|You are viewing a trimmed-down version of the SkyscraperPage.com discussion forum. For the full version follow the link below.|
View Full Version : What do you like about Boston?
May 24, 2012, 2:34 PM
What do you like about Boston?
Jul 8, 2012, 4:57 AM
The density, history, walkability, and topography (hills, river, harbor)
Mar 19, 2013, 8:58 PM
Hello, all. I'm coming to Boston on a business trip, April 21-23. I'll be following this thread (perfect timing!) so share anything I should see. Only free after 4:30 each day.
Mar 21, 2013, 11:27 PM
Planning a 2 day trip in Mid May. Was wondering on getting from Logan to downtown. Suggestions for a reasonable hotel, (mostly a good bed) and some pub suggestions for a neighbourly feel. Just two retired army buds, for a boys week-end and cold local beers.
May 1, 2013, 10:13 AM
From a native. I posted this in another thread but here you go. Besides all the touristy stuff these should do you good. I love to walk in cities and these are all must to treks
1) HarborWalk from North End to Seaport District
2)Walk from Public Garden down Comm Ave to Mass Ave, cross over and walk back down either Boylston or Newbury St back to the Public Garden area and have a bite to eat at a sidewalk cafe during your walk
3) Harvard Square ( I know, it's in Cambridge)
4) Coolidge Corner
5) Walk along Memorial Drive from Longfellow Bridge to Harvard and do take a few minutes to walk around some of the campus , you'll pass MIT along the way (again, i know, it's Cambridge)
6) North End-this should have been first but i tried to stay away from the most touristy places because you already know about those
7) Beacon Hill-walk from the State House down to Charles St. and either go straight to the Esplanade or left to the Common and continue back towards downtown/Financial district
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.