SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   [Halifax] Queen's Marque | 30 m | 10 fl | U/C (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=145372)

Aya_Akai Dec 15, 2016 7:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonovision (Post 7648327)

I think we should start a new game.. it's time to play "Guess what's underneath (or not underneath, lol) the boardwalk on the waterfront!" That's pretty cool getting to see what's underneath what we've all been walking on for so many years!

bluenoser Dec 15, 2016 4:01 PM

^Indeed!

Here's another aerial shot of the site / surrounding area:

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...78036736_n.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/brintonphotography/?hl=en

JET Dec 15, 2016 4:06 PM

It's interesting that the sidewalks are closed on both sides of the street now, yet all the traffic continues on through.

eastcoastal Dec 16, 2016 4:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 7652228)
It's interesting that the sidewalks are closed on both sides of the street now, yet all the traffic continues on through.

Says a lot about priorities

Aya_Akai Dec 17, 2016 7:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 7652228)
It's interesting that the sidewalks are closed on both sides of the street now, yet all the traffic continues on through.

There's a temporary sidewalk separated from the road with barricades on the side of the left side of the road (further from the water). I was walking there earlier tonight. :P

JET Dec 19, 2016 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaliStreaks (Post 7654246)
There's a temporary sidewalk separated from the road with barricades on the side of the left side of the road (further from the water). I was walking there earlier tonight. :P

Must be new, last week there was security sending people around the block.

RussellLake Dec 21, 2016 7:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 7655585)
Must be new, last week there was security sending people around the block.

Trying to. I had one of them shout Sir the sidewalk is closed here, as I carried on walking on the edge of the street. #rebelwithboots! :P

TheGreenBastard Dec 23, 2016 5:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellLake (Post 7658117)
Trying to. I had one of them shout Sir the sidewalk is closed here, as I carried on walking on the edge of the street. #rebelwithboots! :P

Right on....:???:

someone123 Dec 23, 2016 5:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenoser (Post 7652221)
^Indeed!

Here's another aerial shot of the site / surrounding area

When Queen's Marque is built there will be almost no holes along the 9-block stretch of Prince Street from the harbour up to the Citadel. The one exception is the little bit of parking between Market and Brunswick. Hopefully that site will be developed too.

Jonovision Jan 15, 2017 4:50 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/449/32...35937bd8_k.jpg20170112_133041_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/685/31...0d6feb46_k.jpg20170112_133211_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/327/32...48112326_k.jpg20170112_133214_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

someone123 Jan 23, 2017 3:29 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2i24gHXEAEOkPo.jpg
Source

fenwick16 Jan 23, 2017 6:38 AM

It is interesting to see this proceeding, however it is too bad that the boardwalk will be disturbed for several years.

Aya_Akai Jan 23, 2017 7:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenwick16 (Post 7686721)
It is interesting to see this proceeding, however it is too bad that the boardwalk will be disturbed for several years.

Fear not!!

http://www.metronews.ca/news/halifax...ns-marque.html

Quote:

....The project is expected to take three years and means the boardwalk between George and Prince streets will be removed. Waterfront Development Corporation announced plans Wednesday to create a temporary floating boardwalk in its place....

fenwick16 Jan 23, 2017 7:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaliStreaks (Post 7686731)

It will interesting to see how the floating boardwalk works out. I wonder if it will be closer to the sea level, meaning that people will have to go down stairs.

Jonovision Jan 23, 2017 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenwick16 (Post 7686743)
It will interesting to see how the floating boardwalk works out. I wonder if it will be closer to the sea level, meaning that people will have to go down stairs.

I only just noticed that the alternative boardwalk will not be open until the summer. I'm told it will be held in place with pylons that will be sunk into the seabed so it can raise and fall with the tides.

teddifax Jan 23, 2017 7:05 PM

And there will be Gravol dispensers at both ends, ha, ha!!

Jonovision Feb 10, 2017 10:51 PM

Work started this week on the shoring along Lower Water.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2675/3...0ca0e5d5_h.jpg2017-02-10_06-47-46 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2829/3...b9e524e5_h.jpg20170208_163245_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3682/3...23edcd07_h.jpg20170208_163455_HDR by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Dmajackson Feb 23, 2017 5:08 PM

http://68.media.tumblr.com/911a48ab7...dq8o1_1280.jpg
Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

someone123 Mar 7, 2017 5:15 PM

Here is a rendering of the floating boardwalk:

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3970660.148649211...ing-bridge.jpg
Source

eastcoastal Mar 7, 2017 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone123 (Post 7733038)
Here is a rendering of the floating boardwalk:

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3970660.148649211...ing-bridge.jpg
Source

That's pretty cool. I can't wait to check it out in person.


In warm weather.


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.