SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cancelled Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=654)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | 1601 Vine Street | 530 FT / 162 M (I) | 138 FT / 42 M (II) | N/B (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142606)

Xeelee Apr 18, 2008 3:13 PM

not too bad. it looks like the Anadarko tower here in houston.

NDPhilly Apr 18, 2008 8:22 PM

Does the 250 room hotel have a name. Also my commputer wont let me paste images on to the message. anyone now why

winxs Apr 18, 2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDPhilly (Post 3494441)
Does the 250 room hotel have a name. Also my commputer wont let me paste images on to the message. anyone now why

Intercontinental. And you can't....

Actually, you need to upload your images to a photo hosting service, like photobucket or flickr, and then you insert the pic's URL into your reply. Good luck.:rolleyes:

PS: use your spellchecker when you post. And question marks are a nice touch..... :D

Also, to keep the other forumers from posting snotty messages at you, read up about the project on the first page of the thread. That will answer many of the questions that you have been asking. Also, read each day's posts before you post yourself. It seems like you are asking questions that were asked and answered on the previous page of posts. That pisses off some of us older guys; we tend to lose our patience with kids easily. .....just some friendly advice.

bucks native Apr 19, 2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winxs (Post 3494904)
Intercontinental. And you can't....

Actually, you need to upload your images to a photo hosting service, like photobucket or flickr, and then you insert the pic's URL into your reply. Good luck.:rolleyes:

PS: use your spellchecker when you post. And question marks are a nice touch..... :D

Also, to keep the other forumers from posting snotty messages at you, read up about the project on the first page of the thread. That will answer many of the questions that you have been asking. Also, read each day's posts before you post yourself. It seems like you are asking questions that were asked and answered on the previous page of posts. That pisses off some of us older guys; we tend to not lose our patience with kids easily. .....just some friendly advice.

You're very kind, WINXS. That was nice of you. Constructive.

Lincolndrive Apr 19, 2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDPhilly (Post 3494441)

You have to open up a photobucket account to copy and paste pictures here. Its free and easy but its not possible to just save pictures directly to the site. Probably something to do with computer virus's I'm guessing.

hammersklavier Apr 25, 2008 7:17 PM

Ah-hah! The truth comes out!
According to the Illadelph:
Quote:

Joe Grasso, the elder of the two brudders, is also the man behind the ambitious American Commerce Center.

And David Grasso is the dude behind “The Vine” aka 1601 Vine Street in Franklintown, which is trying to get off the ground this summer, with an Intercontinental Hotel, a massive new Whole Foods, a Best Buy and a REI.
The ACC has funding and only needs (er-hem) the Zoning Board and Darrell Clarke's approval before steel can start rising; 1601 Vine (I think) has the zoning, but needs the funding.

apetrella802 Apr 26, 2008 2:31 AM

acc funding

ACC needs to demonstrate that it can secure a lead tenet

hammersklavier Apr 26, 2008 6:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apetrella802 (Post 3511573)
ACC needs to demonstrate that it can secure a lead tenet

I heard something about Blackstone looking into the ACC as a corporate HQ...?

No matter. That belongs on a different thread anyway. I was just pointing out that it's a pair of bros. trying to outdo one another.

Pennsgrant Apr 26, 2008 4:29 PM

I think the rumor is that Blackstone is interested in Cira South. TD Commerce is interested in ACC but who knows? Those rumors came from PBJ I believe.

RayZ Apr 26, 2008 5:59 PM

Commerce as Potential Tenant

Commerce is moving some of its IT functions to Toronto and consumer/residential loan processing to Portland, Maine.

So it looks doubtful that it would require a substantial amount of square feet in ACC. Also, I wouldn’t expect them to move many jobs from Cherry Hill to center city.

On the other hand, stranger things have happened.

Capsule F Apr 26, 2008 6:37 PM

I thought they already had half of their crap in Maine. So what, they are moving more to Portland, Me?

RayZ Apr 27, 2008 5:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capsule F (Post 3512527)
I thought they already had half of their crap in Maine. So what, they are moving more to Portland, Me?

"Commerce is moving some of its IT functions to Toronto and consumer/residential loan processing to Portland, Maine."

That processing which is now done in Cheery Hill is moving to Portland.

Pennsgrant Apr 28, 2008 2:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayZ (Post 3514049)
"Commerce is moving some of its IT functions to Toronto and consumer/residential loan processing to Portland, Maine."

That processing which is now done in Cheery Hill is moving to Portland.

Portland Me. can have the IT functions, but the TD Commerce HQ's should be in this region seeing how this area has a metro of 6 M in a megalopolis of 50 M. Meanwhile no offense but metro Portland has 350,000 people.

Jes44 Apr 30, 2008 6:29 PM

I wanted to see if there was any dates associated with the notice which was attached to the chained fence. Has anyone heard when they will start to demolish the existing parking lot there and officially break ground?

tua21506 May 1, 2008 2:12 AM

I think

Last time i walked past one of the signs on the fence i think i read that they have to do demo by sometime in June or the permit expires i think.

hammersklavier May 2, 2008 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tua21506 (Post 3522041)
Last time i walked past one of the signs on the fence i think i read that they have to do demo by sometime in June or the permit expires i think.

I walked by there yesterday and the license posted by the lot entrance on Franklin Town Bvld. just says that it expires six months from the date of issuance (I think that's what it said, anyway)...If it expires in June, that must mean it was granted in January?

Unfortunately, it still is a parking lot with a helluva lot of pigeons roaming around.

It's actually a decent spot, btw. It's two blocks east of the Family Court (needs to be a museum) and the 17th Street Bridge is far safer than the 16th St. one. Improved pedestrian connections at 16th would be an important community concession.

Final thought: something ought to be done about that parking lot at 17th and Vine, too...along with the surface lots all around Hahnemann U. Hospital. They're so bad you could practically build a boulevard through them all the way from Broad north of Race to LOVE Park.

theWatusi May 2, 2008 8:37 PM

isn't there a hotel proposal floating around for Broad/Vine?

Jes44 Jun 13, 2008 4:41 PM

I remember an earlier thread for this showing a picture of a document attached the chained fence to the parking lot stating that in June, construction would begin. I would assume that nothing has transpired since and the huge problem remains of financing this project. I think it would add greatly to that part of the city and considering the Convention Center is expanding, the city could use another nice facility. Anyone have any updates as to where this project stands?

NDPhilly Jun 23, 2008 7:48 PM

yea what is up the convetion center expanding it takes up valuable land that could be used to build syscrapers.

christof Aug 4, 2008 11:41 PM

Any word on when construction will staart on this project?