PDA

View Full Version : Remove Redundant Submissions - Please & Thank-you

Kelvin
Nov 30, 2003, 2:31 PM
There seems to be an increasing number of submissions made which are redundant. If you notice that your first submission is not what you want (i.e. wrong image, size, format, etc.) and you then make another submission while the first is still pending approval, please kindly delete the first to help the Approvals process.

Buck
Nov 30, 2003, 7:03 PM
YES, PLEASE!

Thanks for posting this, Kelvin!

LMich
Nov 30, 2003, 7:26 PM
Can a regular illustrator actually delete something off of the "pending" page? I didn't think it was possible.

Buck
Nov 30, 2003, 7:58 PM
It is if it is your own, and that's all we are asking. Illustrators can access the "edit drawing" page for their own drawings, there they can be deleted.

realcity
Dec 3, 2003, 2:27 PM
I don't think it can be deleted? They don't appear in "your diagram" until it is approved.

Tony
Dec 3, 2003, 2:48 PM
Can you see "edit drawing" from the "Drawings Pending Approval" page?

realcity
Dec 3, 2003, 3:41 PM
No I can't see "edit drawing". I am using a Mac, does this affect the page? I have taken a screen capture. Do you need to see it?

Buck
Dec 3, 2003, 8:42 PM
You won't be able to see the "Edit Drawing" link because the diagrams pending approval is not your personal diagram. You will have to access the "Edit Drawing" page through the URL. You will get this URL after you submit the drawing (it will be the URL of the page you are sent to when you submit).

hunter wadle
Dec 7, 2003, 10:00 PM
This is confusing, I have two diagrams in there on accident.... I dont know how to delete the first one?

LeeWilson
Dec 10, 2003, 5:19 PM
I wanted to change a drawing I uploaded but I couldn't find the delete drawing option, so I didn't upload the improved one. The delete pending drawing option doesn't seem very easy to find.

caw123
Dec 10, 2003, 6:13 PM
Right, the way to delete a drawing pending approval is to go to this page while logged in

http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?XXXXX

XXXXX is the drawings Id, which you can discover by putting your cursor over the drawing, make sure you dont confuse the drawing Id with the Building Id.

You can delete it on that page.

Buck
Dec 10, 2003, 10:55 PM
Right! Thanks, Chris. :)

Kirk
Dec 12, 2003, 3:07 PM
People are still not paying attention to this...

John Hinds
Dec 12, 2003, 3:19 PM
I just had to delete 10 incorrect drawings from the pending approval page. :(

Buck
Dec 14, 2003, 7:21 PM
It's quite frustrating when I have to delete more drawings than I can approve.

Cliff
Dec 28, 2003, 10:46 AM
You won't be able to see the "Edit Drawing" link because the diagrams pending approval is not your personal diagram. You will have to access the "Edit Drawing" page through the URL. You will get this URL after you submit the drawing (it will be the URL of the page you are sent to when you submit).

Right, the way to delete a drawing pending approval is to go to this page while logged in

http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?XXXXX

XXXXX is the drawings Id, which you can discover by putting your cursor over the drawing, make sure you dont confuse the drawing Id with the Building Id.

You can delete it on that page.
That page does not bring us to how to delete the drawings in the pending approval area, it just explains to us what each term means.

Your instructions are not clear enough. We can't go back to that page once we have already submitted the drawing.

Ok, lets say I want to delete my ESB drawing
Will you be kind enough to tell us, step by step how to delete it.

The id no. is: 20783

There is a reason for everything, and when no one deletes their drawings, you don't just post a tread to tell us to delete them, you find out why, and that is because we don't know how to. And so it becomes your duty to teach us. Thank you.:)

caw123
Dec 28, 2003, 11:45 AM
That page does not bring us to how to delete the drawings in the pending approval area, it just explains to us what each term means.

Your instructions are not clear enough. We can't go back to that page once we have already submitted the drawing.

Ok, lets say I want to delete my ESB drawing
Will you be kind enough to tell us, step by step how to delete it.

The id no. is: 20783

Yes, I know that page explains what each term means, but thats not the page you need to go to, on the address http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?XXXXX You have to change the Xs to the drawings Id number yourself

The address you need to delete your drawing is: http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?20783

Cliff
Dec 28, 2003, 11:52 AM
Yes, I know that page explains what each term means, but thats not the page you need to go to, on the address http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?XXXXX You have to change the Xs to the drawings Id number yourself

The address you need to delete your drawing is: http://skyscraperpage.com/edit/drawing/?20783

:eek:
Ahh, thank you very much! :)
Now I know.;)

AtlanticaC5
Jan 27, 2004, 8:20 PM
Thanks for explaining! :D

caw123
Jan 27, 2004, 8:39 PM
There are currently 20 of the same drawing in the pending approval page. :no:

Buck
Jan 27, 2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah- I'd like to know why...

Jared
Jan 28, 2004, 12:29 AM
it could be that there are actually 20 different structures. realcity has submitted dozens of drawings, and we've never had this problem with him before

LMich
Jan 28, 2004, 12:32 AM
But 20 different structures all under the exact same name? I think it was a problem with the forum that might have done this, because usually, if there were 20 different structures they'd be numbered 1,2,3, and so on.

Buck
Jan 28, 2004, 12:43 AM
I should've looked at the ID numbers before! They are all different structures.

LMich
Jan 28, 2004, 12:47 AM
BTW, I still can't figure out for the life of me what they are, or there use. Does anyone know? They almost look like a fancy street lights or something.

Buck
Jan 28, 2004, 12:58 AM
I found out... kindof. Look here: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=123139

LMich
Jan 28, 2004, 1:03 AM
The link didn't work so I did a little research of my own. I was right they are glorified lighting. :)

Joern M
Jan 28, 2004, 8:56 AM
:tdown:
In my opinion it is enought to upload only one. It is a kind of "spaming the diagrams". No one is interrested to see ~17 equal drawings in the diagram of Austin. It is enought to upload only one and tell in the description that there were also 16 more of them.

Buck
Jan 28, 2004, 1:23 PM
I beg to differ. They are, from what I gather, landmarks- identical or not. They all are signifigant.

LMich
Jan 28, 2004, 6:30 PM
Well, it looked like someone erased them. But at the same time, there has to be a better way of adding 17 small and identical light posts.

Martin H Unzon
Apr 8, 2004, 5:34 AM
Please, 9 buildings appears with "delete" on mexico's database 4892, 10716, 28418, 19972, 27426, 17027, 28743, 3988, 6118
could somebody delete it?

John Hinds
Apr 8, 2004, 8:29 AM
They should be all gone now.