PDA

View Full Version : Question

Sher
Sep 26, 2003, 4:34 AM
I find out recently, drawings are so fast to be approved, but should the approver use more time to do some research before approving people's drawing? :rolleyes:

Dylan Leblanc
Sep 26, 2003, 7:15 AM
Perhaps, but we do have a lot of drawins to approve

John Hinds
Sep 26, 2003, 9:32 AM
How long do you expect us to spend doing research?:frog:

john doe
Sep 26, 2003, 9:42 AM
Intrest in drawings is dropping, and if we upping the approval time won't work wonders.

Kelvin
Sep 26, 2003, 12:57 PM
At the very least I confirm the following:

- correct format
- original work
- correct size
- correct image (sometimes the wrong file gets uploaded by the illustrator)

If the image can not meet these criteria, I delete it.

I also look for the following:

- an existing Skyscraper.com link or search it out if it exists
- potential Gallery Links
- try and confirm basic info (height, floors, years, status etc.)

When considering a new submission for primary, it must:

- be unique
- offer a new and/or improved perspective
- be dimensionally, architecturally, and structurally representative of the project.

To do all this may take 10 minutes or more, but most can be done in a minute or two.

Tony
Sep 26, 2003, 1:14 PM
Intrest in drawings is dropping, and if we upping the approval time won't work wonders.

I don't think so. We're constantly getting new illustrators. Plus the existing ones (like myself) are finding ourselves incredibly busy these days. :no:

It's back to school for many. (unlike myself)

Buck
Sep 26, 2003, 1:17 PM
perhaps sherman- you are upset that one of yours didn't get in the primary slot...

Matthew
Sep 26, 2003, 3:24 PM
I research the building requests and will sometimes post why my info is different than what is in their request. It's also a good way to get more info for the building, such as a street address or construction dates. Sometimes I may find something about the building's past that's worth sharing.