PDA

You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum.  For the full version follow the link below.

View Full Version : Official Mountain West NBA Thread 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SLC Projects
Oct 29, 2009, 5:20 PM
2009-2010 Season.
This is the NBA thread for any NBA talk.
Here is the link to the first thread.....http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=120350

As a Jazz fan I have to say that it only took me watching ONE game to see that our Jazz are still just same old same old.....weak, gut-less, injured and fragile. :slob: Still have NO "D" and STILL can't win games on the road. Same team, only this year it's costing more to pay these jokers. 92 Million Dollar team?....What a waste of money.
45 games, 8th seed, out in first round. :hell:

scottharding
Oct 29, 2009, 6:03 PM
You created this thread just to post that? It must really be bothering you.

That's just part of being a sports fan. You'll have up and down times. Yeah, the Jazz kinda blew it last night, but as long as we have D-Will, I'll watch the Jazz, win or lose.
Besides, Denver is a tough team. Adding Chauncey Billups last year really changed them from a team with a lot of talent but no focus to a cohesive unit. They're a good example of what the Jazz could be if they'd commit and gel.

wrendog
Oct 29, 2009, 6:47 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with the performance, but dude, it was one game. The Jazz (and every team in the NBA) are going to have worse losses than that. D-will is going to be shockingly good this year. I really hope for a Boozer trade. Jazz need to bring in an interior defender. I would trade Booz for Chris Kaman straight up.

SLC Projects
Oct 29, 2009, 7:58 PM
You created this thread just to post that? It must really be bothering you.

:previous:
Well the other NBA thread got locked up for some reason. So I created this one, otherwise I would have just posted in the other thread. And yes it does bother me that the Jazz can lead up most of the game only to choke in the end. Same old Jazz.

Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with the performance, but dude, it was one game.

Yes it was just one game into the season. But it just shows me that this is the SAME old Jazz. And that they can't win on the road.

wrendog
Oct 29, 2009, 8:04 PM
Well the other NBA thread got locked up for some reason. So I created this one, otherwise I would have just posted in the other thread. And yes it does bother me that the Jazz can lead up most of the game only to choke in the end. Same old Jazz.

Yes it was just one game into the season. But it just shows me that this is the SAME old Jazz. And that they can't win on the road.

Once again, it's one game. That one game was against one of the top teams in the league and they lost to them on the road. They are going to lose on the road, every team does. Relax and let the season play out a bit before we decide that the team is like last year and not able to win on the road.

SLC Projects
Oct 29, 2009, 8:20 PM
Once again, it's one game. That one game was against one of the top teams in the league and they lost to them on the road. They are going to lose on the road, every team does. Relax and let the season play out a bit before we decide that the team is like last year and not able to win on the road.

Just wait and see. Sure they did play a good team on the road. But this Jazz season is going to play out just like last year and the year before. I mean already there have been injuries, Boozer sucks, and the team still can't win on the road. Give me ONE good reason why you think this team is going to be any different then last year's. It's the SAME team. No improvements.
I know Jazz fans like to fantasize that their team is somehow going to be the best in the west and make it back to the finals and win it all. But come on. It's the NBA where they favor bigger cities with bigger fan base. ( LA for example. ) It's all about the money.
Sure the Jazz might have a winning record. But it will all play out the same in the end. Jazz will be awesome at home, but suck on the road. Jazz will win around 45-50 games but end up 5th or lower in the rankings. Jazz will have to start the playoffs on the road, and lose most if not all road games. Jazz will lose first or 2rd round to Lakers or Spurs. Lakers will once again make the finals. Blah,Blah,Blah.....Rinse and repeat.

TonyAnderson
Oct 29, 2009, 9:47 PM
I will say the west is very tough, especially towards the top. I think 8th seed this year could compete with any team in the east. Many of the top teams have really improved with trades / acquisitions - San Antonio with Jefferson - Lakers with Artest - Nuggets with Billups - Dallas with Marion - Even the Clippers have a really nice team when healthy.

Green Bro
Oct 29, 2009, 10:47 PM
My Blazers will win the Northwest Division! Just watch!!!! Jazz suck...

pablosan
Oct 30, 2009, 12:05 AM
Melo looked great in last night's game. Ty Lawson was definitely the x-factor last night. His energy in the 4th really sealed the deal for the nuggets. Boozer was a huge let-down though. He really wasn't much of a factor in this particular game.

blm3034L!fe
Oct 30, 2009, 12:20 AM
Oh yeah I think the Nuggets will look real good this year. a few kinks to work out but ahh WOW I see the potential. Avalanche are #1 Broncos are undefeated and the Nuggets start off 1-0 Damn what a GREAT time to be a Denver Fan!!!

There were a few celebs in the Can last night Naughty By Nature, Tech Nine, Brandon Marshall With the Denver Broncos. :tup:

Giovoni
Oct 30, 2009, 2:41 AM

That wasn't the Jazz blowing it after leading.

That game looked exactly like many of the Nuggets playoff games after they stopped blowing out New Orleans last year. The game would be close until the 4th quarter when, for a number of reasons, the opposing team would seem to wear down or would have to take key players out because of foul trouble and the Nuggets, usually Billups +/- someone else in mid to late 3rd quarter, would take over.

I didn't see anything to worry about OR get too excited about from either team's perspective. Especially with the Nuggets home record in the latter part of last season.

Last year's 2nd seed against last year's 8th seed. Who incidentally looked the same as last year too. I'm not sure waiting around for the Lakers to get tired in the Conference finals every game is going to play out any differently than last year.

And given that LA is still LA and Denver is Denver and the TV markets haven't changed places... if you think it doesn't make ANY difference to how the league/officials think (not conspiracy mind you.. just the way they think in a split second) If they even get there again, they will have the same trouble playing like last night.

The major encouraging change I saw for the Nuggets was the way Lawson played, he looked just 'faster' then everyone else at times. Hopefully he won't break 2/3's into the season.

FrancoRey
Oct 30, 2009, 7:50 AM
My Blazers will win the Northwest Division! Just watch!!!! Jazz suck...

Correction. The Nugs will win the Northwest. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, two of the teams in your sentence are 0-1 and Denver is 2-0. ALL are as a result of...Denver. :D

The season is long. Relax NBA fans! There's still roughly 80 chances for your teams to make it right.

SnyderBock
Oct 30, 2009, 8:58 AM
There used to be 82 chances. These first two games are just as important as the final two games of the regular season. How many division races go down to the final game or two of the season. A single game in the season's first week that a team let slip away, could make the difference between going to the playoffs as division champs, or going fishing. 80 games and counting, time is running out. Teams must win now!

pablosan
Oct 30, 2009, 4:08 PM
Let's see what happens.

wrendog
Oct 30, 2009, 4:08 PM
Nuggs are lookin good. Nice win last night. The Jazz should bounce back tonight with a game against the Clips.

scottharding
Oct 30, 2009, 6:37 PM
Yes, the Nuggets look good, and as the defending NW champs, the division is theirs to lose. I hope the Jazz put up a fight, and maybe steal it back.

TonyAnderson
Oct 30, 2009, 7:36 PM
The NBA season has waaay too many games. I think many teams couldn't care less the first half. The good teams can turn it on when they feel it's time.

Giovoni
Oct 30, 2009, 8:39 PM
The NBA season has waaay too many games. I think many teams couldn't care less the first half. The good teams can turn it on when they feel it's time.

It's the regular season.. at what point after walking into a dark room is it appropriate to walk back and switch the light on? After you've tripped over the coffee table and broken your leg?

FrancoRey
Oct 30, 2009, 9:33 PM
:lmao: Lawls.

TonyAnderson
Oct 30, 2009, 10:46 PM
Many teams just turn it on when they're at home. There's so many games that just beating the bad teams on the road is good enough for many. You see it all the time. You can tell the difference by watching a regular season game and a playoff game - they're VERY different. Whereas in a sport like football, which has less regular season games, the playoffs and regular season don't seem that different at all. Because every game means something.

scottharding
Oct 30, 2009, 11:07 PM
Of course the playoff games have a greater intensity, and yeah, some teams phone it in a bit before the all-star game, but those teams make an early playoff exit if they're lucky. The real contenders bring it all year. There will be peaks and valley's of course, but if you watched the Denver/Utah game, you'd have seen that Denver came out of the gate just as they left off with the Lakers. Utah matched them for three quarters too. The last two years, the seeding in the Western Conference playoffs literally came down to a single game that separated the 5th seed from the 8th seed. Every game means something in the NBA too.

MetroFanatic
Oct 31, 2009, 9:41 AM
Me using the common voice people use to sarcastically emphasize the masses --- "Oh man, the Jazz won tonight, we have faith again, we're gonna go all the way!" which is sadly how it is with Jazz fans. Boo them when they lose, love them when they win.

I stick with 'em from the first game to the last, no matter how bad they're doing, which I've been doing this since as long as I can remember. I'm 20 and I can remember the famous '97 & '98 Finals like they were yesterday. My birthday is in June, and during the '97 finals I remember having a birthday party and paying more attention to the game than my actual friends, haha!

blm3034L!fe
Oct 31, 2009, 6:17 PM
Me using the common voice people use to sarcastically emphasize the masses --- "Oh man, the Jazz won tonight, we have faith again, we're gonna go all the way!" which is sadly how it is with Jazz fans. Boo them when they lose, love them when they win.

I stick with 'em from the first game to the last, no matter how bad they're doing, which I've been doing this since as long as I can remember. I'm 20 and I can remember the famous '97 & '98 Finals like they were yesterday. My birthday is in June, and during the '97 finals I remember having a birthday party and paying more attention to the game than my actual friends, haha!

IMO That is a true fan, I am the same however I think I use constructive critizism when I know the Team "Nuggets" could have done a better job and simply blow it due to stupididty or lack of focus! Which almost happened with the Trail Blazers.

Nuggets on the Road and Kenyon, I love him but damn he started getting a little upset and loosing his cool a bit, and that can cost you big time. If the Nuggets make it all the way this year? It will be Large in part due to Carmelo Anthony! He is currently a Man on a MISSION!!! And if the rest of the team will follow suit? It's on!!! :yes: :cheers: :tup:

SLC Projects
Nov 3, 2009, 5:24 PM
Oh my hell the Jazz really suck so far this year. I can't even remember when these guys started a season with a record of 1-2.

Worst defense in the NBA!!! Pathetic!!!

:hell:

wrendog
Nov 3, 2009, 5:28 PM
Oh my hell the Jazz really suck so far this year. I can't even remember when these guys started a season with a record of 1-2.

Worst defense in the NBA!!! Pathetic!!!

:hell:

Ok.. I now give you permission to officially panic. :)

Great chance that they will start 1-4 with Dallas on the road tonight and then san antonio on Thursday.

SLC Projects
Nov 3, 2009, 5:37 PM
Ok.. I now give you permission to officially panic. :)

Great chance that they will start 1-4 with Dallas on the road tonight and then san antonio on Thursday.

LOL. Thanks for the permission. I hate to say I told you so, but so far with all the money that has been put into keeping all the Jazz players here you would think they would play like a 92 million dollar team. But so far in these first few games we have seen these guys just completely fall apart in the 4th quarter.

Yes there is a really good chance the Jazz will go 1-4 since we all know how well these guys do to a backend of a back-to-back road game, plus playing San Antonio. :slob:

I think some trades need to be made. :yes:

wrendog
Nov 3, 2009, 5:41 PM
Pssst... There is no I told you so, just so you know.. I know who this team is.

As far as the money is concerned, that doesn't concern me. I would be pissed if they spent this much to buy a championship, but the fact is, they are in this bind for this year and they will bring salary down next year. We knew they were going to pay alot for the same team as last year, but they basically needed to for one year.

SLC Projects
Nov 3, 2009, 5:46 PM
I would be pissed if they spent this much to buy a championship,

I don't think you will need to worry about that since the Miller family could pay twice as much as they are paying for them now and this team STILL wouldn't be able to win a championship. :yes:

MetroFanatic
Nov 4, 2009, 12:58 AM
I remain optimistic. Once we get Miles and Korver back, it should add a little kick. Remember two years ago when the Rockets went on a 20-something game winning streak?

wrendog
Nov 4, 2009, 3:55 AM
Shoot me now.

SLC Projects
Nov 4, 2009, 3:59 AM
Wow Jazz. :slob:

It's so awesome having a team that CHOKES in the 4th quarter every freaking game.

:hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell:

Strange Meat
Nov 4, 2009, 4:02 AM
http://www.all-nba-all-basketball.com/images/DENVER_NUGGETS_LOGO1.jpg

SLC Projects
Nov 4, 2009, 4:18 AM

MetroFanatic
Nov 4, 2009, 5:56 AM

Bandwagon fan, eh?

pablosan
Nov 4, 2009, 3:37 PM
Ther's so much season left. I'll reserve judgement until a third into the season. All I have to look upon is The Colorado Rockies (written off after one month only to go to the post-season), The Avalanche (so far one of the best teams in the NHL), The Denver Broncos (doing much better than I could have dreamed of). The bottom line is that it is still too early to evalute teams.

SLC Projects
Nov 4, 2009, 5:34 PM

Bandwagon fan, eh?

No if I was a Bandwagon fan then I would be cheering on for the Lakers or Boston. I would be wearing a Kobe Jersey like alot of fake Laker fans would. But you don't see me doing that. No I used to be a fan, but as of late last season I have giving up on the Jazz. This team is getting no where.
There's a difference between a "Bandwagon Fan" and someone who just simply had enough of cheering for a team that just gets worst and worst every year.

wrendog
Nov 4, 2009, 5:36 PM
No if I was a Bandwagon fan then I would be cheering on for the Lakers or Boston. I would be wearing a Kobe Jersey like alot of fake Laker fans would. But you don't see me doing that. No I used to be a fan, but as of late last season I have giving up on the Jazz. This team is getting no where.
There's a difference between a "Bandwagon Fan" and someone who just simply had enough of cheering for a team that just gets worst and worst every year.

He just used the wrong term. You are a fairweather fan.

SLC Projects
Nov 4, 2009, 5:45 PM
He just used the wrong term. You are a fairweather fan.

Ok I'll take that over Bandwagon Fan. :yes:
But really I just live in the real world that I know this team is NEVER going to win a Championship. I mean look at them. 1-3 now. This team is moving backwards.

In the past 4 seasons.

2006-07 season-started the season 12-1, Northwest Champs, Made it all the way to the Western Conference finals. Lost to the Spurs.

2007-08 season-Ended the season with a 54-28 record. Northwest Champs, Made it to the 2rd round. Lost to the Lakers.

2008-09 season-Started the season 5-0. Didn't win the Northwest end season as the 8th seed. Lost to first round to the Lakers.

2009-10 season- so far the Jazz are 1-3.

A team is suppose to get better year in and year out, not get worst.

SLC Projects
Nov 8, 2009, 4:59 AM
oh my god this team is hopeless. I know the Jazz suck, but this is getting really pathetic.
Somebody wake me when this season is over.
:pissed: :gaah: :tantrum: :Titanic: :maddown: :dead: :brickwall: :drowning: :mad: :koko:

TonyAnderson
Nov 8, 2009, 5:27 AM
oh my god this team is hopeless. I know the Jazz suck, but this is getting really pathetic.
Somebody wake me when this season is over.
:pissed: :gaah: :tantrum: :Titanic: :maddown: :dead: :brickwall: :drowning: :mad: :koko:

Will do.

Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 PM
The dunk by the little man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYAiHqcuRI

blm3034L!fe
Nov 17, 2009, 12:07 AM
Nuggets are looking pretty good! 7-3 not a bad start! I really like some of the new guys and what they are bringing to the table. GO NUGGETS! :cheers:

MetroFanatic
Nov 20, 2009, 4:37 AM
You peeps who expressed anger for the Jazz during their losing stint have at least got to be impressed with that win in San Antonio. It broke a 20 game losing streak on their court. It was a little trial by error, but I think the Jazz have finally got their rhythm, and they don't even have Korver, Miles, or Price.

I think the next 7 games are home games, so we'll see how that pans out.

SLC Projects
Nov 20, 2009, 5:38 PM
You peeps who expressed anger for the Jazz during their losing stint have at least got to be impressed with that win in San Antonio. It broke a 20 game losing streak on their court. It was a little trial by error, but I think the Jazz have finally got their rhythm, and they don't even have Korver, Miles, or Price.

I think the next 7 games are home games, so we'll see how that pans out.

Ok so I was impressed that they FINALLY won a game in San Antonio. Still it was pathetic that the Jazz went almost 11 years since they won a game there. Great win for sure, but now watch them lose a HOME game to a below .500 team. Knowing the Jazz they get a great road win, but then they shoot themselves in a foot by losing a home game.

Green Bro
Nov 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
My Portland Trail Blazers are looking good at 9-4. Keep it up boys! Brandon Roy for MVP!!!

Green Bro
Nov 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
http://culturemob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/portland.png

SLC Projects
Nov 21, 2009, 6:10 PM
My Portland Trail Blazers are looking good at 9-4. Keep it up boys! Brandon Roy for MVP!!!

I think I will be rooting for the Trail Blazers to win the Northwest, knowing that the Jazz can't do it. Besides I just don't want to see Denver win another one.

Green Bro
Nov 21, 2009, 6:13 PM
I think I will be rooting for the Trail Blazers to win the Northwest, knowing that the Jazz can't do it. Besides I just don't want to see Denver win another one.

Blazers are short Travis Outlaw and Nicolas batum. They are both gone for at lest another 2 months! ahh!!!

1. Blazers
2. Nuggets
3. Thunder
4. Jazz
5. Timberwolves

This is how I see the final NW Divison before playoffs.

MetroFanatic
Nov 21, 2009, 8:59 PM

I don't know Projects...

During the 2004 ALCS I was a doubting the Red Sox because I just knew the Yankees were going to eliminate them. But all of the sudden, the Sox came back when the series was 3-1 and beat the Yanks then went on to win the world series.

Since that, I've always had the attitude that "anything could happen," and that is why I remain optimistic about the Jazz. Nothing is set in stone until the season is over, and there are still 74 games left. Who knows, they could go on big win streak... the Rockets did like 30 games two seasons ago.

There is enough bad juju in my home :haha:

SLC Projects
Nov 21, 2009, 10:28 PM
I don't know Projects...

During the 2004 ALCS I was a doubting the Red Sox because I just knew the Yankees were going to eliminate them. But all of the sudden, the Sox came back when the series was 3-1 and beat the Yanks then went on to win the world series.

Since that, I've always had the attitude that "anything could happen," and that is why I remain optimistic about the Jazz. Nothing is set in stone until the season is over, and there are still 74 games left. Who knows, they could go on big win streak... the Rockets did like 30 games two seasons ago.

There is enough bad juju in my home :haha:

That's good. The Jazz are playing a little bit better then the first few games of the season. ( I'll give them that. ) However I still think they are the same old team that at the end of the season will be the same outcome. But you're right, you never know.

Green Bro
Nov 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
this goes to show how bad the Jazz franchise is how how bad the players have been for a long time now. It took Real Salt Lake 4 years to get a championship and the Jazz (spazz, j!zz) have been around since the 70's and they still have no hardware!!! haha

GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!

scottharding
Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 PM
You know, I've suspected Greenbro to be a little bit full of bullsh**. Some of the things he says... well, we all know. But I've always granted him the benefit of doubt. However, with that comment, now it's confirmed for me.

And when was the Blazers last title? 70's? And they've been a bottom feeder for the better part of this decade.

scottharding
Nov 23, 2009, 10:55 PM
Blazers are short Travis Outlaw and Nicolas batum. They are both gone for at lest another 2 months! ahh!!!

1. Blazers
2. Nuggets
3. Thunder
4. Jazz
5. Timberwolves

This is how I see the final NW Divison before playoffs.

You think the Jazz will finish behind the Thunder? Yeah right. And the Blazers aren't a shoe-in for the division title by any means. In fact, as long as we're making naive, definitive judgements based on the first ten games of the season, it looks like the Blazers have regressed some from last year. And now Outlaw goes down. That won't help.
But hey, Greenbro, if you're looking for some light reading, head over to nba.com and have yourself a read about how many think Oden was another
1st pick blunder. He can sit next to Oliwakandi and Kwame Brown on the bench of life.

Green Bro
Nov 24, 2009, 12:49 AM
A championship is a championship. It does not matter when we got it. In fact, we probably got it during one the hardest eras in the NBA.

My question is, if Johnny "school boy" Stockton and Karl "Elbows" Malone were so good, why werent they able to get at least one ring. I dont care if MJ was playing, if they were so good, they should have found a way to get a championship.

http://imgsrv.sportsradio610.com/image/kilt2/UserFiles/Image/portland-trail-blazers.jpg

Green Bro
Nov 24, 2009, 12:50 AM
UTAH JAZZ: Where winning a championship will NEVER happen.

OFFICIAL SLOGAN OF THE UTAH JAZZ (spazz, j!zz)

Green Bro
Nov 24, 2009, 12:59 AM
Ever since 2007 the Jazz have been on the decline. THIS IS A FACT.

2007- out in the Western Con. Finals (this was lucky that they even got to this point) - SPURS
2008- out the 2nd round - LAKERS
2009- out the first round - LAKERS
2010- if history is in their side, they will not make playoffs this season.

Deron Williams is the next Allen Iverson. I love how people call him an all-star when he has never been on an all-star team. Nobody on the Jazz will be on it this year as well. Nash, Billups, Paul, and Parker are all better PGs than he is. There is no way he is making all-star team as long as those four guys are all in the Western Conference.

Ever since 2007, Portland has been on the rise. THIS IS A FACT. :D

They should give Carlos Loozer ProActiv and put him on those commercials. Is he black, white or a Mexican? I cant tell... :shrug:

TonyAnderson
Nov 24, 2009, 1:02 AM
A ton of great players, in all varieties of sports, never obtained championships. It's not easy - and takes an entire team. The Jazz just happened to have their best teams ever the years of the THEE best team ever , that is, Jordan and the Bulls. (72 wins) And then the lockout.

TonyAnderson
Nov 24, 2009, 1:08 AM
Green Bro - do you think Blazers will go out first round or second this year? They usually prefer first, but perhaps they'll wait until the second round before they choke.

Green Bro
Nov 24, 2009, 1:36 AM
Green Bro - do you think Blazers will go out first round or second this year? They usually prefer first, but perhaps they'll wait until the second round before they choke.

Probably Westen Conference Finals. Last year they were the only team that DID NOT have a losing record to the Lakers. They went 2-2. We all know how the Jazz play against the Lakers, so I'll keep them out of this for your own good, Jazz fans. :cool:

Do you think the Jazz GM will ever get off his lazy a$$ and stop HIS team from declining? My guess, probably not. :haha:

The problem with all Jazz fans, the Jazz front office, the Jazz coach is that they are all still stuck in the Johnny S. and Karli Malone era and still living in the past. They Think that Deron Williams is the next savior or saver of the Jazz. Step outside of Utah and ask a knowledgeable person who knows basketball and ask them who the top 5 PGs are in the NBA, and Deron "A.I." Williams is not mentioned.

The BIGGEST problem with the Jazz organization is that they still stick to the roster that they had 5 years ago. They have trust, hope, and think that the Jazz will finally get their break and get a championship. It will never happen. Ever single off season, the Jazz stand around and do nothing while you have almost every single team making changes, trades, and (smart) extensions to improve their team. Hell, OKC, Sacramento and Minnesota are making changes to improve, and the Jazz, well they are not.

I still cannot believe the Jazz matched Portland's offer on Paul Millsap. It was called toxic for a reason. I dont see how a team (jazz) have the 2nd highest salary and yet the are a .500 team with no team leader and have no bright future, and have no intention to make serious changes.

Jazz fans and the organization think they can get rid of Boozer and get a BIG name player like maybe Richard Hamilton, Bosh or Amare. The problem with this is, NO NBA player wants to live or play in Utah. It's cold, not a lot of diversity, SLC is not a major or big city, they have no future, the Jazz team has no chemistry, you have to live with a lot of mormons, etc. This is a fact because all you Jazz fans saw what happened to Derick Fisher. He got out of Utah when he saw his oportunity, and I do not blame him at all. :jester:

MetroFanatic
Nov 24, 2009, 5:30 AM
Right, and if you play for the Blazers you'll just go to jail.

Green Bro
Nov 24, 2009, 5:44 AM
Right, and if you play for the Blazers you'll just go to jail.

Yeah they'll go to jail, since Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andre Miller, Greg Oden, Rudy Renandez, Steve Blake, Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw, Pryzbilla, Nicolas Batum are all thugs... (sarcasm)

MetroFanatic shows how much he knows...

MetroFanatic
Nov 24, 2009, 9:11 AM
Well, as a Jazz fan, all I ever do all the time is reminisce on the past... therefore, Portland Jail Blazers are all thugs.

What's that Wesley Matthews, you really don't like playing in Utah because it's small and there are Mormons everywhere? That's a shame, as a rookie you should be grateful you're even in the NBA... there are many athletes out there who really wish they were in your shoes.

Ronald-Dregan
Nov 24, 2009, 10:59 AM
[/QUOTE]They should give Carlos Loozer ProActiv and put him on those commercials. Is he black, white or a Mexican? I cant tell... :shrug: [/QUOTE]

Does it matter?

Please have some respect and dignity and respect for the forum, and yourself for that matter. The blazers are a good team no doubt but when you start to add irrelevant things to try and bring down a team it reflects on your maturity.

Utah
conf titles 2
8 Div titles
23 playoff berths

Blazers
1 champ
3 conf titles
4 div titles
27 playoff berths

Denver
6 Div titles
20 playoff berths

Id say if your looking from the standpoint of the past and history our teams are fairly even. Looking in the now I still predict a dog fight for the title. Please stop with the trolling :yes:

Green Bro
Nov 25, 2009, 4:50 PM
Like I said, Jazz are and will be 4th behind OKC, they just lost to the Thunder. Looks like my prediction will be true. :D

SLC Projects
Nov 25, 2009, 5:48 PM
Well guess who lost last night to Oklahoma at home? Yep you got it. Our pathetic Utah Spazz.

Utah Jazz=Failure.
Real Salt Lake=Championship.

scottharding
Nov 26, 2009, 1:34 AM
RSL= 8th seeded team that finished the season with a losing record.

Not so different than the Jazz, truth be told.

TonyAnderson
Nov 26, 2009, 7:22 AM
Probably Westen Conference Finals. Last year they were the only team that DID NOT have a losing record to the Lakers. They went 2-2. We all know how the Jazz play against the Lakers, so I'll keep them out of this for your own good, Jazz fans. :cool:

Do you think the Jazz GM will ever get off his lazy a$$ and stop HIS team from declining? My guess, probably not. :haha:

The problem with all Jazz fans, the Jazz front office, the Jazz coach is that they are all still stuck in the Johnny S. and Karli Malone era and still living in the past. They Think that Deron Williams is the next savior or saver of the Jazz. Step outside of Utah and ask a knowledgeable person who knows basketball and ask them who the top 5 PGs are in the NBA, and Deron "A.I." Williams is not mentioned.

The BIGGEST problem with the Jazz organization is that they still stick to the roster that they had 5 years ago. They have trust, hope, and think that the Jazz will finally get their break and get a championship. It will never happen. Ever single off season, the Jazz stand around and do nothing while you have almost every single team making changes, trades, and (smart) extensions to improve their team. Hell, OKC, Sacramento and Minnesota are making changes to improve, and the Jazz, well they are not.

I still cannot believe the Jazz matched Portland's offer on Paul Millsap. It was called toxic for a reason. I dont see how a team (jazz) have the 2nd highest salary and yet the are a .500 team with no team leader and have no bright future, and have no intention to make serious changes.

Jazz fans and the organization think they can get rid of Boozer and get a BIG name player like maybe Richard Hamilton, Bosh or Amare. The problem with this is, NO NBA player wants to live or play in Utah. It's cold, not a lot of diversity, SLC is not a major or big city, they have no future, the Jazz team has no chemistry, you have to live with a lot of mormons, etc. This is a fact because all you Jazz fans saw what happened to Derick Fisher. He got out of Utah when he saw his oportunity, and I do not blame him at all. :jester:

Not that you have any credibility with things you say, here or in real life I'd venture, but saying players don't want to play for Utah because it's cold? Man, that's one of the stupidest things you've ever said, and that's saying A LOT. How about New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. Hell, Portland is cloudy and dreary a lot of the time. I think players look at money, as well as a good organization, coach, and team, when making decisions, though obviously market size does go into it sometimes. But how is the league's biggest market doing player-wise these days?

Salt Lake is obviously a 'major' and 'big' city, or they wouldn't even have an NBA team.

Diversity? Well, Portland's second largest race (white being first) comprises 8% of their population. Salt Lake's? 21%. If Salt Lake isn't diverse I don't see how Portland is. So yeah...just...be smarter.

atlas400
Nov 26, 2009, 11:06 AM
DENVER FTW !!!! Denver > Portland > Jazz

SLC Projects
Nov 26, 2009, 4:59 PM
RSL= 8th seeded team that finished the season with a losing record.

Not so different than the Jazz, truth be told.

Only the Jazz can't win a championship no matter what seed they are. Who cares what record RSL had in the season. It just shows what a great underdog team RSL is if they go into the playoff as a 8th seed and can beat the beats teams to win the cup.
Jazz can't ever do that. It would be like them last playoffs beating the Lakers in the first round.
Truth be told that it just shows that RSL is doing something right if they can win a championship in only 5 seasons that the team has been around. How long has the Spazz been around? And what do these jokers have to show for it?

scottharding
Nov 26, 2009, 9:09 PM
What do the Jazz have to show for it? Two finals appearances, two Western Conference championships, several division titles, 20+ years of playoff appearances and winning seasons, and one of the most fiscally successful teams in the league while being one of the smallest markets.
Yeah, we haven't got a title yet, and yes, when we do it will have been a long time coming, but come on. Some poor cities like Milwaukee or Minnesota, or even big market cities like New York have waited decades for even just a playoff appearance. That's the true test of a fan.

But hey Projects, you could join the throng of tools who call themselves Lakers fans because they can't abide a challenge. Get yourself a Kobe jersey...and a Lebron and Dwight Howard jersey just in case their teams win the title this year. Then you're covered.

SLC Projects
Nov 27, 2009, 7:04 AM
What do the Jazz have to show for it? Two finals appearances, two Western Conference championships, several division titles, 20+ years of playoff appearances and winning seasons, and one of the most fiscally successful teams in the league while being one of the smallest markets.
Yeah, we haven't got a title yet, and yes, when we do it will have been a long time coming, but come on. Some poor cities like Milwaukee or Minnesota, or even big market cities like New York have waited decades for even just a playoff appearance. That's the true test of a fan.

But hey Projects, you could join the throng of tools who call themselves Lakers fans because they can't abide a challenge. Get yourself a Kobe jersey...and a Lebron and Dwight Howard jersey just in case their teams win the title this year. Then you're covered.

It would be a cold day in hell before you see me put on a Kobe Jersey. I hate Kobe. And I really hate the Lakers and LA.

Sure I have given up on the Jazz, but I'm not going to jump on the band wagon of a winning team. I try to cheer on home teams such as the Bee's, RSL, Utes, ect. But the Jazz, I'm just done with them.

Yes so the Jazz do have all that. But I bet they would trade it all in just for ONE championship.

By the way Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

scottharding
Nov 27, 2009, 11:56 PM
Fair enough, Projects.
I love the Jazz and will never give up on them, so I had to defend them. But our shared loathing of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers makes us brothers.

TonyAnderson
Nov 28, 2009, 1:16 AM
It would be a cold day in hell before you see me put on a Kobe Jersey. .

By that time he'll have changed his number 16 more times. And not for sales of course.

blm3034L!fe
Nov 28, 2009, 2:48 AM
Go Denva!!!

I am going to this Sundays game with my Manager who is from Minnesota and a Timberwolves fan! This is going to be fun to get drunk and talk trash to my manager cause his team SUCKS Monkey balls! LOL Although his Vikings are rock solid. More than I can say for my Broncos.... :D

Ilsaz
Nov 28, 2009, 10:05 PM
You never know, the Nuggets don't really seem interested in playing defense any more. Minnesota could win.

blm3034L!fe
Nov 29, 2009, 3:52 AM
:lmao:

Really? Who needs defense when the offense is killin it! And you have the Leagues #1 Scorer!!! ;)

Ilsaz
Nov 29, 2009, 4:19 AM
Um....

I love offense. Don't misunderstand. As a fan of the game of basketball, there is little more I enjoy than games like last night's crazy marathon of scoring. There was a 30 point, a 40 point and 50 point scorer. It was way fun.

But I also like seeing the home team win championships. And defense wins championships. I want to see the Nuggets and Billups bring one home.

scottharding
Nov 29, 2009, 7:54 PM
Greenbro's been banned right? Well, it's for the best, but it's a shame he's not here to have the Jazz's victory over Portland rubbed in his face.

PlanIt
Nov 30, 2009, 3:44 AM
Well, let's hope we got our one full scale meltdown out of the way for the season. That was embarrassing.

SnyderBock
Nov 30, 2009, 4:36 AM
You never know, the Nuggets don't really seem interested in playing defense any more. Minnesota could win.

The Nugget's defensive efficiency rating per 100 points scored is middle of the pack. Their offense is well into the top 10 (perhaps top 5). It's fair to say they should continue to improve both defensively and offensively as the season progresses.

They have the skill to be top 10 efficiency per 100 points in both offense and defense. They were last season and they do appear to be playing at a higher level this season.

Ilsaz
Nov 30, 2009, 6:11 PM
Yeah, the offense is No. 2 in points per game.

But the defense just isn't there.

I tried to warn you, BLM303.

I went to that game as well. Had good seats even. I kept looking over at George Karl and he was face-palming the entire game. I would too.

And: By my count this is the second embarrassing loss to a bad team, the first being to the Clippers. Funny how both started with amazing first quarters from Melo.

blm3034L!fe
Nov 30, 2009, 6:17 PM
That sucked that we lost, but it was fun! Guys night out had a good buzz and a good time.

TonyAnderson
Nov 30, 2009, 9:15 PM
Greenbro's been banned right? Well, it's for the best, but it's a shame he's not here to have the Jazz's victory over Portland rubbed in his face.

Haha. Well you can view these forums without being a registered member, so let's rub it in anyway.

SandSailor
Dec 6, 2009, 9:44 PM
Poor Portland! Oden is done for the year! Kneecap.

And Denver looked great with the win at SA.

Ilsaz
Dec 7, 2009, 1:07 AM
I think it really sucks for Portland.

They are still a good team who can do some damage. But without the young center, this keeps them from being the elite team in the west that they were poised to be.

But, yeah, go Denver. They looked good last night.

SLC Projects
Dec 7, 2009, 2:22 AM
Yay Jazz. Way to choke to the 2rd worst team in the NBA. :tup: But really deep inside I want to believe when people say "This is a different team now" but at the end of the day we just see the same old Jazz.

SnyderBock
Dec 7, 2009, 4:26 AM
Minnesota got really hungry for wins, their rookies started it figure things out and Jefferson really stepped up his play and became an on the court leader for that team. Any team that underestimates Minnesota and thinks they can take the night off, will have problems from here on out I believe.

The Nuggets are looking like they are the Wests' #2 seed so far again this season. But they are actually getting better, from where they were a good portion of last season. The Nuggets can challenge the Lakers. It would be nice if Denver could get better play from Johan Petro or upgrade him via a trade. A nice 7'+, strong post up style with above average defense is what they need. Then again, doesn't every NBA team?

Dec 7, 2009, 9:17 PM
It would be nice if Denver could get better play from Johan Petro or upgrade him via a trade. A nice 7'+, strong post up style with above average defense is what they need. Then again, doesn't every NBA team?

I've been hoping for another big for a long time now, but we never make it happen. I won't criticize the front office though, because they've been doing everything right (letting Dahtay go, replacing him with Afflalo, drafting Lawson, the Billups trade, etc). Maybe they've got a secret mid-season trade in the works.

Petro had a flight going out of DIA at the same time as me earlier this year. It's never a good thing when your 7-foot center can walk around an airport and no one gives him a second look. From what I can tell, he weighs 120 pounds, so perhaps no one could see him when he turned sideways.

TonyAnderson
Dec 7, 2009, 10:11 PM
Oden - They should have known from the start the guy was just awkward physically. He was hurt in Ohio St, and now his first two years of the NBA. When looking for a big man, look for someone phyiscally like Dwight Howard or Hakeem and less for someone like Oden, Shawn Bradley, or George Mureson.

scottharding
Dec 8, 2009, 1:59 AM
SLC Projects only comes to this thread and posts about the Jazz when they lose. They go on a four game winning streak, almost breaking the NBA record for team field goal percentage, and he says nothing. They drop a game to the T-Wolves and he's here dogging them again.
Hey, Denver dropped one to the Wolves too. Are they gonna crash and burn all season? Probably not.

SnyderBock
Dec 8, 2009, 4:16 AM
Nene is a perfect example of a big man with a strong, physical body which resists injury well. Nene actually gets wrap as being injury prone, but it's just not true. He was healthy and strong in college. As a rookie and 2nd year player, he played off the bench behind Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin and only played limited minutes (not because of injuries).

3rd season, Kenyon Martin was hurt and Nene looked ready to explode onto the scene big time. He rocked the paint in pre-season and on the season opener in like the first possession of the game, he blew out his knee. he missed the entire season. The next season, he wasn't 100% until the 2nd half and in the 1st half he had a couple hammies and things resulting from him favoring his uninjured leg. His 5th season, he was 100% again, but back on the bench again, behind a healthy Camby and Kenyon Martin. Partway into the season, they discovered testicular cancer and he missed the season. Cancer is not an injury, it's a disease.

So even though he's really only been injured once, the media pinned him as "injury prone." I don't think he is injury prone, I think he had one injury that took 18 months to fully recover from and then a fight with cancer and the recovery time after chemotherapy. he was healthy all last season and looks solid as a rock this season. His body type is very much like a Dwight Howard.

enjo13
Dec 8, 2009, 6:33 AM
He did have cancer. Does that count as an injury?

bammbammz
Dec 8, 2009, 8:30 PM
NENE' An AWSOME specimen of a big man.He is deffinantly in the same category as Dwight "superman" Howard, an retired strongman Karl "mailman" Malone......Jazz own Spurs 3-0.Spurs are getting old an it's showing.Don't know how long they'll be able to keep them together.My guess? They'll shake things up soon. Portland? Yeah they're done. Roy is good, but not good enough to get them deep into the post season. All the usual suspects will be there, JAZZ,DENVER,LAKERS,HOUSTON,DALLAS,& PHOENIX. 801BABEE...bammz

SLC Projects
Dec 8, 2009, 9:19 PM
SLC Projects only comes to this thread and posts about the Jazz when they lose. They go on a four game winning streak, almost breaking the NBA record for team field goal percentage, and he says nothing.

So what if I only comment on them losing. Sure the Jazz will win, but yet they let go of the games they should of won, like the T-wolfs. Come playoff time those loses ( Just like each year ) will comeback and bit them in the ass. Those stupid letdowns the Jazz do will once again cost them highcourt come playoff time and will put them a 5 seed or lower. Just wait and see. Get ready for the same letdown.

wrendog
Dec 8, 2009, 11:23 PM
So what if I only comment on them losing. Sure the Jazz will win, but yet they let go of the games they should of won, like the T-wolfs. Come playoff time those loses ( Just like each year ) will comeback and bit them in the ass. Those stupid letdowns the Jazz do will once again cost them highcourt come playoff time and will put them a 5 seed or lower. Just wait and see. Get ready for the same letdown.

Every team has those same losses. Jazz are what they are this year. They are not and were neve a championship team. Take it for what it's a worth: a decent team that will win 45-50 games, but that's it. That's where they are at, so lower your lofty expectations and go with it. The Jazz will get to the top again, but just not this year.

Your Boy Blue
Dec 9, 2009, 12:21 AM

This is what happens in sports at all levels, especially the professional level. Teams lose games they "should have" won, and teams win games they "should have" lost. I am not sure what criteria you are using to determine "should have" won, but you can't base everything off of a win-loss record. No team is going to play perfect ball night in and night out. Even the worst teams in the league win games. The Jazz will lose to some poor teams but they will also beat some great teams....this is the case for every team in the league. We just need the Jazz to be a little more consistent right now.

blm3034L!fe
Dec 10, 2009, 2:48 AM
I've been hoping for another big for a long time now, but we never make it happen. I won't criticize the front office though, because they've been doing everything right (letting Dahtay go, replacing him with Afflalo, drafting Lawson, the Billups trade, etc). Maybe they've got a secret mid-season trade in the works.

Petro had a flight going out of DIA at the same time as me earlier this year. It's never a good thing when your 7-foot center can walk around an airport and no one gives him a second look. From what I can tell, he weighs 120 pounds, so perhaps no one could see him when he turned sideways.

Dirk N. will be a free agent after this Season, but I don't think Denver will try and get him. However I agree Nuggs couls use a Big guy or two. Kinda like LA has with Sasquatch and Odum. But with Nene and Anderson one more big guy would work fine. but he would have to be a RUNNER! Cause that's how Denver does it! All day ery day...

SnyderBock
Dec 10, 2009, 4:21 AM
Denver's starting unit is not a running team anymore. They are capable of running, but are just slightly above middle of the pack when it comes to running the floor. The bench is the running unit. I think Denver could use a big, powerful post presence on their starting unit t play center and move Nene to starting PF and Kenyon Martin to the bench where he would be the defensive anchor and leader of the bench unit much like LaMar Oden with the Lakers.

This would give Denver a starting unit front court able to match up to the Lakers Bynum-Gasol front court and in the process, further strengthen Denver's bench, perhaps to the point they would be the NBA's most formidable bench unit.

Bench:
PG-Ty Lawson; SG-JR Smith; SF-Joey Graham; PF-Kenyon Martin; C-Chris Anderson

Starers:
PG-Chauncey Billups; SG-Aaron Afflalo; SF-Carmelo Anthony; PF-Nene; C-Poor man's Andrew Bynum (type center)

Who might fit the bill? Tyson Chandler, Chris Kaman, Andris Biedrins

SLC Projects
Dec 10, 2009, 6:03 PM
Are they gonna crash and burn all season? Probably not.

Kind of like what they did in LA last night in the 4th quarter. I know you said I only comment on this thread when the Jazz lost and well guess what?....Your heroes blow it once again so your going to hear me. I don't want to hear that LA is a championship team. I know that. This one just really pisses me off since I really, really hate the damn lakers. Really it's unhealthy how much hate I have for this team, City, everything that has to do with LA. Every time I even hear those two letters my blood pressure goes up. I don't even know why I hate them so much. But I can't stand the Fakers I can't stand Kobe, I can't stand the fans, I can't stand Phil who I don't know why he can't just retied already. What Phil isn't ten championship rings enough? I know it was a along shot for the Jazz to win there, but nothing would please me more then to see these bastards lost and fail.
But really I'm so tired of these pussies only playing three quarters and then choking. The Jazz only scored 6 points in the 4th quarter. That's pathetic. I'm sure all the damn Laker fans now are all laughing at us thinking how much Utah sucks and how weak we are. The Jazz are a embarrassment to the people who live here. How can you have faith in a team that just keep fulling apart? Why are these morons getting paid so much when they can't do shit?

scottharding
Dec 11, 2009, 3:27 AM
Yeah, it was a bad loss. The Jazz fell apart in the fourth like I've never seen. Too bad. But I still love em, and I'll be rooting for them tonight. Again, that's sports. I hate LA too. I loathe everything about them, but perhaps nothing more than how they just throw money and fame at the biggest, best, and least loyal players to bully the rest of the league. that's one thing I love about the Jazz. We're a small market team. We have little to lure players with besides good fans and a winning tradition. When we win, it's because we played together and played hard. If/when we get a championship, it won't be because we bought one, it will be because we fought for one and beat the odds.