SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   PHILADELPHIA | The Residences at the Ritz-Carlton | 518 FT / 158 M | 48 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107801)

mmikeyphilly Nov 12, 2006 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giamomj
My name is Mike(y) too and I used to live in Port Richmond, as well....big 2 and 3 story corner brick Victorian rowhome at Richmond and Venango. I totally restored it over years. Sold it in 2000 (now live in Swedesboro, NJ in a new house I had built - still drive into Philly every day to work). Previous new owners trashed the big ol' Port Richmond place; they lost it in a sherriff's sale; now newest owners are converting it to apartments. Oh well. At least it won't sit fallow and boarded up. I liked Port Richmond...mostly.The drunks at night were scary. Sorry I left before the 15 Trolley car came back!

I could see Center City from my third floor roof. That was cool. Welcome back. What street are you on there?

Gia

:notacrook:

Hey Mike ! Thanks for the warm welcome, bud! Gosh you weren't far from my house. I live in the 3000 block of Memphis, right off Aramingo. Not my choice, but it was a "hud" house and I got a 10 year tax abatement carry over from previous owner. Actually all remodeled and finished basement, deck off the deck. The previous owner was a contractor, and did most of the work there. I used to deliver pizzas part time in Port Richmond & Fishtown. Don't laugh, it paid for my house (lol!). And I used to trek up to "My Blue Heaven" now and then for karaoke night...nah I can't sing either!
The back of my house gets that great elevated "Aramingo ave view". My digital cam is not the greatest, but hopefully I'll try posting here, and see what happens.
Thanks again for the warm welcome back. Im packing now, leaving Florida on the 15th, arriving back around the 18th. (I've got 3 cats, thats why it will take that long...sheesh..light a candle for me please!:)

Swinefeld Nov 12, 2006 8:15 PM

Hey guys, I hate to break up the love-fest, but let's keep this thread on topic, 'kay?

MetroSplash Nov 13, 2006 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennsgrant
Sorry but may I ask what exactly is happening at RARC right now? The progression of this project is excruciatingly slow. The beams that are underground, do they all have to be removed ? I'm trying to get a finger on what the heck is happening here.

They were working pretty late on Saturday afternoon, cutting out another beam at one point. They had workers on site until after dark. The fact that they have workers 6 days a week would seem to indicate that a lot is getting done but not easy to see exactly what they are doing (except when they're using a big torch to cut steel).

That being said, I don't believe I've seen more then a few dozen workers on site at any one time. Why so few workers...? :shrug:

omp835 Nov 13, 2006 8:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroSplash
That being said, I don't believe I've seen more then a few dozen workers on site at any one time. Why so few workers...? :shrug:

They are still doing site work/prep. Since they are only doing one thing, the number of workers is small. It's not until a building is almost fully erected and they are doing finish work on the bottom floors do the number of workers on site max out.

McBane Nov 14, 2006 3:54 AM

^ yea i read somewhere about the comcast center (i believe that fluff piece in the inquirer last week) that once they start on the interior, the crew will swell to a few thousand workers.

giamomj Nov 14, 2006 10:55 PM

^On topic - or off?

"Hey guys, I hate to break up the love-fest, but let's keep this thread on topic, 'kay?"

Seeing as the "topic" may have shifted briefly from RATR to philly skylines, Comcast tower views, and an urban housing issue in a part of Philly (pertinent issuse on a skyscraper thread) - we're not too far off topic I'd say. Check around.....note just how much OFF-TOPIC some threads really get....and then return gently - like the above.

My 2 cents -

Gia

Swinefeld Nov 15, 2006 1:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giamomj
"Hey guys, I hate to break up the love-fest, but let's keep this thread on topic, 'kay?"

Seeing as the "topic" may have shifted briefly from RATR to philly skylines, Comcast tower views, and an urban housing issue in a part of Philly (pertinent issuse on a skyscraper thread) - we're not too far off topic I'd say. Check around.....note just how much OFF-TOPIC some threads really get....and then return gently - like the above.

My 2 cents -

Gia

Sometimes threads return gently and sometimes they go way off course. A gentle reminder isn't so harsh, is it?

:whip:

McBane Nov 15, 2006 2:30 AM

Since swinefeld broke up the love-fest several posts ago, this thread has returned to topic. so why do we need another reminder from gia and then again from swine? sorry but i'm getting a bit annoyed. some people go off-topic but others go equally off-topic trying to get people back on-topic. it's like those people who don't stop shushing in the movies. the last three posts on the previous page were completely on-topic.

i really enjoy reading other people's posts and posting myself, but lets keep this fun and not so overly serious with the "rules." i would like to think everyone here is reasonable.

as far as the RATR is concerned, i was by there today and while i didn't see too many workers, i understand that they are hard at work down there. however i am starting to re-think my original assessment that, because the foundation was already in place, it wouldn't take long before this building started rising from the ground. yet it's not going any quicker than starting from scratch. is it?

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 2:52 AM

Ya know - I'll [finally] tell you like it IS - Forgive my candor -

<I have removed this>

Gia

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:02 AM

Forgive my candor - see below...and beyond.

<I have removed this>

Gia - :)

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:09 AM

Ya know - I'll [finally] tell you like it IS - Forgive my candor -

<I have removed this>

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:32 AM

:haha:

Swinefeld Nov 15, 2006 3:32 AM

What is your fucking problem? I was just suggesting that the thread stay on-topic. That's all.

Thanks for hijacking this thread.

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:40 AM

Swiney - no adgenda- except venting...

<I have removed this>

venting - no more...

<I have removed this>

Swiney - no agenda- except venting...

Gia

WonderlandPark Nov 15, 2006 3:50 AM

???what on earth is going on in this thread???

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:52 AM

Swiney - no agenda- except venting...

<I have removed this>

Gia

giamomj Nov 15, 2006 3:58 AM

^ Swinefeld - get strong -

<I have removed this>

fflint Nov 15, 2006 4:01 AM

^You get exactly zero more chances to stop trolling this thread, giamomj.

Stay on topic; stop being childish.