PDA

View Full Version : SSP:Hamilton Fight Club

SteelTown
May 13, 2008, 1:14 PM
I decided to create a thread where everyone can let out all their steam out and rant here. With the suggestion from fastcar I decided to call this thread as flight club lol. Next thread I'll be posting a thread that pissed me right off.

SteelTown
Aug 15, 2009, 2:23 PM
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=166560&page=6

Have fun in that thread. Serious misinformation about Hamilton in that thread.

Millstone
Aug 16, 2009, 3:01 AM
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=166560&page=6

Have fun in that thread. Serious misinformation about Hamilton in that thread.

Serious misinformation mainly radiating from that "grumpy old man" guy. A lot of half-truths.

bigguy1231
Aug 16, 2009, 9:52 PM
Serious misinformation mainly radiating from that "grumpy old man" guy. A lot of half-truths.

Check back to that thread, the guy corrected himself. He now agrees Hamilton is not a bedroom community.

It's funny how people who have never been in the area, don't realize the how many independant cities there are in such close proximity to each other. I guess if your used to there being hundreds of km's between cities like out West, it's kind of hard to imagine.

highwater
Sep 17, 2009, 5:24 PM
RTH meet-up at 7pm tonight at the Pheasant Plucker on Augusta, for those who might be inclined.

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 1:29 PM
Wasn't this thread a lot bigger before?

So who's new and who's left?

SteelTown
Jan 15, 2010, 2:06 PM
It got pretty bitter, was thinking of trashing the entire thread. But I figured it could still serve a purpose.

Who's gone? Well based on this thread RTH, the dude, DC83 and MsMe. Dundasguy got banned.

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 2:11 PM
It got pretty bitter, was thinking of trashing the entire thread. But I figured it could still serve a purpose.

Who's gone? Well based on this thread RTH, the dude, DC83 and MsMe. Dundasguy got banned.

I noticed Mic67 was banned

SteelTown
Jan 15, 2010, 2:17 PM
Oh you missed a good one with mic haha. He went ape sh!t mental.

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 2:26 PM
Oh you missed a good one with mic haha. He went ape sh!t mental.

Clearly, was the thread deleted? What was the jist of the thread?

SteelTown
Jan 15, 2010, 2:31 PM
Yea it got deleted after he was banned. But I kept it up so others could read his insanity for a bit. He always gave me the creeps, I don’t want to read about some guy in his 50s or perhaps early 60s bar hopping to pick up 20 something girls.

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 2:37 PM
Yea it got deleted after he was banned. But I kept it up so others could read his insanity for a bit. He always gave me the creeps, I don’t want to read about some guy in his 50s or perhaps early 60s bar hopping to pick up 20 something girls.

ICK

matt602
Jan 15, 2010, 3:05 PM
Yah that guy was a different kind of ban entirely. He needed help or something.

I think this board has actually really gotten a lot more quiet in the last few months. Not sure why.

flar
Jan 15, 2010, 3:16 PM
^^I think it's the cycle of demoralization

Also, not much development news with the recession. And rapid transit has been discussed to death. If metrolinx ever makes an actual decision there will be a new round of debate.

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 3:21 PM
I think it's the cycle of demoralization

I felt that, plus been busy.

crhayes
Jan 15, 2010, 7:59 PM

Also, not much development news with the recession. And rapid transit has been discussed to death. If metrolinx ever makes an actual decision there will be a new round of debate.

Lol we should have already had a lot to talk about but deadlines on all kinds'a projects keep getting pushed back :(

omro
Jan 15, 2010, 8:51 PM

We need you to come back and take some new photo tours, that's how I originally came across the forum!

emge
Jan 15, 2010, 9:03 PM
That's also the reason I found this forum! (I still regularly show phototours to people from out of town... they're very eye-opening).

FairHamilton
Jan 16, 2010, 12:20 AM
Me three, for finding the forum based on Flar's photos.

holymoly
Jan 16, 2010, 1:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that's how I found the forum, too.

omro
Jan 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
Motion carried.

Flar come back to Hamilton - your fans need you!

SteelTown
Jan 21, 2010, 1:10 AM
Right now we currently have 79 viewers at once in this local section and 49 of them (all guest) are viewing the Hamilton Photos section, which is mostly all of flar's work.

flar
Jan 21, 2010, 3:31 PM
Usually there are only 30-40 people on the Hamilton local. Some other site must be linking to the photo section. My better postings are in the main photo section of SSP. I would rather people looked at those threads where there are comments from a wider audience.

btw, thanks to everyone, I'm pleased that my photos were enjoyed. I may come back to Hamilton someday, if I could find suitable employment.

SteelTown
Jan 21, 2010, 4:20 PM
Yep right now around 45 guest are viewing the Hamilton Photos section.

flar
Jan 22, 2010, 2:45 PM
There are still 60 people viewing the photo section now. I wonder what they are looking at? And where are they coming from?

Some other website must have linked to one of those threads, not necessarily mine.

SteelTown
Jan 22, 2010, 2:52 PM
Obviously someone linked to one of the photos. Perhaps you can google search using a link to search for the trail.

flar
Jan 22, 2010, 5:27 PM
Ahh, this is the thread. I noticed the number of views rising quickly:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=151765

DC1983
Apr 27, 2011, 5:06 PM
I have to admit, this forum has gotten pretty whack what w/ the departure of RTH, Flar and myself (along w/ the dissention of RealCity).. so I thought I'd bring this forum back to it's roots:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES! :)

Stay tuned! :p

SteelTown
Apr 27, 2011, 5:12 PM
Welcome back! You were missed.