SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Google Sketchup (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Sketch-Up Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133456)

FlyersFan118 Jun 21, 2007 4:16 AM

Sketch-Up Projects

I don't have a very long attention span, so I move from project to project on Sketch-Up easily. I figured that I'd post a bunch here, ending them with a city I'm working on that I finally think will stick (and I'll make a thread for once I get a little further into it, and figure out how to get non-shitty textures since I don't have enough hard-drive space for photoshop).

Here we go! Keep in mind that just about everything here is around half-way done, since I usually stop when it gets to texturing time, since I have no good textures whatsoever.

1.) Ballpark - Spent a good amount of time on this until texturing. I based it on a HOK-retro brick type stadium that are prominent nowadays.

2.) Bridge - Based on Golden Gate Bridge. Was to be in a city that was never actually started after I designed the bridge.

3.) Vegas-style City - Got started, but stopped because there's really only so much you can do with a city like this.

4.) Current Project
This city is based on Pittsburgh's layout and architecture, with some of my own style thrown in. I've finally found something that I think I can work with, so if I can figure out this texture situation, this should grow pretty quickly. It's an immense layout (was even bigger, but I truncated it because it was so huge before), so it'll probably kill my computer, but we'll see what happens.

Feedback?

Thanks for looking! :banana:

foxmtbr Jun 21, 2007 4:38 AM

Wow, you've got some great stuff there! I like the bridge, will it find its way into your new city at some point? I can't wait to see more!

FlyersFan118 Jun 21, 2007 5:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxmtbr (Post 2910081)
Wow, you've got some great stuff there! I like the bridge, will it find its way into your new city at some point? I can't wait to see more!

Depends on what I do with the layout of the city. I really liked the bridge, I just don't know what to do with it basically. I don't think the layout of this city will permit it. I'll probably use it in the future though. :tup:

Don't be surprised to see the baseball park though. I'll probably do a football stadium too, and an arena for that matter. We'll see.

rbowk Jun 21, 2007 6:12 AM

nice i like your current project going well !!!

Patrick Jun 21, 2007 7:50 AM

Very Nice! You should start a thread with your new city! Hopefully you can include that sexy bridge in it!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who traced over a real world city :)

Mocholate Jun 21, 2007 11:07 AM

:tup: cant complain about that , definitely worth finishing

Its very tempting to neglect responsibilities to get it done hey?:haha:

FlyersFan118 Jun 21, 2007 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 2910387)
Very Nice! You should start a thread with your new city! Hopefully you can include that sexy bridge in it!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who traced over a real world city :)

Yeah, I traced over Pittsburgh and then reshaped it a little bit. I couldn't get the layout the way I wanted it on my own so I figured that I could take Pittsburgh's and then reshape some places to get it to where I need it.

Peter Jun 21, 2007 8:03 PM

i absoluteley LOVE that bridge. i love the stepped design! :cool:

FlyersFan118 Jun 22, 2007 7:01 AM

Slow infill continues. Still no textures, name, geographic placement, or history. Getting there. :tup:

foxmtbr Jun 22, 2007 7:04 AM

Nice!

Mocholate Jun 22, 2007 7:36 AM

U gots da mad skills :cool:

cant say which part i like best cos it all kicks ass !

Mocholate Jun 22, 2007 7:40 AM

are you going to join all models on this page into your city ?

Bergenser Jun 22, 2007 8:48 AM

good looking buildings there! :D

Peter Jun 22, 2007 6:51 PM

keep it up :)

FlyersFan118 Jun 23, 2007 4:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocholate (Post 2912430)
are you going to join all models on this page into your city ?

Baseball field, in time. Bridge, I doubt it.

I can truthfully say that the buildings I've made for this city are the best bunch I've come up with so far. I've made some good ones before I think, but these are probably the best. I don't have a clue where my inspiration/creativity is coming from, because a week ago I couldn't come up with SHIT.

I still don't know have a clue what to do about textures...anyone got suggestions?

Mocholate Jun 23, 2007 6:56 AM

yeah, they all are well done , you all ready have 38? buildings there that if you lose inspiration could merge to create an instant skyline :haha:

Mocholate Jun 23, 2007 6:59 AM

p.s check out my thread here Fox has posted instructions, if you mean how to apply the textures

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=129552

FlyersFan118 Jun 23, 2007 7:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocholate (Post 2914534)
p.s check out my thread here Fox has posted instructions, if you mean how to apply the textures

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=129552

No, no, no, applying textures is definitely not my problem. I got that already (Las Vegas city picture). I just don't have any textures that are worth using. I won't put any that i have on the buildings in the city because they're shit. :yuck:

Mocholate Jun 23, 2007 7:18 AM

oh lol,,i don't know how people get the building picture ones to be square , i just draw all the edges and fill them with different textures , which is taking forever :haha:

Austin55 Jul 4, 2007 9:16 PM

Nuttin Knew Here? hey this my 10th Post Party!!