SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buildings & Architecture (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | Comcast Technology Center | 1,121 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209240)

gd1 Jul 28, 2014 2:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallCoolOne (Post 6671839)

Nice! But they really picked a bad rendering. It makes the building look 600 ft.

summersm343 Jul 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R5Ryder (Post 6671947)
Does that sign say "Hotel W"? That can't be right, right?

Haha. It says Hotel with Restaurant. Hotel w/ restaurant.

Philly-Drew Jul 28, 2014 2:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R5Ryder (Post 6671947)
Does that sign say "Hotel W"? That can't be right, right?

That would be Hotel W/Restaurant.

Or

"Hotel with restaurant."

You must have the W hotel on the brain!:babyeat:

I know I do. I have been searching for anything new news related to the W, but can't find anything.
:uhh:

Jawnadelphia Jul 28, 2014 3:15 PM

I was looking for a sign or anything walking around that lot yesterday - nothing. But definitely a lot of spray paint markings on the ground. Wish I was an engineer ...:shrug:

Londonee Jul 28, 2014 4:43 PM

7/28/14

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...3DD036CC4D.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...C5B1634294.jpg

PhillyNewsNet Jul 28, 2014 6:13 PM

Comcast Innovation and Technology Center Construction Webcam

Comcast Innovation and Technology Center Construction Webcam

http://phillynews.net/webcam/comcast.jpg

Flyers2001 Jul 28, 2014 6:29 PM

Aerial shots are great, but it doesn't do it justice in regards I how deep thy dug ready. Drove by today and was highly impressed with how much they have do e in a short amount of time.

JustSomeGuyWho Jul 28, 2014 7:46 PM

This is really exciting. I think I am even a bit more excited that another surface parking lot has been erased than the fact that it is a supertall. I haven't lived in Philly for a while now but I remember this being a surface lot back in the early 90's. Seems to me that there are quite a few opportunities for infill between this site and the Schuylkill river north of Market. Here's hoping that the additional jobs and foot traffic create the momentum to erase the remaining surface lots.

mmikeyphilly Jul 28, 2014 9:08 PM

Nice.....But who needs a construction cam when we have Londonee with the very best vantage point! I think we should put Londonee in charge of the progress, at least from above. :cheers: Maybe we can even get more detailed progress, if we can find out what the construction crew is having for lunch on a particular day! (j/k):haha:

apetrella802 Jul 29, 2014 12:30 AM

webcams

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly (Post 6672478)
Nice.....But who needs a construction cam when we have Londonee with the very best vantage point! I think we should put Londonee in charge of the progress, at least from above. :cheers: Maybe we can even get more detailed progress, if we can find out what the construction crew is having for lunch on a particular day! (j/k):haha:

let's have both, Comcast webcam and any other person who is kind enough to contribute photos of construction progress.

dabcom Jul 29, 2014 2:43 AM

Dude, just move this to under construction.

Mappy Jul 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabcom (Post 6672854)
Dude, just move this to under construction.

There needs to be a forum version of a party when Philly gets its first "Supertall Construction" thread!
:typing::ahhh::fireworks::cheers::drunk::ahhh:

josef Jul 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mappy (Post 6673270)
There needs to be a forum version of a party when Philly gets its first "Supertall Construction" thread!
:typing::ahhh::fireworks::cheers::drunk::ahhh:

Haha, I think you just found it.

Parkway Jul 29, 2014 7:07 PM

When this thing gets into the air a little bit I'll be able to post updates from my deck which is "somewhere" near the Granary.

tower Jul 29, 2014 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1 (Post 6671107)
Is anyone ticked about the roof height? I mean I'm not disappointed I just hope this building stands out among others.

Not gonna lie, I still haven't quite gotten over it. I feel it doesn't truly dominate CC. And in any view where the spire is obstucted, it shrinks lower than CC. It kinda of looks like CITC is the slightly shorter dude in the room who is raising his hand up to try and appear taller or something. I still like the building, but I would have much preffered to see the general massing of CITC soar above CC a bit. Just sayin

PhiLaw Jul 29, 2014 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tower (Post 6673626)
Not gonna lie, I still haven't quite gotten over it. I feel it doesn't truly dominate CC. And in any view where the spire is obstucted, it shrinks lower than CC. It kinda of looks like CITC is the slightly shorter dude in the room who is raising his hand up to try and appear taller or something. I still like the building, but I would have much preffered to see the general massing of CITC soar above CC a bit. Just sayin

It's not supposed to dominate CC as the Empire State building did in midtown Manhattan for so long. It's supposed to be loom very large presence in Center City, but weaved into the fabric of the existing skyline. Notice the parallel from a PR perspective?

Perklol Jul 29, 2014 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 6671208)
^^^^^

BNY Mellon Center

Thank you, it's gorgeous. :cheers:

Philly Fan Jul 29, 2014 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiLaw (Post 6673710)
It's not supposed to dominate CC as the Empire State building did in midtown Manhattan for so long. It's supposed to be loom very large presence in Center City, but weaved into the fabric of the existing skyline. Notice the parallel from a PR perspective?

Not to mention that, from Comcast's perspective, CITC and its vertical, industrial-style lofts of hackers, programmers, and software engineers are NOT supposed to lord it over the executive suites of the nearby Comcast Center. :rolleyes:

alasi Jul 30, 2014 1:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tower (Post 6673626)

Just think how it will all come together when they build a 1300' tower on the PECO parking lot:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Philly Fan Jul 30, 2014 1:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alasi (Post 6674035)
Just think how it will all come together when they build a 1300' tower on the PECO parking lot:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Is this possibly in the works? Or just wishful thinking? :rolleyes: