SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   City Compilations (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   HOUSTON | Development Thread II (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=114123)

Great_Hizzy Nov 1, 2007 1:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 3138172)
Isn't SH 146 a freeway down there, or about to be? Also, is this area close at all to the commuter rail line proposed for that area. I really don't know Southeast Houston too well.


SH 146 is a freeway beginning a couple of miles north of these intersections and then on up north into Baytown.

Wattleigh Nov 1, 2007 9:37 PM

I stopped into the sales office earlier today and picked up one of the informational folders they provide, and it seems they're beginning to market the Parkside tower more. Per the sales sheet, it looks like there are only 5 units left in the first tower.

The Parkside construction site is where a ton of cars are parked (presumably for both of the projects) at the moment, though it does look like they have started clearing away whatever was on the site beforehand. Also, the rendering below was included in the folder and I don't recall seeing it before.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...urParkside.jpg

Great_Hizzy Nov 2, 2007 1:50 PM

Interesting...

Xeelee Nov 2, 2007 5:02 PM

I was on my way back from San Antonio this morning when I came across this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...elee6000/4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...elee6000/3.jpg


What 's going on around here?

JManc Nov 2, 2007 5:04 PM

that's the new memorial-herman professional/ administrative building in the memorial city area.

Wattleigh Nov 2, 2007 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeelee (Post 3142034)
I was on my way back from San Antonio this morning when I came across this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...elee6000/4.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...elee6000/3.jpg


What 's going on around here?

That's Memorial Hermann's tower around Memorial City. It's just a few months from having all of the regular floors completed, and I'm interested how they'll integrate the crown into what has been built thus far.

Xeelee Nov 2, 2007 6:48 PM

This is getting ridiculous. This is just too far out from the center of town. Or is it just me?

Wattleigh Nov 2, 2007 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeelee (Post 3142234)
This is getting ridiculous. This is just too far out from the center of town. Or is it just me?

The Memorial City area is essentially the geographic center of the city now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

CALMSP Nov 2, 2007 9:18 PM

i enjoy seeing some highrises outside of the city!! :)

Xeelee Nov 2, 2007 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattleigh (Post 3142267)
The Memorial City area is essentially the geographic center of the city now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

You're killing me...


What's the center of population though? I know it was in the heights in the late 90's... Anyone have links to any sites?

KevinFromTexas Nov 2, 2007 10:20 PM

Where exactly is that thing? Intersection/address?

Wattleigh Nov 2, 2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 3142728)
Where exactly is that thing? Intersection/address?

The address that's posted on the construction site is 929 Gessner, which is directly west across the road from Memorial City Mall.

Wattleigh Nov 2, 2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeelee (Post 3142656)
You're killing me...


What's the center of population though? I know it was in the heights in the late 90's... Anyone have links to any sites?

Maybe I had my points mixed up, but it's either the geographic center or the population center that is in that part of the city now. I also recall something from the HGAC at one point that said the center was moving eastward in the not too distant past...

All in all, don't ask me. I'm not certain in hindsight! sorry for the confusion!

Let's just all have a drink and collect ourselves a bit. lol :cheers:

KevinFromTexas Nov 2, 2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattleigh (Post 3142751)
The address that's posted on the construction site is 929 Gessner, which is directly west across the road from Memorial City Mall.

Oh wow, that really is way out there!

Xeelee Nov 4, 2007 2:28 AM

Was at the galleria today. Saw Turnberry tower model. Uploading now...

Xeelee Nov 4, 2007 2:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wattleigh (Post 3142766)
Maybe I had my points mixed up, but it's either the geographic center or the population center that is in that part of the city now. I also recall something from the HGAC at one point that said the center was moving eastward in the not too distant past...

All in all, don't ask me. I'm not certain in hindsight! sorry for the confusion!

Let's just all have a drink and collect ourselves a bit. lol :cheers:

The one that was moving is the population center. Chances are the geo center is near the memorial mall area.

Xeelee Nov 4, 2007 2:35 AM

Here we go:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ee6000/tb2.jpg


http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ee6000/tb1.jpg

Cory Nov 5, 2007 1:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeelee (Post 3144735)

It actually looks good from the side.

toxteth o'grady Nov 5, 2007 2:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great_Hizzy (Post 3141684)
Interesting...

All the more interesting because Galveston is having trouble marketing the condos proposed for the Isle. Has any of that affected Clear Lake yet? Apparently not...:tup:

toxteth o'grady Nov 5, 2007 2:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMancuso (Post 3142039)
that's the new memorial-herman professional/ administrative building in the memorial city area.

34 stories with a crown on top. Joe King Carrasco must have been the architect.:jester:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.