PDA

View Full Version : Seating

Matthew
Dec 27, 2003, 10:31 PM
Under "Edit status, dates, & numbers" could we get a new entry field called "Seating" to enter the number of seats in a structure. This would be useful for sports arenas, amphitheatres, performing arts centers and churches/cathedrals.

Thanks,

Matt D.

Buck
Dec 27, 2003, 11:50 PM
Good thinking!!

M II A II R II K
Dec 28, 2003, 12:01 AM
That's a great idea, and for other structures that warrant unique measurements.

Was also thinking that maybe the pages in the diagrams and cities section could have less of a plain looking white background like ss.com, might give it an even more professional look than it has now :)

Dylan Leblanc
Dec 29, 2003, 10:21 PM
Yes, good ideas! But it will be a while before I can make any changes. ;)

Buck
Dec 29, 2003, 11:56 PM
Dyl!! Its great to see that you are still alive! :)

Smiley Person
Dec 30, 2003, 1:19 AM
Just put it in the Description field for now. Or perhaps unit count? I guess a seat for a stadium would be the unit for a stadium?

Matthew
Dec 30, 2003, 6:26 AM
I think of units as residential apartments or condos inside a structure. I think it's better to have seats in the description field until Dylan can make the changes.

This " ;) " leads me to believe he is planning something big and can't tell us. :D

Dylan is back, just in time to see my to scale 3D model. I've almost got half of it done, just enough to present it on the forum. ;) It takes the software 3 min. to process each command, so it will be a while before it's 100% finished. I can then turn the perspective off and resize it for the diagrams. I need to work on it now, so I can show it this week!