SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   CLEVELAND | Project Rundown (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97396)

MayDay Jan 27, 2006 3:21 PM

CLEVELAND | Project Rundown

Moved to UrbanOhio.com forum

Sulley Jan 27, 2006 5:43 PM

Awesome. I can't wait to be in CLE tonight.

DIESELPOLO Jan 27, 2006 6:30 PM

Cleveland's Pretty Cool. Was There For About 2 Hours For Lunch On The Way Back From Memphis. Um...and The Projects Look Pretty Good As Well.

oLeG Jan 27, 2006 9:29 PM

i don't really like the project... I'll visit Clevland in about a month and will see what they are biulding there with my own eyes

colemonkee Jan 27, 2006 10:23 PM

I like a lot of these. They're not tall, but their dense and the design seems solid. Though they could limit the number of proposed buildings with curved pitched roofs. I think I saw at least four.

Cory Jan 27, 2006 10:34 PM

I'll take the Avenue District and the "unnamed" project anyday over skyscrapers. Great projects so far.

Austinlee Jan 28, 2006 4:26 AM

Cleveland is on a roll. Lots of nice projects going on their.

mSeattle Jan 28, 2006 4:10 PM

Colemonkee, I think the curved roof of the four projects will be a nice alternative to flat roofing that already exists throughout the city.

MayDay Jan 30, 2006 2:25 PM

Well, the curved pitched roofline is somewhat of a trend right now - plus it's practical, given Cleveland having substantial snowfall.

wanderer34 Jan 30, 2006 4:56 PM

The Avenue District looks okay, and I'm not sure about the Flats project, but I'm not feeling the Steelyard Commons at all. It's just another glorified shooping center, if you ask me. Pittsburgh continually changes it's image by the minute while Cleveland makes another pinhole on a sinking ship. That's what I don't like about it.

MayDay Jan 30, 2006 6:00 PM

Thanks - this is thread is about projects in Cleveland. No one cares what you like about Pittsburgh - really, we don't. You're a broken record - get some new material.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/newbie.htm

wrab Jan 30, 2006 6:22 PM

Wow, MayDay, nice job on the rundown. Thanks. Most of these projects are really sharp. The Flats East project is a bit of a shocker, though - an extreme makeover.

Saw the Pinnacle on my last visit to town, and it looks great in person - clean, modern, well detailed. Hope the trend continues!

Awkab Jan 30, 2006 6:31 PM

The Pinnacle reminds me of the type of flats that are being built all over South Africa at the moment...I'm fan of the architecture as well. It looks sleek and modern, and I think it always looks interesting when juxtaposed with earlier architectual styles.

Suburban Lou Feb 6, 2006 10:55 PM

Thanks for the thread MayDay, Cleveland is on a roll.

Dracmus Feb 13, 2006 11:22 PM

good job. i was considering making a compilation thread for cleveland but i had no clue where to start. although many are not above 20 stories...i do think cleveland needs to get building again. now if they would only build the ameritrust tower it would be perfect...

ItsConanOBrien Feb 14, 2006 12:15 AM

Go Cleveland!

JBinCalgary Feb 14, 2006 6:26 AM

some great projects that are really gonna improve the downtown, moreso than it is now! imo

thanks for the updates mayday

Sulley Feb 14, 2006 6:36 AM

MayDay, which convention proposal do you like best?

MayDay Feb 17, 2006 3:25 PM

I prefer the lakefront proposal for several reasons - it lends itself to further expansion towards the lake; it's a much less intrusive structure; and the fact that Forest City Enterprises retracted their riverfront proposal and then presented it again makes me question their motives. I should also mention that the new housing/construction in the lower portion of the Tower City/Riverfront proposal (across the river from Terminal Tower) is no longer a component.

mSeattle Feb 19, 2006 7:05 PM

Stonebridge Plaza is wow. Now that is imagination. What otherwise (and most any money-grubbing developer) would be constructed as a pure "box" is turned into elevated slanting walls and waves top and bottom.