SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Discussions (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Washington, DC's boom (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231446)

MolsonExport Jan 15, 2018 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhun1 (Post 8047140)
You keep thinking you're getting a laugh at my expense but I stand firm; I'm 100% firm on that one.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and most certainly on skyline related issues given how trivial these are in the grand scheme of things, but saying that Jacksonville's skyline is better than Toronto is a little bit like saying Indianapolis is more cosmopolitan than New York City. While you are entitled to say this, you can also expect a little bit of push back, especially when you choose to be obstinate.

ThePhun1 Jan 15, 2018 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MolsonExport (Post 8047585)
everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and most certainly on skyline related issues given how trivial these are in the grand scheme of things, but saying that Jacksonville's skyline is better than Toronto is a little bit like saying Indianapolis is more cosmopolitan than New York City. While you are entitled to say this, you can also expect a little bit of push back, especially when you choose to be obstinate.

This is pretty much a dead issue. That said, as I said, bigger isn't always better.

And with that said, I totally get that I'm in the minority on that one and don't worry, I've even poked fun at myself in other threads acknowledging that it's a running gag on this board, so I'm not oversensitive to being made fun of for it.

But I stand firm on it and not just for the sake of being stubborn. I think Jacksonville is gorgeous, especially at night. It might look more imposing with a few more towers but right on the river, it's amazing as is. And you act like I said Jacksonville is one of the best handful of skylines in North America. I just said I liked Jacksonville's better than Toronto.

Razor Jan 17, 2018 4:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhun1 (Post 8047779)
This is pretty much a dead issue. That said, as I said, bigger isn't always better.

And with that said, I totally get that I'm in the minority on that one and don't worry, I've even poked fun at myself in other threads acknowledging that it's a running gag on this board, so I'm not oversensitive to being made fun of for it.

But I stand firm on it and not just for the sake of being stubborn. I think Jacksonville is gorgeous, especially at night. It might look more imposing with a few more towers but right on the river, it's amazing as is. And you act like I said Jacksonville is one of the best handful of skylines in North America. I just said I liked Jacksonville's better than Toronto.

Ummmm did you not originally boldly and matter of factly state that Jacksonville had a better skyline then Toronto's?..That's where the push back and mocking came in..I doubt that it would of been a deal if you just stated that you preferred Jacksonville's to begin with,.Doesn't matter though..Good on you that you like Jacksonville's..Most people on here never took your original statement seriously anyways..Non issue.

ThePhun1 Jan 17, 2018 6:13 PM

Yes, I like it better than Toronto's. It was much ado about nothing but turned into a bigger argument than it should have because I misunderstood something that Steely Dan stated.