SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mountain West (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mountain West Microbrew: Chit chat and irrelevancy (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187762)

Cirrus Jan 2, 2011 6:33 PM

Mountain West Microbrew: Chit chat and irrelevancy

(Wouldn't want anyone to think bunty started this thread.)

bunt_q Jan 3, 2011 5:15 PM

I was out in Aurora last weekend. They're building a new Subway. But I didn't stop to look because I'd already had lunch.

Aaron, I am sure Houston is chock full of Subways.

wong21fr Jan 3, 2011 5:16 PM

^Bunt, you are in particular fine form your last few posts.

PLANSIT Jan 3, 2011 5:32 PM

$5 = footlong

1 mile subway (5280 ft) = $26,400

I told you it wasn't $1 billion per mile!

RyanD Jan 3, 2011 9:30 PM

It's kinda funny that this same conversation happened last May on the development forum. And now I really want a sandwich after the $5 footlong comment... :eat:

pablosan Jan 4, 2011 12:57 AM

All of this talk about subway is making me hungry. I'm going to eat some hot chili.

glowrock Jan 4, 2011 2:18 AM

How the hell can discussions involving horrible sandwiches make one hungry? Subway? Yuck! At least give me a Quizno's, perhaps a Potbelly? Schlotszky's? Anything but that horrible SUBWAY! :)

Aaron (Glowrock)

The Dirt Jan 4, 2011 2:34 AM

Can we break out the Subway discussion into it's own topic? It's really detracting from the subway discussion.

bunt_q Jan 4, 2011 2:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dirt (Post 5112894)
Can we break out the Subway discussion into it's own topic? It's really detracting from the subway discussion.

<< Post of the month!

RyanD Jan 4, 2011 3:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunt_q (Post 5112914)
<< Post of the month!

HAHAHAHAHA :haha: Agreed that is the post of the month.. Since we're on the food topic (I promise this is the last time I'll go off topic)..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6189755_n.jpg

Yummy? I want a skyscraper cake..

The Dirt Jan 4, 2011 8:26 AM

That is an epic cake! Too bad it's probably mostly fondant.

glowrock Jan 4, 2011 2:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dirt (Post 5112894)

:jester: :jester: :jester:

As Brent already said, Post of the Month!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Cirrus Jan 4, 2011 3:16 PM

I moved them for the lulz.

glowrock Jan 4, 2011 4:32 PM

I think we can now close this thread? :)

Aaron (Glowrock)

Cirrus Jan 4, 2011 7:23 PM

No reason to close it. Just don't respond to it if you want it to drop down the list. It will disappear and all will be well.

CPVLIVE Jan 5, 2011 1:11 AM

I must say I really enjoyed this thread - they should all be this entertaining!

bunt_q Jan 5, 2011 1:22 AM

How long would we have to keep this thread open for it to meet the minimum criteria for Sticky-ification?

I had Quiznos for lunch. It's Denver-based, right? That makes every bite I take a development. Not helping the Subway, though.

PLANSIT Jan 5, 2011 1:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunt_q (Post 5113943)
How long would we have to keep this thread open for it to meet the minimum criteria for Sticky-ification?

I had Quiznos for lunch. It's Denver-based, right? That makes every bite I take a development. Not helping the Subway, though.

Unless we do a PPP and they build/sponsor a station.

RyanD Jan 5, 2011 2:50 AM

Since this is the subway sandwich thread now.. What's your favorite sub sandwich in Denver? Mine is Snarfs..

SLC Projects Jan 5, 2011 7:18 AM

LOL, what a funny thread.

Crush_Buds Jan 5, 2011 7:36 AM

Gold jerry. Gold.

FrancoRey Jan 5, 2011 7:39 AM

I used to love the Teriyaki Chicken Sub at Subway. Then I bit into a chicken toe from the pre-mixed meat and haven't eaten it since. :eat:

Silver Mine Subs, Quizno's, Panera, or Paradise FTW. ABS. (Anything but Subway)!

Cirrus Jan 5, 2011 2:43 PM

Quote:

Eeyore is still trying for the Pueblo thread.

EngiNerd Jan 5, 2011 5:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanD (Post 5114019)
Since this is the subway sandwich thread now.. What's your favorite sub sandwich in Denver? Mine is Snarfs..

Mine would have to be Jersey Mike's...for those not in Denver yet it would be Potbelly.

glowrock Jan 5, 2011 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EngiNerd (Post 5114552)
Mine would have to be Jersey Mike's...for those not in Denver yet it would be Potbelly.

Potbelly is quite delicious, there are many of them here in the Houston area!

Aaron (Glowrock)

wong21fr Jan 5, 2011 6:03 PM

It's Jimmy John's for me: cheap, quick, and delicious (but only the Vito, that damn sandwich is like crack).

Jeresey Mike's gets a mention. Either would make a good subway.

Strange Meat Jan 5, 2011 7:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanD (Post 5114019)

That place is pretty bomb. Suzy Q and Cheba Hut also aren't bad. Best sandwich shop is Heidis though.

But burritos > subs any day.

bunt_q Jan 5, 2011 8:53 PM

Okay, I was seriously trying to resist the temptation to comment in this thread that "I" started. But nobody's mentioned the Chicago Subs joint on California between 16th and 17th. A little sloppy to eat, but by far the yummiest subs downtown (although Suzy Q makes a good little sandwich, and is a neat business that I like to support).

Heidi's is grossly overpriced and not that great, although the selection is good.
Subway is better now that they started toasting (not as soggy), but is still boring.
Quiznos is also boring.
Jersey Mikes I felt like I needed to vomit the first time I ate there (in Edgewater) - not helpful an hour before a Council meeting. I haven't gone back.
Jimmy Johns - would you like some sandwich with your mayonnaise?
Paradise - good soups, salads, cookies, weak sandwiches.

Silver Mine - awesome college food.

Corner Bakery does good pretzel bread, if that's your thing.

EngiNerd Jan 5, 2011 9:09 PM

Funny on your mayo comment for Jimmy John's, because that's exactly the reason it is not on of my favorites.

Worked in Chicago for a while and they had Potbelly's around the corner....loved that place, wish we had them here.

wong21fr Jan 5, 2011 9:27 PM

^Hence, why I get the Vito at JJ's. No mayo to speak of, just a shit-ton of peppers.

Cirrus Jan 5, 2011 9:38 PM

We have Potbelly's on every corner. I'll trade them all to you for Jimmy Johns. Oh how I miss Jimmy Johns.

Cirrus Jan 5, 2011 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunt_q (Post 5114796)
Okay, I was seriously trying to resist the temptation to comment in this thread that "I" started.

Don't want the glorious credit? OK. I fixed it for you.

Strange Meat Jan 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Heidi's is overpriced but where else can you get a sandwich with egg salad, bacon, swiss cheese, avocado, and cajun sauce? Plus they're freakin enormous. It makes for a one meal day.

I didn't like Fontanos all that much, but I also don't dig too much on anything Chicago.

Jersey Mike's is OK for cheesesteaks, along with a Taste of Philly.

Jimmy John's is cool because you can order from an office and they'll deliver. Plus their roast beef sandwich looks like gnarly poon which is hilarious, cause I think they do it intentionally.

The tortas at Taqeria El Valle are hella good.

bunt_q Jan 5, 2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange Meat (Post 5114871)
Jimmy John's is cool because you can order from an office and they'll deliver. Plus their roast beef sandwich looks like gnarly poon which is hilarious, cause I think they do it intentionally.

Wow. Congrats, Meat, you get the "new forum low" award for the week. ;)

wong21fr Jan 5, 2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange Meat (Post 5114871)

So, you chomp into gnarly poon at the office? :sly:

Strange Meat Jan 5, 2011 10:56 PM

I even took a photo of it.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...untitled-3.jpg

bunt_q Jan 6, 2011 1:17 AM

Oh dear...

FrancoRey Jan 6, 2011 3:57 AM

And with the bite marks at the top! :haha: Classic. +1 on the...uhh, 'similarities' comment. That is some strange meat...

Seriously though, being in Asia, all this talk about sandwiches is making me go nuts. Do you realize the closest reputable sub sandwich joint is almost 400km away? And that's in Shanghai at, you guessed it, a Subway. :doh:

glowrock Jan 6, 2011 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wong21fr (Post 5114909)
So, you chomp into gnarly poon at the office? :sly:

:runaway:

And with the photo, it's even worse! :eek:

Aaron (Glowrock)

Milwaukee, WY Jan 6, 2011 6:10 AM

This thread is hilarious! That photo put me off Jimmy Johns for a while!

RyanD Jan 6, 2011 6:36 AM

This thread sad enough to say made my night...

xseven Jan 6, 2011 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange Meat (Post 5114952)
I even took a photo of it.

I'm thinking Arby's.

P.S. This thread is the shizzle.

The Dirt Jan 6, 2011 7:38 AM

This has to be the most ridiculous thread ever. I love it.

By the way, I know this is off topic and may offend certain people, but I am a fan of bagel sandwiches. I've been making my own lately. One store-bought everything bagel (the kind you put in the fridge), fake egg substitute liquid, Costco sliced nacho jalapenos (come in 10 lb. tubs), deli ham, deli turkey, and a slice of American cheese. Toast the bagel lightly in a toaster, pan fry the meat and eggs with jalapenos separately with butter so that it sears the edges a little. Put everything together, smash the bagel a little and pan sear it so you get the bagel to finish toasting and the cheese to melt a bit. Add a lettuce leaf if you need some fiber and voilĂ . Don't skip the jalapenos, they practically make the sandwich. If you can't handle spicy, try diced bell peppers.

glowrock Jan 6, 2011 2:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dirt (Post 5115514)
This has to be the most ridiculous thread ever. I love it.

By the way, I know this is off topic and may offend certain people, but I am a fan of bagel sandwiches. I've been making my own lately. One store-bought everything bagel (the kind you put in the fridge), fake egg substitute liquid, Costco sliced nacho jalapenos (come in 10 lb. tubs), deli ham, deli turkey, and a slice of American cheese. Toast the bagel lightly in a toaster, pan fry the meat and eggs with jalapenos separately with butter so that it sears the edges a little. Put everything together, smash the bagel a little and pan sear it so you get the bagel to finish toasting and the cheese to melt a bit. Add a lettuce leaf if you need some fiber and voilĂ . Don't skip the jalapenos, they practically make the sandwich. If you can't handle spicy, try diced bell peppers.

Yummy, except for the fake egg-substitute liquid. How about a REAL egg or two? :)

Aaron (Glowrock)

The Dirt Jan 6, 2011 3:07 PM

Yeah, you can certainly use a real egg, but you have to be careful to not overwhelm the sandwich with the egg taste. I like the fake stuff because it has a lighter taste and its easier to control the portion. I think that if you go with real eggs, Swiss or cheddar would work better than American cheese. Some black pepper would also be a good substitute for the jalapenos in this case.

RyanD Jan 6, 2011 3:15 PM

This is making me hungry.. My favorite to make at home is a nice Philly cheesesteak.. Get some steak from the store, cut it thin, simmer it in a bunch of spices, fresh jalapenos, mmmmmm yea! Oh and cheese whiz of course..

EngiNerd Jan 6, 2011 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanD (Post 5115702)
This is making me hungry.. My favorite to make at home is a nice Philly cheesesteak.. Get some steak from the store, cut it thin, simmer it in a bunch of spices, fresh jalapenos, mmmmmm yea! Oh and cheese whiz of course..

A man who knows that a real cheesesteak has cheese wiz...:cheers:

blm3034L!fe Jan 6, 2011 5:29 PM

Smiling Moose Deli.

Minturn Mile is my fav!!!

Strange Meat Jan 6, 2011 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EngiNerd (Post 5115747)
A man who knows that a real cheesesteak has cheese wiz...:cheers:

Hell no.

Provolone.

In Philly, all the tourists and maybe like 25% of locals and natives get Wiz.

pablosan Jan 7, 2011 12:11 AM

This is so funny. That photo is classic. lmao