SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Boise | The Beautiful Fall in The Natural City (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208436)

Sawtooth Nov 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Boise | The Beautiful Fall in The Natural City

Here is my Fall photo collection of Boise beginning on the Autumnal Equinox up until this past weekend, in no particular order. The photos are from the downtown area including the river and parks and a few were taken within a couple miles of city center. Enjoy.

phillyskyline Nov 13, 2013 1:59 AM

This city always impresses me!

FutureNorthEnder Nov 13, 2013 2:16 AM

Nice shots! Thanks for the mini vacation. I especially like the one with the Canada geese floating on all those leaves. I like any shot with pretty old buildings, the river, or fall color so that pretty much covers them all.

Urbanguy Nov 13, 2013 2:36 AM

Great shots! You represent your city well. :)

volguus zildrohar Nov 13, 2013 2:42 AM

A lovely thread.

This looks like a nice trail.

fflint Nov 13, 2013 6:10 AM

Beautiful. I always enjoy Boise threads--great little city.

Danny Nov 13, 2013 2:36 PM

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Fall in Boise is really pretty. Love the colours of the trees. The downtown is very nice too.

These are my two favourites shots:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC_0032-4.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...DSC_0050-3.jpg

Congrats and greetings from Madrid, Spain.:tup:

ChrisLA Nov 13, 2013 11:05 PM

Always enjoy you threads of Boise, it looks like one beautiful city. I said it before but I would love to see Fresno take note and strive to revamp their downtown in a fashion like Boise. The setting of both cities are kinda similar, although it looks like the hills mountains are closer than in Fresno. It also reminds me a lot of Sacramento too.

As you can tell I love the look of western cities and their surrounding natural beauty. Perhaps one day I will have a reason to visit this nice looking city.

Northernlad Nov 14, 2013 8:06 PM

This is some beautiful photography Sawtooth. I love Boise, it has a bright future.

Surrealplaces Nov 14, 2013 8:26 PM

I've always like Boise, nice to see these great pics of it.

IdaBoi Nov 15, 2013 8:19 PM

Impressed as always. Sawtooth you consistently post excellent and well put together threads. IMO you are one of the finest reps of a city at this forum.

destroycreate Nov 15, 2013 10:54 PM

Lovely photos! Seems like a really nice, clean, and healthy middle-class city. Looks like an ideal place to raise a family on a smaller income.

How's gay life in Boise, anybody know? I'd be interested because ironically mormon cities have thriving gay nightlife.

mSeattle Nov 16, 2013 3:23 PM

Very nice! I've got to get over to Boise one of these days.

Buck Nov 16, 2013 5:55 PM

Boise is already such a beautiful city… the fall colors just make me want to pack up and move there so I can experience that for a few weeks every year. So nice. Thank you!

BoiseAirport Nov 16, 2013 8:56 PM

So amazing. Well done Sean, as always! I regret not being able to get out and snap more photos this Fall, we had an exceptionally vibrant one this year.

Thanks so much for your hard work and for representing our city so well! :cheers:

Morn Nov 16, 2013 9:44 PM

Interesting city, I thought Idaho was supposed to be highly conservative but there appears to be a hippy movement here.

Also, where's the Library!

kidboise Nov 17, 2013 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroycreate (Post 6341221)
How's gay life in Boise, anybody know? I'd be interested because ironically mormon cities have thriving gay nightlife.

There is one main gay club in the heart of downtown called The Balcony and a few others throughout the city. I think the presence of gay-themed clubs could definitely be stronger. In general my boyfriend and I (I am male) find it to be an extremely accepting place. Our neighbors are an older lesbian couple, and anyway, while there aren't really any gay neighborhoods or parts of town, people don't really seem give a ***t. There are also quite a few same-sex parents raising kids here.

...As for the gay nightlife though...yeah, could be better :)

xzmattzx Nov 18, 2013 4:58 AM

Nice pictures

Cottonwood Nov 18, 2013 3:38 PM

Beautiful work Sawtooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroycreate (Post 6341221)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidboise (Post 6342779)
There is one main gay club in the heart of downtown called The Balcony and a few others throughout the city. I think the presence of gay-themed clubs could definitely be stronger. In general my boyfriend and I (I am male) find it to be an extremely accepting place. Our neighbors are an older lesbian couple, and anyway, while there aren't really any gay neighborhoods or parts of town, people don't really seem give a ***t. There are also quite a few same-sex parents raising kids here.

...As for the gay nightlife though...yeah, could be better :)

kidboise summed it up. I will just add that Boise is not a Mormon city and that church does not influence the lifestyle of the city, the Catholic Church is more noticeable. The overall nightlife is rather impressive and inclusive for a city of this size and everyone seems to intermingle at various establishments and I feel this is why there are only a few or three "gay only" bars in Boise. Depending on the night, any given club or bar or lounge in downtown can seem like a gay bar depending on the crowd. There is a high concentration of restaurants, bars/clubs in downtown which typically results in a busy downtown nightlife.

mttop Nov 19, 2013 5:30 PM

Your Boise threads always put a smile on my face. Thanks!