PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Guys & Gals - What is this?

WonderlandPark
Jul 1, 2007, 2:51 AM
What is this place? I am passing through right now and just had to pull over and check this thing out. That is a lot of copper.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/678644814_14fc45e36b.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1064/678644832_415d44aeb1.jpg?v=0

Your skyline is also looking nicer with those two fine additions you have going up. May have to wander downtown in the AM for a short bit. Gawd it is insanely hot here.

HooverDam
Jul 1, 2007, 3:11 AM
Its University of Phoenix buildings I believe. Classrooms, offices and the like.

xymox
Jul 1, 2007, 3:11 AM
That would be the new University of Phoenix/Apollo Group corporate campus. Nice little setup they will have soon!

WonderlandPark
Jul 1, 2007, 3:17 AM
Impressive. U of Phoenix is usually found in bland suburban office buildings where I am from in California.

Locofresh55
Jul 1, 2007, 6:13 AM
Heading east on that very freeway I-10...you'll see one of those bland buildings that has U of Phoenix across the top floor. It's about 2 miles or so from there. Maybe less. I'm actually quite impressed with these buildings...I always admire them everytime I leave phoenix and head to Tucson.

HX_Guy
Jul 1, 2007, 7:27 AM
Yea it's pretty decent in design. They should have, or someone still should, build something much taller but using the same idea, it's different and has an Arizona feel.

Vicelord John
Jul 1, 2007, 8:03 AM
the prettiest buildings in phx

dbUNIT16
Jul 1, 2007, 8:38 PM
I love that building! I like how the copper edging hangs over the glass sides a bit! I'd like to see some more buildings like that.... larger... downtown. Wouldn't we all!

kevininlb
Jul 2, 2007, 1:59 PM
the prettiest buildings in phx

Totally agree. It doesn't get a lot of attention, I guess because it's not that tall, but I've been super impressed with this every time I see it. Love it.

vertex
Jul 2, 2007, 2:42 PM
If it were downtown you can bet we'd probably be talking about it a lot more. Still, a pretty high-profile building when you're heading west on I-10.

Exiled_Boulderite
Jul 2, 2007, 3:04 PM
Is that building out near Skyharbor?

roadwarrior
Jul 2, 2007, 3:20 PM
Impressive. U of Phoenix is usually found in bland suburban office buildings where I am from in California.

Yeah, but I think those are the Headquarters, not the classroom buildings. I think they are now one of the largest employers out in PHX. When I lived out there, I knew a lot of people that worked there.

vertex
Jul 2, 2007, 3:41 PM
Actually, I think they're the hq for the UofP online division.

sundevilgrad
Jul 2, 2007, 4:56 PM
I wonder if those buildings make every copper-wire-stealing crystal-meth-head salivate every time they see em?