PDA

View Full Version : YVR Airport & Sea Island Developments Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143

moosejaw
Aug 22, 2015, 5:56 AM
Atlanta is a hub for delta and pretty much the connection for any cities in the southeast
Miami is too far south as is any city in Florida. For example any large construction project in Georgia the carolinas or the gulf states it's quite often to see subcontractors from any one of the states on any given project. The south is really well connected
Also note that Atlanta is also the international hub. The airport is a monster. Don't know if it's well designed. It's pretty much looks like a prison but pretty indicative of the architecture style inspired by John Portman in the early 80s

Johnny Aussie
Aug 22, 2015, 4:21 PM
I suppose this was inevitable.

SYD Effective 17 May 2016
AC 33/34 on 77L will be reconfigured to 300 seats with the intro of Premium Economy and regular economy will go 3-4-3. Config will be J40/W24/Y236.

PEK Effective 11 May2016
AC 29/30 on 77W will be reconfigured to 400 seats with the intro of Premium Economy
and regular economy will go 3-4-3. Config will be J40/W24/Y336.

Also

LHR and HKG effective 30 March 2016
AC 854/855 and AC 7/8 both on 77W will be reconfigured to 450 seats.
Config will be J28/W24/Y398.

Cage
Aug 22, 2015, 5:01 PM
Aspiring Avgeek here (I just read posts in this thread from the last 3 years over the course of the last few day), and one question I have is, how the hell does Atlanta have the busiest airport in the world? Not exactly the biggest tourist destintiion and certainly can't compete with level of business travellers in NYC and London. So what am I missing? Does anyone have an explanation for this? I mean sure Atlanta is a big city at 6.1 million CSA, but I mean it ranks 11th in CSA populations, so how is the Atlanta airport overperforming?

ATL being biggest hub is due to:
- History. ATL was the main hub for both DL and Eastern. The airport was built for domestic USA connections for both terminal and runway.
- Capacity. The airport had large number runway and terminal capacity. As well as sufficient land available to grow.
- Weather, ATL does not have large number of weather delays and cancellations. Also the wind direction doesn't change, reducing the requirement for cross wind runways.
- ATlanta has only one large airport, where as most larger cities have 2-3 airports.
- prior to the introduction of A320 and then 737NG, onky the 757 could do nonstop transcontinental flights. The other options were widebody aircraft. ATL and ORD were the first cities that could offer single connections throughout the USA.
- subsequent to the demise of EA, DL took over most of the operations at ATL, making it their global hub.

Cage
Aug 22, 2015, 5:16 PM
I suppose this was inevitable.

Effective 17 May 2016
AC 33/34 on 77L will be reconfigured to 300 seats with the intro of Premium Economy and regular economy will go 3-4-3. Config will be J40/W24/Y236.

PEK Effective 11 May2016
AC 29/30 on 77W will be reconfigured to 400 seats with the intro of Premium Economy
and regular economy will go 3-4-3. Config will be J40/W24/Y336.

Also

LHR and HKG effective 30 March 2016
AC 854/855 and AC 7/8 both on 77W will be reconfigured to 450 seats.
Config will be J28/W24/Y398.

I debate the notion that additional services are going to High Density format. The legacy HD aircraft are staying at 458 seats while the traditional format moves from 350 to 400 seats. Yes AC is moving to the 3x4x3 format, but so are most other airlines.

Introduction of true premium economy cabin onto SYD is a good thing. QF has it on their A380 and will likely do the same on the 789. In order to have value in PE, the airlines must shrink Economy. Otherwise, the PE cabin will pull people from Business Class.

trofirhen
Aug 22, 2015, 6:56 PM
I wonder if such a configuration - extending PE - would make flights to Delhi viable?
I know the market is mostly family, and therein low yield, but there are seemingly enough East Indian businesspeople who could afford the PE.

casper
Aug 22, 2015, 7:57 PM
I wonder if such a configuration - extending PE - would make flights to Delhi viable?
I know the market is mostly family, and therein low yield, but there are seemingly enough East Indian businesspeople who could afford the PE.

I don't know about India. But Premium Economy is a very nice addition. The cost of International Business Class was to high to me to justify paying it, so I only used it when I could get it on points, upgrade or rerouted by the airline. Premium Economy is much more affordable. I would pay for it.

I would think the logical aircraft for India would be a 787-9 with 30/21/247 or more likely the 787-8 is 20/21/210.

The 777-200LR is 40/24/226. It looks like they are positioning it as the premium market aircraft in the fleet. Given they are keeping it on the Sydney flight there must be a market for the business seats..

Millennium2002
Aug 22, 2015, 8:59 PM
I believe I just saw a Lufthansa B747-800 flying over Knight Street bridge on way inbound...

Johnny Aussie
Aug 22, 2015, 10:34 PM
The 777-200LR is 40/24/226. It looks like they are positioning it as the premium market aircraft in the fleet. Given they are keeping it on the Sydney flight there must be a market for the business seats..

There is a huge market to SYD for J. Also with Air NZ going daily over the winter is another sign of decent demand. Qantas will be just itching to get in there with their new 787-9s. Until then they will just keep teasing YVR with their seasonal 744s.

There is quite the demand for J to PEK as well. Noting AC is putting their bigger J cabin to PEK vs HKG.

Air China to PEK presently double daily until the end of peak summer. Each with an 8 seat F cabin.

Cage
Aug 23, 2015, 12:56 AM

The 77L was purchased for specific routes: YYZ-YVR-SYD and YYZ-HKG. These 2 routes use 4.5 aircraft. Plus one spare aircraft for a fleet of 6. The 77L Europe trips are just filler for the two primary routes.

Yes SYD has big business class demand out of YVR. Just about any company paid trips will allow business class per travel policy. YYZ-HKG us the king market for AC J class. The surprise upcomming market is YYZ-HND, the route is doing better than YYZ-NRT in both cabins.

For YVR-DEL, the 789 might be the perfect aircraft. Especially if YYZ-DEL turns into a good profit Center. I have heard second hand that 789 trip costs are almost identical to the 788; however the789 has 50 more seats. For clarity I'm not talking identical CASM, but rather overall trip cost. Send the 788 for $100 or the 789 for $105. If this pans out ( which AC will have true comparatives in about 6 months), the 789 is the prime airplane of the Dreamliner fleet.

trofirhen
Aug 23, 2015, 1:59 AM
The 77L was purchased for specific routes: YYZ-YVR-SYD and YYZ-HKG. These 2 routes use 4.5 aircraft. Plus one spare aircraft for a fleet of 6. The 77L Europe trips are just filler for the two primary routes.

Yes SYD has big business class demand out of YVR. Just about any company paid trips will allow business class per travel policy. YYZ-HKG us the king market for AC J class. The surprise upcomming market is YYZ-HND, the route is doing better than YYZ-NRT in both cabins.

For YVR-DEL, the 789 might be the perfect aircraft. Especially if YYZ-DEL turns into a good profit Center. I have heard second hand that 789 trip costs are almost identical to the 788; however the789 has 50 more seats. For clarity I'm not talking identical CASM, but rather overall trip cost. Send the 788 for $100 or the 789 for $105. If this pans out ( which AC will have true comparatives in about 6 months), the 789 is the prime airplane of the Dreamliner fleet.
I think YYZ-Haneda is perhaps doing so well because Haneda is really such a better-positioned airport; closer to the city centre.

And do you think YVR will get a route to DEL? I know the market is big, but the yield is small. If they can increase the yield, would AC give us the luxury
of a YVR-DEL nonstop, or still force us to change in YYZ?

Cage
Aug 23, 2015, 4:01 AM
And do you think YVR will get a route to DEL? I know the market is big, but the yield is small. If they can increase the yield, would AC give us the luxury
of a YVR-DEL nonstop, or still force us to change in YYZ?

From the past three quarterly conference calls, AC is not chasing yield, rather they are chasing gross margin. The densification of long haul aircraft has the effect of depressing yields. That the problem with investment community not fully understanding the AC strategy. Yield is down but operating profit is up. To think of it mathmatically, current AC 77w confit is 350 seats. For argument sake lets say AC makes $1000 on a flight, but could make $1100 if they increased seats to 400. This has the effect of decrease yield by 10 cents as 1000/350 is greater than 1100/400. However the aircraft cost side is the same ( same plane, crew costs, fuel costs, etc.).

This principle will work in Favour of YVR-DEL on the 789.

Klazu
Aug 23, 2015, 4:14 AM
Very informed comments, Cage. Always much appreciated. :tup:

Johnny Aussie
Aug 23, 2015, 4:51 AM
This principle will work in Favour of YVR-DEL on the 789.

And this is exactly why the 788 and 789 are game changers for many routes.

What wouldn't have been viable in the past, instantly become viable because of the economics of these planes... as demonstrated by Cage as a good example.

AC YVR-DEL, AC YVR-BNE, QF SYD-YVR (the most hinted at and rumoured new 789 route for Qantas) and QF MEL-DFW (the one route the QF CEO singled out as an ideal route for their 789s they have just purchased).

Vagabond
Aug 23, 2015, 5:56 AM
And this is exactly why the 788 and 789 are game changers for many routes.

What wouldn't have been viable in the past, instantly become viable because of the economics of these planes... as demonstrated by Cage as a good example.

AC YVR-DEL, QF SYD-YVR (the most hinted at and rumoured new 789 route for Qantas) and QF MEL-DFW (the one route the QF CEO singled out as an ideal route for their 789s they have just purchased).

The wildcard factor on the YVR-DEL route will be how deeply the Chinese carriers will be willing to cut to maintain their VFR market share on this route. For example, Air China just started service direct to Mumbai from PEK, and is currently heavily discounting fares ex-YVR (a recent sale saw return flights for $899 incl. tax!) I can see a similar price blood bath in store to DEL in the event AC starts direct service. The likes of Cathay Pacific could even consider "joining the party", as I know they are relatively dependent on the India market during the winter to offset lower off-season travel to/from the rest of Asia.

I'd still love to see a non-stop YVR-DEL flight, but it's a tricky route to figure out, given there are so many easy one-stop options. If any route would test the theory (put forward recently on this forum) that Canadians are willing to pay a premium for non-stop service, YVR-DEL would be it ;)

trofirhen
Aug 23, 2015, 6:18 PM
The wildcard factor on the YVR-DEL route will be how deeply the Chinese carriers will be willing to cut to maintain their VFR market share on this route. ...............

I'd still love to see a non-stop YVR-DEL flight, but it's a tricky route to figure out, given there are so many easy one-stop options. If any route would test the theory (put forward recently on this forum) that Canadians are willing to pay a premium for non-stop service, YVR-DEL would be it ;)
:tup:May I say that I think you've nailed it with absolute precision. Great analysis of this somewhat tricky problem.
(from an outsider's view; as such you gave me a lot of insight)

hoboman27
Aug 24, 2015, 6:30 PM
YVR signs memorandum with PVG
http://www.richmond-news.com/business/yvr-signs-deal-with-shanghai-1.2031166

Usually see airlines signing deals with airports, rarely see airport/airport deals. Does anyone know what's involved and what this means for the two airports?

Hourglass
Aug 24, 2015, 10:30 PM
YVR signs memorandum with PVG
http://www.richmond-news.com/business/yvr-signs-deal-with-shanghai-1.2031166

Usually see airlines signing deals with airports, rarely see airport/airport deals. Does anyone know what's involved and what this means for the two airports?

I was wondering the same. In addition to the good PR, i'm guessing there would be technical or other knowledge sharing and exchanges, although not sure how much would be involved here (Hongqiao Airport is managed as a JV with the Hong Kong Airport Authority, so no lack of access to technical expertise). Likely it's relationship building as a prelude to further air links. China represents a huge number of flights for YVR, so it makes sense to build closer ties. There could even be opportunities for Vantage Airport Group in China. Despite the recent bad economic news coming out of China, there's been a huge amount of airport construction there.

casper
Aug 25, 2015, 1:28 AM
I was wondering the same. In addition to the good PR, i'm guessing there would be technical or other knowledge sharing and exchanges, although not sure how much would be involved here (Hongqiao Airport is managed as a JV with the Hong Kong Airport Authority, so no lack of access to technical expertise). Likely it's relationship building as a prelude to further air links. China represents a huge number of flights for YVR, so it makes sense to build closer ties. There could even be opportunities for Vantage Airport Group in China. Despite the recent bad economic news coming out of China, there's been a huge amount of airport construction there.

Translating PR speak.....

We will share ideas with each other and try to learn from each others mistake.

We will have a common message with airlines where we try to encourage them to operate more flights between the two of us.

Since it is an MOU with is contractually not legally binding in Canada. We don't really have to do anything. But we promise to play nice, have some joint press conferences.

Chikinlittle
Aug 25, 2015, 1:51 AM
For anyone who flies trans-Atlantic, or would like to, it's a pretty good time to book a ticket if you want to fly up front. I just looked into this and AC has matched an unadvertised KL/AF business class sale to many destinations in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

http://bit.ly/1NFUiwK

Eg. YVR-JNB on AC/SA via FRA for as little as $3016.95 tax in, IN BUSINESS CLASS! BOOM.

trofirhen
Aug 25, 2015, 11:46 PM
For anyone who flies trans-Atlantic, or would like to, it's a pretty good time to book a ticket if you want to fly up front. I just looked into this and AC has matched an unadvertised KL/AF business class sale to many destinations in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

http://bit.ly/1NFUiwK

Eg. YVR-JNB on AC/SA via FRA for as little as $3016.95 tax in, IN BUSINESS CLASS! BOOM.
Thank you for that link. Hope AC makes some profit with that.
Business Class, I am informed, is essentially what can make a route viable or not.
If, in fact, there were enough people in Vancouver able to afford Business Class to Delhi ... that might cinch that one.
(although previously mentioned, excuse me for that pls)

Klazu
Aug 26, 2015, 4:12 PM
As many destinations and airlines we have, the destination map on Wikipedia makes us still look quite modest in terms of coverage. :(

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/YVR_Destinations.svg/1280px-YVR_Destinations.svg.png

Denscity
Aug 26, 2015, 5:11 PM
Anyone got the skills to do a "one stop" map from YVR??

SFUVancouver
Aug 26, 2015, 5:19 PM
As many destinations and airlines we have, the destination map on Wikipedia makes us still look quite modest in terms of coverage. :(

Now that is interesting, and rather humbling. Granted, that covers a large part of the world's GDP, but it also illustrates that whole continents lack direct service.

I've drunk the Kool-Aid when it comes to believing in the ability of the current and imminent next-gen aircraft (B787, B777X, A330neo, A350) being game-changers for making new 'long & thin' routes become viable. I think by the end of the decade this route map will look quite different as the world's long haul fleets are renewed and expanded.

trofirhen
Aug 26, 2015, 5:28 PM
Once the airlines currently serving YVR are stable and can count on consistent pax and revenue, I'd like to see added year-round nonstops to:

SINGAPORE
DELHI
MELBOURNE

ATLANTA
MIAMI
WASHINGTON DC

LIMA
SANTIAGO
SÃO PAULO

ISTANBUL

That ought to "do it," IMO. (yes there'll be boos and hisses from some others, but this is my own preferential list)

connect2source
Aug 26, 2015, 5:36 PM
Once the airlines currently serving YVR are stable and can count on consistent pax and revenue, I'd like to see added year-round nonstops to:

SINGAPORE
DELHI
MELBOURNE

ATLANTA
MIAMI
WASHINGTON DC

LIMA
SANTIAGO
SÃO PAULO

ISTANBUL

That ought to "do it," IMO. (yes there'll be boos and hisses from some others, but this is my own preferential list)

We lost Singapore in 2012 when Singapore Airlines left YVR and we lost nonstops to Lima and continuing service to Santiago and Buenos Aires in the 1980's and 1990's through merger of Canadian and AC.

If we were to do a city map instead we would see many Chinese and U.S. destinations added, however.

Millennium2002
Aug 26, 2015, 5:37 PM
Although the one-seat ride map looks bad, one also has to consider that not all international routes from Vancouver will be as profitable as say transferring to a more "local" flight from a hub airport.

I wonder what the map looks like if cities are only highlighted (not whole countries) AND/OR hubs that Vancouver connects to are taken into account. (That is, we include Vancouver -> Hub -> Destination flights.)

Klazu
Aug 26, 2015, 5:55 PM
I wonder what the map looks like if cities are only highlighted (not whole countries)

You get an idea from here: http://www.yvr.ca/libraries/maps/destinations.sflb.ashx

Klazu
Aug 26, 2015, 6:00 PM
We are doing slightly better than SEA, which is missing Oceania altogether (but has Dubai). Too bad there is no similar map for YYC, YYZ, etc.

YVR
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/YVR_Destinations.svg/1280px-YVR_Destinations.svg.png

SEA
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/SEA_Destinations.svg/1280px-SEA_Destinations.svg.png

trofirhen
Aug 26, 2015, 7:00 PM
The next regions IMO, to be coloured orange would be Brasil, Peru, and Chile... as well as other destinations in the USA and China, as mentioned.
This will come about sooner or later with TWOV.

twoNeurons
Aug 26, 2015, 7:47 PM
How about a direct flight to Vladivostok and Denmark. Then Greenland and ALL of Russia would be orange. Haha.

Personally, I think a population heat map is more relevant.

Klazu
Aug 26, 2015, 8:05 PM
Eastern Russia doesn't provide much of a destination, but I am a bit surprised that SAS doesn't fly here from Copenhagen. Did they ever do that? There are a lot of Scandinavian people in here and I think Icelandair is trying to capitalize on that.

Vin
Aug 26, 2015, 8:40 PM

The map really reflects the major eithnicities and places of origin of people living in this city, except for South Asia (mainly India)

Cage
Aug 26, 2015, 8:45 PM
Anyone got the skills to do a "one stop" map from YVR??

One would have to determine the applicable rules for one-stop services. For example YVR-LHR-GRU is technically one-stop connection; but BA will not let you buy it as a single ticket. As two separate tickets, the flights are extremely expensive full fare Economy tickets.

If we go with valid ticketing rules, the map drastically changes. But many travelers use split ticketing to get around airline fare rules.

vanlaw
Aug 26, 2015, 8:47 PM
Eastern Russia doesn't provide much of a destination, but I am a bit surprised that SAS doesn't fly here from Copenhagen. Did they ever do that? There are a lot of Scandinavian people in here and I think Icelandair is trying to capitalize on that.

SAS did CPH-SEA in the past, but discontinued in 2009 I think. If SEA wasn't workable with all of the head offices there, not sure Vancouver would be very viable.

trofirhen
Aug 26, 2015, 8:57 PM
For decades, SEA-TAC was served by SAS nonstop to Kastrup, as Scandinavians are very present in Seattle. But now, there is no Seattle-Copenhagen nonstop by any airline.
Icelandair seems to have filled that niche. They serve SEA-TAC all year, and YVR in summer. (oops, someone beat me to it.)

Klazu
Aug 27, 2015, 2:48 AM
Just when we were talking about ATL last week, I today booked flights to Atlanta in couple of weeks from now. :)

How does it seem to me that UA always has the best flight times and prices when flying trans-continental from Vancouver? One World airlines don't have any hub in the northwest and I don't feel like flying via PHX or DFW just for the sake flying with them. Is there any city in the northwestern United States that you could see becoming an AA hub in the future? It is certainly a black spot for them.

How likely are new hubs overall? SLC could be a great One World hub as DL is giving SLC very little love.

Also Delta seems to never come up as the best deal when I am checking prices, although they have their SEA and SLC hubs near us. Flight times via those cities seem extremely inconvenient. Considering that ATL is Delta's mega-hub, I was expecting to fly with them but their YVR-ATL is seasonal. :(

Looking forward to visiting Atlanta and doing things like The Walking Dead tour. Atlanta seems to have a lot going for themselves. :)

nname
Aug 27, 2015, 2:54 AM
Last time I took the direct YVR-ATL flight about 7 years ago, there were no one sitting around me in any of the 8 directions. So basically I got 9 seats all to myself :D

Klazu
Aug 27, 2015, 4:09 AM
Talking about routes out of Vancouver to India...

I found it interesting how in Amazing Race Season 3 teams traveled on Air Canada (which is a major sponsor of the show) from Saskatoon to Kolkata via Vancouver to Tokyo. I guess it is a shorter route than via YYZ, but I found it funny in the context of discussions in here. :D

Chikinlittle
Aug 27, 2015, 4:54 AM
Thank you for that link. Hope AC makes some profit with that.
Business Class, I am informed, is essentially what can make a route viable or not.
If, in fact, there were enough people in Vancouver able to afford Business Class to Delhi ... that might cinch that one.
(although previously mentioned, excuse me for that pls)

I doubt it, hence one of the reason the sale has gone unadvertised. They don't really want to sell these fares, but they don't want to be uncompetitive. It's a tactical reaction of AC/LH/OS/LX to the KL/AF/DL sale to protect market share in what is currently a soft market.

So... if you need to travel a great distance, and might have a Premium Economy budget, you can probably get yourself a Business Class seat for a similar cost, or minimal extra.

CareerShow
Aug 27, 2015, 7:53 AM
Just when we were talking about ATL last week, I today booked flights to Atlanta in couple of weeks from now. :)

How does it seem to me that UA always has the best flight times and prices when flying trans-continental from Vancouver? One World airlines don't have any hub in the northwest and I don't feel like flying via PHX or DFW just for the sake flying with them. Is there any city in the northwestern United States that you could see becoming an AA hub in the future? It is certainly a black spot for them.

How likely are new hubs overall? SLC could be a great One World hub as DL is giving SLC very little love.

Also Delta seems to never come up as the best deal when I am checking prices, although they have their SEA and SLC hubs near us. Flight times via those cities seem extremely inconvenient. Considering that ATL is Delta's mega-hub, I was expecting to fly with them but their YVR-ATL is seasonal. :(

Looking forward to visiting Atlanta and doing things like The Walking Dead tour. Atlanta seems to have a lot going for themselves. :)
I wonder how there YVR flight is doing, they actually increased the frequency this year for the first time in a while. Would be nice to see ATL go year round or at least daily in the summer.

moosejaw
Aug 28, 2015, 2:17 PM

Lots to do in Atlanta
Coca Cola Museum
CNN Center
Stone Mountain
Catch a Braves Game
Depending where you are staying the rapid transit system is very good. I rarely need a car when i go

Bring your camera of course as its hometown of the architect John Portman (Peachtree Center) and lots of churches (its the south LOL) . If you venture to the mountains in the north, its very scenic...ie Gainesville (GA not FL). Dont be surprised to see people with gun strapped to them in the countryside. Its an open carry state.

trofirhen
Aug 28, 2015, 7:08 PM
How about a direct flight to Vladivostok and Denmark. Then Greenland and ALL of Russia would be orange. Haha.

Personally, I think a population heat map is more relevant.
The next ones I'm slathering for to go "orange" is swaths of South America,
(CHA, GRU, SCL) and if feasible, Turkey (IST). We don't really need Dubai, unless EK offers some crazily cheap deal, or you want the luxurious flight.
BTW .... I appreciate that you live in Japan and Vancouver, and that naturally your interests centre on E Asia. Totally normal, cool.
However, I think it's good to think worldwide, too. Outside Asia (China esp), where more flights will come, I think Vancouver would have it licked as a real world hub, with Oceania filled in (Melbourne) and as I said, the Mideast, Caucasus, and Eastern Mediterranean linked up (IST) and emerging S.America (GRU, CHA, and SCL).:yes:
(But having Osaka year round would be cool, too, and wow, love to get Singapre back.;))

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 7:37 PM
Lots to do in Atlanta
CNN Center

Yeah, on my list. It will be interesting to see how sitcom is being made. ;)

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 7:44 PM
We don't really need Dubai, unless EK offers some crazily cheap deal, or you want the luxurious flight.

I keep hearing people calling Emirates experience "luxurious". I have never flown with them, but wonder what the fuzz is all about since they have never made it to be a 5-star airline (http://www.airlinequality.com/ratings/5-star-airline-ratings/). Is it that their premium products are amazing but economy is ordinary? They are a 4-star airline (http://www.airlinequality.com/ratings/4-star-airline-ratings/) with Air Canada and many others.

I also find it funny how major American airlines (all of them) never made it past 3 stars. :rolleyes:

Denscity
Aug 28, 2015, 8:12 PM
YVR just reporting a trilateral agreement between Canada, USA, and Mexico.

LeftCoaster
Aug 28, 2015, 8:13 PM
Their economy is better, but in the end economy is economy. You get some little perks, the food is better, the service better but the chairs are still crammed in and food is often limited in choice. Premium is where their product is significantly better.

If you really want to experience a difference, in both economy or premium, fly Singapore airlines. Like EK their first/business is top tier, but their economy is a step above.

Oh and from my experience most American airlines don't even deserve 3.

LeftCoaster
Aug 28, 2015, 8:28 PM
Since I like Johnny's format, and for once I beat him to the punch, I'm going to just flat out steal it :)

Another strong month for YVR, although it barely beat out a strong month of growth at nearby Calgary, which is a surprise given their economic woes.

http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/Aviation_Marketing/July_2015_Traffic_Update.sflb.ashx

Overall up 5.6% YTD up 5.3%

Domestic up 4.2% YTD up 2.7%
Transborder up 5.8% YTD up 10.2%
Asia Pacific up 8.2% YTD up 4.4%
Europe up 9.7% YTD up 8.6%
Misc Int'l up 4.3% YTD up 7.1%

July 2015 is up over a strong 109,200 passengers compared to July 2014.
YTD June 2015 is up just shy of 590,000 compared to the same period last year.

Cargo growth up a slight 2.4%, but this still allowed YVR to achieve it's highest month ever at over 26,000 tonnes, YTD up 9.8%.

Surprises for me:

Domestic growth up sharply, for no apparent reason
Transborder did not blow the roof off like I thought it would. Weak dollar having an impact, but I expected it to be more.
Asia growth appears to be back with a vengeance, which is nice as that truly is YVR's bread and butter
European growth remains delightfully strong

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 8:35 PM
Another strong month for YVR, although it barely beat out a strong month of growth at nearby Calgary, which is a surprise given their economic woes.

Just a guess, but people having made their holiday plans way before the recent downturn may have been enjoying their holidays. It's the main travel season after all.

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 8:41 PM
Their economy is better, but in the end economy is economy. If you really want to experience a difference, in both economy or premium, fly Singapore airlines. Like EK their first/business is top tier, but their economy is a step above.

Yeah, SQ has always had a solid reputation. Too bad they don't fly from anywhere where I would be traveling from or going to. I flew with Malaysian Airlines when they were still a 5-star airline and it was a great experience. Also the few times I have flown with Turkish Airlines their experience in Economy has been better than the average. They have had the goal to become a 5-star airline for few years now, but they seem not to be there yet.

SFUVancouver
Aug 28, 2015, 8:43 PM
What happened to helicopter traffic at YVR in July?! Down 99.6%

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 8:47 PM
What happened to helicopter traffic at YVR in July?! Down 99.6%

All of them fighting wild fires? :P

What kind of traffic does this consist of normally? Charter flights to remote locations?

nname
Aug 28, 2015, 8:58 PM
All of them fighting wild fires? :P

What kind of traffic does this consist of normally? Charter flights to remote locations?

JB851 Vancouver/International (YVR) - Vancouver/Harbour (CXH)
JB858 Vancouver/Harbour (CXH) - Vancouver/International (YVR)

Probably the only scheduled route I can find.

trofirhen
Aug 28, 2015, 9:13 PM
Yeah, SQ has always had a solid reputation. Too bad they don't fly from anywhere where I would be traveling from or going to. I flew with Malaysian Airlines when they were still a 5-star airline and it was a great experience. Also the few times I have flown with Turkish Airlines their experience in Economy has been better than the average. They have had the goal to become a 5-star airline for few years now, but they seem not to be there yet.
Turkish is apparently putting most of its energy into expansion. In terms of airlines and the number of countries served, Turkish tops out at 110 followed by LH at 85 and BA at 78. Apparently, there's a vision of a huge new airport north of the Istanbul, plus the stated corporategoal of rivalling the M3 as the great dominant airlines and hubs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Airlines_destinations

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 9:48 PM
JB851 Vancouver/International (YVR) - Vancouver/Harbour (CXH)
JB858 Vancouver/Harbour (CXH) - Vancouver/International (YVR)

Probably the only scheduled route I can find.

Wow, talk about a pointless route with Canada Line being around. Of course if you will not want to travel with the common man in a filthy SkyTrain, then this is highly practical for you but then you won't have the chance to enjoy a ride on the backseat of your brand new Rolls Royce. Bummer. :(

trofirhen
Aug 28, 2015, 9:56 PM
Here's YYZ's "orange zones"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/YYZ_Destinations.svg/800px-YYZ_Destinations.svg.png

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:YYZ_Destinations.svg

Klazu
Aug 28, 2015, 10:03 PM
Ah, didn't find that earlier. Most impressive! That's a world airport right there (although the person has forgotten to color Greenland). Didn't know they have so many destinations in South America. Seems that New Zealand is really the only edge we have over them.

Will YYZ be likely to see any further expansion in Africa? It seems to be the only continent they lack some presence in on top of East Europe and Western Asia.

trofirhen
Aug 28, 2015, 10:43 PM
Ah, didn't find that earlier. Most impressive! That's a world airport right there (although the person has forgotten to color Greenland). Didn't know they have so many destinations in South America. Seems that New Zealand is really the only edge we have over them.

Will YYZ be likely to see any further expansion in Africa? It seems to be the only continent they lack some presence in on top of East Europe and Western Asia.
The routes to the Philippines and Australia are one-stops from YYZ, and nonstops (AC to SYD, PAL to Manila) from YVR. This, would entail same-plane service from YYZ.
As far as expansion in Africa, I think one of the first might be Jo'burg.

LeftCoaster
Aug 28, 2015, 11:02 PM
Ya the Philippines and Australia ones are kinda bogus IMO. Still a very impressive map.

trofirhen
Aug 28, 2015, 11:20 PM
Air Canada does have a lot of destinations, yes, and is now the fifth largest airline in North America, after, American, Delta, United, and Southwest.
It ranks 9th in fleet size worldwide, but places nowhere in any other category. See below if interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_airlines_in_North_America
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_largest_airlines

Kind of a shame that Vancouver-based CP AIR, at one time a competitor, then its Calgary-based succesor, Canadian, finally got taken over by AC.
But a country Canada's pop. size can only really support one major world airline.

SFUVancouver
Aug 29, 2015, 12:29 AM
Wow. Go YYZ! That's seriously impressive.

Johnny Aussie
Aug 29, 2015, 12:48 AM
Since I like Johnny's format, and for once I beat him to the punch, I'm going to just flat out steal it :)

Damn! See what happens when you fly too much... Now I'm in LA and having a ball watching the never ending action on the south runways from my hotel's exec lounge.

Yes, a very solid month of growth for YVR... another 2 million month (only the second month ever), another 1,000,000 domestic month (only the second month ever), another half a million transborder month (again, only the second month ever), total international smashed over 1,000,000 in July...Asia Pacific back in high gear, Europe continuing to turbo along... Domestic doing well. Every subcategory produced an excellent result in July. I just keep looking at the numbers and seeing more interesting observations. Domestic and International almost a 50/50 split.

I saw your comment about transborder but it is up over 28,000 in July from last year. That is almost an additional 1,000 pax per day so I'd say that is pretty good.

This is quite balanced growth across the board which continues to impress me anyway!

trofirhen
Aug 29, 2015, 1:31 AM
I'd love to know Seattle's relative per centages in comparison, to compare growth rates.

Hourglass
Aug 29, 2015, 6:03 AM
I'd love to know Seattle's relative per centages in comparison, to compare growth rates.

Sea-Tac is growing like crazy, YTD July shows passenger volumes up 13% to almost 24 million (www.portseattle.org/sea-tac).

Interestingly, though, international traffic only makes up 10% of SEA passengers compared with 50% at YVR. YTD July, YVR had almost 2.5x more international traffic than SEA.

I believe a lot of SEA's growth is due to (1) AS and DL fighting for market share, and (2) DL adding domestic connections to fill their Asia flights. I wonder how long this sort of growth can continue.

twoNeurons
Aug 29, 2015, 8:43 AM
Kind of a shame that Vancouver-based CP AIR, at one time a competitor, then its Calgary-based succesor, Canadian, finally got taken over by AC.
But a country Canada's pop. size can only really support one major world airline.

Maybe. I think it could support two, based on size alone. However, it's our proximity to the US which has a glut of airlines and destination that make it more difficult to have two major airlines in Canada. Although WestJet is slowly on its way to competing with Air Canada.

Johnny Aussie
Aug 29, 2015, 4:35 PM
As the winter schedules keep on updating....

Rouge will be flying to PSP six days per week this winter, this is an increase from three per week from last winter.

Flights will depart YVR daily except Saturdays at 1110.

Sooooo... rouge is expanding HNL, OGG, KOA, CUN and now PSP as well this winter.

Perhaps rouge is pleased with its YVR operations.

Johnny Aussie
Aug 29, 2015, 11:07 PM
Condor will add a fifth weekly flight on the FRA-YVR route next summer. This is one additional weekly flight compared to this summer.

Flights will operate on days 1-34-67. All flights will depart late afternoons or early evenings with a mumbo jumbo of times.

https://www.condor.com/eu/search_flightplans.do?origin=YVR&destination=ALL_AIRPORTS&season=S2016&x=85&y=13

trofirhen
Aug 29, 2015, 11:24 PM
Maybe. I think it could support two, based on size alone. However, it's our proximity to the US which has a glut of airlines and destination that make it more difficult to have two major airlines in Canada. Although WestJet is slowly on its way to competing with Air Canada.
On the domestic front, it seems to be competing head-on already.

Derek
Aug 30, 2015, 1:44 AM
As the winter schedules keep on updating....

Rouge will be flying to PSP six days per week this winter, this is an increase from three per week from last winter.

Flights will depart YVR daily except Saturdays at 1110.

Sooooo... rouge is expanding HNL, OGG, KOA, CUN and now PSP as well this winter.

Perhaps rouge is pleased with its YVR operations.

Yet still no SAN. :???:

trofirhen
Aug 30, 2015, 8:29 PM
Yet still no SAN. :???:
Yeah, that beats me, too. AC had direct YVR-SAN service for a while, but now one has to change planes at LAX again. Dunno what gives in that department.

sacrifice333
Aug 31, 2015, 12:31 AM
Lots to do in Atlanta
Coca Cola Museum
CNN Center
Stone Mountain
Catch a Braves Game
Depending where you are staying the rapid transit system is very good. I rarely need a car when i go

Bring your camera of course as its hometown of the architect John Portman (Peachtree Center) and lots of churches (its the south LOL) . If you venture to the mountains in the north, its very scenic...ie Gainesville (GA not FL). Dont be surprised to see people with gun strapped to them in the countryside. Its an open carry state.

Don't forget the Georgia Aquarium. #WhaleSharks!!!

Cage
Aug 31, 2015, 6:09 AM
Yeah, that beats me, too. AC had direct YVR-SAN service for a while, but now one has to change planes at LAX again. Dunno what gives in that department.

YVR-SAN has been tried a few times by both CP and now AC, each time there has been little sucess in the adventure. The bigger baffling thing is op how WS is able to make a go of it in SAN.

Derek
Aug 31, 2015, 6:22 AM
YVR-SAN has been tried a few times by both CP and now AC, each time there has been little sucess in the adventure. The bigger baffling thing is op how WS is able to make a go of it in SAN.

There's no doubt in my mind that AC could throw a Rouge 319 on the route and have it be profitable, especially now that the economy is picking back up. How could there possibly be that much demand to PSP but not SAN? I understand all the old folks going there for the winter, but PSP shouldn't be drawing more tourists than SAN. I'm not in the industry and I'm just pulling all of these words out of my ass, but YVR-SAN makes way more sense than YYZ-SAN. I don't even live in San Diego any more so it's not even very relevant to me but damn it I want this route back! I flew it all the time when I lived in SAN back when it was an E190 and the flights were always full. I know that full doesn't necessarily mean profitable, but there is certainly some demand for it.

trofirhen
Aug 31, 2015, 1:51 PM
Yea, Westjet does YYC-SAN, so why not YVR-SAN? There's a market there, surely. :koko:

AForce
Sep 3, 2015, 2:38 AM
Im not sure if this has been mentioned that YVR is paving Grant MConachie Way and Miller rd this month.

casper
Sep 3, 2015, 3:37 AM
Any thoughts on the plan for Air Canada to turn Vancouver into a supplemental hub to Toronto focused on Asia-Pacific.

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress.com/tag/air-canada-plans-to-increase-connectivity-at-toronto/

It Air Canada and Air China obtain approval to operate as a joint venture. I wonder if that would mean serving Air China's other hub Chengdu from Vancouver.

Johnny Aussie
Sep 3, 2015, 4:15 AM
Air Transat to launch once weekly nonstop YVR - FCO service next summer.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/03/ts-yvrfco-jun16/

TS544 YVR1340 - 1000+1FCO Fridays
TS545 FCO1145 - 1455YVR Saturdays

This route was last served in summer 2010 via LGW and in 2009 via BCN.
In 2010 TS planned to do a YVR-FCO-ATH route, however, ATH was dropped and FCO was instead routed through LGW.
I understand this is the first non-stop YVR-FCO.

trofirhen
Sep 3, 2015, 4:30 AM
Any thoughts on the plan for Air Canada to turn Vancouver into a supplemental hub to Toronto focused on Asia-Pacific.

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress.com/tag/air-canada-plans-to-increase-connectivity-at-toronto/

It Air Canada and Air China obtain approval to operate as a joint venture. I wonder if that would mean serving Air China's other hub Chengdu from Vancouver.
Looking at this, it leaves me wondering if this means a step up or a step down for YVR.
It seems Air Canada wants YYZ to be another LHR or DBX, and it seems that YYZ is geographically located to exploit that, but is New York - with its 3 main airports - not already a major global North American hub? And what about ORD?
So, if YYZ becomes a major global hub (and it already seems as if it is, or at least en route to becoming one), does this mean mean YVR gaining, remaing at current status with, or losing out to YYZ? That is what I would like to know. Additionally, would this mean less connecting traffic to South America from YVR, or not?

Although Air Canada has both DBX and DEL from YYZ coming up, it has also discontinued a number of destinations, in the USA, Europe, and Asia / Oceania
as shown in the Wikipedia AC destination list, assuming it is up-to-date. (The entire plan seems rather a large expansion of the status quo routes division.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_destinations

Johnny Aussie
Sep 3, 2015, 8:12 AM
Transat will add an additional flight per week on the YVR-LGW route which will increase that route to daily for the summer season.

With this addition and the new nonstop FCO flight, Air Transat is now expected to have 17 flights per week to six destinations from YVR - Europe next summer.

2016 is looking pretty good for additional international services so far.

Hourglass
Sep 3, 2015, 12:47 PM

This news is from a recent AC presentation at the BoydGroup International Aviation Summit in Las Vegas (http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/media/presentations/documents/ben_smith_las_vegas_aug312015.pdf)

What is interesting is slide 8 describing network opportunities in 2018. All speculative, but it's interesting to see AC's thinking on possible new routes from YVR: BKK, SIN, TPE, CAN, CTS and NGO in Asia; MEL and AKL in Oceania; CDG and FRA in Europe. No destinations in Latin America.

Will be interesting to see how many of these routes will actually be launched.

trofirhen
Sep 3, 2015, 1:58 PM
This news is from a recent AC presentation at the BoydGroup International Aviation Summit in Las Vegas (http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/media/presentations/documents/ben_smith_las_vegas_aug312015.pdf)

What is interesting is slide 8 describing network opportunities in 2018. All speculative, but it's interesting to see AC's thinking on possible new routes from YVR: BKK, SIN, TPE, CAN, CTS and NGO in Asia; MEL and AKL in Oceania; CDG and FRA in Europe. No destinations in Latin America.

Will be interesting to see how many of these routes will actually be launched.
I'm 99.44% sure this will remain the domain of YYZ, even with TWOV out of YVR.

..... (later) .... in fact, looking at the link, it clearly states that indeed, YYZ is to be THE connector to South and Central America.
If we are to have TWOV, this means that South American airlines will have to fill the gap for Vancouver.
The real question is; are any interested? Despite Craig Richmond's certainty, will this come about?

Chikinlittle
Sep 3, 2015, 6:14 PM
http://www.travelpress.com/air-canada-making-the-shift/#.VeiN17Ren_R

Gordon
Sep 3, 2015, 6:22 PM
would these likely be yvr or YYZ routes?

Chikinlittle
Sep 3, 2015, 6:44 PM
would these likely be yvr or YYZ routes?

YYZ-SIN would become the longest flight in the world by ~800 nautical miles.

So, if they intend for them to be non-stop flights from Canada, YVR would be the gateway.

Or perhaps they intend to have an enroute stop in NRT or HKG, or use an Asian city as a mini-hub.

casper
Sep 4, 2015, 1:29 AM
YYZ-SIN would become the longest flight in the world by ~800 nautical miles.

So, if they intend for them to be non-stop flights from Canada, YVR would be the gateway.

Or perhaps they intend to have an enroute stop in NRT or HKG, or use an Asian city as a mini-hub.

When Singapore Airlines operated YVR-SIN they stopped in Soule, South Korea.

YYZ is not at all likely. What may make sense is NRT if they can time it to have good connections on the YVR, YYZ and YYC flights.

craneSpotter
Sep 4, 2015, 1:47 AM
Well, this would be cool to see at YVR:

http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Hot-New/i-w8tgn8k/0/S/Fiji%20Airways%20(2nd)%20A330-200%20F-WWKD%20(DQ-FJT)(13)(Ldg)%20TLS%20(YD)(46)-S.jpg
airlinersgallery.com

Apparently YVR is on their radar for seasonal charters :) Sorry if this has been posted already...

http://fijisun.com.fj/2015/08/26/analysis-singapore-china-for-fiji-airways/

nname
Sep 4, 2015, 2:38 AM
Fiji Airway (Air Pacific) used to serve YVR via HNL I believe.

Johnny Aussie
Sep 4, 2015, 3:03 AM
Fiji Airway (Air Pacific) used to serve YVR via HNL I believe.

Yes sir.

Air Pacific used to fly twice weekly YVR-HNL-NAN.

Fiji Airways is their new branding.

They look fantastic.

That would be a nice addition to the growing list of airlines at YVR....

Klazu
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 AM
I would love to visit Fiji, so I like the sound of that news. :)

Johnny Aussie
Sep 4, 2015, 5:16 AM
AC is doing a fantastic job of filling the additional capacity they are adding.

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=916

Looking at Asia/Pacific specifically... 92.7% of seats filled.... the market has more than absorbed the 11% additional capacity added. The Pacific region had the highest LF and also the highest growth in LF.

A lot of this capacity was added at YVR with its increase in capacity on all former 763 routes becoming 788 routes plus the addition of KIX.

Of course, this includes all Asian routes including YYZ but with most Asian routes ex YYZ and YVR this suggests YVR routes are doing very well for AC, at least from a load factor perspective. I have also heard this from various sources anyway but seeing the hard numbers is a good sign.

Perhaps YVR will actually see some of these additional flights that are being suggested by AC.

SFUVancouver
Sep 4, 2015, 7:13 PM
AC is doing a fantastic job of filling the additional capacity they are adding.

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=916

Looking at Asia/Pacific specifically... 92.7% of seats filled.... the market has more than absorbed the 11% additional capacity added. The Pacific region had the highest LF and also the highest growth in LF.

A lot of this capacity was added at YVR with its increase in capacity on all former 763 routes becoming 788 routes plus the addition of KIX.

Of course, this includes all Asian routes including YYZ but with most Asian routes ex YYZ and YVR this suggests YVR routes are doing very well for AC, at least from a load factor perspective. I have also heard this from various sources anyway but seeing the hard numbers is a good sign.

Perhaps YVR will actually see some of these additional flights that are being suggested by AC.

That is great news about the quick absorption of AC's additional YVR-based transpacific capacity.

I have to say that Air Canada seems to have turned something of a corner. I have had good in-flight experiences with them lately, their international prices are competitive and sometimes cheaper, and they are investing in improving their in-flight product (at a loss of personal space, though) and new aircraft. They're winding down their use of Embraer E-Jets, which I don't like that much in favour of more A320s and, by decade's end, Boeing 737s (the new Max variant?). I have never had an issue with lost bags with AC, nor have I been on an over-sold flight and been bumped. Plus they upgraded me to business class on my most recent flight, which was nice!

trofirhen
Sep 4, 2015, 11:31 PM
That is great news about the quick absorption of AC's additional YVR-based transpacific capacity.

I have to say that Air Canada seems to have turned something of a corner. I have had good in-flight experiences with them lately, their international prices are competitive and sometimes cheaper, and they are investing in improving their in-flight product (at a loss of personal space, though) and new aircraft. They're winding down their use of Embraer E-Jets, which I don't like that much in favour of more A320s and, by decade's end, Boeing 737s (the new Max variant?). I have never had an issue with lost bags with AC, nor have I been on an over-sold flight and been bumped. Plus they upgraded me to business class on my most recent flight, which was nice!
Somehow the prospect of a Toronto - Jo'burg route rounds out the picture for me; symbolic of a real, big-time, global airline.

CareerShow
Sep 5, 2015, 10:29 PM
This is slightly off topic but do airlines still allow passengers to visit the flight deck during flights? It would appear some do based off some photos you see of the flight deck during the flight.

excel
Sep 5, 2015, 10:51 PM
No they do not. Those pictures would be from someone authorized to fly in the jump seat. Usually another pilot or employee of the airline.

Johnny Aussie
Sep 6, 2015, 12:21 AM
LAX: now increased to three daily (up from 19 weekly last winter) morning flight remains a daily 763 the other two daily on 319s

LAS: the five weekly morning flights now all 763. last winter only 3 per week on the 763. The daily afternoon flight remains a 319.

So with the other increases to PSP, HNL, OGG and KOA.... the winter rouge transborder operation will increase from 77 flights per week to 86 flights per week. 763 action increases from 25 to 32 weekly.

Thursdays to Sundays mornings YVR will have three 763s parked next to each other at the Transborder gates... Should look nice and purdy.

Oh... And sorry folks!! Still no flights to San Diego, Baton Rouge or Cedar Rapids! Perhaps we may see flights to SAN in the next couple of years again but the other two are less likely.

And the current tally taking into all the ups and downs and ins and outs... Transborder is showing about 70 daily flights for the winter scheds. I realise adjustments are made all the time but that's where we sit today.
Also, larger aircraft on some routes and more mainline showing at the moment too.

Soooooo.... until the next adjustment....

trofirhen
Sep 6, 2015, 12:47 AM
Long ago, when Frontier Airlines served YVR, there was a flight to Spokane that continued on to Denver and ended up in Shreveport, Louisiana. The days of past glory !!!;)

SFUVancouver
Sep 6, 2015, 7:39 AM
LAX: now increased to three daily (up from 19 weekly last winter) morning flight remains a daily 763 the other two daily on 319s

LAS: the five weekly morning flights now all 763. last winter only 3 per week on the 763. The daily afternoon flight remains a 319.

So with the other increases to PSP, HNL, OGG and KOA.... the winter rouge transborder operation will increase from 77 flights per week to 86 flights per week. 763 action increases from 25 to 32 weekly.

Thursdays to Sundays mornings YVR will have three 763s parked next to each other at the Transborder gates... Should look nice and purdy.

Oh... And sorry folks!! Still no flights to San Diego, Baton Rouge or Cedar Rapids! Perhaps we may see flights to SAN in the next couple of years again but the other two are less likely.

And the current tally taking into all the ups and downs and ins and outs... Transborder is showing about 70 daily flights for the winter scheds. I realise adjustments are made all the time but that's where we sit today.
Also, larger aircraft on some routes and more mainline showing at the moment too.

Soooooo.... until the next adjustment....

Thank you JohnnyAussie. Your updates are always greatly appreciated!

Valley_Refugee
Sep 6, 2015, 1:11 PM

YVR never will be a truly global hub until there's direct service to BTR and CID.

trofirhen
Sep 6, 2015, 1:39 PM
YVR never will be a truly global hub until there's direct service to BTR and CID.
I thought CHA, GRU, and SCL would do us better. ;););)

osirisboy
Sep 6, 2015, 2:25 PM
Lol!! Valley refugee was being sarcastic

trofirhen
Sep 6, 2015, 2:42 PM
Lol!! Valley refugee was being sarcastic
Ummmm .... yes, I know !!!:P
(Actually, I was hoping for Tulsa, Akron, and Chattanooga) !!!!