SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   SSP Vancouver Meet 2008 - Saturday, July 19 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151196)

Mike K. May 15, 2008 11:39 PM

SSP Vancouver Meet 2008 - Saturday, July 19

With SSP celebrating it's 10th year anniversary this year we'd like to have a forumers meet in Vancouver, July 19.

Itinerary
- Meet at the Vancouver Lookout ticket booth and head up to see the sights (Harbour Centre) - 12PM
- Meet remaining forumers at Harbour Centre's main entrance - 1PM
- Go on walking tour of downtown construction projects - 1:30 onwards
- Settle down for dinner and drinks in a locale yet to be determined

We're going to chat with the folks at the Vancouver Lookout for a group rate to go up and check out the sights.

Our last Vancouver forumer meet was in 2005 and it was an awesome time. We hung out for the entire day with Officedweller providing a guided tour of downtown, then we hit up Steamworks for dinner and beers.

Hed Kandi May 15, 2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike K. (Post 3555396)
With SSP celebrating it's 10th year anniversary this year we'd like to have a forumers meet in Vancouver, July 12.

Itinerary
- Meet at the Vancouver Lookout ticket booth (Harbour Centre) - 12PM
- Meet remaining forumers at Harbour Centre entrance - 1PM
- Go on walking tour of downtown construction projects - 1:30 onwards
- Settle down for dinner and drinks in a locale yet to be determined

We're going to chat with the folks at the Vancouver Lookout for a group rate to go up and check out the sights.

Our last Vancouver forumer meet was in 2005 and it was an awesome time. We hung out for the entire day with Officedweller providing a guided tour of downtown, then we hit up Steamworks for dinner and beers.

I'll be there.

Look for me, I'll be wearing an orange vest.

AlexYVR May 15, 2008 11:45 PM

Just for clarification, the 12th (text) or the 19th (title)?

Hed Kandi May 15, 2008 11:46 PM

By the way, who's buying Jlousa a steak ? :D

Mike K. May 15, 2008 11:46 PM

19th -- my bad.

And the poll is now up, guys. Please don't forget to vote!

flight_from_kamakura May 16, 2008 12:16 AM

i'll go to buy towerguy3 a beer!

no but seriously, this is cool. though i'm sort of newish (in the sense that i've been lurking for a couple years, but only recently signed up), it sounds like a cool day.

no rsvp?

raggedy13 May 16, 2008 6:57 AM

Sounds like it could be good. That is a bit far into the future for me to guarantee I'll be there but I'll mark it on my calendar. ;)

Dylan Leblanc Jun 11, 2008 6:34 AM

I've marked this on my calendar now! Have you??

someone123 Jun 11, 2008 6:39 AM

I plan on being in town then and I'll definitely attend if I can.

Yume-sama Jun 11, 2008 6:50 AM

Wow, 10 years?! I had no idea. That is an awesome accomplishment considering everything that has happened on the internet in the past 10 years, and the average lifetime of websites. Long live SSP :P. Unfortunately I am scheduled to leave the Country on July 17th... but I'm sure you'll all have fun. I wonder how many people will show up in orange vests... what a group photo that could make! :haha:

officedweller Jun 11, 2008 6:55 AM

Sorry, can't make it July 19th - I expect to be down in Oregon.
July 12th is bad too - I'll be in Nanaimo.

worldwide Jun 11, 2008 7:48 AM

im in

giallo Jun 11, 2008 7:59 AM

+1

I have a friend's wedding reception that starts at 8pm, but I'm in for a meet and greet and drink up until then.

Happy B-day, SSP!

Canadian Mind Jun 11, 2008 9:19 AM

I wish, but I'm on course at the time. :(

jlousa Jun 11, 2008 3:31 PM

I'm in, and I will buy hotdogs for the attending forum members from Costco to put the steak issue behind us.

officedweller Jun 11, 2008 6:08 PM

Woah, that'll boost attendance!

Rob D Jun 11, 2008 6:31 PM

I shall try to make it, although it is a work day for me. Always enjoyed SSP meets with the Calgary forumers when I lived there. Look forward to meeting those in the Vancouver group who can make it.

Mike K. Jun 12, 2008 6:06 AM

Good stuff.

Once I have a clearer indication of the amount of people interested in going up to the Lookout I'll start working on a group rate for us.

SFUVancouver Jun 12, 2008 6:56 AM

Count me in.

Incidentally, I have a pass to the Vancouver Lookout so there is no need to include me in the group booking. Good idea though.

Phil McAvity Jun 14, 2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc (Post 3606326)
I've marked this on my calendar now! Have you??

Wow! Such pressure Dylan! I feel like I better show up now.......or else!

Even though I live in Onterrible now i'd still like to come back for this! We need to have one in Taranna one of these days. Has there ever been an SSP roundup in TO?

Flight from Kamakura, the purpose of the poll is like an RSVP, or at least as close to one as we can get on-line.

Anyway, as I write this I am pricing out the airfares from here to Vancouver and it is a lot less expensive than I thought (like about half of what I was expecting), so I might just make it!