PDA

View Full Version : Best pizza joint

bornagainbiking
Apr 13, 2013, 10:25 AM
Started a quest like those ladies from Dundas and their Best burger search.
So mine is pizza. I did the inaugural run last night but reserve comment for now.
Where do you feel is the best old standby (Level playing field) pepperoni pizza?

CaptainKirk
Apr 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
1. Bella Pizza, 455 Barton St E., just west of Wentworth. A hole in the wall that's been there for years, changed owners and retained the fantastic recipe.

2. Na Roma, 215 Locke St. S. http://www.naroma.ca/

durandy
Apr 13, 2013, 1:25 PM
Bread Bar.

Chicago pizza shack is good but overhyped.

mattgrande
Apr 13, 2013, 1:25 PM
I can't remember the name offhand (I'm sure someone will remember, it's been there for years). It's on James South, on the East side of the street. You have to go down a few steps to get into it. Really great pizza.

Edit: As soon as I hit post, I remembered. It's Bronzie's.

realcity
Apr 13, 2013, 1:27 PM
Emerald Pizza @ Barton and Emerald (for take out)

Chicago Style. @ U Sherman and Brucedale (for eat in)

ihateittoo
Apr 13, 2013, 4:13 PM
Captain Kirk nailed it.
Especially for 2 different styles of pizza.

Na Roma is a bit more "refined". Their pizzas are huge but still not expensive and also delicious.
Bella is your classic east end take out/delivery pizza joint, I have many friends who live all over the city and still order from bella. It's like a cult of Bella.

When I am back in town and I want a slice in the core I can't help but go to National at king and james for a Greek slice. They are the friendliest and the pizzas always fresh because of the high turn over.

realcity
Apr 13, 2013, 5:25 PM
Captain Kirk nailed it.
Especially for 2 different styles of pizza.

Na Roma is a bit more "refined". Their pizzas are huge but still not expensive and also delicious.
Bella is your classic east end take out/delivery pizza joint, I have many friends who live all over the city and still order from bella. It's like a cult of Bella.

When I am back in town and I want a slice in the core I can't help but go to National at king and james for a Greek slice. They are the friendliest and the pizzas always fresh because of the high turn over.

The poll to level the field was just for Pepperoni Pizza only.

SteelTown
Apr 13, 2013, 5:42 PM
Cafe Palazzo at Upper James. Best stuffed pizza in town.

Pearlstreet
Apr 13, 2013, 11:49 PM
Na Roma on Locke, hands down.

bornagainbiking
Apr 13, 2013, 11:52 PM
Well, last night tried the Attic again. Place was packed. Old fashion thin crust with lots of cheese and pepperoni. Like a New Yorker. Price was reasonable for the house selections.
People here rave about the nostalgic draw of Mothers, so it is on my list. Good luck....
Yes, Bella's is good and I have had a few, but only when I am down that way.

movingtohamilton
Apr 14, 2013, 2:39 AM
Na Roma on Locke, hands down.

Had Na Roma sample today at Food and Drink Fest. Amazing.

Pearlstreet
Apr 14, 2013, 5:03 AM
Had Na Roma sample today at Food and Drink Fest. Amazing.

Great spot on Locke, stone oven, nice resto, good food with wonderful street-side patio. Good looking staff... What more whould you want?

movingtohamilton
Apr 14, 2013, 1:41 PM
Great spot on Locke, stone oven, nice resto, good food with wonderful street-side patio. Good looking staff... What more whould you want?

I'd like the under-new-ownership bagel place on Locke to use Na Roma's stone oven during off-hours: bake real bagels ("Montreal style"), not the ones that are bread disguised as bagels! lol.