SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlantic Provinces (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Atlantic Canada SSP Community Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203101)

JHikka Dec 24, 2012 7:49 PM

Atlantic Canada SSP Community Thread

I figured we should start one of these so we're not wishing people Merry Christmas and stuff in many different threads. For those of you who might not be sure what this thread is for, a community thread is just a thread to talk about whatever might be going on in our lives, events, or anything else. Generally anything that isn't related to construction, development, those sorts of things. CTs provides a good way for the forum members to get to know each other a bit more. :cheers:

As well, because our forum is directed towards developments in areas, you could use this thread as a means of finding out about places before visiting (like where to go, what to see, etc.).

So with that, I hope everybody has a good Christmas and Holiday season! I can't say i'm doing a whole lot this year, unfortunately. I'm planning on heading to Moncton via Halifax this Friday but the weather doesn't look like it's cooperating. :uhh:

SignalHillHiker Dec 24, 2012 7:55 PM

Excellent idea. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, everyone! :)

Townie709 Dec 24, 2012 7:59 PM

Great Idea! Merry Christmas everyone :)

MonctonRad Dec 24, 2012 8:07 PM

This is a good idea for a thread.

Merry Christmas to all. I hope that if the St. John's forumers are successful in getting a subforum that they don't stop visiting the broader Atlantic Canadian section too. I think there are more things binding the region than there is keeping us apart (aside from physical distance and ferries etc). :)

Townie709 Dec 24, 2012 8:35 PM

Don't worry, I will still visit the Atlantic Section and I'm sure my fellow St. John's posters will as well! I do hope we get our own section though!

SignalHillHiker Dec 24, 2012 8:46 PM

Definitely won't stop visiting. :D I can't wait for you guys to get a good boom.

I find it hard to follow big developments in large cities because there are so many. But it's easy to keep track of what's going on in Atlantic Canada. And it'll be great to follow the new highrise in Saint John or Moncton, etc. :D

Townie709 Dec 25, 2012 3:33 AM

It's official here in Newfoundland, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!! :)

Architype Dec 25, 2012 4:26 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone, and Happy New Year too.

SignalHillHiker Dec 25, 2012 10:22 AM

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas Eve and have a great Christmas Day!

What a wonderful night. I even got to answer the question, "Ryan, my love, when did your flight get in?" with "Umm... June 24."

JHikka Dec 25, 2012 2:18 PM

Got a new camera for Christmas. :tup:

Antigonish Dec 25, 2012 2:59 PM

Merry Christmas to all you FREAKS out there on SSP. :D

Best gift? My parents bought me a copy of Robert Caro's The Power Broker - Robert Moses and the Fall of New York !!

Immediate nerd boner.. lol !

I'd post the picture if I knew how! :P

SignalHillHiker Dec 25, 2012 3:19 PM

He said YES!!! I am engaged. :-)

MonctonRad Dec 25, 2012 3:45 PM

:previous:

Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :tup:

David1gray Dec 25, 2012 3:59 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Best gift for me was definitely the GoPro Hero3!
"Be a hero"

JHikka Dec 25, 2012 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David1gray (Post 5949967)
Best gift for me was definitely the GoPro Hero3!
"Be a hero"

Any plans for the GoPro? ;)

David1gray Dec 25, 2012 6:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHikka (Post 5950030)
Any plans for the GoPro? ;)

haha oh yes! Mainly snowboarding but there are many other possibilities :yes:

Smevo Dec 25, 2012 7:50 PM

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Maritimers from the very cold and snow covered lands of NW Calgary!

And a big congrats to SHH! :)

cormiermax Dec 25, 2012 8:08 PM

Merry Christmas all! :cheers:

theshark Dec 26, 2012 1:36 AM

it`s a little late but better late than never....Merry Christmas all!!

mylesmalley Dec 26, 2012 1:43 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!