SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Homicide stats in Canadian Cities (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143615)

drew Dec 15, 2011 7:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5517879)
45 now in Edmonton. What are the totals in other cities so far?

I think Winnipeg is at about 350,000. The murderers are starting to murder other murderers... a murder half-life.

The_Architect Dec 15, 2011 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5517879)
45 now in Edmonton. What are the totals in other cities so far?

Toronto at 43 right now.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1098855?bn=1

Calgarian Dec 15, 2011 9:38 PM

Wow, crazy year in Winnipeg and Edmonton! hope things quiet down after this record breaking year...

I think Calgary is still at 8, haven't heard anything lately.

north 42 Dec 15, 2011 9:59 PM

Still just one in Windsor this year.

Centropolis Dec 15, 2011 10:00 PM

Wow, Winnipegs metro homicide rate per capita might be the same as St. Louis. What's going on there?

drew Dec 15, 2011 10:34 PM

^ we like killing each other, isn't it obvious?

SHOFEAR Dec 15, 2011 11:03 PM

cultuuuure

feepa Dec 15, 2011 11:15 PM

I have good opinions on why Edmonton and Winnipeg have such high rates, but I'd probably get banned for sharing it. One only needs to look at the social status and ethic groups that are getting killed...

...and well if you stay out of the drug trade, you'll have no problems in Edmonton.

Black Star Dec 15, 2011 11:49 PM

^Concur

You drink the booze you lose.....

You sell the drug.....look out for the other thug.

Wishblade Dec 16, 2011 12:17 AM

Halifax is at 15 so far I believe.

armorand93 Dec 16, 2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feepa (Post 5518230)
I have good opinions on why Edmonton and Winnipeg have such high rates, but I'd probably get banned for sharing it. One only needs to look at the social status and ethic groups that are getting killed...

...and well if you stay out of the drug trade, you'll have no problems in Edmonton.

Same for Winnipeg too, and you mean the poverty in the Aboriginal community which then cause's crime cause they need to get money for their families fast, which means drugs instead of a job because 1) no one hires full Aboriginals for full-time jobs, 2) they assume the gangster culture because the federal government eradicated aboriginal culture, 3) higher education is unaffordable for lower-income Aboriginal families and 4) the federal government simply doesn't care about the First Nations people in this country? They kicked my ancestors out of Sandilands by force, for an example. If they weren't Metis, they would've got much worse...

davidivivid Dec 16, 2011 12:53 AM

Quebec City is still at two I believe.

vid Dec 16, 2011 12:59 AM

I think Thunder Bay is also still at two, but honestly I can't remember. It's been a quiet year for us. By quiet, I mean back to normal. Most of our crimes are Mac's robberies. They closed all of the Mac's between 12 and 6am a couple weeks ago, so the robberies are happening just before midnight now. It will take a while before they realize what really has to be done.

Someone suggested having a police officer present when Mac's stores are shutting down, but that would require assigning more than two thirds of the active force at the time to corner stores, so it is simply unfeasible.

Darkoshvilli Dec 16, 2011 1:26 AM

Montreal still at 33. A mobster got shot a couple days ago and is in 'critical' but 'stable' condition.

Marty_Mcfly Dec 16, 2011 1:44 AM

St. John's is still at 4, the body found in the park wasn't deemed suspicious. Close call yesterday in a suburban neighborhood, double stabbing...man has been charged with attempted murder. City's gone to hell this year.

Rusty van Reddick Dec 16, 2011 2:04 AM

Calgary has had 10.

1ajs Dec 16, 2011 2:30 AM

Quote:

and 7 of them were to blocks from my home...

5 were a house fire set by a drugy who baught bad drugs off one of the houses tenits... the other 2 were house parties for folks in a new program to get people off the street that were not being looked after like the program mandates....

Acajack Dec 16, 2011 3:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armorand93 (Post 5518330)
, 3) higher education is unaffordable for lower-income Aboriginal families and ..

I thought that post-secondary education was free for aboriginals?

logan5 Dec 16, 2011 3:17 AM

Quote:

Most criminals are a product of their environment - I thought this was obvious. Aboriginals are brought up time and time again and the insinuation is that aboriginals have a genetic predisposition towards crime.

You use the same logic that other groups use against Muslims and black people and so on. Or maybe you have scientific evidence you wish to disclose, because your good opinion that you're afraid to share... is useless.

1ajs Dec 16, 2011 3:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acajack (Post 5518548)
I thought that post-secondary education was free for aboriginals?

not allways true depends on how much money your band has... and that issue causes healthcare problems for them to........... its a whole lotta mess