PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Skyscrapers for the Fantasy List

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 1:41 AM
I don't know if any of you folks saw these movies or games, but in them there are some fictional high-rises that deserve some attention with those in the drawing department. The first movie is "Freejack," with Emilio Estevez, Anthony Hopkins, and Rene Russo. In this movie, there is a 200 story skyscraper in Battery Park City of New York in 2009 that I can't remember what it looks like cause I haven't seen the movie in 11 years. The second movie is "Super Mario Bros.: The Movie," with Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, and Dennis Hopper. The skyscrapers of fame in this movie are the "Koopa Towers," an evil version of the WTC twin towers (in fact the south tower is unfinished and looks partially destroyed). The third movie is RoboCop 3, with the big OCP Headquarters in Detroit, MI, which I can't remember what they look like either. As for video games, two games that I find plenty of fantasy skyscrapers are Grand Theft Auto 3, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Just wanted to give some suggestions on what to add to the fantasy section of the diagrams.

Gulcrapek
Oct 10, 2003, 2:34 AM
Thanks.

I've been meaning to draw Starfleet Headquarters, a ~50 story, cross braced steel wonder, but the only existing picture to my knowledge is partial.

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 3:27 AM
Gulcrapek,

If Starfleet HQ is in one of the Star Trek movies, tell me which one it is. I got the whole collection of movies on DVD, and I can look it up.

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 3:33 AM
Gulcrapek,

I just realized I don't have the authority to post attachments, so whatever movie you refer me to, I'm gonna have to give you the exact scene on the DVD and you can look it up yourself.

Buck
Oct 10, 2003, 7:34 PM
Did you know Robocop was filmed in Atlanta? :)

Gulcrapek
Oct 10, 2003, 8:32 PM
Thanks NTT, but I don't think it was in a movie.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/stmagazine/sf-comm-headquarters.jpg

The only series it was on was Voyager I think. Two or three episodes.

M. Klatt
Oct 10, 2003, 8:37 PM
i found the UFP HQ here:

http://www.foederationsdatenbank.de/fdb/ufp/paris.htm

http://www.foederationsdatenbank.de/fdb/ufp/bilder/ufp.jpg

it's in Paris!

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 8:41 PM
RoboCop was filmed in Atlanta? Boy I feel stupid. Maybe the OCP tower should be listed in Atlanta, and not Detroit. Regarding more movies, I just remembered Fifth Element with Bruce Willis, where NYC is now a mile high skyline- even the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge are on high skyscrapers.

Gulcrapek I don't watch Voyager too much, just Next Generation. By the way, Starfleet HQ is a cool building!

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 8:43 PM
Star Trek Paris and San Francisco are very cool. Too bad they didn't show any pictures of a Star Trek New York before 9/11. It would have been really cool to see the twins nearby some Federation building.

Buck
Oct 10, 2003, 8:45 PM
The Fifth Element was awesome! New York looked incredible in it!!

Red Skyscraper
Oct 10, 2003, 8:49 PM
Yes it is! Funny how George Lucas incorporated the Fifth Element skyline into the prequel Star Wars trilogy on Coruscant. As a side note, are there any skyscrapers from other planets on the diagrams- even though they would be in the fantasy category? If not, why not try adding some of the Star Wars buildings to the list?

Buck
Oct 10, 2003, 9:19 PM
They wouldn't fit in the database because they aren't on the planet.

Gulcrapek
Oct 10, 2003, 9:25 PM
There was a Voyager episode with Vodwar skyscrapers. Unfortunately, they were blown apart by falling plasma charges...

If I recall they were pretty nice too.

Jorge Cuitlahuac
Oct 11, 2003, 12:24 AM
Metropolis

Fredersen Building

http://www.hpphotos.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4e945eac-417d-59bc-46df-784a4c9bba3b&size=

I want to see the movie!

GuyedGuy
Oct 11, 2003, 12:42 AM
how about the skyscraper in 007 Nighfire which is in tokyo?

Red Skyscraper
Oct 11, 2003, 1:01 AM
Or the Datadyne building in Seattle in the N64 game Perfect Dark?

Pandemonious
Oct 11, 2003, 3:04 AM
There are lots of really tall skyscrapers in Libria(sp?) City from the movie Equilibrium.

Red Skyscraper
Oct 11, 2003, 4:21 AM
Equilibrium? Sorry, I never heard of it, sounds interesting.

caw123
Oct 11, 2003, 8:51 AM
Or the Datadyne building in Seattle in the N64 game Perfect Dark?

Wasnt that in Chicago? :???:

Red Skyscraper
Oct 11, 2003, 3:25 PM
No, you're thinking of the G5 Building. Datadyne, where the first level in the game is, is located in Seattle.

Pandemonious
Oct 11, 2003, 3:53 PM
Equilibrium is a pretty tight movie. I recommend picking up the DVD. It has Christian Bale(from Amercian Psycho, and supposedy going to play the next batman also(skeptical about that)) as the main character. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't tell you anything about it. :P

Buck
Oct 11, 2003, 5:33 PM
I have wanted to see Equilibrium, but never got around to it. I think I will...

Jarmo
Oct 12, 2003, 12:14 PM
What about a fantasy city in the database where all the fantasy buildings could be in? I mean, it's rather funny (just don't want to say stupid) that there are so many buildings in Montréal or NYC for example that don't have anything to do with the city.....
Just a thought.
But what do you guys think?

Paulius
Oct 12, 2003, 1:45 PM
What about Vice City ? :P

http://www.itavisen.no/images/pic9439.jpeg

Red Skyscraper
Oct 12, 2003, 4:46 PM
I love Vice City just as much as Liberty City! In fact, the airport and some of the buildings in Vice City are larger than those in Liberty City. Did you know that in the downtown area of Vice City, the really tall building with the searchlight on top of it at night looks like a version of the Sears Tower! I don't know how big that tower is, because I can't fly up there and I don't know any codes to get me to the top.

Paulius
Oct 12, 2003, 11:26 PM
I love Vice City just as much as Liberty City! In fact, the airport and some of the buildings in Vice City are larger than those in Liberty City. Did you know that in the downtown area of Vice City, the really tall building with the searchlight on top of it at night looks like a version of the Sears Tower! I don't know how big that tower is, because I can't fly up there and I don't know any codes to get me to the top.

There's some modification that let's you fly as high as you want.......but all of those highest skyscrapers have non-solid roof :(

Red Skyscraper
Oct 12, 2003, 11:48 PM
You said there's a mod? I only have the one for GTA 3, and I never heard that there IS a mod for Vice City. And the part with the non-solid roof, that's true for GTA 3 also, I just want to gradually fly up to the top, count floors and see how big the building is in relation to Tommy Vercetti. This has nothing to do with this thread, but can you point to a website where I can download the mod?

Paulius
Oct 13, 2003, 12:32 PM
You said there's a mod? I only have the one for GTA 3, and I never heard that there IS a mod for Vice City. And the part with the non-solid roof, that's true for GTA 3 also, I just want to gradually fly up to the top, count floors and see how big the building is in relation to Tommy Vercetti. This has nothing to do with this thread, but can you point to a website where I can download the mod?

You can find it at the temple of all gta mods - http://www.gta3.net

It's in German,but easy to understand,besize,you can always use babelfish :)

Sulley
Oct 13, 2003, 4:35 PM
Did you know Robocop was filmed in Atlanta? :)

Sorry Buck. It was filmed in Dallas :(

LOCATIONS
Locations: City Hall, Dallas, Texas, USA; Dallas Public Library, Dallas, Texas, USA; Dallas, Texas, USA; Detroit, Michigan, USA; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA; Reunion Tower, Dallas, Texas, USA
Location Managers: Brian Cowden, Craig Pointes, Diane L. Greenwalt

http://www.eofftv.com/r/rob/robocop_1987_main.htm

Buck
Oct 13, 2003, 7:36 PM
Robocop 3 was filmed in Atlanta. Robocop 2 might've been, but I'm pretty sure it was 3. It may have been both, but I know for a fact it was one of them.

Sulley
Oct 13, 2003, 7:49 PM
Oh... I forgot about II & III. :nuts: