PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver 2010 opens online store

mr.x
Dec 4, 2007, 3:27 AM
http://www.vancouver2010.com/store/index.html

Vancouver 2010 launches the Olympic Store at vancouver2010.com and welcomes two new licensees

VANOC NEWS RELEASE
December 3, 2007

Vancouver, BC – The Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC) opens today the virtual doors for its new Olympic Store at www.vancouver2010.com, with hundreds of items available for purchase, including popular items featuring Miga, Sumi and Quatchi, the newly-introduced Vancouver 2010 mascots. VANOC also announced today the addition of two new licensees to its official licensing program: Northern Gifts Specialties Inc., which will supply plush Games mascots and plush Games key chains, and Elastic Path, the Vancouver 2010 Online Store provider.

“Merchandise is popular way for people to connect with the Games” said Caley Denton, VANOC vice president of ticketing and consumer marketing. “People love the convenience of shopping online. The Olympic Store at vancouver2010.com will make it easy for people to own a piece of the Games.”

“Customers to vancouver2010.com can be assured of an easy, convenient online shopping experience and a growing line of quality products that will feature the elements – namely the emblems and mascots – that are quickly becoming iconic to the Games,” said Dennis Kim, VANOC director of licensing and merchandising.

The Olympic Store offers a wide range of Vancouver 2010-inspired merchandise, from caps to pens, t-shirts, mugs and mascot plush. Accessible day and night, year-round, The Olympic Store will regularly offer special promotions and, on occasion, special offers accessible exclusively to subscribers to the Tickets and Merchandise list at vancouver2010.com.

About Elastic Path

Elastic Path, from Vancouver, BC, pioneered flexible e-commerce software that helps online retailers sell more and work less. Elastic Path's fully-integrated e-commerce platform is designed to deliver powerful features out-of-the-box and support fast, easy integration and customization. Using innovative search engine optimization (SEO) technology, comprehensive merchandising and industry-standard open components, Elastic Path's technology empowers its customers to maximize resources and quickly adapt tactics at a comfortable price. Industry-leading companies around the globe use Elastic Path for maximum control over their rapidly evolving online stores.

About Northern Gifts Specialties Inc.

Northern Gifts Specialties Inc. is a Burnaby (BC)-based company jointly owned by Northern Gifts Ltd. and Rocky Mountain Down & Feather. The company is in the business of designing, manufacturing and distributing high-quality plush products.

Through the experience and support of its parent companies, Northern Gifts Specialties Inc. has access to the talents of 45 employees, 40,000 square feet of warehouse facilities in Burnaby, a number of offshore production facilities, an in-house design and creative team as well as 20 years of experience designing and manufacturing plush products, including a number of well-known licensed plush programs.

The Company has a well-established, broad based distribution network of retailers throughout Canada, including the Hudson’s Bay Company (Hbc), airport and duty-free operators, and independently-owned retail shops.

raggedy13
Dec 4, 2007, 8:50 AM
Well, I know what I'm getting... :D

http://www.vancouver2010.com/store/renderImage.image?imageName=md/vo_gl_15shot.jpg&width=600&height=480

Distill3d
Dec 5, 2007, 6:23 PM
i think i'll stick to shopping at Zellers and The Bay for my olympic swag. this stuff is way to marked up, and one can find it at retail level for less.