PDA

View Full Version : Status Count

Buck
Sep 20, 2003, 9:46 PM
Thanks, Dylan! I like the new Status Count on city pages. I've been wanting to see something like this. :)

Vladneyro
Sep 20, 2003, 9:50 PM
Oh - you mean something like:
built 14
construction 10
proposed 1

Yeah - that's cool.
The only thing is - is it possible to show ALL the buildings on the city page, not just low/highrises...
For example churches don't show up...
Is it possible to have another list for building types (just like a link list for building according to their status) - All, low/highrises, churches, chimneys, towers, masts, etc. etc. etc.

Dylan Leblanc
Sep 20, 2003, 10:19 PM
Vlad, then how do we compare heights between all the different types of structures? That's the big kicker...! I still havn't figured out how to handle it.

You see, only highrises/lowrises have an "official" height, and that is how they are ordered in the building list. But if we include other types of structures in there as well, then we need to use "roof" height or "pinnacle" height. Not all structures will have a roof, so the only way we can rank all structures together is by pinnacle height.

Vladneyro
Sep 20, 2003, 11:18 PM
Oh - I wasn't aware that you used official height.
I thought it's roof or pinnacle...

All of the buildings I entered don't have an official height though - only roof and pinnacle.

But churches are usually ~100m or shorter, and they usually have height - cross/pinnacle and roof also...

Chimneys - roof height only (or do you count that as pinnacle height?). Is there a way to eqalize (or enter right away) height for chimneys as official and roof and pinnacle to the same height?

Same goes for Antennae (not the towers like CN in Toronto)

Hm, but this does sound a bit confusing...

Dylan Leblanc
Sep 20, 2003, 11:27 PM
Official height is derrived from the maximum of the spire height and roof height, for highrises and lowrises. So you never have to enter in a height as being the "official" one, the system selects the correct one.

Pinnacle height is also derrived, it is the maximum of all heights for a structure.Again, the system selects the correct height value for this one.