SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=666)
-   -   Cityplace Signature Tower?!?! (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123224)

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 8, 2007 2:59 PM

Cityplace Signature Tower?!?!

Posted over on u/t first by Archivistower this is a new rendering of a building at cityplace. Not 100% sure if this is the replacement for signature tower. Looks pretty cool even if it's no where near realistic.

caltrane74 Jan 8, 2007 4:11 PM

hmmm

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 8, 2007 4:36 PM

Indeed, hmmmm.

caltrane74 Jan 8, 2007 4:41 PM

Signature is being replaced?

This render looks like the jetsons.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 8, 2007 4:43 PM

That's exactly what I said when Cassius showed me this yesterday. I don't think signature is being replaced, I just think they've finally come up with a name for it.

caltrane74 Jan 8, 2007 4:45 PM

Well the very top does look like the signature building we all know. And if they add some nice lighting effects like in the picture it will be quite the eye catcher.

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 9, 2007 3:19 AM

caltrane74 Jan 9, 2007 4:16 PM

Direct to suite elevators. Cool. indoor parking. Even cooler.

But I read something over at SSC that this building is only to be 28 floors. Do we have anything to confirm?

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 9, 2007 4:37 PM

Ya I read the same thing so this must not be the Signature Tower, also now that I think about it why they would sell Signature now when the location for that tower will be where the sales office currently sits. I’m just curious how they can say unobstructed views when surrounded by much taller condos.

Unless..........

caltrane74 Jan 9, 2007 7:44 PM

The Jetsons: Nice ( kinda looks familiar, like a brand new Cityplace building going into presales)

You see those spirals on the outside of the building. Thats where you can park your car. Drive your car to right outside your penthouse door.

icescraper Jan 12, 2007 12:12 AM

Doubt is Signature. Signature is supposed to be last. I think we've got a few more to go.. - Ice

Taller Better Jan 16, 2007 2:18 AM

I'm liking what I see... a little George Jetson down in CityPlace might be kind of fun!

samne Jan 16, 2007 2:38 AM

checked the website, but tough to determine how far along CityPlace is. Does anyone have an idea of how many more buildings will be built and a timeframe?

WhipperSnapper Jan 16, 2007 3:42 AM

2 blocks (4 towers) + signature

WHISTLERINMUSKOKA Jan 16, 2007 2:25 PM

Goodlookin I thought it had another 8 towers and a handfull of low to mid rises + signature.

WhipperSnapper Jan 16, 2007 4:18 PM

don't know why but didn't consider the current phases in development

more specifically

West One/N Block - topped - late 2007 (2 towers; west of Spadina, south side of Fort York/Bremner)
Montage/Neo Block - below ground - early 2009 (2 towers; west of Spadina, north side of Fort York/Bremner)
Luna Block - excavation - late 2009 (2 towers; west of Montage/Neo)
Block 26W (2 towers; west of Luna)
Block 29 (2 towers; west of Block 26W)
Signature (lone tower; sales centre)

and there are also four more development blocks between Bathurst and Cityplace

LordMandeep Jan 16, 2007 8:33 PM

np

LordMandeep Jan 16, 2007 8:36 PM

Singature will be 69 floors i think....

Cityplace is moving very fast. Luna was just introduced in the spring of 2007.

Montage was a tad bit slow on sales only 65% sold on start of construction but now its 85%.

Luna is sold out over 85-90% and it's expected it a good building. Likley will see New Towers introduced when Luna and Montage start rising in the sky.

WhipperSnapper Jan 16, 2007 8:42 PM

^it was approved at 56 storey a long time ago and I don't think they ever officially went to the committee of adjustments with Signature

I'm expecting low sixties not because of height but density in which concord has none to spare

caltrane74 Jan 16, 2007 9:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodlookin' (Post 2568157)
^it was approved at 56 storey a long time ago and I don't think they ever officially went to the committee of adjustments with Signature

I'm expecting low sixties not because of height but density in which concord has none to spare

How can you say that? They still have to build (according to you) 4 buildings

So...they have wiggle room, no?

At 56 floors - signature tower would be barely visible from the lake, and the views wouldn't be of green and polluted lake but of HV2 sitting right in front of it and almost the exact hieght.