PDA

You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum.  For the full version follow the link below.

View Full Version : What is your weather today? (II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101

Metro-One
Oct 29, 2011, 8:45 PM
:previous:didn't see that coming, seems far too mild in Eastern Canada right now for it to be cold enough for snow in New York city right now.

David1gray
Oct 29, 2011, 9:23 PM
gonna be a messy day tomorrow:

Rain warning
Storm surge warning
Wind warning for
Antigonish County issued

Northwesterly winds gusting to 90 km/h will develop Sunday afternoon and evening.

A low pressure system along the eastern seaboard is forecast to intensify as it moves towards the Maritimes tonight and Sunday.

Rain will develop tonight in the tri-county area and spread northeastward overnight, reaching Cape Breton Sunday morning. Rainfall amounts of 50 to 70 millimeters can be expected by Sunday evening for most of Nova Scotia. Strong easterly winds will develop ahead of this storm with gusts to 80 km/h expected along coastal areas, winds will strengthen behind the low to 90 km/h from the northwest in the wake of the low.

In addition higher than normal water levels and pounding surf can be expected along the western shore Sunday afternoon. Elevated water levels are expected Sunday night along north facing coastlines of Pictou Antigonish counties including St Georges bay and Cape Breton.

NB is getting snow:

Snowfall warning for
Oromocto and Sunbury County continued

Up to 20 cm of snow expected tonight and Sunday.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A rapidly deepening low pressure system will track just south of Nova Scotia on Sunday. Significant precipitation and strong winds will accompany this system. Along the Fundy coast precipitation will fall mainly as rain at times mixed with snow with a total amount of near 50 millimetres expected. Over western regions of Southern New Brunswick cooler temperature will result in the precipitation to fall mainly as snow at times mixed with rain. Total snowfall amounts over those regions could reach up to 20 cm.

In addition higher than normal water levels and rough or pounding surf can be expected Sunday evening along parts of the Northumberland strait from Miramichi southward

from: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html

Nicko999
Oct 30, 2011, 6:47 AM
It was -2.7C yesterday morning which the coldest recorded temperature we have this season. It amazing how fast plants/flowers die after the first frost.:( You go to bed, everything is fine. Then you wake up and everything is dead.:(

Only went up to 5C with overcast skies today. Goddamn cold!

The Canadian warmspot was North Cowichan, BC at 13.6C.

freeweed
Oct 30, 2011, 3:47 PM
So weird to hear about places getting snow when Calgary has yet to see any snowfall. We've had a couple of flakes at higher elevations but absolutely nothing on the ground. It still feels like mid September as a result. And I wouldn't be surprised if we go past mid-November with nothing sticking.

Then - WHAM. I bet this is the year to buy a snowblower out here.

MonctonRad
Oct 30, 2011, 7:41 PM
It's been raining cats and dogs all day in Moncton, fairly high winds around noontime, but they have calmed down. The cloud deck was so thick this morning that my satellite radio stopped working!!

Finally getting a few flakes of snow now (4 PM), but it won't stick. Hard to believe they got over 80 cm of the stuff in the Catskills, Berkshire Hills and in southern New Hampshire!!

David1gray
Oct 30, 2011, 11:07 PM
the storm is still really crazy here, the winds are really strong atm. There is a power line down a few houses up from mine, the cops have the road blocked off.

MonctonRad
Oct 30, 2011, 11:34 PM
We have maybe 2cm on the ground right now in Moncton. The snow has stopped.

someone123
Oct 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
:previous:didn't see that coming, seems far too mild in Eastern Canada right now for it to be cold enough for snow in New York city right now.

Atlantic Canada is far enough east that the weather can be pretty dramatically different. Similarly Newfoundland and the Maritimes can be hit by different sets of storms depending on how they track.

MonctonRad
Oct 31, 2011, 2:41 AM
Atlantic Canada is far enough east that the weather can be pretty dramatically different. Similarly Newfoundland and the Maritimes can be hit by different sets of storms depending on how they track.

Exactly:

We stick out into the North Atlantic so our weather can be significantly different than on the rest of the Atlantic seaboard. It should be noted however that this is both a good thing and a bad thing. We tend to have a more temperate climate than northern New England, but we are also more prone to nor'easters and hurricanes than New England is.

Most of NB has a typical continental climate, but southeastern NB, most of PEI, all of NS and the Avalon Peninsula in Newfoundland have a Maritime climate significantly influenced by our proximity to the ocean.

Especially in the late fall and early winter, it can be warmer in the Maritimes than in the non coastal areas of the mid Atlantic states. I've seen it warmer in Moncton than in Atlanta (and this happens routinely at least 6-10 times per year).

It's not surprising that most of the Maritimes experienced this storm as a rain event.

freeweed
Oct 31, 2011, 4:20 AM
Not sure what the official high will be, but it was 17 in Calgary according to my car today. One day until Halloween and it's bloody warm as hell outside. Windy at hell too - 60-70 km/h gusts at least.

I'm getting a bit scared for how bad the winter is gonna be. We've had warm falls before, but it seems.. extreme right now. Like the weather is on a knife blade just waiting to turn.

Nicko999
Oct 31, 2011, 6:46 AM
Extremely cold for October last morning... low of -3.9C. That is the lowest October temperature recorded in Montreal since 2002.:( But at least we didn't get any snow.:rolleyes:

Today was a very pleasant day... 10C and clear blue skies.:tup::cool: The trees in front stay green until mid-November so hopefully we don't have too many frosty mornings...

The Canadian warmspot was Drumheller, Alberta at 20.3C. Will they be the last station to record 20C+ this year?

freeweed
Oct 31, 2011, 1:41 PM
And of course, me and my big mouth. Woke up to the first snowfall of the year. Not huge, but in NW Calgary we have nearly an inch of snow on the ground. It just HAD to dump some in October. :haha:

Jay in Cowtown
Oct 31, 2011, 4:46 PM
And of course, me and my big mouth. Woke up to the first snowfall of the year. Not huge, but in NW Calgary we have nearly an inch of snow on the ground. It just HAD to dump some in October. :haha:

... and south of the Bow River a skiff, looks like nothing more than a heavy frost. Heard up around Water Valley/Cremona about 4" fell.

Calgarian
Oct 31, 2011, 5:00 PM
No snow in the Beltline this morning, just looked like rain. Saw a few flakes though...

Deepstar
Oct 31, 2011, 5:21 PM
No snow in the Beltline this morning, just looked like rain. Saw a few flakes though...

There was some snow in the higher elevation areas like Nose Hill. None in my area of town. :cheers:

Deepstar
Oct 31, 2011, 5:23 PM
Not sure what the official high will be, but it was 17 in Calgary according to my car today. One day until Halloween and it's bloody warm as hell outside. Windy at hell too - 60-70 km/h gusts at least.

I'm getting a bit scared for how bad the winter is gonna be. We've had warm falls before, but it seems.. extreme right now. Like the weather is on a knife blade just waiting to turn.

My thermometer outside read 18C yesterday. Not bad for this time of year.

rrskylar
Oct 31, 2011, 10:09 PM
12 in the Peg right now warm weather mean too many damn kids trick or treating!:(

vid
Nov 1, 2011, 2:06 AM
Snow in New York City. I wore shorts today. Now they know what it was like for us in the 1990s! I don't think it didn't snow for a single Halloween of my childhood.

Nicko999
Nov 1, 2011, 6:43 AM
Halifax and St John's are added

Freeze list

Sept 6: Thunder Bay: -0.4C (8 days earlier than last year)
Sept 10: Iqaluit: -0.9C (same as last year)
Sept 10: Whitehorse: -0.1C (12 days later than last year)
Sept 13: Saskatoon: -2.9C (4 days earlier than last year)
Sept 13: Winnipeg: -1.3C (6 days earlier than last year)
Sept 13: Regina: -0.9C (4 days earlier than last year)
Sept 18: Edmundston: -1.5C (same as last year)
Sept 18: Sept-Iles: -0.8C (1 day earlier than last year)
Sept 23: Kuujjuaq: -1.6C (13 days later than last year)
Sept 29: Calgary: -0.2C (11 days later than last year)
Oct 5: Quebec City: -0.4C (13 days earlier than last year)
Oct 6: Sherbrooke: -1.1C (15 days later than last year)
Oct 6: Fredericton: -0.9C (3 days later than last year)
Oct 6: Saint John: -0.9C (5 days earlier than last year)
Oct 6: Moncton: -0.5C (7 days earlier than last year)
Oct 13: Kamloops: -0.1C (3 days earlier than last year)
Oct 14: Edmonton: -0.2C (29 days later than last year)
Oct 15: Ashcroft: -2.4C (2 days earlier than last year)
Oct 24: Osoyoos: -0.2C (7 days later than last year)
Oct 27: Hamilton: -3.7C (4 days earlier than last year)
Oct 27: Ottawa: -2.7C (15 days later than last year)
Oct 27: London: -2.1C (4 days earlier than last year)
Oct 27: Toronto: -1.2C (5 days later than last year)
Oct 27: Sarnia: -0.8C (5 days earlier than last year)
Oct 27: Montreal: -0.3C (4 days later than last year)
Oct 29: Halifax: -1.9C (9 days later than last year)
Oct 30: St John's: -0.9C (4 days earlier than last year)

Still haven't frozen: Lytton, Windsor, Charlottetown, Victoria and Vancouver.

Nicko999
Nov 1, 2011, 6:47 AM
Absolutely gorgeous Halloween...:cool:

12C with sunshine (clouded up in the evening). Very light winds.;)

The Canadian warmspot was Morden, Manitoba at 14.4C

Metro-One
Nov 1, 2011, 7:05 AM
:previous:yeah, we had a great Halloween over here on the west coast as well. Was completely sunny, 11 in the afternoon and 7 during the trick or treating hours. Plus we had a few good gusts of wind to blow the leaves around, the perfect Halloween setting.

PS - About half the trees around here are currently at or nearing their full fall colours (such as the Broad Leaf Maple). Very vibrant colours this year for our area (nothing like out east, but still pretty). The other half are still green. All the banana tree leaves are still out as are the fig tree leaves (both are good indicators of a first freeze since they are killed off at around -1) So nothing so far.

Nicko999
Nov 2, 2011, 5:47 AM
Another nice calm sunny fall day.:cool::tup:

It went up to 11C today.:)

The Canadian warmspot was Point Pelee, Ontario at 14.8C.

Metro-One
Nov 2, 2011, 7:46 AM
Lytton and Victoria are on the freeze list now. Victoria airport just under at -0.2 this morning. All of the Victoria proper stations have yet to freeze though.

That is Vancouver, Windsor and Charlottetown left I believe.

Anyone who makes it to November is pretty good.

What is interesting is how much later lytton froze than all the other interior locations, that goes to show how the Canyon still has a slight coastal moderating influence compared to the Thompson and Okanagan valleys.

Nicko999
Nov 2, 2011, 10:41 PM
Lytton and Victoria are on the freeze list now. Victoria airport just under at -0.2 this morning. All of the Victoria proper stations have yet to freeze though.

That is Vancouver, Windsor and Charlottetown left I believe.

Anyone who makes it to November is pretty good.

What is interesting is how much later lytton froze than all the other interior locations, that goes to show how the Canyon still has a slight coastal moderating influence compared to the Thompson and Okanagan valleys.

Lytton got to be the windiest place in Canada (based on my observations:P)... even at night the winds are blowing pretty hard. Hard to freeze when the wind is moderating the temperature at night.

Metro-One
Nov 2, 2011, 10:48 PM
:previous:Yeah, Lytton does get a true canyon effect. Hard to keep your hair how you like it there, haha!

Calebb
Nov 2, 2011, 10:55 PM
Car thermo was reading 17 degrees in Toronto today

Just gorgeous

CanadianCentaur
Nov 3, 2011, 1:09 AM
Been quite mild and sunny for the most part in Edmonton for the last month. No snow's fallen as of yet. But with temps falling quite a bit by Friday (but getting milder after that), that just might happen.

Nicko999
Nov 3, 2011, 4:25 AM
15C and sunny today!:cool:

It doesn't get any better than that in November.:tup:

The Canadian warmspot today was Collingwood, Ontario at 20.1C. We made it to 20C in November.:)

freeweed
Nov 3, 2011, 2:03 PM
We made it to 20C in November.:)

Calgary did this twice last year, and came within a hair's breadth in 2009 (19.9). Of course, those were 2 of our longer, colder, snowier winters in recent memory, so take that for what's it's worth. :haha:

rrskylar
Nov 3, 2011, 4:35 PM
Nice weather continues in Winnipeg, 10 today, 10 tomorrow, 10 Sat.

Nicko999
Nov 4, 2011, 5:44 AM
Victoria, Lytton and Charlottetown are added

Freeze list

Nov 1: Lytton: -1.2C (10 days earlier than last year)
Nov 1: Victoria: -0.2C (17 days earlier than last year)
Nov 2: Charlottetown: -0.7C (13 days later than last year)

Still haven't frozen: Windsor and Vancouver.

Nicko999
Nov 4, 2011, 5:48 AM
Another great November day... 13C with more cloud cover but nice sunny breaks. It started raining later in the afternoon.

The low this morning was 7C... not bad.:)

The Canadian warmspot was Lennoxville, Quebec at 15.9C.:tup:

freeweed
Nov 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
Nuff sed, courtesy of the Weather Network:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/uploadnewstorm/TempDifference.jpg

Calgarian
Nov 4, 2011, 3:22 PM
It's winter in Calgary now, lots of snow falling today and it's supposed to continue into tomorrow. Time to get the snowboard waxed, the hills are looking like they might be open early this year. :banana:

freeweed
Nov 4, 2011, 3:42 PM
It's winter in Calgary now, lots of snow falling today and it's supposed to continue into tomorrow. Time to get the snowboard waxed, the hills are looking like they might be open early this year. :banana:

Nakiska opened last weekend. Sunshine looks on track for the usual Remembrance Day (ish) opening. Louise is planning on opening tomorrow - and for a change, they actually might have more than just the Wiwaxy strip under snow!

A bit early overall, yeah. Looks to be a great start to the season!

CanadianCentaur
Nov 4, 2011, 6:03 PM
-9°C and mostly sunny right now. There's still not a flake on the ground, though. It's very dry right now.

Gerrard
Nov 4, 2011, 6:19 PM
Chillyish but sunny. And the light is so fantastic it reminds me of a Douglas Sirk movie. Just had to put that out there.

Nicko999
Nov 4, 2011, 7:18 PM
The map filling up in white as we approach winter.

http://bit.ly/tF1IKK
http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/ims_gif/DATA/cursnow_usa.gif

north 42
Nov 4, 2011, 8:27 PM
Still no freeze here in the sunny south :banana: Hopefully we can beat out Vancouver as the last city to see a freeze in Canada.

Yume-sama
Nov 4, 2011, 8:52 PM
Yep, after a quick taste test it's definitely snowing in Calgary for the first time (this season lol)~

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6112/6313273992_3e2d764c48.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/syume/6313273992/)
Eating the Snow (http://www.flickr.com/photos/syume/6313273992/) by s.yume (http://www.flickr.com/people/syume/), on Flickr

Nicko999
Nov 4, 2011, 8:54 PM
Windsor might have won... we'll see tommorow.

http://bit.ly/tpHYLC

1 thing is sure, with the warmup coming in the East, no freeze is expected until at least mid-November.

someone123
Nov 4, 2011, 9:24 PM
These lists are always a bit misleading because, while some stations are pretty good, others are not very representative. The station being used for Halifax is over 30 kilometres away from the city centre. The average first day of frost within a 30 km band of the NS coast probably varies by about 2 weeks.

Similarly occasionally you'll see people using a downtown weather station with a huge urban heat island effect for one city (particularly Toronto or Montreal) and then an airport type of station for other cities.

Lake effect snow also varies a lot.

A nicer way to do this would be to have more sample points/weather stations and to do some sort of interpolation (I've debated doing this with the EC data). Or just have satellite maps.

Metro-One
Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 PM
:previous:Victoria has the same problem as Halifax, the airport is 20km away I believe and is not even in Victoria proper.

On that note I did see the first few patches of light frost this morning at my place. Not hard enough to kill anything major it looks so far.

North of 49
Nov 4, 2011, 10:32 PM
High of 9 sunny with a few clouds and guess what no snow!!!!!

People that have never been to Winnipeg, guess what it's not always -30 C nor is there snow on teh ground year round...

good god.....

Was in Toronto last week and that was the first thing people would ask about Winnipeg.

:hell:

enough.....

someone123
Nov 4, 2011, 10:54 PM
:previous:Victoria has the same problem as Halifax, the airport is 20km away I believe and is not even in Victoria proper.

On that note I did see the first few patches of light frost this morning at my place. Not hard enough to kill anything major it looks so far.

Yep, realistically right along the coast by Vancouver Island I doubt they have seen 0 yet. Brier Island, NS has only hit 2.6 C so far but inland some places have hit almost -2. Actually the colder than average nights are when you tend to see the biggest differences on the East Coast. A very cold winter night might go below -20 in the interior of the province but only be -13 or so on the coast, for example.

There was lots of frost in Burnaby this morning.

Metro-One
Nov 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
:previous:Yeah, driving through Burnaby is actually where i saw the frost, haha. Didn't see any around where I live in south Van. Which makes sense seeing how being on a the south facing hill where I live lies in what is called a "thermal zone" overnight. (Frost tends to pool below the thermal zones in low lying areas and above the thermal zone where the environmental lapse rate takes over)

rrskylar
Nov 5, 2011, 4:16 AM
High of 9 sunny with a few clouds and guess what no snow!!!!!

People that have never been to Winnipeg, guess what it's not always -30 C nor is there snow on teh ground year round...

good god.....

Was in Toronto last week and that was the first thing people would ask about Winnipeg.

:hell:

enough.....

LOL! First snow is usually mid-Nov. here, high 11 tomorrow, no snow!

Nicko999
Nov 5, 2011, 6:12 AM
Chilly today!

It went up to 6C with generally sunny conditions.

The Canadian warmspot was Sprague, Manitoba at 13.8C.

entheosfog
Nov 5, 2011, 8:50 AM
:previous:Yeah, driving through Burnaby is actually where i saw the frost, haha. Didn't see any around where I live in south Van. Which makes sense seeing how being on a the south facing hill where I live lies in what is called a "thermal zone" overnight. (Frost tends to pool below the thermal zones in low lying areas and above the thermal zone where the environmental lapse rate takes over)

There was frost yesterday morning in Grandview where I live, but none where I work in Lower Mount Pleasant....

Nicko999
Nov 6, 2011, 6:37 AM
Vancouver is added.

Freeze list

Nov 1: Lytton: -1.2C (10 days earlier than last year)
Nov 1: Victoria: -0.2C (17 days earlier than last year)
Nov 2: Charlottetown: -0.7C (13 days later than last year)
Nov 4: Vancouver: -0.9C (16 days earlier than last year)

Windsor wins!!!

Nicko999
Nov 6, 2011, 6:45 AM
7C and sunny today! Not a bad day overall but could be a little bit warmer.:P

The Canadian warmspot was Fort Frances, Ontario at 13.7C.

Denscity
Nov 6, 2011, 6:50 AM
7C and sunny today! Not a bad day overall but could be a little bit warmer.:P

The Canadian warmspot was Fort Frances, Ontario at 13.7C.

Nicko where do you find the canadian warmspot everyday?

Blitz
Nov 6, 2011, 4:46 PM
It's unusual for us to not have a frost yet (the average first date is Oct 22nd).

This is already the wettest year on record in Windsor. We've seen close to 1200 mm of precipitation already. An average year brings 820 mm.

Calebb
Nov 6, 2011, 9:44 PM
15 degrees for the next 3 days in Toronto :banana:

Nicko999
Nov 6, 2011, 11:41 PM
Nicko where do you find the canadian warmspot everyday?

http://ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynext?lang=en&state=Cana&rank=100&ano=2011&mes=11&day=06&hora=16&Send=send

The Powder Lake station seems very inaccurate so you take #2 as the Canadian hotspot.

Joshy
Nov 7, 2011, 4:05 AM
Just after 10pm, and it's +1C and raining in Winnipeg.

Nicko999
Nov 7, 2011, 5:36 AM
Make that snow...:D

The Prairies cities (except Edmonton I think) got some snow this weekend. Nothing out of the ordinary but first accumulation nonetheless.

Not even a trace of snow in Montreal so far... usually we get our big snowfall early December (or late November).

However we often get a flurry or two late October-early November that counts as a trace.

This year is the latest we've been without flurries since 1994 (November 7) where we recorded the first trace on November 22.

Nicko999
Nov 7, 2011, 7:44 AM
The gorgeous November weather continues...

12C and sunny!:cool::tup: It's been very dry so far this month.

The Canadian warmspot was Collingwood, Ontario at 17.4C

Airboy
Nov 7, 2011, 3:14 PM
No snow in Edmonton yet, no moisture of any significance for a few months.

We have now set a new record for latests snow fall. Not expecting any until at least next Friday. Closest snow fall was the airport which reported flurries Friday.

SteelTown
Nov 7, 2011, 6:43 PM
Balmy weather with us until Friday

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/621154--balmy-weather-with-us-until-friday

So it’s November already and people are walking around in short sleeves and tank tops.

After a glorious weekend, for this time of year anyway, Hamiltonians have been holding off on their woolies to see if Monday is a record breaker.

Well, no, it won’t be unless the earth’s axis shifts us closer to the sun.

Environment Canada’s forecast for Monday is a balmy 14C tops.

But it’s no record breaker. That honour goes to Nov. 7, 1975 when a city wearing seasonal clothes sweltered at a record breaking 19.4 C.

That’s the Nov. 7 mark to beat this year.

Still, Environment Canada says Hamilton has a pretty decent week coming up, with light southwest winds and a high of 14 Monday. There is a slim chance of rain overnight and a low of 9.

Tuesday should be cloudy, with a 30 per cent chance of rain but a high of 12.

Wednesday is more of the same, cloudy and a high of 14 followed by a mix of sun and a high of 14 again on Thursday.

Aylmer
Nov 7, 2011, 9:47 PM
To be taken with a truck-load of salt. In fact, scratch that. Just put this in "off the deep end" category.

According to Accuweather's long-term forecast, Ottawa will see 195cm of snow between the 19th and the 20th of November.

That.

Would be epic.

Nicko999
Nov 8, 2011, 5:33 AM
Another perfect November day...

15C and sunny today!:cool::tup: Dewpoints are also on the rise which means warmer nights (still 11C at midnight).

The Canadian warmspot was Petawawa, Ontario at 18.4C.

north 42
Nov 8, 2011, 6:59 PM
It's 18 and partly sunny right now. With very light breezes, everyone is walking around in just shirts, with many in shorts. Gotta love it!

Airboy
Nov 9, 2011, 12:05 AM
The Snow forecast for Friday is now maybe flurries on Saturday. I don't mind but we really need moisture out here. Plus its to cold to water the trees now.

Nicko999
Nov 9, 2011, 5:48 AM
Another day perfect November day...:)

The low this morning was 7C.:)

Went up to 14C under 100% clear skies... it did cloud up this evening but it is nice because it's keeping us mild tonight.:tup:

Just perfect to enjoy fall colours (picture taken November 6).
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/975/scr1320817450.png
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/5050927/4/caqc0363/plpcities/787/?ref=ugc_city_thumbs

The Canadian warmspot today was Point Pelee, Ontario 19.7C.

north 42
Nov 9, 2011, 5:29 PM
It was 19 in Windsor yesterday, could have sworn it was a spring day, not fall.

Nicko999
Nov 10, 2011, 2:38 AM
:previous:So true... I think summer might be coming back to way it's going.:P

Low of 8C this morning with a bright blue sky.:cool:

We went up to 15C under sunny conditions. We need rain though... only 2.2mm has fallen this month, all on November 3th.

3 weather stations in Southern Quebec (Lennoxville, Frelighsburg, Sherbrooke) exceeded the 20C mark... warmspot was Lennoxville, QC at 20.4C.:tup:

flar
Nov 10, 2011, 2:52 AM
For those spots that have hit the 19-20 rnage the last few days, it probably qualifies as a genuine Indian Summer, since it's already been pretty cool with frost the last few weeks.

Metro-One
Nov 10, 2011, 3:25 AM
jealous of all the warm weather out east! Wish we could get a 10 to 12 degree above normal day!

Anyways, been nothing special here, cloud, rain, some sun, today was at least decently mild at 12 to 13 degrees.

MonctonRad
Nov 10, 2011, 7:04 PM
16 spectacular degrees Celsius today in Moncton with warm glorious sunshine. No outerwear required whatsoever!!

:banana::banana::banana:

SpongeG
Nov 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
a gorgeous sunny 14c here today :) quite the contrast to last week which was so cold and miserable

Blitz
Nov 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
Snow was falling in Windsor late this afternoon but I don't think the temperature has actually dropped below freezing yet this season.

freeweed
Nov 11, 2011, 12:11 AM
Calgary hit at least 14 today. Not sure what the official high will end up to be. Pretty damned sweet though, it's been a cold fall so far.

Xelebes
Nov 11, 2011, 12:41 AM
We got rain today. Non-freezing rain. Wet rain that stays wet until it dries. That kind of rain.

Nicko999
Nov 11, 2011, 7:06 AM
It was 13C this morning but it cooled down to 9C this afternoon. We had some much needed rain.:tup:

The Canadian warmspot was once again Lennoxville, Quebec at 19.6C.:tup:

Nicko999
Nov 12, 2011, 5:50 AM
7C and mainly cloudy with the sun peaking here and there. The Southern Ontario/Southern Quebec microclimate in autumn is really starting to show... Snowing right now in North Bay and Sudbury.

It is kind of surprising cities like New York City, Windsor, Kansas City, Chicago received flurries (or accumulating snow) before us.

The Canadian warmspot was Cheticamp, Nova Scotia at 20.1C. They had a dewpoint of 17C!!! Very impressive for mid-November.

Dwils01
Nov 12, 2011, 7:51 AM
Had a rain/snow mix out by the airport around noon.

tele75
Nov 12, 2011, 5:08 PM
First light snow of the season and -2.

Blitz
Nov 12, 2011, 7:40 PM
I hit an intense snowsquall driving through Woodstock on Hwy 401 yesterday morning. Several cm of snow were already on the ground. All the frozen precipitation in southwestern Ontario so far this season has been lake-effect.

Joshy
Nov 13, 2011, 1:55 AM
Currently 4C and rain in Winnipeg.

No real snow to speak of in the long-term forecast.

Nicko999
Nov 13, 2011, 7:40 AM
9C and cloudy with a quick rain shower today. A few flurries were reported north of Montreal (Mirabel and north) but nothing here.

The Canadian warmspot was Daniel's Harbour, Newfoundland at 16.1C. 2 hours after this temperature was recorded, it started snowing.:haha:

Nicko999
Nov 14, 2011, 6:52 AM
It's warming up again!!!:)

12C today and cloudy but with some nice sunny breaks as well.:tup:

The Canadian warmspot was Huntingdon, Quebec at 17.9C.:tup:

Airboy
Nov 14, 2011, 11:20 PM
I'd like to announce that the Festival of Bad Driving has officially begun in Edmonton at 4:00 pm November 14th

Nicko999
Nov 15, 2011, 5:48 AM
New record high broken today!!!:cool: This is turning out to be one of the best autumn we've had.;) I've turn the heat off which almost never happens in November.

The low this morning was already 10C.

18C and sunny early this afternoon and then it became a mix of sun and clouds later in the day.
Official temperature was 18.6C which breaks our previous record of 17.2C in 1959.:tup: It's the warmest temperature so late in the year since 1990.

The Canadian warmspots were Huntingdon and St. Clothilde, Quebec at 19.5C. Montreal was #5.:)

BTW-The warmth didn't quite make it to Southern Ontario (even if they were above normal), the 10 warmest stations today were in Southern Quebec.

rrskylar
Nov 15, 2011, 8:23 PM
High only 1 today, light snow that fell Sunday night all gone:tup:

Nicko999
Nov 16, 2011, 7:01 AM
Another gorgeous day...

12C and sunny!:cool:

The low this morning was 8C.:tup:

The Canadian warmspot was Western Head, Nova Scotia at 18.3C.

Metro-One
Nov 16, 2011, 9:41 PM
:previous:I would not be surprised if Eastern Canada is having one of their warmest Novembers ever. Every time I look at the forecast, especially in southern Ontario and Quebec, the temps are consistently well above normal.

At the same time, we here in the west have been getting the majority of our days below normal, and it is indeed snowing at the higher parts of Metro Vancouver today (such as Burnaby Mountain).

Nicko999
Nov 16, 2011, 10:06 PM
:previous:Getting close but not there yet...

Current avg this month for Montreal is 7.2C while the warmest November on record (1948) had an avg of 8.2C after 15 days.

BTW- I see lows of about -25C coming in Saskatchewan...:sly: Winter has arrived in Western Canada. Meanwhile Windsor still haven't frozen.:haha:

feepa
Nov 17, 2011, 1:27 AM
oh fuck

City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park
3:24 PM MST Wednesday 16 November 2011
Winter storm warning for
City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park issued

Snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 centimetres and blowing snow expected for Thursday.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

An intense low pressure system is expected to develop in Southern Alberta east of Red Deer by Thursday morning. On the northern edge of this system a band of heavy snow will form extending from Grande Cache through the city of Edmonton and surrounding regions to the Lloydminster region. 10 to 15 centimetres of snow is expected by Thursday evening along this band. In addition the system will also generate strong easterly winds. The strong winds combined with falling snow will reduce visibility due to blowing snow.

Good thing I got AWD and Nokian WR's!!

freeweed
Nov 17, 2011, 2:29 AM
Nokians ftw. I love tires that act almost like winter tires, without the hassle of changing them out every time it chinooks.

Airboy
Nov 17, 2011, 4:07 AM
Wimps, -20C 60kph winds, Blizzard blowing. and I walked to the job site.

But this weather is an average fall evening in Rankin Inlet.

But I will be acclimated when I get back to YEG

Nicko999
Nov 17, 2011, 6:57 AM
Another mild November day.:)

13C and cloudy! :tup:

The Canadian warmspot was Greenwood, Nova Scotia at 15.6C.

Airboy
Nov 17, 2011, 11:00 PM
Blizzard still blowing here, visibility down to 50-60 ft. no flights in or out. and to add to the fun there's a bear wondering around town. so we are advised not to be outside.

You know it windy when the building shakes. and it really skews the pressurization testing.

Nicko999
Nov 18, 2011, 7:47 AM
We're back to normal...

Only 5C today with mainly cloudy skies...

I think the airport reported flurries at about 5:30PM but I didn't see anything here. We had a quick shower late in the afternoon.

The Canadian warmspot was Sable Island, Nova Scotia at 15.5C.

freeweed
Nov 18, 2011, 3:00 PM
Calgary, Friday: -16 all day, going down -22 at least tonight.

Calgary, Tuesday: +7 forecast.

I love this town. :haha:

Calgarian
Nov 18, 2011, 3:15 PM
yup, the weather rollercoaster in this city keeps you on your toes.
You need like 3 different coats in the winter in this city, or 2 coats and a hoodie lol. Today is a winter coat day for sure, cold as hell with the wind.

someone123
Nov 18, 2011, 8:58 PM
Hmm.. Burnaby is getting pea-sized hail right now.

PoscStudent
Nov 18, 2011, 9:43 PM
15 this morning and now it's currently 3.

PrairieGirl
Nov 19, 2011, 6:16 AM
-20C (with windchill down to -30 :sly: )
Snow (and more than enough of it)
Wednesday +6 forecasted :ohyeah

Saskatchewan's weather is always interesting. :rolleyes:

Saskatchewan Land of the Weather Warriors. :fireworks

Nicko999
Nov 19, 2011, 6:59 AM
Only went up to 4C today.:( We even got some very light sleet this afternoon for about 10 minutes...

The Canadian warmspot was St. John's, Newfoundland at 15.6C. A few hours later, it was snowing over there.:haha:

Canada is pretty much covered in white right now except for two coasts, Southern Ontario and Southern Quebec which is normal for late-November.

http://bit.ly/tsXMV5
http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/ims_gif/DATA/cursnow_usa.gif