SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Proposals (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   HOUSTON | One Market Square | 651 FT / 198 M | 41 FLOORS (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=206523)

cloud713 Jul 13, 2013 9:39 PM

HOUSTON | One Market Square | 651 FT / 198 M | 41 FLOORS
 
Developer: Stream Realty, Essex Commercial Properties
Architect: Gensler
Type: Office w/ retail
Location: 800 Preston, Downtown
Construction Timeline:

I couldnt find a thread on this tower so i figured id start one. Its another proposed skyscraper in Houston that was supposed to be the first 50 story tower built in 30 years when it was announced back in April (of course now Chevron and Hines have 50+ story buildings supposed to get off the ground next year). the renderings havent been publicly released but a few people have seen it and say it slightly resembles the Burj al arab, and is a pretty dramatic design with a "top fin fish" sail type architectural feature that is supposed to light up down the side of the sail.

the tower is mentioned towards the bottom of the page.

"International Tower is being developed by Stream Realty and Essex Commercial Properties. This 925,000-square-foot, 37 story, Class A building in the CBD is being marketed as Houston’s first 50-story office tower in 30 years."
http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.co...ts_Q1_2013.pdf

EDIT: one of the renderings just leaked on Swamplot. it shows the original 50 story plan (apparently it was reduced to 41 stories). the new version is of the same design and estimated to be around 725'.

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...-rendering.jpg

colemonkee Jul 13, 2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud713 (Post 6196990)
"This 925,000-square-foot, 37 story, Class A building in the CBD is being marketed as Houston’s first 50-story office tower in 30 years."

As someone who works in marketing/advertising, I think someone else needs to double-check their math. Then call their attorney.

cloud713 Jul 13, 2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemonkee (Post 6197020)
As someone who works in marketing/advertising, I think someone else needs to double-check their math. Then call their attorney.

haha, i agree. though the people who have seen the rendering confirm its a 50ish story building, just built on top of a very tall parking garage.

toxteth o'grady Jul 15, 2013 7:47 PM

A 37-story building platformed on a 13-story garage would be unusual for downtown. Any potential tenants?

cloud713 Jul 16, 2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady (Post 6198752)
A 37-story building platformed on a 13-story garage would be unusual for downtown. Any potential tenants?

i think they are vying for the same group of tenants as 5AC, and Capital Tower, so its a matter of which gets off the ground first. and apparently this was scaled back to 41 stories according to a poster on HAIF. im not sure how tall the garage will be now.

Urbannizer Jul 21, 2013 1:38 AM

This one is moving forward:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chron
Developers planning an office tower on the northern end of downtown haven't put shovels in the ground yet, but some recently patched holes on the site reveal the group is moving forward with its proposal.

The holes were part of a geotechnical study on the land.

Before any tall building is constructed, holes are drilled into the ground to collect soil samples that provide guidance for designing the foundation.

The site is next to Market Square Park and is bordered by Preston, Prairie, Milam and Travis.

Civil engineer Edward Ulrich, whose firm conducted the geotechnical study, compares the different components of engineering a skyscraper to the human body.

"The architect designs the skin. The structural engineer designs the bones. The mechanical engineer designs the circulation. My job as a foundation engineer is to design your feet," said Ulrich, of Houston-based Ulrich Engineers.

The proposed tower would be developed by Essex Commercial Properties, the real estate firm affiliated with general contracting firm Linbeck Group, and Stream Realty Partners.

Essex president Eugene Lee said the developers are exploring ideas that would enhance the area's pedestrian and retail environment.

"We're hoping we can be an additional catalyst around Market Square Park," he said.

A start date has not been set for the project, which could have 750,000 square feet.

Article:http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...er-4676395.php


toxteth o'grady Jul 22, 2013 3:50 PM

I couldn't find date for that article.

Urbannizer Jul 22, 2013 3:54 PM

I've just seen this one, and it's pretty nice. Makes a big impact on the skyline due to its location. I can't reveal the renderings until an official announcement is made or something leaks online. There are solar panels(?) within the top and the tower looks somewhat like a head and shoulders shampoo bottle from the south view. The floor count has been reduced to 41 floors - 30 office floors and 11 levels of parking.

shakman Jul 24, 2013 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6206028)
I've just seen this one, and it's pretty nice. Makes a big impact on the skyline due to its location. I can't reveal the renderings until an official announcement is made or something leaks online. There are solar panels(?) within the top and the tower looks somewhat like a head and shoulders shampoo bottle from the south view. The floor count has been reduced to 41 floors - 30 office floors and 11 levels of parking.

I pray the above grade parking is concealed behind an aesthetic appeasing façade.

Urbannizer Jul 24, 2013 3:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 6207975)
I pray the above grade parking is concealed behind an aesthetic appeasing façade.

It's your average parking garage, but hopefully they add a nice facade to it. The tower looks to be above 725ft.

cloud713 Jul 24, 2013 5:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6208070)
It's your average parking garage, but hopefully they add a nice facade to it. The tower looks to be above 725ft.

ugh.. at least the garage wont be visible in photos of the skyline, and like you said.. hopefully they add a nice facade.
725 feet though for a 41 story building, 11 floors being parking garage? that would be fantastic, it just seems a little optimistic (unless there is a crown/architectural feature on top) considering 609 Main is 757' and 49 stories, with a 60' crown on top. i hope the rendering was drawn to scale and your right.. it would have a huge impact on the north end of the skyline.

Urbannizer Jul 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud713 (Post 6208183)
ugh.. at least the garage wont be visible in photos of the skyline, and like you said.. hopefully they add a nice facade.
725 feet though for a 41 story building, 11 floors being parking garage? that would be fantastic, it just seems a little optimistic (unless there is a crown/architectural feature on top) considering 609 Main is 757' and 49 stories, with a 60' crown on top. i hope the rendering was drawn to scale and your right.. it would have a huge impact on the north end of the skyline.

Yeah the top makes it taller. They took several views of downtown from google maps and added the building to the skyline. It's a bit taller than the Fullbright Tower.

cloud713 Jul 25, 2013 5:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 6208694)
Yeah the top makes it taller. They took several views of downtown from google maps and added the building to the skyline. It's a bit taller than the Fullbright Tower.

thats great news.. now im even more excited about this one possibly moving forward. 3 different 700'+ towers possibly rising in downtown Houston at the same time. that will be quite a site.

cloud713 Jul 28, 2013 4:16 AM

How does one edit the thread title? I'm trying to put "725+ FT" in the thread title.

Urbannizer Jul 28, 2013 4:37 AM

^ Done. :) If you want a thread title changed you'll have to ask me or another mod here.

cloud713 Jul 30, 2013 9:17 PM

the rendering just leaked on Swamplot..

http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploa...-rendering.jpg

JayPro Jul 30, 2013 9:35 PM

:eeekk::eeekk::eeekk::eeekk::eeekk::eeekk::eeekk::eeekk:

KevinFromTexas Jul 30, 2013 9:38 PM

Oh my. Now that is a nice tower. That could end up being iconic for Houston. And it looks like there's an observation deck up there just below the crown.

What is the address for this location?

cloud713 Jul 30, 2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 6215699)
Oh my. Now that is a nice tower. That could end up being iconic for Houston. And it looks like there's an observation deck up there just below the crown.

What is the address for this location?

agreed. and i was hoping/thinking that may be what the 50th floor is. it definitely looks a little different than the other floors. the swamplot article still says 41 stories, but i counted the floors in the rendering and its 50, not 41. there do appear to be about 41 floors above a 9ish story parking garage though, so maybe the tower was never reduced to 41 stories, they just started calling it a 41 story tower because it was on a 9 story podium/garage? this thing is going to POP at night with the strip of color changing LEDs down the curved edge.

the address is the block bound by Preston, Prairie, Milan, and Travis. not sure on a specific block number.

TXLove Jul 30, 2013 10:13 PM

WOW! Please get this one built Houston :slob::slob::slob::slob:


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.