PDA

View Full Version : YVR Airport & Sea Island Developments Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138

excel
Feb 18, 2018, 3:00 AM
Sheesh, a charter service. I wish we could get it back as a scheduled destination. They have planes that'll do it nonstop now.;)

They've had airplanes that could do it nonstop since 1989 so I guess you're on to something.

trofirhen
Feb 18, 2018, 3:24 AM
They've had airplanes that could do it nonstop since 1989 so I guess you're on to something.

I was being sardonic in the first place, but thanks for the feedback.:rolleyes:

Johnny Aussie
Feb 18, 2018, 5:55 AM
Latest schedule update has all flights to MSP, JFK and ATL being served by 180 seater 737-900ERs this summer.

Also, presently DL is running its weekly YVR-ATL flights on 757s.

nname
Feb 18, 2018, 6:50 AM
Latest schedule update has all flights to MSP, JFK and ATL being served by 180 seater 737-900ERs this summer.

Also, presently DL is running its weekly YVR-ATL flights on 757s.

4x weekly to ATL in Sept is new? or it was the same last year?

Johnny Aussie
Feb 18, 2018, 7:00 AM
4x weekly to ATL in Sept is new? or it was the same last year?

Definitely new from last year. ATL was seasonal summer only. They did have a crack at winter service in the past but this year has carried right through. Over Xmas peak it was running three weekly. It picks back up to 3 weekly in April before resuming daily in late May.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 18, 2018, 7:21 AM
Another observation I’ve made recently.

With the additional international flights being added, late evening operations at YVR international will get quite busy this summer.

On top of that US carriers will be operating 5 red eyes (6 on Saturdays) this summer adding to the volume of passengers as the late night transborder flights do not get pre-cleared.

Here’s the transborder schedule:

DL ATL 2230 739
DL DTW 2235 320 (Sat only)
UA ORD 2300 739
AA ORD 2300 73H
AA DFW 2320 73H
DL JFK 2355 739 (x Tue)

SpongeG
Feb 19, 2018, 8:45 AM
darn missed it

9s79Kwf9f70

deasine
Feb 19, 2018, 11:52 PM
Charter simply means they are not running regular scheduled service - so it can be very inconsistent. Air Transit has taking advantage of this type of service, and combined with its lower cost base, has made a very good business from Canada to Europe right until recent years with the influx of lower cost bases from Air Canada Rouge and Westjet competition.

Should SQ exercise its rights, this may be an attempt to review route viability to Canada and is a low risk way of doing so.

LeftCoaster
Feb 21, 2018, 12:58 AM
Another observation I’ve made recently.

With the additional international flights being added, late evening operations at YVR international will get quite busy this summer.

I landed last night on the 10:00PM arrival of AeroMexico from MEX and it was pretty damn busy on the intl pier.

China Eastern, China Southern, EVA, China Airlines, Cathay and a few Sunwing/Rouge odds and ends had almost all the gates filled. Far cry from several years ago when YVR was a relative ghost town in the evening.

Anecdotally my MEX flight was predominantly Latin Americans on board, with a healthy dose of Canadians returning from their sun pilgrimage. Fantastic flight too, very professional and helpful ground staff and flight crew.

Should SQ exercise its rights, this may be an attempt to review route viability to Canada and is a low risk way of doing so.

I wonder how much SQ could learn from non-scheduled flights though. The higher yields they would be chasing on a route like this need the scheduled service, unlike AT style vacation services.

casper
Feb 21, 2018, 5:02 AM
I landed last night on the 10:00PM arrival of AeroMexico from MEX and it was pretty damn busy on the intl pier.

China Eastern, China Southern, EVA, China Airlines, Cathay and a few Sunwing/Rouge odds and ends had almost all the gates filled. Far cry from several years ago when YVR was a relative ghost town in the evening.

Anecdotally my MEX flight was predominantly Latin Americans on board, with a healthy dose of Canadians returning from their sun pilgrimage. Fantastic flight too, very professional and helpful ground staff and flight crew.

I wonder how much SQ could learn from non-scheduled flights though. The higher yields they would be chasing on a route like this need the scheduled service, unlike AT style vacation services.

I don't think airlines like SQ are into operating public charters in the same way as AT. More likely the entire aircraft is charted by a single group. Government delighting on trade mission or head of state visit or a sports team or concert etc. Air Canada has their Jetz division that is dedicated to this activity.

whatnext
Feb 21, 2018, 9:03 PM
For those who might not have seen it, kinda cool:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PILOT SHARES HIS INCREDIBLE VIEW AS HE LANDS AN A380 AT VANCOUVER AIRPORT (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pilot-flight-deck-video-plane-landing-british-airways-a380-recording-film-vancouver-dave-wallsworth-a8216201.html)

s211
Feb 21, 2018, 11:22 PM
For those who might not have seen it, kinda cool:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PILOT SHARES HIS INCREDIBLE VIEW AS HE LANDS AN A380 AT VANCOUVER AIRPORT (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pilot-flight-deck-video-plane-landing-british-airways-a380-recording-film-vancouver-dave-wallsworth-a8216201.html)

pilotseye.tv also has a great range of landing videos to choose from. Very high quality.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 23, 2018, 10:28 PM
Here’s a cute clip produced by YVR highlighting the connectivity of YVR and the new route to MEL.

https://t.co/OLWf3mUMfc?ssr=true

thenoflyzone
Feb 24, 2018, 12:15 AM
Here’s a cute clip produced by YVR highlighting the connectivity of YVR and the new route to MEL.

https://t.co/OLWf3mUMfc?ssr=true

Kind of cheezy.

And saying "non stop direct" at the end is redundant. Non stop is enough.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 24, 2018, 12:22 AM
Kind of cheezy.

And saying "non stop direct" at the end is redundant. Non stop is enough.

A bit cheesy it is. And I also chuckled at the nonstop direct comment... quite redundant.

The marketing department at YVR is unique amongst Canadian airports... the CEO gets directly involved in these fun (sometimes a bit cheesy) videos.

Kudos to YVR though to thinking outside the box and not just be a stuffy corporate image. Their FB posts and tweets are also quite clever.

thenoflyzone
Feb 24, 2018, 3:30 PM
http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1387353&p=20199355#p20199355

Starting with next winter schedule the following flights will be transferred from Air Canada Rouge to Air Canada mainline. Boeing 7M8 aircraft will be used with an increase in frequency.
YVR-HNL 2 X Daily
YVR-OGG 2 X Daily
YVR-KOA 4 X Weekly
YVR-CUN 4 X Weekly
YVR-ZIH 3 X Weekly
YYC-OGG 4 X Weekly
YYC-CUN 3 X Weekly

Vancouver to Osaka will return to mainline May 2019 with Boeing 787 service, frequency to be firmed at later date.

connect2source
Feb 24, 2018, 4:23 PM
*edit ....great minds think alike 'thenoflyzone' .....Just reading on airliners.net that the following AC flights are returning to mainline from Rouge.

YVR-HNL 2 X Daily
YVR-OGG 2 X Daily
YVR-KOA 4 X Weekly
YVR-CUN 4 X Weekly
YVR-ZIH 3 X Weekly
YYC-OGG 4 X Weekly
YYC-CUN 3 X Weekly

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1387353

thenoflyzone
Feb 24, 2018, 6:48 PM
Hearing YVR-NGO is omitted, since it probably wont be returning for 2019.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 24, 2018, 7:12 PM
*edit ....great minds think alike 'thenoflyzone' .....Just reading on airliners.net that the following AC flights are returning to mainline from Rouge.

YVR-HNL 2 X Daily
YVR-OGG 2 X Daily
YVR-KOA 4 X Weekly
YVR-CUN 4 X Weekly
YVR-ZIH 3 X Weekly
YYC-OGG 4 X Weekly
YYC-CUN 3 X Weekly

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1387353

For YVR, those are some decent increases in capacity. Literally replacing each 763 with 2 7M8s per each flight. Except ZIH goes from 1 763 to 3 7M8s.

Until this is all announced officially I'll assume PVR and SJD will remain as last winter on mainline. They were transferred this winter already.

Now what remains to be seen is what will happen with PSP, PHX, LAS, MCO, NGO, DUB? DUB, PSP, PHX, LAS, MCO probably rotate through Eastern Canada. Perhaps NGO will get cut altogether?

That's fantastic that YVR will see more mainline product vs Rouge but not at the expense of reduced capacity on the above routes.

And the best news is getting KIX to mainline.

AC will have 15 long haul mainline destinations from YVR by summer 2019. A couple of years ago that was only 8.

osirisboy
Feb 24, 2018, 9:54 PM
Why is mainline better than rouge?

deasine
Feb 24, 2018, 9:57 PM

Hard Product: Rouge is often without in flight entertainment and higher density configuration whereas Mainline has better seats with inflight entertainment.

CareerShow
Feb 24, 2018, 10:25 PM

If you've ever flown on rouge, especially long haul you would understand. Horrific seat width and pitch, poor service from inexperienced and youthful flight attendants, and just overall less professional then mainline. Since both are the same price mainline offers a far superior product, this is far better.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 24, 2018, 10:31 PM
Hard Product: Rouge is often without in flight entertainment and higher density configuration whereas Mainline has better seats with inflight entertainment.

More complimentary items on long haul flights and better chance of better mileage accrual as well. Proper lie flat j class to KIX is a real winner.

mezzanine
Feb 24, 2018, 10:55 PM
better service (like free regular meals, alcoholic drinks, baggage allowance) mean a lot to a long TPAC flight. a full featured J -class (lie-flats) also will help with building sustainable revenue.

IMO I always felt bad about YVR-KIX being rouge'd as to me it's an important commercial area and metro area.

that being said, make no mistake - I'd rather have rouge service to a new area versus no service at all, but I'm glad KIX is mainline. Hopefully NGO remains.
----
What's happening with rouge then? where are they being redeployed?

Johnny Aussie
Feb 24, 2018, 11:31 PM
Assuming Westjet maintains its YVR frequencies...

Perhaps AC will have a crack at LIH too.

YVR-Hawaii will have 10-11 flights per day:

HNL 28pw
OGG 28pw
KOA 11pw
LIH 7pw

And flights to Mexico will jump to 21 weekly.

mezzanine
Feb 25, 2018, 12:35 AM
----
What's happening with rouge then? where are they being redeployed?

Ohhhh..... (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-earnings-1.4538499) what's stopping them from rouging most/all domestic flights?

Air Canada is looking to cut operating costs and defend against competition from upstart low-cost competitors by adding more planes to its Rouge fleet and flying them on regional routes within Canada.

Narrow-body Rouge planes that operate at lower cost could replace smaller regional aircraft operated by airline partners like Jazz on some routes.

For example, one of several flights per day on a popular route could be converted to an Airbus plane, industry analysts were told Friday.

Rouge aircraft are also available to compete if necessary with ultra low-cost carriers like WestJet's new Swoop subsidiary, Flair Airlines or Canada Jetlines.

"We needed to have the capability of introducing a lower-cost competitive vehicle, both on offence and on defence," Air Canada CEO Calin Rovinescu said during a conference call about its 2017 results.

The increased use of Rouge planes domestically is permitted under changes to the collective agreement with pilots negotiated last year.

Several more Rouge planes are being added this summer and once all Boeing 787s are delivered next year there will be no limit on the number or type of single-aisle planes that can be flown by Rouge.

Ben Smith, president of passenger airlines at Air Canada, said Rouge Airbus A320s and 321s can be converted to high density single class cabins or possibly another airplane type such as the Boeing 737 Max.

Lancaster
Feb 25, 2018, 1:03 AM
Ohhhh..... (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-earnings-1.4538499) what's stopping them from rouging most/all domestic flights?

Flying Rouge on many domestic routes is a really exciting development for AC in my opinion. I believe you could see mainline focus on hub-hub and hub-spoke flying for connecting/business/premium economy passengers, and Rouge taking on point-point O&D flying that the market won't support as a connection through YUL, YYZ and YVR.

For instance - maybe YWG - YXE is better served as Rouge, or seasonal winter weekly flying from YWG to CUN, or seasonal YWG - YYT. Opens up a whole new market segment that their premium-focused mainline can't really do.

CareerShow
Feb 25, 2018, 1:26 AM
Flying Rouge on many domestic routes is a really exciting development for AC in my opinion. I believe you could see mainline focus on hub-hub and hub-spoke flying for connecting/business/premium economy passengers, and Rouge taking on point-point O&D flying that the market won't support as a connection through YUL, YYZ and YVR.

For instance - maybe YWG - YXE is better served as Rouge, or seasonal winter weekly flying from YWG to CUN, or seasonal YWG - YYT. Opens up a whole new market segment that their premium-focused mainline can't really do.

For consumers this could be disasterous however. Not sure low cost carriers are really built for Canada. Rouge planes, much like Ryanair, easyjet etc. are Inhumane for flights over 2 hours for anyone over 5 foot 10. However, the nature of routes in Europe, Asia, and even the USA for low cost carriers focuses on short haul routes, with a maximum time of 2 hours for the most part. I'm Canada, most desired flights are over 4 hours, except for yyc and yeg. As a consumer however I think it's unfortunate mainline airlines are being forced to densify aircraft, making for a much more uncomfortable passenger experience. No question air travel in Canada is expensive, but the distances and nature of the population layout contribute heavily to this as well.

casper
Feb 25, 2018, 1:49 AM
For consumers this could be disasterous however. Not sure low cost carriers are really built for Canada. Rouge planes, much like Ryanair, easyjet etc. are Inhumane for flights over 2 hours for anyone over 5 foot 10. However, the nature of routes in Europe, Asia, and even the USA for low cost carriers focuses on short haul routes, with a maximum time of 2 hours for the most part. I'm Canada, most desired flights are over 4 hours, except for yyc and yeg. As a consumer however I think it's unfortunate mainline airlines are being forced to densify aircraft, making for a much more uncomfortable passenger experience. No question air travel in Canada is expensive, but the distances and nature of the population layout contribute heavily to this as well.

I don't think we will Rouge on the Vancouver to Toronto route or the Calgary to Toronto route. Air Canada can make money selling business class on these route. They also have the problem that some of the aircraft coming off the trans-pacific flights would sit in YVR for nearly a day if they did not do something else with the aircraft.

Where we may see more Rouge are these routes where AC struggles to sell business class seats. Victoria to Toronto is such a route.

SpongeG
Feb 25, 2018, 10:48 AM
How are the air Canada flights to Australia? comfortable? I am going in july, gonna be a long flight

Klazu
Feb 25, 2018, 4:17 PM
I have never flown Rouge and wonder how bad it must be, since even the mainline has poor seating in Economy if you are on a HD plane. I really don't know what sets AC apart flow the US airlines in Skytrax stars, as I struggle to see a difference.

connect2source
Feb 25, 2018, 4:23 PM
I have never flown Rouge and wonder how bad it must be, since even the mainline has poor seating in Economy if you are on a HD plane. I really don't know what sets AC apart flow the US airlines in Skytrax stars, as I struggle to see a difference.

Rouge is absolutely fine for 2-5 hour segments, recently flew Rouge YYZ-MIA, on an A319. Streaming service was great, fast, responsive with decent content, pitch was bearable, I'm only 5'7", I was able to order a hot business-class style meal off the BOB which was very tasty. Crew is younger and a little less polished but totally fine overall. Appearance of cabins vs mainline is better, there are new seats and larger bins.

I think was sets AC apart is the consistency of product. All mainline NB planes have almost the exact same cabins, IFE etc., in most US carriers it's luck of the draw, huge range in age, amenities IFE, style of seats etc..

casper
Feb 25, 2018, 4:39 PM
How are the air Canada flights to Australia? comfortable? I am going in july, gonna be a long flight

In comparison to United I would pick AC. AC has been working hard on making their product more consistent with the US airlines. Still find it slightly better.

casper
Feb 25, 2018, 4:44 PM

I have only done Rouge between Vancouver and Las Vegas. Business seats in the front are the same as any other AC flight. The back is quite a bit tighter.

AC has individual seat back entertainment displays at every seat on everything the size of a CRJ900 or larger (excluding Rouge). This is quite unique in comparison to the US airlines. They have had nothing for years. Recently they have been adding wifi based entertainment.

The in flight buy on board is much better on AC that United or Delta or American.

Meals in business are much better on AC than US airlines.

Lounge access is more widely available on AC than US airlines to people traveling business or higher tiers of the frequent flyer program.

moosejaw
Feb 25, 2018, 5:18 PM
I have only done Rouge between Vancouver and Las Vegas. Business seats in the front are the same as any other AC flight. The back is quite a bit tighter.

AC has individual seat back entertainment displays at every seat on everything the size of a CRJ900 or larger (excluding Rouge). This is quite unique in comparison to the US airlines. They have had nothing for years. Recently they have been adding wifi based entertainment.

The in flight buy on board is much better on AC that United or Delta or American.

Meals in business are much better on AC than US airlines.

Lounge access is more widely available on AC than US airlines to people traveling business or higher tiers of the frequent flyer program.

I flew united on a a319 from FLL to ORD and it had absolutely nothing, no tvs nothing. It was a flight special similar to spirit airlines, no luggage except a personal item and no seat selection. Still not bad for $79USD incl taxes

casper
Feb 26, 2018, 3:08 AM
I flew united on a a319 from FLL to ORD and it had absolutely nothing, no tvs nothing. It was a flight special similar to spirit airlines, no luggage except a personal item and no seat selection. Still not bad for $79USD incl taxes

Generally they don't have TVs on narrow body aircraft in the US. The few exceptions are JetBlue and some aircraft configured for International flights that happen to get used domestically.

The United buy on board is also hopeless. These boxes of junk food. At least AC food resembles real food.

SpongeG
Feb 26, 2018, 7:26 AM
i saw an airplane tonight at the terminal, it looked like a yellow gold circle with maybe a green palm tree on the tail with green writing on the body with a white body

anyone know what it could be? i couldn't get a good look at it

edit: maybe it was eva air? but its logo looked more of a solid yellow bacjkground

[Image removed as the original post does not contain the necessary credits]

Orcair
Feb 26, 2018, 1:34 PM
i saw an airplane tonight at the terminal, it looked like a yellow gold circle with maybe a green palm tree on the tail with green writing on the body with a white body

anyone know what it could be? i couldn't get a good look at it

Miami Air? Saudia? Iraq Airways? If not, could you tell if it was a wide-body (i.e. 777) or narrow-body (A320 or 737)?

nname
Feb 26, 2018, 8:46 PM
Now what remains to be seen is what will happen with PSP, PHX, LAS, MCO, NGO, DUB? DUB, PSP, PHX, LAS, MCO probably rotate through Eastern Canada. Perhaps NGO will get cut altogether?

Or rotate it with DUB plus new destination? HRB? CTS?? CJU??? or maybe a crack at LIM??

Since AC is also gradually replacing some matured TATL Rouge routes with B787 and A330... those Rouge 767s will need to go somewhere else....

zahav
Feb 26, 2018, 8:46 PM
Delta has added back the mid-day mainline flight to SEA (it had been showing in preliminary schedules a couple months back, but was revised to all Connection flights shortly after). It is operated by 737-900ER. YVR is definitely the 737-800 and -900 capital this summer!

LeftCoaster
Feb 27, 2018, 12:35 AM
Or rotate it with DUB plus new destination? HRB? CTS?? CJU??? or maybe a crack at LIM??

Since AC is also gradually replacing some matured TPAC Rouge routes with B787 and A330... those Route 767s will need to go somewhere else....

I'm hoping this gives us a new route but am assuming it means another 767 transitioned away from YVR.

If it does mean the 767 base closes in YVR then I think that will likely mean Dublin goes mainline. It is clearly performing well being bumped from 3xPW to 5xPW and service from YYZ and YUL just went mainline. As far as I know this is one of the only long-haul destinations AC serves with both mainline and Rouge aircraft.

With all that said I think there are several routes that would work well for Rouge and hope they base a few frames here permanently.

Summer:
FCO, BER, and DUB, all 3-5 times a week.

Winter is a bit tougher:
LIM, CTS, PPT also 3-5 times per week?

Alpine
Feb 27, 2018, 4:05 AM
KE's plans to use a 747-8i on the ICN-YVR route (June 1-October 27) have been cancelled; it will continue to be a low-season 787-9.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277051/korean-air-s18-changes-as-of-07feb18/

This means YVR will once again have no 747-8i flights. I don't know if Sea-Tac has any.

I wonder why AC's mainline/Rouge's short-haul product is consistently good (or at least okay) w.r.t. IFE, meals, selection of alcoholic drinks, overall experience, etc., while the domestic (and sometimes even international!) product of U.S. carriers is almost consistently terrible.

whatnext
Feb 27, 2018, 4:29 AM

Yeah exciting if you enjoy "race to the bottom" service and comfort. Rouge A319s should be registered as instruments of torture, the product in Y is so uncomfortable.

Johnny Aussie
Feb 27, 2018, 6:49 AM
KE's plans to use a 747-8i on the ICN-YVR route (June 1-October 27) have been cancelled; it will continue to be a low-season 787-9.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/277051/korean-air-s18-changes-as-of-07feb18/

This means YVR will once again have no 747-8i flights. I don't know if Sea-Tac has any.

Reported by me ages ago.

The 747-8i is one of the most uncommon widebody pax aircraft out there. Flown commercially by CA, LH and KE only. Only 36 frames flown by those three carriers. Very few airports see them on a regular basis.

SpongeG
Feb 27, 2018, 6:59 AM
Miami Air? Saudia? Iraq Airways? If not, could you tell if it was a wide-body (i.e. 777) or narrow-body (A320 or 737)?

none of those, was a widebody though, we had to sit on the tarmac or taxi area a while cause the gate we were going to use had a plane in it and I only caught glimpses of it through the windows on the other side from me. I didn't think to look when i went through the terminal. It was one I have never seen at YVR before. Perhaps a special stopover for the olympics coming back? It was at gate D55 I think.

CareerShow
Feb 28, 2018, 1:55 AM
I'm hoping this gives us a new route but am assuming it means another 767 transitioned away from YVR.

If it does mean the 767 base closes in YVR then I think that will likely mean Dublin goes mainline. It is clearly performing well being bumped from 3xPW to 5xPW and service from YYZ and YUL just went mainline. As far as I know this is one of the only long-haul destinations AC serves with both mainline and Rouge aircraft.

With all that said I think there are several routes that would work well for Rouge and hope they base a few frames here permanently.

Summer:
FCO, BER, and DUB, all 3-5 times a week.

Winter is a bit tougher:
LIM, CTS, PPT also 3-5 times per week?

That would be great. Perhaps an a333 rotated through Dublin with YYZ is in the cards. Either that or a 788 would be my guess.

zahav
Mar 1, 2018, 8:31 AM
CTV had a segment tonight about YVR, and the growth. Nothing new that forumers on here didn't already know, but just reinforced the growth plans. Here's a link:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/changes-coming-to-vancouver-s-bustling-yvr-airport-1.3821453

Some comments from Craig Richmond below:

“YVR is the fastest growing international airport in North America,” said Craig Richmond, CEO of the Vancouver Airport Authority, “I have to tell you, nobody expected this rapid growth.”
The airport had 24 million passengers pass through it in 2017, and it’s expecting an extra five million more per year by 2020.
"We're seeing planes 91 per cent full to Europe and 86 per cent full to Latin America," said Richmond.

Interesting claim about fastest growth in NA, it's debatable depending how it's measured. But I like the comment about Latin America, the worry was too much capacity to MEX but sounds like it's getting absorbed? He obviously got those stats somewhere, so hopefully the fact he mentioned it at all is a good sign the flights are holding up. The fact that AM is holding up their doubly dailies AND codesharing on the new daily WS service I think is a good sign

officedweller
Mar 1, 2018, 9:51 PM
Major parking changes take effect at Vancouver International Airport
http://www.news1130.com/2018/03/01/parking-vancouver-airport/

The value lot has moved to Templeton Station for construction of a parkade extension.

http://www.news1130.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/sites/9/2018/03/01/parking.jpg
http://www.news1130.com/2018/03/01/parking-vancouver-airport/

Johnny Aussie
Mar 2, 2018, 6:27 AM
Interesting claim about fastest growth in NA, it's debatable depending how it's measured. But I like the comment about Latin America, the worry was too much capacity to MEX but sounds like it's getting absorbed? He obviously got those stats somewhere, so hopefully the fact he mentioned it at all is a good sign the flights are holding up. The fact that AM is holding up their doubly dailies AND codesharing on the new daily WS service I think is a good sign

In regards to the fastest growth comment, they are referring to the fastest growing airport in North America in terms of "international traffic," not the fastest growing "international airport." Although YVR's overall growth in 2017 would still be one of the top in North America anyway.

trofirhen
Mar 2, 2018, 12:21 PM
In regards to the fastest growth comment, they are referring to the fastest growing airport in North America in terms of "international traffic," not the fastest growing "international airport." Although YVR's overall growth in 2017 would still be one of the top in North America anyway.

This growth is so exciting. One early route was YVR - AMS, which then-Canadian Pacific Airlines began, and was allowed to keep, the other European destination being LHR with AC.
Air Canada was then a crown corporation, and had everything else in Europe, and the Caribbean, before it got big, after taking over Canadian Airlines.
If I had my wish list for year-round overseas destinations, I'd add SIN, BKK, IST, MUC; ... MTY, GDL, GRU, LIM, SCL, PTY, EZE ... and in the States; IAD, MIA, MCO, ATL, maybe another...
Maybe even IKA, BOM and KUL, if the demand is there. (One can always dream):rolleyes:

Johnny Aussie
Mar 3, 2018, 11:12 PM
** deleted post **

Johnny Aussie
Mar 3, 2018, 11:13 PM
** deleted duplicate post **

Johnny Aussie
Mar 3, 2018, 11:14 PM
Further on the “fastest” growth for international...

Both SAN and SLC did have higher international growth rates than YVR. But to compare.... both cities had well under 1M International Passengers in 2017.

thenoflyzone
Mar 5, 2018, 2:30 PM
^
Starting to split hairs here. Either way, what Richmond said is false.

As far as the busiest airports in Canada are concerned, they dont have the overall top growth rate for 2017 (belongs YUL), so he had to get creative in his wording. They dont have the biggest absolute intl passenger increase (belongs to YYZ). And as Johnny alluded to, they dont even have the top intl growth rate in North America either, so Richmond's sentence is not exactly true. But what do you expect. Managers have to say something.....

Vagabond
Mar 5, 2018, 2:47 PM
So no TK for YVR for the time being. :(

https://otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/a-2018-40

mezzanine
Mar 5, 2018, 3:36 PM

Oh well. To have been a fly on the wall though... AC's move to move YVR-DEL flight year round surprised me and if TK really was interested in YVR i suspect that would have been a major driver on AC's part to move the DEL flight to year round. IMO i'd rather have a more viable DEL flight on AC than service to TK.

and TK will come around asking again no doubt..

nname
Mar 5, 2018, 5:00 PM
Oh well. To have been a fly on the wall though... AC's move to move YVR-DEL flight year round surprised me and if TK really was interested in YVR i suspect that would have been a major driver on AC's part to move the DEL flight to year round. IMO i'd rather have a more viable DEL flight on AC than service to TK.

TK will go to SEA according to some post in airliners.net.

trofirhen
Mar 5, 2018, 6:17 PM

TK will go to SEA according to some post in airliners.net.

Still, a real disappointment. Withg SEA so close close, YVR's losses can become Seattle's gain, as was the case - I understand - with EK.
Why is the Canadian government so "tight-assed" about this, I wonder?

Vagabond
Mar 5, 2018, 7:13 PM

I agree, although (aside from DEL) YVR does not have particularly good connections to much of South & West Asia, and TK would have filled that gap nicely. Also, TK's flights from LAX and SFO both depart in the early evening, and a similar schedule ex-YVR would have provided another option for folks who can't catch the earlier flights on LH, KLM, or one of the East Asian carriers.

It also would have been cool to check out Istanbul's massive new upcoming airport (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_New_Airport)!

thenoflyzone
Mar 5, 2018, 11:11 PM

Still, a real disappointment. Withg SEA so close close, YVR's losses can become Seattle's gain, as was the case - I understand - with EK.
Why is the Canadian government so "tight-assed" about this, I wonder?

I guess they are still protecting AC's interests. It sucks, but that's the only conclusion, considering they recently signed updated biliaterals with countries where AC wants to expand service, such as Israel, Morocco, etc

We know TK (and EK) would go after YVR-India traffic if they were to launch service to YVR. Their fares would be very competitive against AC's non stop flight to DEL. Traffic headed to India is low yielding, and usually wouldn't mind a connection at IST or DXB if it meant saving a few hundred dollars. This would hurt AC's business case between YVR and DEL, especially if TK/EK were granted daily flights to YVR.

Hence, our government is "tight-assed" with Turkey and U.A.E.

Although I do agree that granting open-skies type agreement to Turkey/U.A.E would be over the top, I think both these countries deserve an incremental increase in flights. Start off with 10x weekly each, expand it to 14x weekly after a year or two and then 21x weekly a few years after that. This way, EK/TK can both increase YYZ to daily (or more), and launch YVR. This incremental increase in flights wouldn't hurt AC too much, especially if it's spread out across 5-6 years.

I guess Canada/AC doesn't see it that way.

Our government is being a bit too protectionist.

In the mean time, as I've said before, TK can always cancel YUL and serve YVR as their second point in Canada, if they think there is more money to be made there.

trofirhen
Mar 5, 2018, 11:39 PM
/please excuse the edit/
Our government is being a bit too protectionist........

In the mean time, as I've said before, TK can always cancel YUL and serve YVR as their second point in Canada, if they think there is more money to be made there.

Oh that it would happen! Does AC fly YUL-IST already? If yes, then TK might just do that .... although I realize it's a very long shot.
Also, YVR having a ME destination doesn't necessarily mean targeting India (DEL). There's the whole Eastern Medierranean, the Mideast itself, (Iran especially), and the Caucasus region (yes, we have immigrants from there) that could profit from YVR-IST.

thenoflyzone
Mar 6, 2018, 1:21 AM
Oh that it would happen! Does AC fly YUL-IST already? If yes, then TK might just do that .... although I realize it's a very long shot.
Also, YVR having a ME destination doesn't necessarily mean targeting India (DEL). There's the whole Eastern Medierranean, the Mideast itself, (Iran especially), and the Caucasus region (yes, we have immigrants from there) that could profit from YVR-IST.

AC no longer flies YYZ-IST, and has never flown YUL-IST.

thenoflyzone
Mar 6, 2018, 2:14 AM
Also of note, these codeshares are simply renewals, as they expire 1 year after entering into force.

Here is the one from last year.

https://otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/30-a-2017

trofirhen
Mar 6, 2018, 2:45 AM
Teheran was mentioned some weeks back. Does anyone think that might be a possibility? There's a large Iranian diaspora in Vancouver, and it would give us a middle eastern destination.
Plus, in the USA, Donald Trump's administration might kick up dust about letting them in, although I don't know if / where they (Iran Air) fly to in the States.

thenoflyzone
Mar 6, 2018, 3:20 PM
Teheran was mentioned some weeks back. Does anyone think that might be a possibility? There's a large Iranian diaspora in Vancouver, and it would give us a middle eastern destination.
Plus, in the USA, Donald Trump's administration might kick up dust about letting them in, although I don't know if / where they (Iran Air) fly to in the States.

LA, Toronto and NY have a considerably larger Iranian population, and in all likelihood would get service to IKA ahead of YVR.

Plus, it would be interesting to see if the U.S will allow AC to launch YYZ-IKA. I would think not. So the end result will be the same as YUL-BEY.

I think TK is YVR's best bet for a Middle East service. It will happen eventually.

trofirhen
Mar 6, 2018, 3:24 PM
LA, Toronto and NY have a considerably larger Iranian population, and in all likelihood would get service to IKA ahead of YVR.

Thank you for that information. As things stand, YVR will have no Mideast destination for the foreseeable future. And that's kind of limiting. But if you say it will happen eventually, well, that's encouraging. My worry would be that if & when SEA gets TK, Vancouver would be left out altogether. I suppose it's a game of "wait and see."
*Also ... how can the US government intercede on allowing AC to launch YYZ - IKA? Do they have power over who can fly to ><from Canada? Seems strange to me.

thenoflyzone
Mar 6, 2018, 4:41 PM
*Also ... how can the US government intercede on allowing AC to launch YYZ - IKA? Do they have power over who can fly to ><from Canada? Seems strange to me.

It's called power of persuasion.

In 2003, Air Canada was about to launch YUL-BEY. The Canadian Government, citing “national security” issues, withdrew the airline’s license a week or two before the route launch.

What happened? Most likely the U.S made a phone call and told the Canadian government what was expected of them.

Fast forward to today. I highly doubt the Tump government will sit idly by and allow a North American airline to fly non stop to IKA.

trofirhen
Mar 6, 2018, 5:38 PM
It's called power of persuasion.

In 2003, Air Canada was about to launch YUL-BEY. The Canadian Government, citing “national security” issues, withdrew the airline’s license a week or two before the route launch.

What happened? Most likely the U.S made a phone call and told the Canadian government what was expected of them.

Fast forward to today. I highly doubt the Tump government will sit idly by and allow a North American airline to fly non stop to IKA.

I'm astonished that the US has that much power over Canada, and / or that Canada is so submissive.
The US autghorities must have been wielding a harsh ultimatum if Canada did not co-operate ... "obey" might be the better word. Sad.

Johnny Aussie
Mar 6, 2018, 7:11 PM
As I suspected AC will launch 3 weekly flights to LIH next winter.

Other Transborder changes:

PHX to daily mainline 320
PSP to daily mainline 320
HNL 2 x daily 738MAX
OGG 2 x daily 738MAX
KOA 4 x weekly 738MAX
LAS 2 x daily 319 rouge
MCO 2 x weekly 319 rouge

All other routes are the same at this time.

YVR - Hawaii ops increases to 11 daily next winter including Westjet's 6 daily.

nname
Mar 6, 2018, 8:01 PM
Seems like all flights to Mexico besides MEX are going 738MAX too...

CUN, PVD 4x weekly
ZIH, SJD 3x weekly

Johnny Aussie
Mar 6, 2018, 9:10 PM
Seems like all flights to Mexico besides MEX are going 738MAX too...

CUN, PVD 4x weekly
ZIH, SJD 3x weekly

Yes... YVR sun ops on AC next winter from YVR is exploding.

nname
Mar 6, 2018, 9:32 PM
Yes... YVR sun ops on AC next winter from YVR is exploding.

Something doesn't add up though...

[EDIT] now I see it...

#1:
YVR-HNL-YVR
1800 dep, return 0710+1

YVR-HNL-YVR
0810 dep, return 2120

#2:
YVR-OGG-YVR
1820 dep, return 0720+1

YVR-OGG-YVR
0820 dep, return 2250

#3:
YVR-LIH/KOA-YVR
1810 dep, return 0715+1 or 0725+1

YVR-CUN/ZIH-YVR
0830 dep, returns 2030

YVR-PVR/SJD-YVR
0700 dep, returns 1700 or 1815

But what will these planes doing before 1800?? Only #4 can connect to #1-#3 maybe 3 times a week, but the other planes must be doing something before the Hawaii/Mexico runs...

I guess either some domestic routes will be MAX'ed (haven't updated yet), or there's some more new route?

casper
Mar 6, 2018, 9:36 PM
I'm astonished that the US has that much power over Canada, and / or that Canada is so submissive.
The US autghorities must have been wielding a harsh ultimatum if Canada did not co-operate ... "obey" might be the better word. Sad.

I think the issue is we don't know if this was the US demanding something or the Canadian authorities did it on their own.

The version of the story I heard is Hamas controls the airport. Canada views Hamas as a terrorist organisation. Therefore regular non-stop flights from there are not permitted.

How true any of these is I don't know.

Johnny Aussie
Mar 6, 2018, 10:15 PM
Something doesn't add up though...

[EDIT] now I see it...

#1:
YVR-HNL-YVR
1800 dep, return 0710+1

YVR-HNL-YVR
0810 dep, return 2120

#2:
YVR-OGG-YVR
1820 dep, return 0720+1

YVR-OGG-YVR
0820 dep, return 2250

#3:
YVR-LIH/KOA-YVR
1810 dep, return 0715+1 or 0725+1

YVR-CUN/ZIH-YVR
0830 dep, returns 2030

YVR-PVR/SJD-YVR
0700 dep, returns 1700 or 1815

But what will these planes doing before 1800?? Only #4 can connect to #1-#3 maybe 3 times a week, but the other planes must be doing something before the Hawaii/Mexico runs...

I guess either some domestic routes will be MAX'ed (haven't updated yet), or there's some more new route?

Most likely domestic runs to YUL and YYZ will factor in. With most of these routes being de-rouged so much more flexibility.

twoNeurons
Mar 6, 2018, 10:39 PM

Montreal has a large arab population. I doubt TK wants to drop YUL or YYZ for YVR. They want to increase their market into new areas. It's a shame as it's a good carrier for *A Aeroplan members that are trying to avoid YQ.

nname
Mar 7, 2018, 12:03 AM
Norwegian intend to start service to Canada (https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/2018-a-36) on July 23, 2018... Would they fly to YVR?? :D

[EDIT]Meh... it's D8 not DY who was applying... I guess it will just be some 7M8 runs to the east coast...

thenoflyzone
Mar 7, 2018, 3:33 AM
Norwegian intend to start service to Canada (https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/2018-a-36) on July 23, 2018... Would they fly to YVR?? :D

[EDIT]Meh... it's D8 not DY who was applying... I guess it will just be some 7M8 runs to the east coast...

If D8's recent US destinations in New England are any indication, this bodes well for a place like YOW.

zahav
Mar 7, 2018, 7:33 AM
McArthurGlen Phase 2 was officially announced yesterday. Link below:

http://www.yvr.ca/en/media/news-releases/2018/mcarthurglen-vancouver-to-commence-construction-of-phase-ii

YVR was definitely smart launching this project, they tapped into a big market for outlet shopping in a central area

Johnny Aussie
Mar 7, 2018, 6:06 PM
Air Canada press releases here for their upcoming winter increases.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2018-03-07-Air-Canada-To-Launch-New-Service-to-Kauai-Double-Frequency-of-Western-Canada-Flights-to-Hawaii-With-New-Boeing-737-MAX-Fleet

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2018-03-07-Air-Canada-to-Launch-Daily-Seasonal-Calgary-Palm-Springs-and-Edmonton-Las-Vegas-Flights-Next-Winter

nname
Mar 7, 2018, 7:09 PM
Noticed the YVR-PSP got no end date.. so it will be year round with AC now?

Maybe it will be the new AC Express destination for next summer...

trofirhen
Mar 7, 2018, 8:06 PM
Air Canada press releases here for their upcoming winter increases.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2018-03-07-Air-Canada-To-Launch-New-Service-to-Kauai-Double-Frequency-of-Western-Canada-Flights-to-Hawaii-With-New-Boeing-737-MAX-Fleet

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2018-03-07-Air-Canada-to-Launch-Daily-Seasonal-Calgary-Palm-Springs-and-Edmonton-Las-Vegas-Flights-Next-Winter

Regarding the YVR-Hawaii flights, this would, I presume, put Air Canada head-to-head in competition with Westjet, would it not? (...leading to price wars and deals? or maybe not...)

nname
Mar 7, 2018, 10:03 PM
According to airliners.net, YVR-IST by TK will be announced anytime now :???:

SpongeG
Mar 7, 2018, 11:13 PM
this was pretty fast seemed like they just started it a few months ago

YVR long-term parking is now a long haul from terminal

Airport has moved long-term economy lot 2.5 kilometres away from terminal

Rafferty Baker · CBC News
10 Hours Ago

https://i.cbc.ca/1.4565221.1520384700!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/yvr-parking.jpg
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/yvr-long-term-parking-changes-1.4565157

Travellers planning to leave their vehicles at the Vancouver International Airport for a few days now need to plan an extra leg into their journey — the new long term parking lot is 2.5 km away, and requires a SkyTrain trip to catch a flight.

YVR shut its old long term parking lot down last week, as construction begins on an expanded parkade next to the terminal.

There are big signs on Grant McConachie Way pointing travellers to the new lot, which is close to the outlet mall at the Templeton SkyTrain station.

People heading to the airport can ride the SkyTrain for free from there, but they still need to print a ticket from the kiosk.

Mixed reaction from travellers
Whitney De Beer and her child were at the new parking lot on Tuesday — though they weren't flying.

"Yeah this is a bit of a test run," said De Beer.

"We're travelling on Sunday, so we thought we'd park out here and see what everything was like. The only problem I foresee is it may be a bit of a hassle with baby, and luggage, and car seat."

She said the SkyTrain worked pretty well this time, but it adds a step to the trip.

Tom Powell was also parking at the economy lot on Tuesday, although he wasn't leaving town this time either. The added SkyTrain ride caused him some confusion.

"I wasn't sure what to do once I got here, and once I got inside I didn't know I needed a [ticket]," said Powell, adding that requiring a ticket for the free ride seemed like a waste of time.

There are signs posted around Templeton station but if you're in a rush, they could be easy to miss.

www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/yvr-long-term-parking-changes-1.4565157

trofirhen
Mar 8, 2018, 3:33 AM

:???:Indeed!! I thought that YVR-IST had been scuttled, and that it was now Ankara & Istanbul between YYZ and YUL only.
If anything is to be announced, won't it be that TK is going to Seattle? We'll find out in due course, but the whole issue of YVR and TK has been confusing to say the least.

mezzanine
Mar 8, 2018, 6:12 AM

LOL, I read the thread, some of the posters seemed quite adamant about new TK service to YVR. I'll believe it when I see it, and according to the posts, we won't have to wait long... :???:

-----

WRT hawaii service, i know a handful of people who transit from europe to hawaii via YVR. I suspect with more frequency this can be a unique niche for YVR, for european travelers who want faster travel times and to avoid drab US carriers via SFO and the circle of hell that is LAX.

zahav
Mar 8, 2018, 8:33 AM
LOL, I read the thread, some of the posters seemed quite adamant about new TK service to YVR. I'll believe it when I see it, and according to the posts, we won't have to wait long... :???:

-----

WRT hawaii service, i know a handful of people who transit from europe to hawaii via YVR. I suspect with more frequency this can be a unique niche for YVR, for european travelers who want faster travel times and to avoid drab US carriers via SFO and the circle of hell that is LAX.

I was thinking of that routing today too. The market would be fairly limited but still, YVR is definitely the closest routing possible, and better service for sure

mezzanine
Mar 12, 2018, 5:39 AM

Hmm, that dude on airliners is still talking up YVR-IST being announced in the next 60 days.

I normally wouldn't bump it, but TK today announced the purchase (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/transport/391868-turkish-airlines-to-buy-at-least-50-airbus-boeing-jets)of 25 787s and 25 A350-900s..... :sly:

trofirhen
Mar 12, 2018, 9:28 AM
Could somebody please inform me where on 'airliners.net' I can find this entry all about the possibility of TK flying into YVR? I have looked on that site, but can't find the entry. Thank you.

Canadian74
Mar 12, 2018, 5:50 PM
Could somebody please inform me where on 'airliners.net' I can find this entry all about the possibility of TK flying into YVR? I have looked on that site, but can't find the entry. Thank you.

YVR 2018 Thread and Turkish Aviation March 2018 Thread, sorry can't post links on mobile

SFUVancouver
Mar 12, 2018, 6:53 PM

YVR 2018 Thread and Turkish Aviation March 2018 Thread, sorry can't post links on mobile

Turkish Aviation thread (http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1387729)

Turkish MoU thread (http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1388627&sid=6756f0038a32fbaa62ee75a9b6cae962)

YVR thread (http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1385167)

LeftCoaster
Mar 16, 2018, 10:54 PM
March 15th and still no January numbers from YVR. Really taking their time on this one...

Hopefully the numbers are just so high it's taking them extra long to count them :D

In other news looks like a transborder boost from AA (if'm im reading the sheet correctly:

AA PHX-YVR going from 1x daily to 2x daily starting June and continuing into W18
http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1388135

Ameircan had previously shown the 3x daily DFW service continuing into W18 as well but has since adjusted it back to 2x daily

osirisboy
Mar 16, 2018, 11:17 PM
Not much of a boost, more like no change. An extra flight a day to Phoenix and one less flight to Dallas.

LeftCoaster
Mar 16, 2018, 11:26 PM
Not much of a boost, more like no change. An extra flight a day to Phoenix and one less flight to Dallas.

Well except Dallas is always 2x in the winter, I think it was just a scheduling error showing it at 3x in W18.

2x daily for PHX in the summer is net new though I believe.

Johnny Aussie
Mar 17, 2018, 1:24 AM
Well except Dallas is always 2x in the winter, I think it was just a scheduling error showing it at 3x in W18.

2x daily for PHX in the summer is net new though I believe.

Yes

PHX summer used to be 2 daily a few years ago then dropped to one at the same time they dropped YYC (permanently) and YEG (became winter seasonal only on Eagle). Now PHX back to 2 daily summer.

DFW has been 3 daily summer 2 daily winter for years.

So this summer the gain is the second daily PHX compare to summer 2017.

And DL to SEA back to 7 daily including the new daily 739.

YVR transborder ops getting so close to 100 daily this summer. In fact on Saturdays there will be 99 transborder flights.

zahav
Mar 17, 2018, 9:02 PM
Looks like AA to LAX is back to American Eagle only, still 2x daily. Glad they are keeping the frequency, and then we still get the additional mainline as the 2nd daily PHX flight

Johnny Aussie
Mar 17, 2018, 10:26 PM
Looks like AA to LAX is back to American Eagle only, still 2x daily. Glad they are keeping the frequency, and then we still get the additional mainline as the 2nd daily PHX flight

Yes. And the first flight has been moved to an 0558 departure!

AA will still have 8 daily this summer:

DFW 3 mainline
PHX 2 mainline
LAX 2 Eagle
ORD 1 mainline

Hot Rod
Mar 18, 2018, 12:55 AM
YVR-BOM MUMBAI Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/277530/routes-revisited-mumbai-five-years-on/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=the-hub-daily&utm_campaign=the-hub-daily-AME&utm_content=the-hub-daily-20180318

Overall, the airport has added 13 new airlines from 2013 to 2017. In terms of routes, CSIA has been successful in connecting many unserved routes such as Vancouver, Brussels, Seychelles, Jakarta, Bali and Kigali during 2016-17.

trofirhen
Mar 18, 2018, 1:05 AM
YVR-BOM MUMBAI Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/277530/routes-revisited-mumbai-five-years-on/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=the-hub-daily&utm_campaign=the-hub-daily-AME&utm_content=the-hub-daily-20180318

Whoa!! I looked at that link about CSIA (Mumbai Airport) ... and it said, under the rubric for 2017 .... Air Canada to VANCOUVER. (:???:) Does that mean via Delhi, or what?
With Mumbai (I like "Bombay" better, but...) being as I understand, the largest city in India, plus its financial hub. it would almost seem more logical to have YVR-BOM direct, rather than YVR-DEL. But there's an explanation for everything, and I'm sure I'll find out why and what, sooner or later, when someoneone on the forum sets me straight. Thank you.

nname
Mar 18, 2018, 1:18 AM
Whoa!! I looked at that link about CSIA (Mumbai Airport) ... and it said, under the rubric for 2017 .... Air Canada to VANCOUVER. (:???:) Does that mean via Delhi, or what?
With Mumbai (I like "Bombay" better, but...) being as I understand, the largest city in India, plus its financial hub. it would almost seem more logical to have YVR-BOM direct, rather than YVR-DEL. But there's an explanation for everything, and I'm sure I'll find out why and what, sooner or later, when someoneone on the forum sets me straight. Thank you.

They probably meant Air Canada to Toronto

Johnny Aussie
Mar 18, 2018, 2:14 AM
They probably meant Air Canada to Toronto

Probably? Yes they meant Toronto... bad information!

And do we have to discuss the “why does AC fly YVR-DEL and not YVR-BOM” again? Has it been a month yet?

Somebody put me out of my misery!