PDA

View Full Version : Correction

M.K.
Oct 10, 2011, 3:57 PM
Correction:
http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=32861

1. Please move this to correct village 'Al Aqah' nearby. The hotel belongs to the Al Aqah Beach. If you don't want to move to this, the bigger city is 'Dadna'. Actually Al Fujayrah would be correctly in English like Fujairah. This is the emirate far englobing all those small cities.
2. Then the building has 22 floors + 1 mechanincal. It means 23 at all.
3. The height probably is something of 70m.
4. Style: Postmodern
5. Materials: Reinf. Concrete, Concrete, Glass, Sand, Aluminium, Granite, Stones.

Source: google Earth after local testimony.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
CITY REQUEST FORM
-----------------------------------

City Name: Al Aqah
Native Name: العقة
State/Province: Fujairah
Population:
Population Source & Year:

BUILDING REQUEST FORM - sources: google Earth and personal Testimony
-----------------------------------

Official sources: http://www.iberotel.com/en/hotels/details.php?id=40
Unofficial sources:

Building Name: Iberotel Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort
Native Name:
Other Names:
Street Address: Al Aqah Beach Road
City: Al Aqah
Postal Code: PO Box 5218
State/Province: Fujairah
Official Building Website URL: http://www.iberotel.com/en/hotels/details.php?id=40 (http://www.iberotel.com/en/hotels/details.php?id=40) http://www.iberotel.com/en/index.php
Wikipedia.org URL:
Skyscrapers.com (Emporis.com) URL:
CTBUH.org URL :
Structurae.de URL:
Architect:
Interesting Facts/Records (in own words):
Coordinates (with decimal fraction):
Floor-to-floor height:

Heights--
PLEASE PROVIDE SOURCES FOR HEIGHTS, OTHERWISE WE WILL ASSUME THEY ARE ESTIMATES AND HEIGHTS NOT BE SHOWN.
- antenna:
- spire: 20m
- roof:
- top floor:
- other heights:

Current Building Status (Built, Proposed, Cancelled, Destroyed, etc...): Built

Construction Dates--
- started:
- finished:
- destroyed:

Above ground floors: 3
Below ground floors: 1
Gross Floor area: 57000m²
Elevator count:
Unit count: 321 rooms

Structure Type(s): Lowrise
Building Use(s): Hotel
Building Style(s): Arabian Islamic
Building Materials: Stone, Sand, Granite, Wood, Steel, Reinf. Concrete, Concrete, Glass, Aluminium, Ceramics

Drawing to be included.

Artemco
Oct 11, 2011, 12:32 PM
There is no sense to move from big city to little town without population data.
Second one is too low.

M.K.
Oct 11, 2011, 2:58 PM
Artemco, Fujairah (al Fujayrah) is NOT a city, it is a EMIRATE, a municipality, like for your language муниципалитет or муніципалітет ;)

Al Aqah is the city, closest as possible to the structure.

Fujairah for those buildings are WRONG location, cause it is 78 KM far away to the centre of Municipality, Town Hall. THAT HAS NO SENSE ! You can measure by your own in GE.

If it is too low, it is not your decision about it. I like ex-editor decide as well. Quality still remains a problem by SSP Structures, mainly for Data and locations, imo, like i ever see.

For the quesite LOW, it has several structures in database of 1m or less than 10m, so why continues this ethernal discussion? As I know there is not limit from administration.

That is the problem here to have to depend on Editors. When I was i did not had those fight with egg skins. I just made it all by myself. It is why I stop requesting either. If you don't want to do, don't do it.

Tony
Oct 11, 2011, 7:23 PM
AFAIK, there is no "local" system of government below the Emirate level for Al Fujairah. Even the mailing address for the hotel is Fujairah.

I do not think a change is required.

M.K.
Oct 11, 2011, 7:58 PM
Hate go fwd with this small discussion about something simple, but There is a confusion here between State and city.

It is like Sao Paulo State and Sao Paulo city, for Brazilian jurisprudence for example.

Fujairah is the State, but it has also the city Al Fujairah, much distance south the location those constructions.

The address means the state, but the location is Al Aqah Beach. It is not more specific because is a P.O.Box in a quite empty area in Dibba Road 99.

It is like New York state and New York city. A building in New York state does not really mean belonging to New York city.

In Dadna nearby has government local decisions for this Beach. All of course belongs under Ministry of Interior.

Artemco
Oct 12, 2011, 11:23 AM
Dadna and al Aqah have no population calculations.

For the quesite LOW, it has several structures in database of 1m or less than 10m, so why continues this ethernal discussion?

Simply we don't delete them, but no more low structures have to be added cause they look poorly in diagram.

M.K.
Oct 12, 2011, 12:47 PM
1. Dadna and al Aqah have no population calculations.

2.Simply we don't delete them, but no more low structures have to be added cause they look poorly in diagram.

1. For sure it is difficult to find official sources because the floating and not fixed registrations for a own residents is great, comparing very few emirates. Then it is difficult to find out.
2. Well, not sure about your opinion in this, because some wide spread buildings like the one here, a resort, came very recognizable. It must be written somewhere, like I did in past, and probably the thread you deleted, those 'new' unofficial rules. Sincerely, what is limit low? All depends on a referencial and for specifically type a structure. This seems personal, but as you as editor only you makes at least 90% of entries in this area ALONE / 37, well, becomes too personal from you only, not a standard rule. I agree only for very thin monuments ... >>> Seems without solution then <<< Adm seem not concerning !

I really don't know, why I care about quality in database ... brings nothing. Not my page at all. Maybe I take serious my hobby too much, should leave to forget like more or less is... will never got a change. :sleep: Better thousand 300m empty diagram highrises then, although a drawing more. PERIOD

***** Anyway the name of Le Meridien is wrong. It is Le Meridien Fujairah Hotel. City is not Al Fujairah, but Al Aqah. 'Al' means in arabic 'the'. A State can never be 'al', just the city ~ 80 km away this area. How quality is bad here. Sorry about saying. I did better in past, really!