SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   NEW YORK CITY | Mass ÷ Volume = Density (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187588)

Evergrey Jan 7, 2011 2:34 AM

i really like this tour!

fleonzo Jan 7, 2011 3:45 AM

Nice pictures and great job! Happy New Year to all!:notacrook:

Highrise_Mike Jan 7, 2011 6:01 AM

This has to be one of the best New York picture sets I've seen. Love it!

Mid-Michigan Jan 7, 2011 8:09 AM

One of my favorite cites, wish I could have seen pictures of Manhattan.

Thundertubs Jan 7, 2011 4:38 PM

Thanks again, folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by edsg25 (Post 5109550)
this is not a photo thread. this is a guy taking you by every means of transportation (including foot) and taking you around town from Manhattan to the outer boroughs see endless sights you've never seen before.

This is not a photo thread. This is like a week long trip to NYC, seeing it in a way you never thought possible.

Ha, I was in town for only two and a half days, and mostly doing family holiday stuff. I was only able to get out on my own to take pics twice. Maybe 3 hours total for all of these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWalpole (Post 5109728)
Chitowncity,

I posted them in reply to the comment directly above my post. Why do you care? I added more beautiful photos. I don't think that Stalinesque censorship is applicable on the forum.

Posting a bunch of pics on someone else's thread is generally frowned upon here. I'm not sure what they have to do with anything. Maybe pick just one or something.

Sincerely,
J. Stalin

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.John (Post 5109964)
Great stuff a lot of the shots have that nasty grungy 70's look to them ,but I do find the graininess (camera problems?) of some of the photos takes away a little of the brilliance of your work.... overall the best NYC photos I've seen in SSP

I should know more about cameras than I do, but a lot of the shots were handheld with full 18x zoom, which I think is the cause of some graininess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mid-Michigan (Post 5116867)
One of my favorite cites, wish I could have seen pictures of Manhattan.

About 80% of these are of Manhattan. It's a big island, with a lot of different looks.

architext Jan 7, 2011 10:01 PM

wow. Id really like to live there

dar124 Jan 10, 2011 10:10 PM

Great pics of a great city!!!

ChiTownCity Jan 24, 2011 6:54 PM

had to come back for thirds...

giovanni sasso Jan 24, 2011 7:23 PM

i'm glad you did, chitown, cos i somehow missed this the first time around. #85 is crazy -- exact same complex as a photo in nygirl's thread the other day, and this one with more specifics. that's what's up.

it's been a year and a half since i was last in new york. that's borderline insane.

great show, tubs.

ChiTownCity Feb 1, 2011 8:03 PM

I just can't get enough of this set...