PDA

View Full Version : Possible Iconic Structure for Portland?

nxnw
Mar 7, 2014, 7:07 PM
As everyone knows, Portland is a city with short buildings. There are many reason for this, height limits, FAR, seismic code, no big companies, bedrock etc.
So let's say hypothetically that Portland is to get a new tallest building:
1. How tall would it be?
2. What would it look like?
3. What block would it be on?

If anyone has good photoshop/design skills, make a picture!

There is always reason to dream.

nxnw
Mar 7, 2014, 7:34 PM
In my mind a 600' to 650' tower would be a good fit. Tall enough to be a focal point in the city but not so tall to get everyone worried about their views.
As for looks, I am partial to a conservative modern style, which combines the traditional rectangle with complimentary curvature, much like the Two International Finance Center in Hong Kong, but sof course about half that height.

http://www.arup.com/~/media/Images/Projects/T/Two_international_Finance_Centre/Teasers/IFC2_218x175_nug5_credit_Camera_Vision_Studio.ashx?bc=ffffff&as=1&mw=218&thn=0&w=218

For location, two blocks that seem perfect in my mind are: 1. The food cart block on Washington and 10th and 2. The Parking Garage with Tiffany's on 4th and Yamhill.
Both spots are centrally located and would place the new building between the US Bank and Wells Fargo buildings.

dubu
Mar 7, 2014, 11:38 PM
id rather have more shorter buildings then one big one.

then have them acrost the river from south water front

urbanlife
Mar 8, 2014, 3:06 AM
In my mind a 600' to 650' tower would be a good fit. Tall enough to be a focal point in the city but not so tall to get everyone worried about their views.
As for looks, I am partial to a conservative modern style, which combines the traditional rectangle with complimentary curvature, much like the Two International Finance Center in Hong Kong, but sof course about half that height.

http://www.arup.com/~/media/Images/Projects/T/Two_international_Finance_Centre/Teasers/IFC2_218x175_nug5_credit_Camera_Vision_Studio.ashx?bc=ffffff&as=1&mw=218&thn=0&w=218

For location, two blocks that seem perfect in my mind are: 1. The food cart block on Washington and 10th and 2. The Parking Garage with Tiffany's on 4th and Yamhill.
Both spots are centrally located and would place the new building between the US Bank and Wells Fargo buildings.

The mini version of this building is in Jersey City at 781ft.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/30hudson.jpg/454px-30hudson.jpg

2oh1
Mar 8, 2014, 3:31 AM
Can you imagine the debates and uproar if we do get a proposal for a new tallest in Portland? I'd really like a central 600 footer. Big Pink looks so alone over there, in a cityscape view. In a perfect world, a new tallest would have some sort of very prominent ornamental and, dare I say iconic, top. Could you imagine a 100 foot windmill on top of a new 600 foot skyscraper? It'd be a bold statement about Portland's values, even if the thing only generated enough energy to power lights to highlight the windmill after dark! That'd be kind of funny, actually. Still, it'd be a great symbol.

On the other hand... a 600 footer sure would complicate matters for any currently stalled project. That'd be a lot of office real estate to suddenly open up.

Eh... it's probably a few decades away anyway... Dreaming, dreaming dreaming...

Sioux612
Mar 8, 2014, 6:10 AM
Locations:

Next to the Portland Plaza building

Next to the Galleria building

Portland Pearl post office site

Next to the proposed James Beard market/tower

Design:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/63747000/jpg/_63747358_view_aerial_5.jpg

The Shard

maccoinnich
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM
The top 10 tallest buildings in Portland are presently:

1 Wells Fargo Center 546'
2 U.S. Bancorp Tower 536'
3 KOIN Center 509'
4 PacWest Center 418'
5 Fox Tower Fox Tower Portland 372'
6 Standard Insurance Center 367'
=7 John Ross Tower 325'
=7 The Ardea 325'
=7 Mirabella Tower 325'
10 Congress Center 321'

I don't think it's very likely that there's going to be anything taller than Wells Fargo built in the next few years. However, this list is highly likely to include a couple new entrants in a very short amount of time:

3 KOIN Center 509'
4 Park Avenue West 460' [under construction]
5 PacWest Center 418'
6 Fox Tower Fox Tower Portland 372'
7 Standard Insurance Center 367'
8 Park Central 350' [passed design review, under review for building permit]
=9 John Ross Tower 325'
=9 The Ardea 325'

Honorable mentions also need to go the new ZGF/Unico building in the Pearl at 250' [currently in design review], the Skylab Burnside Bridgehead project at 210' [currently in design review], and block 101 of Hassalo on 8th at 250' [under construction] So for the size queens amongst you, there's plenty to look forward to.

GreenLivingDave
Mar 8, 2014, 11:23 PM
Portland may not have the most dramatic skyline, but it lives better at the street level than I think any other US city. I'm with dabom, I'd much rather have more shorter, human scale, buildings that are friendly at the street level, than super tall ones.

philopdx
Mar 9, 2014, 2:20 AM
The top 10 tallest buildings in Portland are presently:

3 KOIN Center 509'
4 Park Avenue West 460' [under construction]
5 PacWest Center 418'
6 Fox Tower Fox Tower Portland 372'
7 Standard Insurance Center 367'
8 Park Avenue West 350' [passed design review, under review for building permit]
=9 John Ross Tower 325'
=9 The Ardea 325'

You lost me at #8. Which building is that?

maccoinnich
Mar 9, 2014, 2:37 AM
Brain freeze; that should have read Park Central (i.e., Pearl Block 15). Edited original post.

urbanlife
Mar 9, 2014, 5:51 AM
Locations:

Next to the Portland Plaza building

Next to the Galleria building

Portland Pearl post office site

Next to the proposed James Beard market/tower

I have always imagined that Portland's new tallest would happen on the parking lot next to the Galleria, something in the 600-750ft range.

As for the Post Office building site, I have always wanted to see a sort of mini Rockefeller Plaza style center.

bvpcvm
Mar 9, 2014, 6:40 AM
Ugh, that would be the worst place possible for a new building. That block is so full of energy and people, with all those food carts, I'd hate to see it disappear. The best thing that could happen to that block would be for the parking to replaced with a farmer's market - food carts on the outside, where they are now, market stands inside, maybe a roof over the whole thing (think Director Park).

urbanlife
Mar 9, 2014, 6:33 PM
Ugh, that would be the worst place possible for a new building. That block is so full of energy and people, with all those food carts, I'd hate to see it disappear. The best thing that could happen to that block would be for the parking to replaced with a farmer's market - food carts on the outside, where they are now, market stands inside, maybe a roof over the whole thing (think Director Park).

Actually anything that went into that parking lot I would want to see incorporate the food carts, a building that only took up have the block with the southern portion being a food cart plaza of sorts. Though I will say, I had always thought that would be a good lot for Portland's tallest building long before the food carts have ever come along. Something the food carts will need to evolve with as Portland continues to grow and downtown continues to fill in.

Welkin
Mar 10, 2014, 2:18 AM
I would also stick the tallest building at 10th and Washington. I think this building would blend in nice. Its the Figueroa and Wilshire building in Los Angeles at 717ft.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FigueroaWilshire.jpg

2oh1
Mar 10, 2014, 6:40 AM
Could you imagine how great it would be if that 10th and Washington lot became a skyscraper that had an open air base, filled around the outer perimeter with food carts? Look at Well's Fargo tower. Look at the space between the tower and the sidewalk. What a waste. Visually, it looks nice - especially from a distance - but the building has no interaction with the street. It's pushed back and closed off. I would love to see a skyscraper that utilizes that space for the good of the city rather than walling itself off from the city.

Derek
Mar 10, 2014, 7:02 AM
Could you imagine how great it would be if that 10th and Washington lot became a skyscraper that had an open air base, filled around the outer perimeter with food carts? Look at Well's Fargo tower. Look at the space between the tower and the sidewalk. What a waste. Visually, it looks nice - especially from a distance - but the building has no interaction with the street. It's pushed back and closed off. I would love to see a skyscraper that utilizes that space for the good of the city rather than walling itself off from the city.

The 76 station, the parking garage and that awkward triangle shaped lot and another parking garage next to it aren't the greatest neighbors either. I don't care if Portland ever gets a new tallest, that 76 station has got to go!

2oh1
Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 AM
Derek - I agree. I'd love a new tallest, but really, I'd worry about it too. Anything big that creates that much new office space is going to slow down or even halt potential development in areas that need it more. You've mentioned a few, and I'd add the old gas station lot on Columbia and Broadway, along with the lot on SW 3rd & Taylor.

urbanlife
Mar 10, 2014, 3:27 PM
I would also stick the tallest building at 10th and Washington. I think this building would blend in nice. Its the Figueroa and Wilshire building in Los Angeles at 717ft.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FigueroaWilshire.jpg

Something about that size would look great, though I would prefer better architecture, but I am not a fan of post modern architecture.

davehogan
Mar 11, 2014, 5:47 AM
I'd rather have PAW, Park Central, Hassalo at 8th (or whatever it's called) than one 800 ft building. Oh, and the new Convention Center Hotel should make a difference also.

I was near Bunk Bar on the East Side this weekend and saw the PAW crane, and a few blocks away saw the 8th/Hassalo crane. Those are going to change the skyline in a great way for Portland. I mean, four true high rise buildings at once in a city the size of Portland is pretty awesome, and that doesn't even count other proposed projects that could end up overlapping as well.

If the current demand keeps up for buildings like those we'll get a new tallest soon enough. There's already a bit of office space, and highrise residential requires a wealthy population base that's still questionable.

urbanlife
Mar 11, 2014, 5:28 PM
I'd rather have PAW, Park Central, Hassalo at 8th (or whatever it's called) than one 800 ft building. Oh, and the new Convention Center Hotel should make a difference also.

I was near Bunk Bar on the East Side this weekend and saw the PAW crane, and a few blocks away saw the 8th/Hassalo crane. Those are going to change the skyline in a great way for Portland. I mean, four true high rise buildings at once in a city the size of Portland is pretty awesome, and that doesn't even count other proposed projects that could end up overlapping as well.

If the current demand keeps up for buildings like those we'll get a new tallest soon enough. There's already a bit of office space, and highrise residential requires a wealthy population base that's still questionable.

Oh I agree, that is what makes Portland so great, it isn't one tall building, it is all the little buildings and the activity at the street level. Personally I couldn't care less if Portland ever built a new tallest, but if it ever did I would want to see it push the levels of sustainability and energy reuse in a building so that a new tallest won't be just a generic new tower.

With the new buildings on Hassalo, I hope we get to see a building boom of 50-350ft mixed use buildings throughout that district, as well as along MLK and Grand on the Eastside.

robocop
Mar 13, 2014, 7:52 AM
I'd love to see all of those surface parking lots between SW 4th and SW Naito, spanning from Washington to Ash, replaced with some 400-500 footers. There are currently about 8 surface lots in that 16 block section. It'd be really interesting to see some legitimate height hugging the river in the main downtown core.

pdxf
Mar 13, 2014, 8:49 AM
I want to see a new Portland tallest (and a collection of other tallish buildings) at the east end of the Steel Bridge. It's a challenging area, but I think it could be a great area to develop better. Simplify the roads/transit in that area, drop in a few towers, cover the railroad tracks and form stronger connections down to the river and esplenade. The towers would have incredible views of the river and downtown and could form a nice terminus to the Lloyd District, perhaps having the buildings get taller as they approach the river.

riterpdx
May 6, 2014, 12:34 AM
I've been digging through a lot of the threads on the site including the "why can't we have buildings like this" thread and through the threads I have noticed that people sometimes mention that Portland doesn't quite have an "iconic" structure or at least not one that's extremely memorable. Figured I would start this thread for people to discuss about past/present/future possible iconic structures in Portland.

What would you have like to have been built that never saw the light of day? Like the SMART tower for example.

What kind of structure do you think would best fit in Portland? (probably not a ball-on-a-stick observation tower, right?)

Where in the city would you think it would do best?

my personal ideas:

Some sort of observation tower would be nice on the Zidell property, I imagine it would have a great view of downtown, the river and bridges, Lloyd area, the east side, and OHSU. Since it is near the SOWA towers it wouldn't look too out of place even if it was pretty tall (Portland's tallest?) and may even serve as the connecting structure/area that may unite downtown and SoWa a little better. Plus since it will be near the new MAX and Streetcar line, it will be taking advantage of Portland's public transportation. Now I'm no expert so I can't quite say what effect it would have on the adjacent neighorhoods, maybe someone can speculate?

Driving down I-5, the ferris wheel for the Cinco De Mayo celebration looks really nice in its location in my opinion. Maybe a permanent ferris wheel (With closed cars/carriages/whatever they're called so it can be functional even in the rain) would make a nice addition to our waterfront.

anyways... shoot!

Derek
May 6, 2014, 12:50 AM
SW 10th and Washington is my ideal site for a new tallest tower, somewhere in the 700-750 foot range. Nothing too extreme. Maybe an office/residential mix like PAW, just bigger and with more glass.

I agree with the ferris wheel idea, a permanent one on the waterfront would be awesome.

urbanlife
May 6, 2014, 1:55 AM
SW 10th and Washington is my ideal site for a new tallest tower, somewhere in the 700-750 foot range. Nothing too extreme. Maybe an office/residential mix like PAW, just bigger and with more glass.

I agree with the ferris wheel idea, a permanent one on the waterfront would be awesome.

I agree, that is the site I would love to see something in the 700-750 range as well. Nothing too extreme, but something that would stand out. I would love to see it be a building that only takes up the northern half of the block and then have some sort of food cart square on the southern portion of the block.

MarkDaMan
May 6, 2014, 2:06 AM
I actually really hope Portland doesn't join the ferris wheel bandwagon.

riterpdx
May 6, 2014, 8:43 AM
I actually really hope Portland doesn't join the ferris wheel bandwagon.

Even if it wasn't a ferris wheel I think Waterfront park could use some sort of attraction like it. I'm sure it is probably the most popular park for tourists so you would think there would be some other attraction other then a 4 person bike ride.

riterpdx
May 6, 2014, 8:54 AM
I agree, that is the site I would love to see something in the 700-750 range as well. Nothing too extreme, but something that would stand out. I would love to see it be a building that only takes up the northern half of the block and then have some sort of food cart square on the southern portion of the block.

I have noticed that block is pretty close to PAW and not too far from Big Pink as well so I agree that would be a great location for a new tallest, it would definitely fill that gap between Fox tower (well PAW once it's finished) and Big Pink, evening out the skyline a bit while making it more complex at the same time. Also Because PAW and BP are pretty stylish I think that building could get away with being pretty darn flashy without looking too out of place. One can only dream though.. *sigh

Adding space for the food carts would also be an excellent way to keep pedestrians happy :cheers:

I do think that maybe there should be a new tall or tallest built somewhere adjacent to the Wells Fargo Center so it could take away some attention away from it. Not a big fan of it being our tallest/most iconic at the moment but I think the unusual architecture would make a good sidekick to a sleeker building.

One can only dream, right?

urbanlife
May 7, 2014, 1:29 AM
I have noticed that block is pretty close to PAW and not too far from Big Pink as well so I agree that would be a great location for a new tallest, it would definitely fill that gap between Fox tower (well PAW once it's finished) and Big Pink, evening out the skyline a bit while making it more complex at the same time. Also Because PAW and BP are pretty stylish I think that building could get away with being pretty darn flashy without looking too out of place. One can only dream though.. *sigh

Adding space for the food carts would also be an excellent way to keep pedestrians happy :cheers:

I do think that maybe there should be a new tall or tallest built somewhere adjacent to the Wells Fargo Center so it could take away some attention away from it. Not a big fan of it being our tallest/most iconic at the moment but I think the unusual architecture would make a good sidekick to a sleeker building.

One can only dream, right?

My dream building for Portland, which it is a shame it is getting built in Seattle is this building. At 660ft it would look perfect in the Portland skyline.

http://www.djc.com/stories/images/20130214/5thandColumbiaskyline_big.jpg

Derek
May 7, 2014, 1:38 AM
Give it a few years, with office vacancy rates falling, Portland is bound to get a new tallest sooner rather than later.

philopdx
May 7, 2014, 3:15 AM
The difference in expectations between Seattle and Portland are striking. I'd be thrilled - and I mean THRILLED - to get any of the squat buildings in the foreground added to our skyline. 17 floors? F&%^ YEA!

Sioux612
May 7, 2014, 6:06 AM
The difference in expectations between Seattle and Portland are striking. I'd be thrilled - and I mean THRILLED - to get any of the squat buildings in the foreground added to our skyline. 17 floors? F&%^ YEA!

It really is.

It's not close -- it's almost like comparing Salem to Portland.

riterpdx
May 7, 2014, 8:03 AM
It really is.

It's not close -- it's almost like comparing Salem to Portland.

Agreed :haha: I lived in Salem before I lived in Portland and you shoulda seen how fascinated I was at first at how "tall" Portland buildings were! haha

dkealoha
May 7, 2014, 4:17 PM
Even if it wasn't a ferris wheel I think Waterfront park could use some sort of attraction like it. I'm sure it is probably the most popular park for tourists so you would think there would be some other attraction other then a 4 person bike ride.

Maybe the James Beard market is the beginning of this, but how awesome would it be for Naito Pkwy. to have shops & restaurants facing the park. We've got great food & bars. Why are none of them next to one of the city's greatest assets?

Agree that the empty block across from the Indigo/12 West would be perfect for a new tallest. All of the retail around that block is awesome and it's sad to have a huge empty gravel lot smack in the middle of it. Would also connect the Pearl to the West End better.

2oh1
May 7, 2014, 9:30 PM
Maybe the James Beard market is the beginning of this, but how awesome would it be for Naito Pkwy. to have shops & restaurants facing the park. We've got great food & bars. Why are none of them next to one of the city's greatest assets?

That's easy to answer. Naito isn't pedestrian friendly. It's five lanes of fast moving traffic, and it has many lanes of entrances and exists feeding into it. Naito is terrible. Naito is an obstacle that removes Waterfront Park from downtown. Yes, yes, Waterfront Park is downtown, but it isn't really part of downtown. Could you imagine how thriving Naito would be if it was just a typical city street? Naito is terrible.

It's tragic how much traffic gets fed through the heart of the city rather than around it.

2oh1
May 7, 2014, 9:43 PM
As much as I'd like to see a new tallest built, I'd rather see currently stalled projects built first. I'm more interested in what it's like to live and work in our city than how Portland looks on a post-card. We still have so many surface parking lots - and worse: vacant lots like SW Columbia & Broadway, 3rd & Taylor, 11th & Washington...

A new tallest would generate so much hype, but developing those vacant lots and surface parking lots would do much more good for our city.

Sioux612
May 8, 2014, 4:24 AM
Talking about locations I think there are two that ought to be a priority:

The dirt field in the heart of downtown near the Mark Hatfield building

The Oak Tower hole.

riterpdx
May 8, 2014, 7:13 AM
That's easy to answer. Naito isn't pedestrian friendly. It's five lanes of fast moving traffic, and it has many lanes of entrances and exists feeding into it. Naito is terrible. Naito is an obstacle that removes Waterfront Park from downtown. Yes, yes, Waterfront Park is downtown, but it isn't really part of downtown. Could you imagine how thriving Naito would be if it was just a typical city street? Naito is terrible.

It's tragic how much traffic gets fed through the heart of the city rather than around it.

Who knows maybe the addition of the James Beard Market might create enough pedestrian buzz that the city will put measures in to slow down traffic and make it more ped. friendly and at the same time convince drivers to find another route..

another idea for a new icon.. and I know it's been discussed and possibly proposed.. but Marquam bridge has got to go! And get replaced with a nice new beautiful bridge painted in an appealing color.. I would vote for a steel through arch so that it kinda matches the Fremont since they're both Portland's freeway bridges..

EastsideView
May 8, 2014, 3:44 PM
I have said on other sites that a iconic tower like the "Smart Tower" should be placed at the Rose Quarter area (near transit, hotels, convention center, etc.). The view up and down the river would not be matched. Having the tower near the Lloyd District would create a sense of a second downtown immediately. It creates a great beacon for people coming from the North (Hey Seattle, here I am!!!). I would hope it would push 1,000 feet in order to let people see the Tualatin Valley (Silicon Forest visit or winery tour anyone?).

I love the idea of a ferris wheel on the waterfront (near the Morrison Bridge?) that brings people there year round.

EV

Sioux612
May 9, 2014, 2:10 AM
I loved this concept:

http://media.katu.com/images/080916_SM-ART_tower_470.jpg
http://blog.oregonlive.com/opinion_impact/2008/09/medium_Smart%20Tower.JPG

urbanlife
May 9, 2014, 3:49 AM
Who knows maybe the addition of the James Beard Market might create enough pedestrian buzz that the city will put measures in to slow down traffic and make it more ped. friendly and at the same time convince drivers to find another route..

another idea for a new icon.. and I know it's been discussed and possibly proposed.. but Marquam bridge has got to go! And get replaced with a nice new beautiful bridge painted in an appealing color.. I would vote for a steel through arch so that it kinda matches the Fremont since they're both Portland's freeway bridges..

I actually don't mind the under-truss Marquam bridge. The only real issue is below the bridge by SoWa, and they seem to be accounting for that with future developments around the bridge.

riterpdx
May 9, 2014, 7:07 AM
I have said on other sites that a iconic tower like the "Smart Tower" should be placed at the Rose Quarter area (near transit, hotels, convention center, etc.). The view up and down the river would not be matched. Having the tower near the Lloyd District would create a sense of a second downtown immediately. It creates a great beacon for people coming from the North (Hey Seattle, here I am!!!). I would hope it would push 1,000 feet in order to let people see the Tualatin Valley (Silicon Forest visit or winery tour anyone?).

I love the idea of a ferris wheel on the waterfront (near the Morrison Bridge?) that brings people there year round.

EV

I agree that would be a cool spot to put an observation tower, I noticed theres an empty lot across from the convention center and next to I-5 that might be suitable, I remember reading a thread that showed there was gonna be a mid-rise built there a few years back.. anyway yeah that would be a cool area specially since they're trying to make that part of lloyd more pedestrian friendly I'm sure an observation tower would help the cause. I'm not sure about 1000 ft though, feel like it would be the Burj Khalifa of Portland.. stick out way too tall Specially since the rest of the Lloyd is 300-ft. Maybe 700-800ft ?

And yeah the ferris wheel (or other ride/attraction) would do great between Morrison and Burnside.. specially if its near the newly proposed James Beard Market..

dubu
May 11, 2014, 2:40 AM
id like a funny one like a big donut that you can go inside

GreenLivingDave
May 12, 2014, 5:14 AM
What about a tall one with really colorful glass?

http://media.techeblog.com/elephant//ul/47556-450x-s_6.jpg

riterpdx
May 12, 2014, 10:36 PM
What about a tall one with really colorful glass?

http://media.techeblog.com/elephant//ul/47556-450x-s_6.jpg

I can totally see something like this do well in the middle of artsy-fartsy Portland! :tup:

riterpdx
May 12, 2014, 10:37 PM
I actually don't mind the under-truss Marquam bridge. The only real issue is below the bridge by SoWa, and they seem to be accounting for that with future developments around the bridge.

What sort of developments?

urbanlife
May 13, 2014, 2:47 AM
What sort of developments?

Mostly just the planned OHSU campus that will go in by this. I remember seeing some images from it that looked really interesting.

Derek
May 13, 2014, 3:56 AM
The area directly under/around the Marquam Bridge will always be a dead zone. The power station that's there ruins any potential that it might have. The are between the Marquam Bridge and the Ross Island Bridge, basically the entirety of SW Moody south of the Marquam Bridge, looks very promising though and has a ton of potential.

riterpdx
May 14, 2014, 1:59 AM
The area directly under/around the Marquam Bridge will always be a dead zone. The power station that's there ruins any potential that it might have. The are between the Marquam Bridge and the Ross Island Bridge, basically the entirety of SW Moody south of the Marquam Bridge, looks very promising though and has a ton of potential.

That area is the Zidell yards if I'm not mistaken? Excited to see what Zidell has in plan for that area.. they already did a swell job with the Emery!

ablerock
May 14, 2014, 2:42 PM
That area is the Zidell yards if I'm not mistaken? Excited to see what Zidell has in plan for that area.. they already did a swell job with the Emery!

Me too. The Emery is badass.

Photogeric
May 14, 2014, 10:44 PM

I'm sure if someone came calling with a big enough check, that power station would be moving in a second!

dubu
May 16, 2014, 6:36 PM
get rid of the freeway and power station and plant trees. then it would be like it originally was

2oh1
May 17, 2014, 5:53 PM
get rid of the freeway and power station and plant trees. then it would be like it originally was

You mean... before settlers arrived, when it was Native American land? Or, before people first arrived in North America after crossing the land bridge from Asia some 18,000 to 26,000 years ago? :uhh:

dubu
May 17, 2014, 6:11 PM
before power and cars. you ask a lot of questions but i like answering them i dont know why