SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   MUMBAI | India Tower | 700 M | 125 floors (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130820)

Roadcruiser1 Jan 2, 2011 8:57 PM

Then it might be a massive slum clearing project. America had a lot of these projects in the 1950's. It's called Urban Renewal. Though it is proven that it doesn't work, because it destroys the culture of the original neighborhood.

scalziand Apr 6, 2011 8:59 PM

Finally another update. The raft slab looks to be nearly complete, the tower cranes are being installed, and the rebar is starting to reach skyward.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0deb479ddd.jpg
Coolguyz

mannu12 Apr 10, 2011 5:36 PM

Surprised to still see it in the proposed section

colemonkee Apr 10, 2011 11:34 PM

Moved this to the Under Construction thread.

scalziand Apr 11, 2011 12:03 AM

Thanks colemonkee. :cheers:

Onn Apr 11, 2011 2:41 AM

I'm very skeptical this is even a real project, why would they build it in such a dumpy neighborhood? Who's funding this in India?

AndyT99 Apr 11, 2011 6:35 AM

Im wondering the same thing, that definitely seems like not your typical skyscraper neighbourhood..

DigitalNinja Apr 11, 2011 11:59 AM

So id it wasn't a real project what would they do with the hole?

Onn Apr 11, 2011 3:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalNinja (Post 5236592)
So id it wasn't a real project what would they do with the hole?

An apartment building.

Troubadour Apr 11, 2011 9:42 PM

Here's a radical thought, fellas: If you're really curious whether this is India Tower, pick up a phone, call the architect, and ask. Or failing that, find out what institution in Mumbai is handling the paperwork and call them. This isn't Kremlinology, just talk to the people who would know what's going on.

AuxTown Apr 12, 2011 2:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubadour (Post 5237377)
Here's a radical thought, fellas: If you're really curious whether this is India Tower, pick up a phone, call the architect, and ask. Or failing that, find out what institution in Mumbai is handling the paperwork and call them. This isn't Kremlinology, just talk to the people who would know what's going on.

Hold on, let me dial that 36 digit phone number to possibly (but probably not) get any potentially (but probably not) useful info on this project....:koko:

Unless we start getting some serious forumers in these far off places (Mumbia, Pyongyang, etc.) then we will be left speculating until something substantial is in place and photographed.

SkyscrapersOfNewYork Apr 12, 2011 3:17 AM

Or we could just look at whats posted on SSC....just sayin.

The Chemist Apr 12, 2011 3:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5236712)
An apartment building.

Because 30 storey apartment buildings have the same depth and size of foundations as 700m tall supertalls, right? :rolleyes:

I remember you questioned whether the Shanghai Tower was real project when it was already above grade, so I'll advise everyone to take your scepticism with an extremely large grain of salt.

Troubadour Apr 12, 2011 4:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey (Post 5237817)
Hold on, let me dial that 36 digit phone number to possibly (but probably not) get any potentially (but probably not) useful info on this project....:koko:

Ooooo, international codes...scaaaaaaary! :sly:

djlx2 Apr 12, 2011 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scalziand (Post 5231431)
Finally another update. The raft slab looks to be nearly complete, the tower cranes are being installed, and the rebar is starting to reach skyward.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0deb479ddd.jpg
Coolguyz

I like the Foliage though: it would be better with geraniums or violets or slipper orchids.

Spocket Apr 12, 2011 2:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 (Post 5111566)
Then it might be a massive slum clearing project. America had a lot of these projects in the 1950's. It's called Urban Renewal. Though it is proven that it doesn't work, because it destroys the culture of the original neighborhood.

Seriously , don't make any comparisons here because there are none to be made .
Urban renewal in the new world is far different from urban renewal in the rest of it . Until you've seen it for yourself (and I'm not talking about in person necessarily but at least in pictures) you should have no comment about how terrible a thing it is to replace what's on any given parcel of land with something different .

I should point out though that what doesn't work is the "renewal" part of urban renewal in America . Even that's misleading to state because the problem isn't that it doesn't do what it was supposed to do , it's that it doesn't fit with what's nearby . People can make a "neighbourhood" out of any place they live . The American concept of a neighbourhood is somewhat unique to Western thought . In the rest of the world , a neighbourhood is just the area you live in , not the people there. What matters is not the style of housing but the people themselves .

OneWorldTradeCenter Apr 12, 2011 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5236279)
I'm very skeptical this is even a real project, why would they build it in such a dumpy neighborhood? Who's funding this in India?

I agree. I doubt that there is enough need and enough money. It's not China...

Troubadour Apr 12, 2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djlx2 (Post 5238061)
I like the Foliage though: it would be better with geraniums or violets or slipper orchids.

In the tropics, you don't choose the foliage - it chooses you.

Onn Apr 12, 2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chemist (Post 5237859)
Because 30 storey apartment buildings have the same depth and size of foundations as 700m tall supertalls, right? :rolleyes:

I remember you questioned whether the Shanghai Tower was real project when it was already above grade, so I'll advise everyone to take your scepticism with an extremely large grain of salt.

It's being built into a uneven mountain side, what kind of base would you think it needs? And I NEVER questioned whether the Shanghai Tower was a real project, just where the funding was coming from.

The Chemist Apr 13, 2011 4:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn (Post 5238941)
It's being built into a uneven mountain side, what kind of base would you think it needs? And I NEVER questioned whether the Shanghai Tower was a real project, just where the funding was coming from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onn
In fact I wouldn't be surpised if the Shanghai Tower is delayed or even never built.

:rolleyes: