five maritime universities and minister T.

R. Baalu has accepted the proposal in principle, government sources said.

The Left and Baalu's party DMK, had almost come to blows when he introduced the bill in March last year, to set up the university in Chennai. The Left parties, whose support is crucial for the UPA, had demanded the university be set up in Kolkata.

The bill was referred to the Standing Committee, chaired by CPM leader Sitaram Yechury. The committee recommended five universities in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Visakhapatnam and Kochi. http://in.news.yahoo.com/hindustantimes/20080419/r_t_ht_nl_general/tnl-maritime-univ-row-blows-over-5-on-go-7244580_1.html

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
AS WE look at the sheer volume of ideas in the 2020 Summit, perhaps we should consider that the Indian Government has supported an economic miracle simply by adopting two ideas — building the world's cheapest telecoms sector and backing public-private partnerships (PPPs) in aviation.

After the summit, can we, like India, identify the two or three big drivers of change and clear their path?

India took a big decision on telecommunications — realising that it could not afford the infrastructure for land lines — opting for the lowest-cost mobile telephones combined with the fastest internet in the world. In an instant, India was open for business.

The effect has already been huge, with about 8 million new mobiles sold each month, and with 300 million users.

Facing the need to help business travel and trade (and facing a growing host of overseas visitors), India realised that it could not afford to own and run its own infrastructure, so it turned to public-private partnerships (PPPs). The modernisation of the Delhi and Mumbai airports plus the new Hyderabad and Bengalooru airports are prime examples. India's first PPP airport was Cochin in the southern state of Kerala, and this has made profits since opening in 1999, with profits today at 35%.In the past year 96 million passengers flew in India — just four years ago the number was only 48 million. By 2010 there will be 145 million passenger flights a year.

Both of these were big ideas — telecoms allowed India to leap across 50 years and become a leader in the field, while aviation meant a diverse and disorganised country could come together.

Foreign investors are racing into India, with the smart money moving into new areas. Early investors went for the technology sector, but new money is also going into real estate, infrastructure, media and health care.

This is where the 2020 Summit missed one big idea — while we trade with most of the world, could we benefit from a special focus on all aspects of our relationship with India? A bank of friendship already exists and it is time to build new forms of regular business leadership dialogue — perhaps, Indians being even more sports mad than we are, held in conjunction with major sporting events.

As India has shown, building the future can come down to two or three core ideas, and one of those could be to tie our future much more closely to South Asia.
http://cochinoverseasfundsociety.blogspot.com/2008/04/indias-first-ppp-airport-was-cochin-in.html#links

PLUS
Apr 24, 2008, 5:57 AM
Pulleppady will gget completed finally

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/php/newsFrm.php?news_id=1220912&n_type=HO&category_id=3&Farc=&previous=Y

bhasidali
Apr 24, 2008, 7:30 AM
There have been an ad in manorama daily for 3-4 days, showing only an emblem saying "Worlds finest lliving spaces coming to Marine Drive, Kochi".
The ad from TBWA, leading global advertising agency....http://tbwaindia.com/

Anybody noticed....?

abhilash
Apr 24, 2008, 9:18 AM
There have been an ad in manorama daily for 3-4 days, showing only an emblem saying "Worlds finest lliving spaces coming to Marine Drive, Kochi".

Anybody noticed....?

Which Residential Project is it???
can anybody update on this??

Is it the project by Prestige Group!!!

abhilash
Apr 24, 2008, 9:20 AM
Maritime Univ for Kochi :cheers:

Central govt agress to set up maritime univ in Kochi

"]http://in.news.yahoo.com/hindustantimes/20080419/r_t_ht_nl_general/tnl-maritime-univ-row-blows-over-5-on-go-7244580_1.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Good
One More crown to Queen Of Arabian Sea

Is it Regional Centre
Or Separate university for all states

abhilash
Apr 24, 2008, 9:21 AM
Kochi-Dubai flights

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/04/22/stories/2008042250910700.htm

Did Kochi reach 500 flights per week

PLUS
Apr 24, 2008, 12:58 PM

Anybody noticed....?

In which page is it Bhasid ?

PLUS
Apr 24, 2008, 1:06 PM
Did Kochi reach 500 flights per week

It will exceed 500 by June for sure. The schedule unvieled last month had 451 flights.

After that Jet started daily Doha flights, Paramount announced two extra daily flights.
In May, Bahrain Air starts daily. Airlines like IndiGo have started new flights.
Later this year Jet is starting Dubai, Abudhabi flights and Deccan will fly Dubai, all from Kochi. So the number will easily cross 600 this year.

As per the new schedule announced by Shriram Bharath, managing director of the airport company, the number of flight movement stands at 451 - 256 domestic and 195 international services. http://www.hindu.com/2008/03/30/stories/2008033054690600.htm

PLUS
Apr 24, 2008, 2:52 PM
17 story and 15 story projects at Kakkanad

Asset e-Scape
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1538/escapetj4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Motif royal courtyard
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6023/royalcourtyardbigzz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thunderboltz
Apr 24, 2008, 5:25 PM
In which page is it Bhasid ?

It was on the last page, and has been there on the new indian express and Hindu as well. There is a logo on the page too.if someone can place it, then it would make our jobs a lot easier.

abhilash
Apr 25, 2008, 4:38 AM
It will exceed 500 by June for sure. The schedule unvieled last month had 451 flights.

After that Jet started daily Doha flights, Paramount announced two extra daily flights.
In May, Bahrain Air starts daily. Airlines like IndiGo have started new flights.
Later this year Jet is starting Dubai, Abudhabi flights and Deccan will fly Dubai, all from Kochi. So the number will easily cross 600 this year.

Great!!!
So by year end, kochi will touch 600 mark,I think only Mumbai and Delhi has..

I heard that British Airways,Air France ,Lufthansa and cathey Pacific is willing to land in kochi,but because of unavailability of radar system ,they are postponded.

Can somebody give a clear pitchure on this

abhilash
Apr 25, 2008, 4:39 AM
It was on the last page, and has been there on the new indian express and Hindu as well. There is a logo on the page too.if someone can place it, then it would make our jobs a lot easier.

I also saw this in most of the daily news paper.
What's this???

PLUS
Apr 25, 2008, 7:26 AM

helpless... I could not find it in the e-paper. Can one of you post a copy a scan ?
That aside, there isn't that much free land left at MD. So it has to be Purva, Dewa,
DLF or Prestige.

Great!!!
So by year end, kochi will touch 600 mark,I think only Mumbai and Delhi has..

I heard that British Airways,Air France ,Lufthansa and cathey Pacific is willing to land in kochi,but because of unavailability of radar system ,they are postponded.

Can somebody give a clear pitchure on this

RADAR must be installed by AAI only. CIAL can only pressurise them. I hope this is
done fast.
But immaterial of that, all the three European airlines surely will not start simultaneously.
At best two of them start first others enter after the traffic builds up.

PLUS
Apr 25, 2008, 11:44 AM
Doubts settled :)

Dewa project launches 3000 cr MD project

Dewa group to invest Rs 3,000 crore in Kerala

Kochi (PTI): Leading real estate and infrastructure development group, Dewa Group is foraying into the real estate sector in Kerala with a Rs 3,000 crore project, which includes a super luxury apartment complex.

The complex 'Dewa Royale', spread across six acres of premium property at the Marine Drive in the city, will be launched on Saturday, Group Chairman K Venugopalan Nair told reporters here on Thursday night.

The group would set new benchmarks for residential space creation in the state in terms of quality of construction and construction material, he said claiming it would be the first apartment venture in the country, which would be providing a 10 year warranty for the entire complex.

The warranty would be applicable for electrical installations, bathing systems and a slew of instruments, which includes even screws used for fixing doors and windows.

The entire project will come up in a 22.5 acres land. The first phase, being built at an estimated cost of Rs 1,500 crore, will have six towers comprising 400 apartments surrounded by four acres of landscaped garden.

This is expected to be ready by 2011, Nair said adding each apartment would be approximately priced at Rs 3.25 crore.

The project also includes a five star hotel and a convention centre.

Dewa Projects Private ltd is a venture promoted by a group of NRIs based in Kuwait. http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/006200804251421.htm

AbrahamVCherry
Apr 25, 2008, 1:01 PM
Kochi wins best Indian retailer award

CIAL has the best duty free shop

Press Trust of India / Kochi April 24, 2008

The Cochin Duty Free shop at the Nedumbassery airport has won the 'Best Indian Duty Free Retailer' for 2007-08 from among 11 international duty free shops in India.

The award, conferred by the UK-based Mars International Travel Retail (MITR), would be received at the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) asia pacific retail conference at Singapore on May 13, CIAL Managing Director S Bharat said at a function at the Cochin Duty Free yesterday.

The Cochin Duty Free shop at the Nedumbassery airport here, which accounts for 30 per cent of CIAL's annual revenue, has registered a 44 per cent growth in revenue in 2007-08, netting Rs 42 crore turnover against the previous year's Rs 32 crore, he said.

An additional 5,000 square feet of duty free shop space would be added at CIAL's new international arrival terminal getting completed soon, he said.

Many promotional schemes launched by the Duty Free had helped boost its sales, of which foreign liquor accounted for a major chunk, he added.

http://cibercitycochinindia.blogspot.com/2008/04/cochinkochi-wins-best-indian-retailer.html:cheers: :cheers: