SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina Bypass Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210105)

HomeInMyShoes Jul 23, 2014 4:21 PM

The Fougereway.

Just rolls off the tongue.

Festivus Jul 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes (Post 6665979)
The Fougereway.

Just rolls off the tongue.

Better to rename the airport the Fougereport.

brithgob Jul 23, 2014 6:48 PM

As long as it doesn't end with "Drive" or "Trail". Or "Road" for that matter.

sask1982 Jul 23, 2014 7:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 6665924)
Maple Valley Green Grove Greens Heights F.W. Hill Memorial Expressway.

Combine all the crappy generic names the city/developers go with nowadays with the absurd long memorial names that are also popular for no good reason, and throw in some patronage to the Hills also for no reason.

Don't forget Wascana and Capital ha ha

North_Regina_Boy Jul 23, 2014 7:08 PM

Haha Capital Beltway :P (for those who get the reference)

Festivus Jul 23, 2014 8:34 PM

I am betting they won't even name it, and it will just be called the South Bypass.

brithgob Jul 23, 2014 9:32 PM

They should give it a number like 1A or 100

SkydivePilot Jul 23, 2014 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 6666025)
Better to rename the airport the Fougereport.

Nope, . . . the Roland J. Groome Airport suits our airport just fine. :)

Nathan Jul 23, 2014 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 6666430)
I am betting they won't even name it, and it will just be called the South Bypass.

Or they just call it the Transcanada Highway (sort of how they did with bypasses around towns elsewhere on the 1 and 11).

brithgob Jul 23, 2014 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 6666598)
Or they just call it the Transcanada Highway (sort of how they did with bypasses around towns elsewhere on the 1 and 11).

Victoria and Albert are still the Trans-Canada Highway. You have a business route and a bypass. Call them 1A or 1B, instead of calling both the business route and the existing bypass 1, as they are now.

Stormer Jul 23, 2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 6666604)
Victoria and Albert are still the Trans-Canada Highway. You have a business route and a bypass. Call them 1A or 1B, instead of calling both the business route and the existing bypass 1, as they are now.

Except for the part on the west side. That will need a new name.

Stormer Jul 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Open Skyway?

Treesplease Jul 23, 2014 10:46 PM

1b - reflects the cost.

seriously, I do like some reference to the riders like Migs mentioned or maybe the Greenway. We already have the green mile down Albert St.
I hope it doesn't end up being called "the other ring road". The two bridges in Halifax have elaborate formal names but are more commonly known as "the new one" and "the old one" or is it "this one" and "the other one"?

SkydivePilot Jul 24, 2014 4:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 6666430)

Well, since the premise of the Golden Mile mall was based on the fact that when it was completed in 1960, the distance to Highway #1 (to the south) was roughly one mile. (Nothing in between yet.)

The south portion of this new super Ring Road ought to be called: Three More Golden Miles. Lol!!! :D

blacktrojan3921 Jul 24, 2014 5:49 AM

I think it's more likely they will name it Thunderchild Way :P

http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=...f-fd92a7b7c793

cutterp Jul 24, 2014 3:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migs (Post 6665786)
Roughriders Expressway!

Oh please, nothing Roughrider related. So tacky.

Would much rather have Thunderchild Way than a rider reference.

djforsberg Jul 24, 2014 3:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutterp (Post 6667555)
Oh please, nothing Roughrider related. So tacky.

Would much rather have Thunderchild Way than a rider reference.

Really? The Riders are an integral part of the culture in Regina.

cutterp Jul 24, 2014 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 6667598)
Really? The Riders are an integral part of the culture in Regina.

Yes, dead serious.

As a Rider fan I do not find the over the over the top fanaticism of the Riders the be all and end all of what Regina, or Saskatchewan is. When I was on TSN last year as an athlete for a triathlon I was asked to chant "Go Riders Go!" I asked the producers, "Why? That has nothing to do with Triathlon." They said, "You are from Regina right?" OH PLEASE!

It's almost as disgusting to me as Tim Horton's marketing themselves as a "Canadian institution" or if you don't drink Tim Horton's then you aren't Canadian. When abroad, I despise when non Canadian's associate me with Tim Horton's, just because I'm Canadian. The RoughRiders do not make Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan. Even though they are a "big deal" here.

/end rant - Now back to the Thunderchild Bypass

HomeInMyShoes Jul 24, 2014 4:24 PM

I think we can all agree that we will probably all refer to it as:
"thank gawd they finally built it".

Stormer Jul 24, 2014 4:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutterp (Post 6667607)
Yes, dead serious.

As a Rider fan I do not find the over the over the top fanaticism of the Riders the be all and end all of what Regina, or Saskatchewan is. When I was on TSN last year as an athlete for a triathlon I was asked to chant "Go Riders Go!" I asked the producers, "Why? That has nothing to do with Triathlon." They said, "You are from Regina right?" OH PLEASE!

It's almost as disgusting to me as Tim Horton's marketing themselves as a "Canadian institution" or if you don't drink Tim Horton's then you aren't Canadian. When abroad, I despise when non Canadian's associate me with Tim Horton's, just because I'm Canadian. The RoughRiders do not make Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan. Even though they are a "big deal" here.

/end rant - Now back to the Thunderchild Bypass

Sorry, what does Thunderchild have to do with Regina?