PDA

You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum.  For the full version follow the link below.

View Full Version : 2010-2011 NHL season discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

habfanman
Apr 28, 2011, 4:27 AM
but I really can't stand Montreal :P

Really? It's so difficult to tell. Your posts are somewhat ambiguous.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 4:33 AM
I'll use my same intuitive powers to say that you are a Hab fan, man.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 4:34 AM
I didn't really care who won the game, but I really can't stand Montreal :P

I'm not arguing it *wasn't* a highstick (though it barely made contact with his helmet), the reaction was just quite late and obviously trying to sell it lol

But then you have to talk about Chara who got killed by Eller. He barely touched him but Chara went down quite easily (quite surprising considering his size).:P

Anyway we shouldn't talk about this because neither team was favored by the referees. There were some horrible calls (game 6 especially) but even Bruins-Habs fans agree, that this was the best (or one of the best) officiated series of the first round.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 4:34 AM
Probably true, though that's not a high mark to hit.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 4:41 AM
Really? It's so difficult to tell. Your posts are somewhat ambiguous.

He has an inferiority complex, don't mind him. He also sounds exactly like that idiot Bruins play by play guy who's even managed to piss off some of his own listeners.

Habanero
Apr 28, 2011, 4:50 AM
Why is this thread being overrun by bitter fans of non-playoff teams? Go away already.

Hmmm lots of posts from Hab fans, who are a non playoff team ;)

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 4:53 AM
Hmmm lots of posts from Hab fans, who are a non playoff team ;)

Nice try, but what I was trying to say doesn't really apply to me. Thanks for coming out though.

Elmira Guy
Apr 28, 2011, 5:01 AM
I'm watching the game on VERSUS, I've had about enough of Bob Cole and Glen Healy.

Watching game 3 on mute was a bit boring :P

AMEN! Glen Healy is uber annoying!

In fact, I find HNIC to be rubbish, at least compared to the past.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 5:21 AM
He has an inferiority complex, don't mind him. He also sounds exactly like that idiot Bruins play by play guy who's even managed to piss off some of his own listeners.

Sorry, I can't hear all you bitter fans of non-playoff teams who are cluttering up this thread.

habfanman
Apr 28, 2011, 5:22 AM
I'll use my same intuitive powers to say that you are a Hab fan, man.

And I'll use my intuitive powers to say that you are a Yume, sama. Whatever the fuck that is.

caltrane74
Apr 28, 2011, 5:38 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing these young guns face off against each other. Lots of potential coming up in this league. And that they are Young and Canadian makes me more proud.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 7:24 AM
Sorry, I can't hear all you bitter fans of non-playoff teams who are cluttering up this thread.
Not sure if you noticed, but Montreal is a playoff team. Getting eliminated doesn't change that. :haha:

agrant
Apr 28, 2011, 8:12 AM
:previous: Not to mention Guy Lafleur is still playing for you guys!

freeweed
Apr 28, 2011, 2:07 PM
Not sure if you noticed, but Montreal is a playoff team. Getting eliminated doesn't change that. :haha:

Yes, it does, by definition. Montreal is no longer a playoff team. They've been eliminated.

Otherwise, every team is a playoff team. Because at some point in the past, every existing team has been in the playoffs.

Now stop being a bitter non-playoff team fan.

SHOFEAR
Apr 28, 2011, 2:23 PM
sacrebleu!

What a fantastic game.

MrOilers
Apr 28, 2011, 3:01 PM
Well, the toilet seats played a good series against a very good Bruins team.

A lot of great games were played this first round (14 games decided in overtime?). We will see if the second round matches up, but it will be tough to top.

The_Architect
Apr 28, 2011, 3:51 PM
I thought it was over after the Habs won game 2 in Boston? :shrug:

Cause for sure they couldn't win 2 in a row in Montreal..

Calgarian
Apr 28, 2011, 4:14 PM
Too bad the Habs lost, I was hoping they could go deep again. That was a great series, and both teams played really well (especially Price and Thomas).

Lets go Wings! they need another cup, it's been a few years.

Surrealplaces
Apr 28, 2011, 4:23 PM
Great series win by Boston. They lost the first two games at home, and through the whole series got a grand total of only one point from Lucic, and Krejci, and didn't score one single power play goal, yet still managed to win. Chara didn't even play that well. Maybe Boston is this year's dark horse?

Surrealplaces
Apr 28, 2011, 4:31 PM

No but playing in the western conference would have changed that, they wouldn't have been be a playoff team out here.

At any rate they aren't a playoff team anymore, and I don't expect the posts from Habs fans to stop. Prediction: For the rest of the NHL season most of the posts will come from Calgary/Edmonton/Montreal fans.....all of who's teams are irrelevant.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 5:18 PM
No but playing in the western conference would have changed that, they wouldn't have been be a playoff team out here.

Or maybe they would have taken the last few games of the regular season more seriously if they didn't clinch.:P

Anyway we had 88 pts last season, 96 this season. A nice progression for sure.
People tend to forget we had the most rookies in our lineup of all 16 playoffs teams.

The #1 priority is signing Markov this summer. Markov and Subban on the PP would give serious headaches to opposing teams.:slob:
If we somehow resign the Wiz as well, we might have 3 D-men with potentially 150-180 pts. We use Gorges and Gill as our shutdown pair.:tup:

What a rocket with 2 min left in the game to save our season at that moment!!!
WVgbjlKG3Vc

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 5:20 PM
Almost as nice as this rocket.

IdiWTnMJam8

freeweed
Apr 28, 2011, 5:23 PM
I've been predicting a Boston-Vancouver final for months now, and it looks very possible so long as Boston doesn't drop the ball against Philly.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 5:24 PM
:previous:Halpern's skate deflected the puck.

EDIT: I would like to thank Calgary again... Cammy is the only player to crack the 10 pts mark in the first round.:)

http://bit.ly/kI6R0K

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 5:24 PM
Too bad he didn't fake his injury a little more respectably and stay out longer than 30 seconds, then.

Speaking of which, the league decided not to punish Ference for being skated in to by Halpern.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 5:31 PM
Better take your homer glasses off.

MncqPY2VuBs

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 5:33 PM
"The plays going the other way, I know what I'll do, circle back and try and nudge Ference instead of joining the rush."

Then he proceeds to stay down like he's dead and can't walk, only to come back to the bench and not miss a single shift.

The problem is Montreal dives so much, you can never actually be sure when they *are* hurt, which he was obviously not.

He did not even go to the "quiet room" as required by league rules, neither did Spacek, who only stayed down as long as it took to call 5 minutes.

It is quite embarrassing.
bK2EJhuHsl0

But luckily the league won't have to worry about that any more this year :P

Coldrsx
Apr 28, 2011, 5:37 PM
Hockey has become/is becoming a sport for babies and women... Maybe we should call it ringette.

mr.John
Apr 28, 2011, 5:37 PM
The #1 priority is signing Markov this summer. Markov and Subban on the PP would give serious headaches to opposing teams.
If we somehow resign the Wiz as well, we might have 3 D-men with potentially 150-180 pts. We use Gorges and Gill as our shutdown pair.

What about the useless Gomez? what are the Canadiens going to with this bozo, send him down to Hamilton (oh please make it so) ?

freeweed
Apr 28, 2011, 5:39 PM
Hockey has become/is becoming a sport for babies and women... Maybe we should call it ringette.

Hockey turned into soccer this season. This playoff has been embarrassing for so many reasons.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 5:44 PM
What about the useless Gomez? what are the Canadiens going to with this bozo, send him down to Hamilton (oh please make it so) ?

I don't even know if he's good enough for Hamilton.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 5:46 PM
At least you're only paying him $7.4 million for 3 more years :P

SHOFEAR
Apr 28, 2011, 6:48 PM
Between guys like this and greasy ole chants I sometimes think im watching a bunch of greasy eurotrash dodge firecrackers and argue over whose mom bringing the oranges.

PNw8ZZT8tOU

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 7:03 PM
Even after we're eliminated, the entire focus of the thread is on Montreal. Cmon guys, I know we're important, but get over yourselves already.:haha:

MrOilers
Apr 28, 2011, 7:03 PM
Better take your homer glasses off.

MncqPY2VuBs

CALL 911! CALL 911! I want a suspension!

Ference threw an elbow at no one.

Halpern skated directly into Ference and fell over, then MIRACULOUSLY and HEROICALLY returned a few minutes later. Yeah, Ference could of tried to get out of the way of the guy going right into him, but why? Players are entitled to their own space and are under no obligation to get out of the way of someone not looking where they were going.

So to hell with Jeff Halpern and the rest of his diving team.

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 7:13 PM
If your all going to post diving videos...

iVCryntZm7I

bZHPvTBmFdg

Zy0Z-xkIS3U

b2dv7PNKtek

f2Z26OYcR68

kASm9MQVihg

xHbe6s_CMAE

ho1jFY68Dpw

QMOgpRzepP8

:haha::haha::haha: I think I'll start calling all 30 NHL teams divers.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 7:18 PM
What is the point of flooding this thread with videos. Anyone with a fucking brain realizes that every single team has players that embellish/dive. Even the biggest and baddest motherfucker in the nhl took a disgusting dive yesterday. If you haven't clued in who im talking about, its Chara. You know, yume samas fuck buddy.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 7:29 PM
WVgbjlKG3Vc

What a shot. This guy is gonna be a freakin beast. I love how he mocked the moronic crowd after the goal. I hope he gets an invite from team canada to play in the world cup. I know Cammalleri has declined the invitation while AK and Pleks are going.

MrOilers
Apr 28, 2011, 7:34 PM
To be honest, I never paid any attention to Subban (or the Toilet Seats) at all this year until this playoff series. Now I don't like the Bruins either, but I think Subban is an annoying, mouthy asshole who looks for any chance he has to throw a dirty hit. And he's not even a hard-nosed player who can take his lumps, either. Nope. After Subban slew-foots someone, he buggers off and dives in front of the refs, hoping to draw penalties. He has a hell of a shot, though.

The Oilers could use a guy like him, actually.

freeweed
Apr 28, 2011, 7:36 PM
Guys, let's at least pretend to be civil here. We're not in grade 4.

And yeah, just put a link to youtube.com if we need to see the entire video history of the NHL.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 7:44 PM
its Chara. You know, yume samas fuck buddy.

I'll let that go since I know you're just a slightly bitter fan of a non-playoff team.

The_Architect
Apr 28, 2011, 7:44 PM
What a shot. This guy is gonna be a freakin beast. I love how he mocked the moronic crowd after the goal. I hope he gets an invite from team canada to play in the world cup. I know Cammalleri has declined the invitation while AK and Pleks are going.

Habs fans calling Bruins fans "moronic".. :haha:

Oh the irony.

Both of them are idiots. Between the "Ole Ole" and "USA USA", they have the 2 most stupid chants in the league.

Calgarian
Apr 28, 2011, 7:45 PM
Jeff Halpern skated right into Ference, he would have gone down even without the shoulder Ference gave him. PLayers need to keep their head up when they are skating around, don't admire a pass, it's dangerous!

The_Architect
Apr 28, 2011, 7:47 PM
Jeff Halpern skated right into Ference, he would have gone down even without the shoulder Ference gave him. PLayers need to keep their head up when they are skating around, don't admire a pass, it's dangerous!

Absolutely..

This is the exact same as Crosby skating into Steckel, except Ference wasn't skating forward, and Halpern didn't get a concussion (just acted like he did).

People need to keep their heads up. You think they'd be skating around like that if Scott Stevens was still in the league?
Then again, with the pussification of the NHL, Stevens would probably be a "repeat offender".

Urban_Genius
Apr 28, 2011, 7:56 PM
Absolutely..

This is the exact same as Crosby skating into Steckel, except Ference wasn't skating forward, and Halpern didn't get a concussion (just acted like he did).

People need to keep their heads up. You think they'd be skating around like that if Scott Stevens was still in the league?
Then again, with the pussification of the NHL, Stevens would probably be a "repeat offender".

100% this. We are witnessing the bastardization of hockey. I'm all for safety of players, but we don't need all this whining after every single game. Every damn game, we have to talk about whether or not there will be a disciplinary hearing.

Halpern is 100 at fault. You skate like that, expect contact. Now I'm not oblivious enough to think Ference didn't see him, but that play happens all the time. Just because it's your team, doesn't mean you can't take off the rose coloured glasses, put down the kool aid and stop being a homer.

Yume-sama
Apr 28, 2011, 8:00 PM
It happens every game, but, the one on the "receiving" end doesn't flop and play dead for 5 minutes, then pretend he can't skate to the bench.

To come back the very next shift.

But having the OT goal go off your skate is good karma. :P

Anyways... tonights game should be good! I expect the Canucks to handle the Predators a little too easily. On to round 3.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 28, 2011, 9:04 PM
I'll let that go since I know you're just a slightly bitter fan of a non-playoff team.

I think I coined a meme. :haha:

artvandelay
Apr 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
No surprise that most of those diving videos feature the Canucks, they've made it an art form.:D
Anyways looking forward to the game tonight, I'm going with Preds in six. Look for Barry Trotz to out-coach AV in this one, and Shea Weber is a beast!

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
Anyone feel free to post second round predictions.

WAS-TB: WAS IN 6
PHI-BOS: PHI IN 6

VAN-NAS: NAS IN 6 (I hope I'm wrong but the Canucks have left way too much energy)
DET-SJ: DET IN 7

Nicko999
Apr 28, 2011, 10:30 PM
Time for predictions! We can make this fun... 1 pt for the right team, 2 pts for the right amount of games and 5 pts for the perfect prediction. Let's see who gets the best score.

Mine:

WAS in 5
PHI in 6
MTL in 6 (a bit homer I know:P)
TBL in 7

VAN in 7
SJS in 5
DET in 6
ANA in 7

I had 3 perfect predictions out of 8 series.:P

Urban_Genius
Apr 28, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hehe I went 4 for 8.
Anyways: Nashville in 6 and San Jose in 6, Boston in 7 and Washington in 6.

caltrane74
Apr 28, 2011, 11:02 PM
The leafs just signed a rapping swede to a 2 year deal. I sense things are getting. Lot better for the leafs. Team him up with Kadri

SHOFEAR
Apr 28, 2011, 11:06 PM
SJS in 6
DET in 6
ANA in 5
CHI in 7

WSH in 4
PHI in 6
PIT in 7
BOS in 5

5/8 not counting my game predictions

SJS in 7
NSH in 6

BOS in 6
WSH in 5

Flamesrule
Apr 28, 2011, 11:55 PM
Even after we're eliminated, the entire focus of the thread is on Montreal. Cmon guys, I know we're important, but get over yourselves already.:haha:

What, too much sadness for you?

Calgarian
Apr 29, 2011, 12:20 AM
Absolutely..

Players who didn't pay attention when Stevens was on the ice made his highlight reel.

SpikePhanta
Apr 29, 2011, 1:16 AM
No surprise that most of those diving videos feature the Canucks, they've made it an art form.:D
Anyways looking forward to the game tonight, I'm going with Preds in six. Look for Barry Trotz to out-coach AV in this one, and Shea Weber is a beast!

Yeah because you know 3 videos out of 10 feature canucks players diving that makes the canucks featured in most.

Some guy
Apr 29, 2011, 2:55 AM
What a horrible call on Keith Ballard. He delivers a classic, perfect hip-check and gets a interference penalty. . . :whatthefuck:

Rinne is the only reason the score isn't 5-0 :hell:

SpikePhanta
Apr 29, 2011, 3:47 AM
Didn't like the call on Ballard's hipcheck.

An ok game, a bit boring, but a win, a playoff win, Congrats Canucks.

Rinne is a beast goalie.

Nicko999
Apr 29, 2011, 3:58 AM
Good job Vancouver.:tup:

LeftCoaster
Apr 29, 2011, 7:21 AM
This is going to be a snoozer of a series. Van in 5.

mr.John
Apr 29, 2011, 1:55 PM
Rocket Gomez apologizes for stinking up the joint and promises to return the millions he swindled out of the Canadiens.......ok ok I made the last part up

Montreal Canadiens’ Scott Gomez falls on his sword
By Randy Phillips, Montreal Gazette April 28, 2011 Comments (10)
On a day of reflection on a season that was and what might have been, no one looked harder in the mirror than Scott Gomez.

The veteran centre admitted he “had a terrible year” and publicly apologized as the Canadiens met for the last time this season less than 24 hours after a heartbreaking overtime loss to the Bruins in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal Wednesday night in Boston.

“I’m the first to admit, the first one to say it, I was awful and I let the guys down,” Gomez said Thursday at the team’s training centre in Brossard.

“There’s no one more embarrassed than me,” added Gomez, who had only seven goals and 31 assists for a career-low 38 points in 80 regular-season games and was minus-15. “I had a terrible year … and I’m sorry … I let the guys down.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Montreal+Canadiens+Scott+Gomez+falls+sword/4693321/story.html#ixzz1Kv5ukOuy

yaletown_fella
Apr 29, 2011, 5:01 PM
This is going to be a snoozer of a series. Van in 5.

No way. Nashville is just tired from the first round.

Darkoshvilli
Apr 29, 2011, 9:18 PM
Rocket Gomez apologizes for stinking up the joint and promises to return the millions he swindled out of the Canadiens.......ok ok I made the last part up

He was offered the contract in NY and took it. What do you want him to do? Say im not worth this money give me less? If anything, blame Gainey for trading for him. If Gauthier doesn't get rid of him, at least we know he can't play any worse, so next year he can only go up.

I hope.

MrOilers
Apr 29, 2011, 9:31 PM
Nashville is just tired from the first round.

Vancouver cannot take Nashville lightly. The Preds definitely had a bit of rust waiting for their opponent, and started this series cold.

That 1-0 victory should feel too close for comfort.

giallo
Apr 30, 2011, 2:15 AM
^ I agree. Nashville will be watching the tapes and preparing for the next game. Couple that with the amazing goalie that is Rinne, and you have a team that isn't going to just roll over.

Having said that, I think the Canucks realize this, and aren't going to take them lightly.

SpikePhanta
Apr 30, 2011, 2:53 AM
No way. Nashville is just tired from the first round.
If anything it would be Vancouver tired not Nashville, the preds did have more days off.

Nicko999
Apr 30, 2011, 6:09 AM
ahhh playoffs...Eller dislocated his shoulder in Game 6, went in the locker room replaced the shoulder himself and came back to play shortly after.:worship:
That must hurt like hell.

Cammy and Subban have declined Team Canada's invitation.

Pacioretty received green light for full-contact action the morning of Game 7... I was not a big fan of the playoff return (let's not make the same mistake as Crosby) so the elimination is not such a bad thing especially for the long-term of the team.

Nicko999
Apr 30, 2011, 6:33 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this but... GO FLYERS!!!

touraccuracy
Apr 30, 2011, 6:49 PM

2 of the 9 posted... of which the erhoff one looks pretty damn inconclusive.

canucks take game two by one goal.

SpikePhanta
Apr 30, 2011, 7:56 PM
TaQDmtWlDu4

Look at the 0:35, Canucks flag at the royal wedding!

Nicko999
Apr 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
WTF Philly!:yuck:

The few people who did complain about Price's playoff performance will have to shut up after watching Philly give up 7 goals.:no:

Yume-sama
Apr 30, 2011, 10:12 PM
I thought for awhile there Boston would score more goals than in the last 7.

Goaltending problems in Philly? Say it ain't so.

Nicko999
Apr 30, 2011, 10:18 PM
I bet the Flyers have nightmares about this...happened in December 2009!

REPORT: CANADIENS OFFER GOALTENDER HALAK TO FLYERS

Gainey told ruefrontenac.com writer Bertrand Raymond that he called the Flyers and told them he might have a goaltender available but the Flyers did not propose a deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=302443

-Harlington-
Apr 30, 2011, 11:27 PM
:previous:
LOL wtf philly

Nicko999
May 1, 2011, 1:06 AM
I know...
Carey Price allowed 13 regulation goals in 7 games
Boucher/Bobrovski... 7 goals in 1 game.:no:

Had they made that trade for Halak, they would be Stanley Cup favorites this year.

Nicko999
May 1, 2011, 4:25 AM
Nucks-Preds are going to second overtime...
It's the Pekka Rinne show!!!:sly:

Ayreonaut
May 1, 2011, 4:51 AM
West Coast OT games are bad for my sleep schedule.

Yume-sama
May 1, 2011, 4:58 AM
Holy crap was that EVER the Pekka Rinne show.

2 - 1 Predators win.

The Preds remind me of the 2004 Flames. Kind of :D

SpikePhanta
May 1, 2011, 5:00 AM
Canucks played poorly the first two periods, hence the lost.
poor effort, but great job Rinne.

MrOilers
May 1, 2011, 5:00 AM
The Preds are dangerous. They just may be this year's "Cinderella" team.

yaletown_fella
May 1, 2011, 5:17 AM
The preds have this. They'll be insane with home advantage,

Some guy
May 1, 2011, 5:28 AM
Rinne . . . . . . where the fuck did they get this guy????

Yume-sama
May 1, 2011, 5:39 AM
258th overall in 2004. :haha:

Good scouting, or drafting the only guy left? :P

Nicko999
May 1, 2011, 6:12 AM
258th overall in 2004. :haha:

Good scouting, or drafting the only guy left? :P

Almost as good as Halak, picked 271st overall in 2003.:D

I really believe good players picked in the last round are a result of good scouting. Teams just don't want to waste early round picks on them because they are sure those players would still be available later on.

Jaroslav Halak was our last pick in 2003
Mark Streit was a last round pick by the Habs in 2004
Sergei Kostitsyn was a last round pick by the Habs in 2005

Notice how all good players drafted late are European where there is less scouts?

Datsyuk: 171st overall pick in 1998
Zetterberg: 210st overall pick in 1999
Lundqvist: 205th overall pick in 2000
Rinne: 258th overall pick in 2004

Berklon
May 1, 2011, 1:05 PM
I'm rooting for the Canucks, but it's hard to want a team to win when the players seem like they don't care themselves.

This falling apart near the end of the game is nonsense. You can't keep doing that.

And the Sedins should really just put up or shut up. As usual, this team is a monster in regular season - but they don't have the balls to compete in the playoffs.

I can easily see the Preds taking the next two games at home. If that happens, there's no way the Canucks come back 3 straight games.

Yume-sama
May 1, 2011, 8:25 PM
I wonder if a team has ever won a playoff series scoring 8 goals or less :P

Could happen.

Nicko999
May 1, 2011, 9:06 PM
I wonder if a team has ever won a playoff series scoring 8 goals or less :P

Could happen.

The Bruins were the first team ever to win a playoff series without scoring a PP goal. I don't even think they had any good scoring chances.:rolleyes:

So it could definately happen.:haha:

Coldrsx
May 1, 2011, 9:21 PM
Barely kept awake for the 2OT, but it was worth it...

touraccuracy
May 2, 2011, 6:38 AM
canucks go 2-0 in nashville

yaletown_fella
May 2, 2011, 7:58 PM
Preds in 6.

Darkoshvilli
May 2, 2011, 8:50 PM
Washington goes 0-2 at home, wow. Last year they couldn't keep the puck out of the net, this year they can't score. Leonsis' reaction after the ot goal was hilarious.:haha:

Nicko999
May 3, 2011, 12:33 AM
James Van Riemsdyk reminds me so much of Pacioretty.

Van Riemsdyk-Pacioretty comparaison:
6 ft 3 in - 6 ft 2 in
211 lbs - 212 lbs
21 years old (drafted in 2007) - 22 years old (drafted in 2007)
American - American
Power forward - Power forward
Left Winger - Left Winger
25 goals in 75 games (0.33 G/G) - 14 goals in 37 games (0.38 G/G)

SpikePhanta
May 3, 2011, 1:17 AM
I would trade Schneider for VanR.
Too bad now we would have to offer more.

Some guy
May 3, 2011, 4:36 AM
Apparently the the league has asked the Canucks' Green Men to stop their antics.

Pretty inane, when you basically take away the meaning of home ice advantage.

Flamesrule
May 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
Apparently the the league has asked the Canucks' Green Men to stop their antics.

Pretty inane, when you basically take away the meaning of home ice advantage.

What source is that from?

Also, Boston wins 3-2. Let's hope they don't ruin their lead like last year.

-Harlington-
May 3, 2011, 2:47 PM
:previous: its been in the news for a little while now so heres a fairly recent article :

NHL should embrace Vancouver's 'Green Men'

James Mirtle
Globe and Mail Blog
Posted on Monday, May 2, 2011 4:23PM EDT

We're only in Round 2 of the playoffs and already there are some pretty strange happenings out on the West Coast.

First a Vancouver car dealership was ordered by NHL lawyers to remove a 'Go Canucks Go' sign from its window. Now the Canucks "Green Men" super fans have been targeted by the league.

And here we thought the NHL had real problems – like the triumphant return of the neutral zone trap – to worry about.

The Green Men have gained huge popularity in Vancouver the past couple years for donning green spandex suits and taunting opposition players from their seats next to the penalty box, but according to Hockey Night in Canada's Hot Stove panel on the weekend, they received a stern warning from the league.

"The league has looked into getting rid of these guys," HNIC commentator Glenn Healy said. "We've had enough. It's about the game, it's about the players, it's not about guys doing handstands. The league's looked into it and they're going to make some amends."

Which is nonsense, but par for the course given the league's crack down on octopus tossing earlier in these playoffs.

(Despite the extra attention from officials, the Green Men aren't shutting it down and will be on the road in Nashville for Games 3 and 4 starting tomorrow night. It's safe to say they'll be getting plenty of screen time in light of this fiasco.)

What's unfortunate is that there aren't more fan traditions like the Green Men in Vancouver and the octopus toss in Detroit, as they only add to the atmosphere in NHL buildings during the playoffs.

Why wouldn't the league want to embrace that and the fun storylines that come with it? And isn't a little taunting all part of a trip to the penalty box in a visiting arena?

Fans have predictably taken up the cause of backing the green guys, which shows at least to some extent where the paying customers weigh in here.

The league, apparently, would rather have everyone in suits and sitting on their hands, as is too often the case at the Air Canada Centre.

The_Architect
May 3, 2011, 5:17 PM
Glenn Healy is an idiot. I'd love for the Green men to be allowed just for the purpose of pissing him off..

Also it's a good thing the Globe and Fail is taking pot shots at their biggest market.. very smart of them. Cause Vancouver "fans" weren't leaving in the 2nd OT because it was getting late right? I'm telling you right now you'd never see that at the ACC in the playoffs..

Darkoshvilli
May 3, 2011, 7:45 PM
James Van Riemsdyk reminds me so much of Pacioretty.

Van Riemsdyk-Pacioretty comparaison:
6 ft 3 in - 6 ft 2 in
211 lbs - 212 lbs
21 years old (drafted in 2007) - 22 years old (drafted in 2007)
American - American
Power forward - Power forward
Left Winger - Left Winger
25 goals in 75 games (0.33 G/G) - 14 goals in 37 games (0.38 G/G)

VanDyke was ridiculous last night. He just took over the game. I have yet to see Pac do that. Thought he was also beastly before that thug sent him to the hospital.

And as for the green men, I don't mind them but I fail to see whats so hilarious about two dudes in tights dancing in front of hockey players. Now if they were chicks I'd def pay more attention to them. So would the players actually.

Nicko999
May 3, 2011, 10:31 PM
What source is that from?

Also, Boston wins 3-2. Let's hope they don't ruin their lead like last year.

Let's hope they do...

The_Architect
May 3, 2011, 10:37 PM
Let's hope they do...

Agreed. Now that they got rid of the Habs they can crash and burn.. More valuable to the Leafs that way.