PDA

View Full Version : Beta website for OC Transpo

eemy
Oct 19, 2009, 4:28 PM
OC Transpo has a beta version of their new website up for feedback:
http://www.octranspo1.com/

Mille Sabords
Oct 20, 2009, 12:09 AM
Much better! Vastly improved over the current website.

mrarlyn
Oct 20, 2009, 3:20 PM
I'm not sure about it.

It's pretty cluttered and how much info does a person need from their site other than travel information.

Google maps does that so well and even the new OCT travel planner is rough.

Kitchissippi
Oct 20, 2009, 4:02 PM
The map is OK but I wish that when you click on the bus stop and it shows the route numbers that the numbers are also clickable to pop up the individual route maps.

bikegypsy
Oct 20, 2009, 6:41 PM
In terms of looks, it's a huge improvement. The choice of colors is a major plus and I love those shallow focus photos in the headers... they give the site this xtra visual dimension. I love the new red. A major thing for me is that they got rid of the maple leaf... no offense, but I've developped an allergy to the canadian flag... over exposure I guess. I wish they would redo the logo.

Kitchissippi
Oct 20, 2009, 8:26 PM
While I am never tired of the Canadian flag when used tastefully (not draped on buildings like in a college dorm room), I agree, it is about time OC Transpo redesigned its look. It is not a federal service, and it would be better if it was in line with the city's green and blue look.

Admiral Nelson
Nov 18, 2009, 10:44 PM
Looks like the beta website is now official. www.octranspo.com automatically redirects to www.octranspo1.com

I really like it :cool: