SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO │ River North │ Official Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139997)

sirkingwilliam Oct 26, 2007 6:35 AM

SAN ANTONIO │ River North │ Official Thread

jaga185 Oct 26, 2007 6:41 AM

A THEATRE DISTRICT! AHHH lol, I'm excited about that.

verbl Oct 26, 2007 7:22 AM

looks like an awesome place a MLB stadium next to

verbl Oct 26, 2007 7:28 AM

I heart river north

sirkingwilliam Oct 26, 2007 7:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbl (Post 3127859)
looks like an awesome place a MLB stadium next to

If only, although you do bring up a good point. River North would be the perfect location for a professional sports team stadium. The ideal location within River North would be Central Catholic High School. That is the area where you see the track and field oval.

Paul in S.A TX Oct 26, 2007 9:14 AM

This will be one of the best downtowns in the USA!!!! Best in Texas with no doubt!!It's just my opinion!!

sirkingwilliam Oct 26, 2007 9:49 AM

I'm having serious problems with what you did in the other section.

KevinFromTexas Oct 26, 2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3127920)
I'm having serious problems with what you did in the other section.

Nixed.

KevinFromTexas Oct 26, 2007 11:55 AM

This looks like a sweet project. So are all the brown models new stuff? Obviously some of those highrises are new, though conceptual, but is all that really part of it? I guess some of those might be renovations also. At any rate, this is exciting.

michobq Oct 26, 2007 1:55 PM

Central Catholic? and ATT Campus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3127871)
If only, although you do bring up a good point. River North would be the perfect location for a professional sports team stadium. The ideal location within River North would be Central Catholic High School. That is the area where you see the track and field oval.

I thought that was Fox Tech HS, but I could be wrong.

The Archdiocese of San Antonio is looking for land to place a new Catholic HS so maybe moving the Central Catholic campus may be an option. The land that is sits on is worth a lot of money and the Archdiocese could use that money to build a bigger, better Central Catholic HS.

The cluster of conceptual buildings by the two ATT buildings look like they could be the beginning of an ATT campus. They are of close proximity to one another being right across the river. Who knows?

starvinggryphon Oct 26, 2007 4:52 PM

Nah, that's not Fox Tech, it's the catholic school across from KSAT-12

BigBird9 Oct 26, 2007 7:08 PM

WOW, this thing looks great! Although, as verbl, said, a pro-sports stadium would be perfect.

JACKinBeantown Oct 26, 2007 8:27 PM

Nah, make it more like the upper west side meets Greenwich Village. No stadiums in those great residential areas.

sirkingwilliam Oct 26, 2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michobq (Post 3128054)
I thought that was Fox Tech HS, but I could be wrong.

The Archdiocese of San Antonio is looking for land to place a new Catholic HS so maybe moving the Central Catholic campus may be an option. The land that is sits on is worth a lot of money and the Archdiocese could use that money to build a bigger, better Central Catholic HS.

The cluster of conceptual buildings by the two ATT buildings look like they could be the beginning of an ATT campus. They are of close proximity to one another being right across the river. Who knows?

That is true about the Archdiocese building a new high school on the north side. However, I don't think that means there shutting down Central Catholic. Someone would definitively have to buy the school and land while possibly donating land near downtown for a new school.

verbl Oct 26, 2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 3127871)

I second that! If only the city could see the commerce that that would bring to the downtown area. My friend who is a huge cardinals fan says there is nothing better than having a stadium downtown because not only can you get a hotel close to the game but before it starts he can go shopping and go sightseeing in st.louis, not only would it be beautiful it would help the local economy as well

alexjon Oct 26, 2007 11:23 PM

I hope they heed Homer Williams' pseudo-warning about their plans to forgo installing a streetcar.

It would be the best move, but I've no idea why everyone is so against it when people with billions of dollars of development revenue under their belts are saying "do it do it do it"

sirkingwilliam Oct 26, 2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexjon (Post 3129196)
I hope they heed Homer Williams' pseudo-warning about their plans to forgo installing a streetcar.

It would be the best move, but I've no idea why everyone is so against it when people with billions of dollars of development revenue under their belts are saying "do it do it do it"

From what I can tell, there is plans for street cars in River North.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/513...north20sg1.png

alexjon Oct 26, 2007 11:51 PM

If only I could run back to my office right now, I could scan a sketch I did of a fantasy streetcar line through downtown-- it's almost exactly that setup!

verbl Oct 27, 2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX (Post 3127909)
This will be one of the best downtowns in the USA!!!! Best in Texas with no doubt!!It's just my opinion!!

I think it will be world class.

sirkingwilliam Oct 27, 2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexjon (Post 3129235)
If only I could run back to my office right now, I could scan a sketch I did of a fantasy streetcar line through downtown-- it's almost exactly that setup!

I like how the start/end points are the convention center and the Pearl.