PDA

View Full Version : Correction for all buildings under construction, on hold, proposed and stale proposal

antoun
Jul 7, 2015, 11:03 PM
MUST READ

Have a look at structures under construction, on hold, proposed and stale proposal. The point is many have the wrong status. For example Caliente Stadium (http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=106006), this stadium was completed in 2011. I made a thread about it and corrected many stuff about it but skyscraperpage did not complete this. There are many structures under construction, on hold and proposed in the years before 2015. This doesn't make sense and must corrected now.

There are many structures that need correction and skyscraperpage needs your help !

Please reply so i know this is working hahaha

Cheers

Genslou
Jul 9, 2015, 12:56 PM
MUST READ

Have a look at structures under construction, on hold, proposed and stale proposal. The point is many have the wrong status. For example Caliente Stadium (http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=106006), this stadium was completed in 2011. I made a thread about it and corrected many stuff about it but skyscraperpage did not complete this. There are many structures under construction, on hold and proposed in the years before 2015. This doesn't make sense and must corrected now.

There are many structures that need correction and skyscraperpage needs your help !

Please reply so i know this is working hahaha

Cheers

Truly agree. Skyscraperpage seriously needs to pay attention to each building's status, 'cuz almost every building's info aren't right, especially one of the buildings that were requested, as it was deleted or ignored.

antoun
Jul 10, 2015, 5:33 AM
Yeah that's right they seriously need to pay attention because this is the best skyscraper website it deserves more just only if they can see this :(

denconyny
Jul 10, 2015, 4:08 PM
Agree with all of the above posts, and especially with

"because this is the best skyscraper website it deserves more"

However, now with over 100,000 entries in the SP database of buildings and other structures, I would think that it could be expected that not every single entry is going to be perfect (although a lofty goal), especially with the continual changes happening in the real world. On the other hand, when posts are providing information on such changes in the Building Requests & Database Corrections (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29) sub-forum here, it seems like a lot of the posts just can sit for months, not get acted on, then just get deleted... and all the while corrections do not get made. And this is what can be of most concern here.

I also have to add that while maybe a number of the posts here in the Corrections sub-forum here maybe do not provide sufficient information/links, etc., for correction(s) to be made, conversely.... probably a greater number of these posts here (at least from my limited POV) do provide enough to probably warrant a correction to the SP database.

Are there enough bodies participating on the site who can check and research the info provided here, and make corrections if need be? Does SP maybe need a few more volunteers to step up to the plate and help out here to keep the database as up-to-date as possible? Or is there any other possibility that can help with keeping the database more current that is being overlooked or unmentioned?

My only motive here is to want this site to be the best of its kind, and up-to-date information is a big part being the best. An the last thing that I want is to appear critical, or as crossing over some line where I don't belong, but I only ask these questions in a constructive spirit. This sub-forum here currently has nearly 200 entries, some dating back several months. I'll be the first to say that there are many considerations to be satisfied before corrections/changes are to be made, yet it also seems as though a lot of these almost 200 entries here seem easy enough to resolve?

Are maybe more volunteer Moderators, Database Researchers, or such needed to expedite the Corrections sub-forum? And if such..... I won't say more.

:)

antoun
Jul 10, 2015, 11:18 PM
I completely agree and understand you are correct. Something has to be done. Hopefully they can see this.

Cheers mate

Anders Franzén
Jul 11, 2015, 9:28 PM
It's summer and that usually means little action on SSP. Few new drawings are being uploaded. It's a good idea having a drawing to upload if you want the staff to consider your requests.
Keep in mind that most of the staff are volunteers that have other things to do in life, apart from SSP. This time of year means vacation.

That being said, I would be happy to help, if help is needed.

antoun
Jul 11, 2015, 10:39 PM
Thank you, what would you be able to help in?

shaddorry
Aug 5, 2015, 11:42 PM
The Dubai One tower (711m) in Meydan, Dubai, UAE, is approved and a design is ready. Also there is a deadline: Opening ceremony is planned for 2020.

Dubai One Tower:
Gross floor area (GFA) – 350,000 sqm
Number of floors – 161
Resident population – 3,200
Hotel population – 456
Dimensions – 49m x 49m x 711m

In descending order, Dubai One Tower will feature: an observatory, sky terrace, and restaurant; penthouses; residential apartments; a five-star hotel; and, a yacht club and conservation area.

Skyscrapercity Forum
(http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1842862&page=2)

SwagMasterParakeet91
Aug 22, 2015, 3:26 AM
According to Wikipiedia,Skyscrapercenter, It will be completed in late 2015 or early 2016, Its still topped out and will become to 2nd tallest buiding;)

SwagMasterParakeet91
Aug 22, 2015, 3:27 AM
Other buildings are messed up status and needed to be fixed

Anders Franzén
Aug 24, 2015, 3:39 PM
Thank you, what would you be able to help in?

Adding missing data and doing corrections, rather than adding new buildings, I guess.

I don't see myself as limited to a specific region of the world.

antoun
Aug 24, 2015, 8:27 PM
Then that is more than perfect :)