SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   Frontier Metropolis: My New T-Shirt business catering to Albertans (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196478)

Wigs Dec 20, 2011 7:30 PM

Frontier Metropolis: My New T-Shirt business catering to Albertans

Hey fellow SSP Calgarian forumers,

I just wanted to let you guys/gals know that my friend and I have started up an Apparel business selling Calgary/Edmonton/Alberta focused T-Shirts online.
There are plenty of junky tourist T-Shirts out there, but we are catering to locals and produce shirts that we actually want to wear.

Have you ever wanted a Kensington shirt? or Inglewood, Marda Loop, Northeast Calgary, Forest Lawn, etc? We've made them! We even have a cool YYC shirt with with the shape of Calgary's skyline (taken from an interesting angle that some of you will recognize ;)) If you're originally from Edmonton we haven't left you out either, but only have a handful of T-Shirts in our "YEG Collection" (we could even use your input on what Edmonton neighbourhood tees you want to see!)

I would like to offer my fellow forumers a special discount of 20% off all merchandise with coupon code: ssp :cheers:

Please check out our shirts! And if you like some of our designs please forward our url to your friends, as being new we'd like as much exposure we can get. We just launched our website last week. As fellow Calgarians most of the money earned will be pumped back into the Alberta economy and not some nameless, faceless, conglomerate :haha:

You can also follow us on twitter: FM_YYC and/or like us on facebook

Frontier Metropolis.com
Let us know what you think!

Bigtime Dec 20, 2011 7:47 PM

Neat!

Humbly requesting a Sunnyside and Beltline shirt. I would buy one for the missus and myself!

A suggestion for the Kensington text: "Where all the lattes at?"

freeweed Dec 20, 2011 8:48 PM

Great idea - just one suggestion for the site: It's a serious pain to "browse" the shirts because the images are too small. I have to click on the shirt, then click again to zoom in just to read the text. Then go back a couple times just to see the list of shirts again.

Maybe have a line of text under each that shows what the wording is (on the main page). I don't want to have to click on a dozen shirts just to see what they say - odds are I'll pass them by instead. Just speaking as a casual online shopper here; I of course checked them all out.

Wigs Dec 20, 2011 9:10 PM

Bigtime and freeweed,
Thanks for your suggestions. We appreciate any feedback/input.
If you have any suggestions for Calgary/Edmonton T-shirts let us know as well.

Maybe the Kensington shirt should read: I'm friends with Druh! are you?:haha:
jk
but I suppose we could have 2 shirts for Kensington. One for the youngins poking fun at hipsters and another for the latte sipping residents :haha:

I'll get my business partner to look into possible solutions to make the browsing experience better.

Innersoul1 Dec 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Very cool idea!!

I think that I might be the first to request a Castle Keep shirt! LOL

Innersoul1 Dec 20, 2011 9:34 PM

You need a shirt that says Calgary Font, in Calgary Font ;)

freeweed Dec 20, 2011 9:39 PM

Calgary: Our Beige Boxes Are at a Higher Elevation Than Your Beige Boxes

Of course, dark brown text on a beige shirt. Preferably a ringer T with the rings being dark brown as well.

Rusty van Reddick Dec 20, 2011 9:41 PM

I just ordered two shirts! Great job!!!

Rusty van Reddick Dec 20, 2011 9:42 PM

And God DAMN it, I checked out before noting the coupon code- consider that your Xmas present :)

Bigtime Dec 20, 2011 10:01 PM

I think I have to hookup one of the YYC shirts just because it has arriVa in the skyline!

Bigtime Dec 20, 2011 10:29 PM

One YYC shirt purchased, can't wait to get it.

Wigs Dec 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Thanks Rusty and Bigtime!
We really appreciate your business, and especially since we just started up!

Vascilli Dec 21, 2011 8:43 AM

Oh damn I should get one and wear it around Toronto. Let everyone here know what's up...

Ayreonaut Dec 21, 2011 8:49 AM

Just tried to order three shirts, but got this message when checking out.

Quote:

SetExpressCheckout API call failed.
Detailed Error Message: The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Error Code: 10413
Error Severity Code: Error

Wigs Dec 21, 2011 8:18 PM

^Thanks for letting us know Kyle. We'll look into it!
PM me with what shirts you were trying to purchase.
Thanks,
Grant

Wigs Dec 22, 2011 1:15 AM

Kyle, thanks for your purchase!
The shirts will be shipped out tomorrow.

Grant

Wooster Dec 22, 2011 2:50 AM

Very cool. You should do some buttons like Spacing's Toronto subway station buttons.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/striatic/4502790/

Wigs Dec 22, 2011 5:17 AM

wooster,
thanks for your suggestion

Bigtime Dec 23, 2011 5:13 PM

Wow, just got my shirt in the mail (plus a button!). Didn't think it would get here so fast, thanks WIGS!

Rusty van Reddick Dec 23, 2011 6:20 PM

Mine just arrived- hubby loved the Frontier Metropolis logo one so looks like another order will be coming :)