PDA

View Full Version : SW Corner of Main and Queen

Jon Dalton
Sep 28, 2009, 5:01 AM
Sorry I meant Main and Queen. I noticed this empty lot is fenced off and there's alot of digging going on. Site remediation? I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this lot, if there is please feel free to move or delete this. I haven't seen any action there for what seems like an eternity so I couldn't be bothered to dig for an old thread that may or may not exist. Anyway, are there any rumours about this lot?

SteelTown
Sep 28, 2009, 7:27 PM
Probably use a brownfield cleanup.

Would be a great place for residential units. Mid or high rise building.

adam
Sep 28, 2009, 8:33 PM
I wonder if there would be more interest here if they could first slow down traffic along Main, maybe remove 2 lanes of highway? It needs a permanent parking lane and wider sidewalks - 2 people can just fit walking side by side. Forget about Toronto, even downtown Burlington has wider sidewalks.

Atticus
Sep 28, 2009, 8:58 PM
apparently just a rebuild of the gas station. don't know anything about the design.

emge
Sep 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
if it was just a rebuild, that's too bad -- putting a building in here to make it continous would really improve the streetwall from Hess/Main to Locke/Main

FRM
Sep 28, 2009, 11:18 PM
didn't want to start a new thread, just curious about the building being renovated on the north east corner of this intersection. Anybody know what's going in there?

SteelTown
Sep 28, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hmm forget the guy's name but you know those renovated buildings along Queen from Main? Exact same idea for the buildings facing Queen from Main.

But it looks like they have been having difficulties sand sandblasting the brick facade, think it caused some bricks to fall apart.

FRM
Sep 28, 2009, 11:26 PM
i was hoping it would be the same guys, they won awards for those renovations i believe.

So i'm guessing the building's gonna be some kinda office?