SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mountain West (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mtn Westerners Poll; which area describes where you live? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129743)

boisecynic Apr 20, 2007 7:09 PM

Mtn Westerners Poll; which area describes where you live?

I thought this would be an interesting study in forum-er demographics. This is an anonymous poll, vote early, vote often.

Edit: 4/24, corrected spelling error, arggghhh.

Mr.Boisean Apr 20, 2007 7:22 PM

I think you need to add an option to the poll. I live neither DT nor in the suburbs... I live in Boise proper.

sundevilgrad Apr 20, 2007 7:24 PM

So, I voted for suburbs,which is technically correct. However, I live in the 85281 zip code which is downtown Tempe, arguably the most "urban" area in the Phoenix metro area.

nobody Apr 20, 2007 7:30 PM

I voted downtown though I'm not sure where I fit. I live off of Warm Springs about half a mile from Broadway (in Boise), so it's fairly urban in that there's a ton of people piled on top of eachother all around my block, but there's no stores or anything, so it's kind of suburban in that aspect. Meh?

sundevilgrad Apr 20, 2007 7:47 PM

Downtown = the downtown of the metropolitan area you live in.
Suburbs = not downtown.

Front_Range_Guy Apr 20, 2007 7:51 PM

No doubt about it. I live in sprawlburbia. 1980's style. I hope to get out in the next year. :fingerscrossed:

boisecynic Apr 20, 2007 8:02 PM

Places like downtown Tempe, I think should fit into the downtown category.

I also thought a small town might be yet another category, but if you live "in" town i.e., near a market, bar, post office or such things, then that should be considered downtown and not suburban or rural.

Edit: Compared to many other cities, downtown Boise is not very "downtown."

Edit: #2: Re: MrBoisean, oops I meant Boishee, I would call that near downtown, you could certainly bicycle it easily, and no trek on a freeway is needed to get there.

Sawtooth Apr 20, 2007 8:48 PM

I am in the Ellis Addition of the Northend and am a downtowner since I can walk downtown in less than 10 minutes or bike there in 5. My opinion is that the Northend is an extension of the downtown proper. They flow and mesh with each other perfectly.

But wait, maybe Hyde Park is my downtown:haha:

SLC Projects Apr 20, 2007 9:31 PM

I live in the Suburbs, don't have the money to live downtown. Maybe one day.

wrendog Apr 20, 2007 9:37 PM

Suburbs for me.. then again, I don't mind 5 year old cookie cutter neighborhoods like the rest of you guys.. :)

SLCforme Apr 20, 2007 9:43 PM

I can get downtown on my bike in 10 minutes and I'm in the city proper so I'll call it downtown.

BroncoCSU05 Apr 20, 2007 11:27 PM

i live across the street from coors field. i think i qualify as downtown.

Boizean Apr 21, 2007 2:33 AM

Alright who else voted for out in the sticks. Thought for sure I'd be the only one. The rest of you suck. :P

i-215 Apr 21, 2007 4:40 AM

What about existing older towns that were out in the sticks but have been "sprawled around."

That works for Magna or Provo, I suppose. I put suburbs.

IdahoMountainBoy Apr 21, 2007 4:44 AM

I live at arguably one of the most busy intersections in Downtown Denver...so that was my vote :)

jedikermit Apr 21, 2007 2:28 PM

In the suburbs--we lived in downtown SLC for about 4 years, then moved out to the burbs 3 years ago. We like it, but I miss downtown. It is nice having a big backyard for the kids, but downtown was more fun for us.

wrendog Apr 21, 2007 4:14 PM

I don't know why anyone would choose downtown over suburbs anyway. Downtowns are freaking dangerous. Suburbs are safe. Think of the children.

Mr.Boisean Apr 21, 2007 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 2783961)
I don't know why anyone would choose downtown over suburbs anyway. Downtowns are freaking dangerous. Suburbs are safe. Think of the children.

:haha:

FrancoRey Apr 21, 2007 6:19 PM

I live in hippyville, liberalville, etc. AKA Boulder, CO.

BroncoCSU05 Apr 22, 2007 4:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdahoMountainBoy (Post 2783382)
I live at arguably one of the most busy intersections in Downtown Denver...so that was my vote :)

you live at broadway and colfax? speer and colfax doesn't have any residential either...so i guess i'm wondering where you live?