PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta: Fairlie Poplar

trainiac
Apr 13, 2007, 7:40 PM
I work in midtown now so don't get to explore as much downtown, so I caught up a little bit today.

Over by Georgia Pacific, that weird two-story annex between it and the MARTA station (was it a florist before?) has a building permit for a restaurant. Hopefully they'll put some tables on that large, boring plaza.

Luxe is closed and space is for lease

Broad St is still going strong. Had to get a sandwich at Reubens... yum. And Walton St looks the same as ever.

Slice is doing better business than I ever saw when the space was Icon or whatever it was before that. Those Slice folks have a real knack for finding great locations.

The addition to the Gift Mart looks to be past the first story.

Up to Allen Plaza, FAB looks great! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to check out their rooftop seating area. Anybody been up there?

Fiorenza
Apr 13, 2007, 9:58 PM
I'd like to see something done about the street retail on Forsyth.

Tombstoner
Apr 13, 2007, 10:21 PM
It's a shame that Luxe closed--it was my favorite downtown restaurant. If it could have hung on until the Allen Plaza effect had really kicked in, it would have been very popular. :(

Terminus
Apr 13, 2007, 11:00 PM
It's a shame that Luxe closed--it was my favorite downtown restaurant. If it could have hung on until the Allen Plaza effect had really kicked in, it would have been very popular. :(OK

It was OK. You should check out Thrive in Centennial Tower. I really like it - it's very modern German.

Fiorenza
Apr 13, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see CAP put a bit more priority on upgrading the retail and restaurant spaces in the district.

Fiorenza
Apr 14, 2007, 5:23 AM
ADID moves into Railroad District (http://www.theweekly.com/news/2007/April/13/Railroad_District.html)

sprtsluvr8
Apr 19, 2007, 9:47 AM
I love this area...yes, there could be and will be improvements made, but it has a good mix of history, residential, grit, grace, entertainment, and architecture already. It is always a pleasure to walk Fairlie-Poplar.