SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   My City Photos (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   Chicago In 20 Shots or Less (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=240877)

MonkeyRonin Nov 5, 2019 3:51 AM

Chicago In 20 Shots or Less
 
A few snaps from a weekend trip to Chicago.


https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...018c6367_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...370b0d72_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...99c605f7_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...7ddf49f3_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...61d0f189_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...fbd65075_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6c25925e_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6a0aa25c_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...9d0666a0_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...88d09566_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...99c786f5_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...de05a803_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f68e126a_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6eff2d2a_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1b689870_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...87bdf7ff_b.jpg

SIGSEGV Nov 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Great shots. Love the alley pic.

ChrisLA Nov 5, 2019 5:43 AM

Good job, I enjoyed your photos.

geomorph Dec 3, 2019 1:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin (Post 8739080)

What neighborhood is this?

LMJCobalt Dec 3, 2019 2:53 PM

It is Wicker Park--Damen, Milwaukee, North intersection.

Poster has a great telephoto lens. The tower all the way in the background is 2.5 miles away at the lakefront across from Lincoln Park.

Nightsky Dec 5, 2019 11:54 AM

Great photos! And good work with "kill your darlings". :cheers: I could never manage to take less then 100 pics in Chicago, took about 2200 pics during my visit there. :)

harryc Dec 5, 2019 1:21 PM

Great shots - and only 20 - THAT is hard.

MonkeyRonin Dec 11, 2019 1:20 AM

Thanks guys!



Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightsky (Post 8767363)
Great photos! And good work with "kill your darlings". :cheers: I could never manage to take less then 100 pics in Chicago, took about 2200 pics during my visit there. :)


More than anything it was because I was only allowed a single carry-on bag on my flight, so I didn't have room for a camera bag or knapsack and didn't like having to carry my camera gear in my hand everywhere. :haha:

Razor Dec 11, 2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin (Post 8772306)
Thanks guys!

First of all .Great photos!

A little OT. I was just in Toronto last week and while at a Raptors game, I struck up a convo with a young lady sitting next to us. She told us that she was just in Chicago the week before, and the downtown and lake front really reminded her of Toronto. Curious. did you get that same vibe?. Again great pics.

MonkeyRonin Dec 12, 2019 2:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 8772493)
First of all .Great photos!

A little OT. I was just in Toronto last week and while at a Raptors game, I struck up a convo with a young lady sitting next to us. She told us that she was just in Chicago the week before, and the downtown and lake front really reminded her of Toronto. Curious. did you get that same vibe?. Again great pics.


Actually being there only reaffirmed for me that Toronto and Chicago have almost nothing in common beyond being big Great Lakes cities with lots of skyscrapers.

Totally different architecture, layout, transit, demographics, culture, and vibe.

bilbao58 Dec 12, 2019 4:33 PM

Will never forgive my sister for moving back to Texas and thus depriving me of a free place to stay in Chicago. :hell:

Razor Dec 12, 2019 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin (Post 8773743)
Actually being there only reaffirmed for me that Toronto and Chicago have almost nothing in common beyond being big Great Lakes cities with lots of skyscrapers.

Totally different architecture, layout, transit, demographics, culture, and vibe.

Okay thanks!..Her perspective was obviously narrowed down to just what you stated..Big and busy great lakes cities being the only parallel between the two , so she went with that.

dc_denizen Dec 13, 2019 1:13 AM

20 more please


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.