SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   Calgary Food, coffee, etc. (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140013)

jeffwhit Jun 2, 2008 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innersoul1 (Post 3587380)
Thanks!

Was it Belle-Vue Kriek by chance? I love that beer!

Kriek would be cherry. I assume they're being supplied by the Kensington Wine Market.

ST1 Jun 2, 2008 9:15 PM

1000 posts. :cheers:

Just wanted to say that I've gotten alot of good info off of this thread. Keep up the good work everyone.

Innersoul1 Jun 2, 2008 9:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sky (Post 3589026)
I wonder how it compares to the lobster Poutine at Brava Bistro (by far the best I've ever had).

Add Lobster to the equation and it is a whole other ballgame

ST1 Jun 2, 2008 9:37 PM

I keep hearing about this lobster poutine. Something I've gotta try for sure.

Rusty van Reddick Jun 3, 2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST1 (Post 3589188)
I keep hearing about this lobster poutine. Something I've gotta try for sure.

It's a pretty liberal deconstruction of "poutine." It's fries, a creamy sauce americaine (sometimes called a "rose" sauce), mascarpone and lobster. It is one of the most delicious things you'll ever taste.

Just Build It Jun 3, 2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furrycanuck (Post 3589545)
It's a pretty liberal deconstruction of "poutine." It's fries, a creamy sauce americaine (sometimes called a "rose" sauce), mascarpone and lobster. It is one of the most delicious things you'll ever taste.

I've never tried it before, but I've heard about it from various people. It must be amazing.

RWin Jun 3, 2008 5:35 PM

I went to the Good Earth Cafe just up the stairs from Artigiano in the +15 again.

Had another cappuccino - made by a different person than last time. I'd say it was on par with Second Cup or Starbucks. There seems to be a lack of consistency - at that location at least.

NumberFive Jun 3, 2008 9:17 PM

Thanks to this board (and me having to try Artigianno due to the hype), I'm officially there religiously every morning for my Spanish Latte fix.

Innersoul1 Jun 3, 2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffwhit (Post 3589111)
Kriek would be cherry. I assume they're being supplied by the Kensington Wine Market.

Fruli then?:tup:

Rusty van Reddick Jun 4, 2008 12:24 AM

FRULI. That was it! Thanks, innersoul!

Surrealplaces Jun 4, 2008 1:29 AM

This is a great thread. I've found a few good new places that I had never heard about until coming here.

Innersoul1 Jun 4, 2008 6:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furrycanuck (Post 3591271)
FRULI. That was it! Thanks, innersoul!

No worries mate! I don't know why it didn't come to me earlier as it is one of my wife's favourites. We just bought some at the Coop liquor store.

crooked rain Jun 5, 2008 2:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberFive (Post 3590799)
Thanks to this board (and me having to try Artigianno due to the hype), I'm officially there religiously every morning for my Spanish Latte fix.

What is a Spanish latte?

SpongeG Jun 5, 2008 2:53 AM

it uses sweetened condensed milk and regular milk

NumberFive Jun 5, 2008 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crooked rain (Post 3593820)
What is a Spanish latte?

Basically it's a regular latte except they put a little bit of sweetened condensed milk in it for a little more sweetener.

Rusty van Reddick Jun 6, 2008 3:47 PM

De Ville opened yesterday at 5pm- soft non-morning opening to get their sea legs, I guess. They're looking at 7-7, 7 days a week for now. A local coffeegeek (one who works as a barista at Wicked in Van when he's away at UBC and who is currently doing some shifts at P&S) declared it "excellent," which is endorsement enough for me. They use Intelligentsia coffees, which are roasted in Chicago and would probably be considered one of the top 3 artisanal roasters in North America. This is the first shop in Calgary to source Intelli (Communitea in Canmore does as well, and further afield so does Three Bananas in Edmonton).

2nd floor of Art Central- I might check it out today.

Big Sky Jun 9, 2008 5:28 AM

Sounds like it's worth a try. ^ Thanks for the info Furry.

NumberFive Jun 10, 2008 5:50 PM

Anybody heard where the next Artigianno in Calgary is going to be? I heard there could be something going into the new buildings (not yet finished)across from the Palliser (on the south side of 9th between the Palliser and Gulf Canada Square). Can anybody confirm anything?

Rusty van Reddick Jun 10, 2008 6:59 PM

There is going to be a high-end resto (affiliated with the Ned Bell group I think- Vintage/Redwater etc) in HH1 and it will be open this summer from what I understand. I know that Artigiano intends to open 3 Calgary locations but have no idea where the others might be. Actually a great location would be in Le Germain but that's obviously a ways off...

IntotheWest Jun 10, 2008 8:27 PM

^HH1??

3 more Artigianos? Wow.