SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Downtown & City of Portland (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Downtown Portland News (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121221)

dkealoha Nov 24, 2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65MAX (Post 3931428)
...or a beigey-gray, or a grayish-beige?

Greige

NewUrbanist Nov 24, 2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX City-State (Post 3863146)
I hear the Ardea has 60 reservations in three weeks. The Wyatt is 75 percent full.

When I used to work in Apartment Management in the Pearl, we had a large percentage of our apartments were leased by corporations (like Oakwood Worldwide http://www.oakwood.com/). They have a number of leases in apartment buildings in the Pearl District, Downtown, and Hillsboro. Some of our most expensive apartments were corporate rentals, and in most cases, whenever someone would move out, we would raise the rent $100 and pitch it to a corporate leaser.

I wonder how many apartments were rented in the Ardea and Wyatt are by actual tenants? :shrug:

dkealoha Nov 25, 2008 1:18 AM

The Ardea decided not to do any corporate rentals at all. Originally there were supposed to be some. Not sure why, that's just what I was told by the leasing office.

MarkDaMan Nov 25, 2008 2:55 AM

a Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites?

With the Residents Inn, Riverplace and Marriott all right there, what are the chances? Seems like Portland's hotel market has plenty of inventory right now. Although I wouldn't mind seeing this get built...but why would it?

urbanlife Nov 25, 2008 6:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDaMan (Post 3933059)
a Hyatt Place and Summerfield Suites?

With the Residents Inn, Riverplace and Marriott all right there, what are the chances? Seems like Portland's hotel market has plenty of inventory right now. Although I wouldn't mind seeing this get built...but why would it?

I know this city needs a convention center hotel, but I never thought riverplace was all that great of a market for hotels...though extended stay hotels are a different story.

MarkDaMan Nov 26, 2008 4:15 AM

After reading the comments here yesterday, I took a walk past the site today. I have to say, it isn't a show piece of a building, but it isn't horrible. I think when completed the project will fit the surroundings.

WestCoast Nov 30, 2008 5:28 PM

I don't have any photos to post, but I think this infill came out very well.

blends right into the surroundings with a nice and modern appeal to it.

PacificNW Nov 30, 2008 7:18 PM

I checked out the lobby of the new hotel Friday. It is so nice...... The place was crammed with people munching, drinking, conversing, and gawking....:banana:

Okstate Dec 1, 2008 5:22 AM

I stayed at the Nines for 3 nights over Thanksgiving break. It was great & service was amazing. Definitely not a 5 star hotel but i'd recommend it to anyone.

sowat Dec 3, 2008 1:55 AM

lonely christmas tree in the Atwater tower :(

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4...elytreemh0.jpg

360Rich Dec 8, 2008 11:04 PM

I met friends for drinks at the Urban Farmer on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed the space, and the airy feeling of being in the atrium. It felt more like a San Fran or LA bar setting, rather than Portland, and I really appreciate the change.

I recommend checking it out if you get the chance.

dkealoha Dec 8, 2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360Rich (Post 3961417)
I met friends for drinks at the Urban Farmer on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed the space, and the airy feeling of being in the atrium. It felt more like a San Fran or LA bar setting, rather than Portland, and I really appreciate the change.

I recommend checking it out if you get the chance.

I also went this weekend on Saturday for dinner. Awesome space, great service, great food! Is the whole rest of the atrium (the part not sectioned off by partitions) part of the bar? I was confused when I came out of the restaurant area and the whole atrium was full of people and they all had food and drinks.

Okstate Dec 9, 2008 12:16 AM

^ Yes. You can sit anywhere & you will be assigned a waiter/waitress. We did this on one of my nights here. Then periodically, a cheese cart will circle around the area.

nobody Dec 9, 2008 1:03 AM

Portland Development Map

http://i37.tinypic.com/10em3iw.jpg

I'm not sure if there's any interest in something like this, but I threw this together today just to help me keep track of things. It's a Google map with pins for recent projects in various stages. You can click the pins for a bit more info. Generally includes a picture and a link or two as well as floors and height if I could find it. I'm not opposed to adding or changing the information for the projects.

Also note that this is clearly not all-inclusive; I just added most of the first page of the downtown forum and a few others. I'd like to include infill and other projects as I have time. Also note that everything might not be correct. I used the forums and emporis for data, but guessed on a lot of completion dates.

I'm happy to make any additions or changes. Also if there's no interest in this don't mind me.

You can click the big picture or this link to view.

bvpcvm Dec 9, 2008 1:24 AM

i went there with someone from this forum and i really liked it. we went for late nite happy hour. i really appreciate the way the sections are far enough apart from each other that - at least late at night - the noise level was very manageable. much better than blue hour or a million other places in that respect. also, i don't know if they do this every night, but their happy hour cocktail was this martini with absinthe - for $2.50. it was pretty tasty.

PacificNW Dec 9, 2008 2:52 AM

Very cool....thanks.

bvpcvm Dec 9, 2008 3:52 AM

nice. i did something like this in google earth a couple years ago, but got sidetracked and never finished it.

is there some way we could all collaborate on this?

nobody Dec 9, 2008 4:00 AM

I would assume so, let me see what I can do.

rsbear Dec 9, 2008 4:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody (Post 3961680)
I'm not sure if there's any interest in something like this...

HUGE interest, and well done! Thank you! :cheers:

rsbear Dec 9, 2008 4:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvpcvm (Post 3961720)
- for $2.50.

You would be lucky to find a plain Coke for $2.50 here in LA. I miss Portland!