SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Edmonton (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=648)
-   -   Edmonton Food, Coffee, Dining, etc. (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140637)

rapid_business Feb 3, 2011 1:13 AM

Globe had a pretty good selection, but the location, marketing and frequency of overflowing toilets geared it to a much younger crowd.

Coldrsx Feb 3, 2011 4:04 PM

^yup... killer beer selection, but brutal place.

Harrison Feb 10, 2011 1:40 AM

Hey Cold, what caused you to become so negative towards Pub 1905? I remember that you used to frequent it often for the odd beer, but maybe I'm just making stuff up. Did you somehow have a very bad experience there one time, that caused you to never go back?

Coldrsx Feb 10, 2011 1:47 AM

We, a few of us here actually, were regulars for two years and spent a ton of cash there but then heard from staff how things were run and had one night of significant disagreement which led all of us to ban it for ever.

ibz Feb 10, 2011 3:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 5158740)
We, a few of us here actually, were regulars for two years and spent a ton of cash there but then heard from staff how things were run and had one night of significant disagreement which led all of us to ban it for ever.

Pub Sh*t

I seem to recall for some of those regulars the ban for life was reciprocated by the bar as well :)

Hallsy's Toupee Feb 10, 2011 4:38 AM

Mucho Burrito is finally open in the tower north of City Centre West. Took them...what...nearly a year to open?

EdmTrekker Feb 11, 2011 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibz (Post 5158883)
Pub Sh*t

I seem to recall for some of those regulars the ban for life was reciprocated by the bar as well :)

What ever...the place went to hell in a hand basket...food sucks. No I was not in the group you refer but part of my own group and we have boycotted around the same time. It is a nothing place.

ibz Feb 11, 2011 7:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmTrekker (Post 5160283)
What ever...the place went to hell in a hand basket...food sucks. No I was not in the group you refer but part of my own group and we have boycotted around the same time. It is a nothing place.

I agree, I was in the group that will never return again. The place cant go away fast enough.

SHOFEAR Feb 11, 2011 3:28 PM

Johny Track Pants can have his Golden tee machine and his shitty pub.

Harrison Feb 13, 2011 4:07 AM

Well since Pub 1905 is obviously an establishment to keep a distance from, which bars/pubs do you guys recommend? (Downtown, Whyte, 124 St. areas)

ibz Feb 13, 2011 6:37 AM

The Hat has proven to consistently be a cool place to hang out

Coldrsx Feb 13, 2011 9:52 PM

Hat

Red Star

Black Sheep

kcantor Feb 14, 2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 5162689)
Well since Pub 1905 is obviously an establishment to keep a distance from, which bars/pubs do you guys recommend? (Downtown, Whyte, 124 St. areas)

sorry Harrison - the experience of a particular small group who like to beat the same drum years after an experience that more than one side participated in is not reason alone to keep a distance from Pub 1905...

SHOFEAR Feb 14, 2011 2:46 PM

/\

You managed to prevent your predictible neutral rebuttal from becoming 8 paragraphs of gibberish. congrats.

Are the handfull of former (long time) 1905 staff that we run into quite regularly that despise everything about this place part of this small group?

Coldrsx Feb 14, 2011 4:09 PM

^now now sho...

Ken - things went down hill fast there and while it is becoming the beating of a dead horse, they did it to themselves and there are far better places to spend you money, that is all.

CMD UW Feb 14, 2011 8:54 PM

^I fully concur. I would call myself a very reasonable and tolerant person, but the Pub 1905 situation was unacceptable and is one of the reasons why I haven't set foot in the establishment since.

Hallsy's Toupee Feb 14, 2011 10:53 PM

So what's happening with that space next door? Weren't the 1905 people planning to open a BBQ place or something?

Coldrsx Feb 15, 2011 1:30 AM

BBQ then "wine room"

SHOFEAR Feb 15, 2011 3:15 PM

/\ They beat puppies in there.

EdmTrekker Feb 16, 2011 4:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnklc (Post 5163381)
sorry Harrison - the experience of a particular small group who like to beat the same drum years after an experience that more than one side participated in is not reason alone to keep a distance from Pub 1905...

I was not part of that group - and I also offered a similar perspective from the experience I had with my colleagues. Don't trivialize what is a known issue about the place, Clearly there is a problem there - and it is continuing.